• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I dunno how you guys can get into K-dramas.

Quite simply because my wife loves them. Although some are way better than others.

Here are some guidelines that I have come across:

Any drama in which the main characters are younger than say 25-28 is complete garbage for the most part, with maybe one or two exceptions. Generally, the older the characters are the better the plot will be. Avoid anything which involves students of any variety, if possible. There are a ton of cinderella stories, and it's kind of rare that they are good. Certain actors/actresses really do make or break them. For instance, Lee Seung Gi, Hyun Bin, and Lee Byung Hun are good in dramas. Han Hyo Joo, Lee Min Jung, Son Ye Jin and especially Kim Suna are good on the female end. Kim Suna is probably the most likeable korean film actress I can think of.

No good drama that I have seen has a happy ending. Or at least, certainly not an entirely happy ending. Case in point at the end of Alone in Love
they give the main characters sister/comic relief BREAST CANCER for the ending

Peru

The mandatory sad ending is lazy and boring at this point. So are the dead parents that somehow always serve as a backstory.

History of the Salaryman continues to be the best k-drama I've ever seen, though. It's approaching that status where I'm not going to be embarassed comparing it to my favorite series from other places in the world.

dZqAi5uaRbrkN.gif

large ver, 33mb

Its already been like 10 pages since your last gif, man!

tumblr_lz1ij5hdY91qdcel5o1_500.gif

thanks ;)

The mandatory sad ending is lazy and boring at this point. So are the dead parents that somehow always serve as a backstory.

History of the Salaryman continues to be the best k-drama I've ever seen, though. It's approaching that status where I'm not going to be embarassed comparing it to my favorite series from other places in the world.

I always figured the mandatory sad ending was just a korean cultural thing. It was the only thing I could think of. The dead parents stuff is getting old though. They beat a dead horse with that one.

Ym1r

I used to be a drama freak. Autumn Tale was my first drama and got me addicted like hell, I remember pulling all-nighters on school days. I got sick of them after watching like 200 different ones though, Japanese and Chinese too. Then I switched to shorter, Korean movies. 200 pounds of beauty was the first movie I saw, it was ridiculously good. It led me to A Moment to Remember, which is now my favorite movie of all time,
it made me cry.
I watched all Son Ye Jin's movies after that, shes a wonderful actress.

I expanded a little and watched variety shows, and never looked back. Dramas are way too boring and long for me to really care anymore. I still watch the occasional movie though.

Chesskid1

Banned
snsd = soshified.com
rainbow = prismatic7.com
kara = karaholic.com
t-ara = tiaradiadem.com
apink = a-pink.net
f(x) = affxtion.com

best sites. they each have their own dedicated fansubbers, though it takes like
50 posts
to get access to them.

it's pretty much a godsend for people like me, who only watch korean shows if there's a certain idol on it.

sadly, i can't find a fansite like those for miss A :( maybe someone knows of one. i got all my idols covered, except for suzy.

Riverfield

Neo Member

For some reason it never occurred to me that Last Fantasy would be one of the songs on the album getting an MV, despite it being the title song. Oh well. Always liked it, anyway. So Disney. Also Nyanko-sensei cameo aww yee.

SPICA did real well on their debut stage. Leader chick is so good http://youtu.be/7mLwYsTCY_c

Meanwhile I have the feeling Ailee is going to kill the K charts for many years to come.

I agree with both things here. Camera man at the beginning sure knows what he's doing.

Good god this thread has been moving fast.

wwlnd

Banned
tumblr_lz1ij5hdY91qdcel5o1_500.gif

thanks ;)

It's my pleasure!

http://i.minus.com/dbiFLtqBXG6zM9.gif big
http://i.minus.com/dLp7SUnLWqiR9.gif "small"

Both of them tear pretty badly on my pc, though the small version doesn't have any tearing about 10% of the time. Cropping down didn't help. Do you have tearing too? Someone mentioned once that he didn't have any tearing on one of my other gifs so it might just be my pc.

Its already been like 10 pages since your last gif, man!

the ones i like are all so big, i feel bad hotlinking them
dX1KvgatJCjne.gif

Just got some updated information about my job.....

I will be moving to Incheon to teach in August of this year!!! :D:D:D

WE IN THERE!!!!!

<3<3<3 you all!

Ashhong

All of you guys and you're lame Korean dramas need to go back and watch the BEST kdrama of all time, First Love. I am still searching for an easy way to watch it. If I find it I'll link it and spam it all the time in here. That is how you do a kdrama. I think it's still one of, if not the most, watched kdramas of all time. Like 70% of the population would tune in every week.

ryan-ts

All of you guys and you're lame Korean dramas need to go back and watch the BEST kdrama of all time, First Love. I am still searching for an easy way to watch it. If I find it I'll link it and spam it all the time in here. That is how you do a kdrama. I think it's still one of, if not the most, watched kdramas of all time. Like 70% of the population would tune in every week.

You find it and I'll check an episode out for sure.

lunlunqq

Just got some updated information about my job.....

I will be moving to Incheon to teach in August of this year!!! :D:D:D

WE IN THERE!!!!!

<3<3<3 you all!

Congrats!!! What do you teach? I start to think that I should also consider seeking an opportunity to visit a Korean university some time soon. Maybe I can try the university Seobaby is attending right now... :)

Alta1r

Damn, sounds like a drama I watched when I was a kid. If you find it let me know.

I'll be sure to send all of you a wedding invitation ;)

Nice! Take both of them. Just make sure the wedding is over the summer when I'm (hopefully) there so Yoong can be a bridesmaid and I can be one of the dudes that gets to stand up there on the other side and all will be good in the world.

wwlnd

Banned

i guess the SBS one? http://wiki.d-addicts.com/First_Love

Alta1r

:O

Holy shit awesome!!! Everyone needs to get it. Is it against ToS to link it? Probably...1996 First Love, GOGOGO

edit: wtf, you have to complete a survey just to make an account on asiatorrents?

Hour-long or half-hour episodes? 66 is a lot.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Smiling? THEY'RE SMILING? GATHER ROUND!! LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A GRADE A PICTURE HERE FOLKS!! Also, Bomi > NaEun in this pic.
tumblr_lz46wrEkh11qm4souo2_400.jpg

Ranvier

Thank you, France, for beefy security

Well Hyo and Yuri are really the only ones that need security in France.

http://i.minus.com/dX1KvgatJCjne.gif][/QUOTE]

Her teef look like ugly little baked beans to me and
That hideous toof to gum ratio, not as big a offender as goo Hara though. Goo has the worse ratio in all of Kpop. She's still coo though, cus she makes me laugh on IY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom