• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Minha looks kind of like that Jooyeon girl from AS in those gifs.

Bangs are the great equalizer.

DcJvb.gif
orUSw.gif

SQ1Ov.gif
T3vTg.gif

cshVe.gif
qvL0v.gif

Alta1r

Bangs are the great equalizer.

Lol. A bit of that. And I think I still have the all Asians look the same thing going for the girls I don't really know.

tumblr_lzxb2zuokN1rnay5vo1_500.jpg

Watching the raw of Dangerous Boys (might make gifs later), Taeyeon was really nervous watching them on stage. She was like the only one who never yelled or anything.

She had her eyes and mouth open, transfixed for the entire performance.

For some reason I can see that. Not really sure why, but it sounds like her.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Narae is indeed a goddess of some sort.

·feist·;35510850 said:
And the real key to the suits? Don't have to lose my lunch when I see the "slim" one. /silver lining
This is how I try to receive them.

Buahaha, this is one of the reasons Soyeon is my pick for the BAMF award.

Edgeward

lol at the bitching in the comments. KPop youtube never disappoints.

On a related note, ran into this

After School’s Uee revealed her feelings about After School.
The episode of KBS 2TV’s Entertainment News which aired on February 25, was about a guerilla date with Uee.
When asked about After School, she started by saying, “I make the most profit out of all our members.”
She continued, “I often miss out on certain events due to my personal schedules. We don’t share the profit that I missed out.”
When asked about her solo activities, Uee answered, “I never imagined. I am going to stick with them until the end. It would be great if we all end our career in success, but even if we don’t, I won’t be going out in the middle.”

Edgeward

first after school song I ever heard :D, rambling girl outfits remind me of aluminium foil

You definitely fell into the right song to listen to first. AS was the first non-Soshi group I got addicted to. And all their JP outfits have been terrible just awful stuff. Outside of the "Make it Happen" MV.

DXPett1

Apparently there's torrents available but all the SNSD ones I found are dead. I ended up downloading Mr Taxi which said its at 60fps which is definitely nicer and smoother than the other HD version I had.

oh, I thought it was some deinterlacing video magic trickery (funny enough I just discovered deinterlacing was off in my VLC, shits way better with it on lol)

Salazar

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/02/sm-entertainment-to-start-a-travel-agency-business

Korea’s leading entertainment agency SM Entertainment will start a travel and tourism business.

On February 27th, SM Entertainment released a statement saying, “SM Entertainment has acquired a travel agency specializing in Hawaii called, “Happy Hawaii” through a capital increase. We have changed the name to “SM Town Travel” through which we will be running a travel and tourism business.”

Furthermore, they stated, “SM Town Travel will combine SM Entertainment’s renowned brand with the global popularity of K-pop and Hallyu in order to invent various travel packages. It will also strive to become a cultural exchange business through education and culture exchange.”

lol, ok.

jX87p.gif

mnpdt.gif

OQE37.gif

Dice

Okay guys so I'm counting up votes thus far to see where we stand. We will definitely need tiebreakers votes on some but I have an issue I would like input on.

The male rookies will need a 3-way tiebreaker if I count Infinite as rookies. They debuted in June 2010 so technically they were rookies in 2011, but only half of it. Should they count?

Dice

Hmmmmm... well looking at Wikipedia they won one rookie-class award in 2010 and then they were nominated for/won a bunch of awards in 2011 but none of those were rookie awards. I think they don't count. Don't worry about re-voting if you picked them, just vote in the upcoming tiebreaker. If we get a couple more in a certain direction today, it may not even be a tiebreaker issue.

wwlnd

Banned
Are you talking about 60fps mode?
If so, then yes its really great. Dice showed me the way.

where can i find such things?

You have to search torrents in Korean for performances.

oh, I thought it was some deinterlacing video magic trickery (funny enough I just discovered deinterlacing was off in my VLC, shits way better with it on lol)

thanks, found a lot of the boys torrents were dead so i had to look elsewhere

how does one do this?

Apparently there's torrents available but all the SNSD ones I found are dead. I ended up downloading Mr Taxi which said its at 60fps which is definitely nicer and smoother than the other HD version I had.

I was talking about deinterlacing a regular 1080i .ts/.tp performance into 60fps real-time during playback. VLC can do this (it's called yadif x2) but my computer is too slow to do that smoothly. Yesterday I discovered PotPlayer and it's double rate deinterlace works beautifully :)

The big advantage of the real-time method is that it's much much higher resolution than a 720p 60fps transcode. And, of course, it works with any ts/tp, which are easily available (unlike the 720p 60fps transcodes).

Dice

Yadif x2 mode filters the image to be smoother. Linear mode is the regular deinterlacing to 60fps.

Edit: Also, you pretty much have to get performances within the first week or you'll have to find them from fan groups. Kpop ain't about archiving shit.

DXPett1

VLC can do this (it's called yadif x2) but my computer is too slow to do that smoothly

I was messing with this before but it seems to degrade performance wise pretty quickly (VLC clearly doesn't take any great advantage of video hardware). Linear deinterlacing seems to be the best so far

EDIT: Oh F U Dice :p

I am a bit sad about Soshi's The Boys album. I still find myself going back to the Japanese album. Songs are consistantly superior. It's (the japanese one) is one of the few albums I can listen to from start to finish without care

wwlnd

Banned
Yadif x2 mode filters the image to be smoother. Linear mode is the regular deinterlacing to 60fps.

Edit: Also, you pretty much have to get performances within the first week or you'll have to find them from fan groups. Kpop ain't about archiving shit.

Ooooooh, didn't know this. %#$& all this time I was watching @ 30fps when 60fps was a couple of clicks away >:[

I was talking about deinterlacing a regular 1080i .ts/.tp performance into 60fps real-time during playback. VLC can do this (it's called yadif x2) but my computer is too slow to do that smoothly. Yesterday I discovered PotPlayer and it's double rate deinterlace works beautifully :)

The big advantage of the real-time method is that it's much much higher resolution than a 720p 60fps transcode. And, of course, it works with any ts/tp, which are easily available (unlike the 720p 60fps transcodes).

oh right not sure how to do this on CCCP, dont like VLC

tumblr_m00dctPC2T1qe5ygio1_500.gif

wwlnd

Banned
oh right not sure how to do this on CCCP, dont like VLC
yeah i don't like it either :) i guess you're using mpc-hc as a media player? i don't think any of the default mpeg-2 decoder deinterlacers are double rate...

the pot player deinterlacer might be worth checking out - it's labeled as experimental so i think it might be a bit more advanced than vlc's linear.

[av nerd]
i think it may take information from the previous and next field into account when interpolating the missing lines of a field... there is no way that this could be worse than only taking information from the current field (vlc linear) into account.
[/av nerd]

Peru

Sexy diva Lee Hyori shared her thoughts about the controversy over her belly.

The singer seemed unaffected by the issue and tweeted on February 27, "What’s so alarming about the fact that things begin to sag a bit as one ages? It seems many reporters were only focused on drawing criticism to my belly from yesterday’s episode of 'You & I'. I’m just a girl with the flu laughing while receiving an IV."

Laughed for a while over the 'controversy over her belly' line.

Peru

To be honest I can't even read through regular k-pop press releases these days without breaking into fits of laughter

N.A.P Entertainment stated, “The revealing of C-Real’s second mini-album jacket!!! Please show a lot of interest for C-Real, who have become even more cuter and lovable!!!”

Dice

Meh...

You have 6 hours to vote! I'm gonna put up the tiebreakers then so we have a bit of time for those to get settled.

Alta1r

Salazar

I am amusedly anticipating how SM will use the hallyu angle. If they actually will.

Probably just use their idol roster for cheap/free CFs.

Alta1r

Christ. THIS is supposedly a conspicuous belly ?

Fe4Ux.jpg

She's getting old, she said it herself. Better start covering that shit up! lol

Just kidding.

I am amusedly anticipating how SM will use the hallyu angle. If they actually will.

Probably just use their idol roster for cheap/free CFs.

Lol, yeah. Reminds me of that thing Suzy's label did a few months ago. That travel Korea thing with interactive ads. Maybe this is the hot new thing for agencies these days.

Salazar

SM picking up a travel agency is actually pretty damn clever, if they can share out the promotion among different groups. I mean, it's not huge or immediate bank, but it's smart.

I will not be using their services, however. Kpop companies don't inspire trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom