• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m02l7rIzkp1qmlig1o1_250.gif
tumblr_m02l7rIzkp1qmlig1o2_250.gif

tumblr_m02l7rIzkp1qmlig1o3_250.gif
tumblr_m02l7rIzkp1qmlig1o4_250.gif

tumblr_m02l7rIzkp1qmlig1o5_250.gif
tumblr_m02l7rIzkp1qmlig1o6_250.gif

EDIT: HOLY SHIT: http://yfrog.com/0vp18z

I need to find an HD version ASAP!

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I'm looking for more boy bands, that sound like U-Kiss, B.A.P. and SS501. Any suggestions?

Beast
Infinite
TVXQ
Big Bang
2PM

The OP has some MV's to songs you might like. Specifically:

Beast - Fiction
Infinite - Paradise
2PM - Again & Again

Yang Hyun Suk on his plans for YG Entertainment:

Big Bang and 2NE1 will focus more on performing at festivals to further their global promotion. The United States and Europe are more fitting for 2NE1 and Big Bang. Meanwhile, Se7en will concentrate on his Japanese promotions. Each of our artists have strengths that match the local as well as global markets

YG Entertainment plans to create office branches in the US as well as Europe to more efficiently manage our global efforts. Our goal is to become the world’s leading music company. In doing so we will try our best to offer compelling content which will boost interest in K-Pop.

http://www.soompi.com/news/yang-hyun-suk-speaks-about-future-plans-for-big-bang-2ne1-and-new-groups

It will be interesting to see how SM and JYP will compete.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I tend to be slow whenever its something that's K-pop related...as to why I don't post in this thread often (if at all). Only thing I was really up to date with was miss A's comeback.

It you want to get caught up on mv's/performances.. I'll most likely be streaming in about 2-3 hours.

damisa

I wonder if we should try to work out some sort of nomination committee for the 2012 awards.

I think this is a really good idea. It's hard to remember everything that came out during the year, especially by some of the less popular groups. Also, it's less intimidating having a fewer choices.

Riverfield

Neo Member
I tend to be slow whenever its something that's K-pop related...as to why I don't post in this thread often (if at all). Only thing I was really up to date with was miss A's comeback.

I meant that Orange Caramel answered a question right before I finished posting. Other than that I'm pretty up to date largely because of this thread.

luso

I'm curious about the voting results.
Maybe this year we can set some mini-voting just to be on record at the end of the year (for this voting I think I forgot half of what happened during 2011).

taeyeon001_small5du0j.gif

Big (20Mb)

Ashhong

I didn't want to vote in the male rookie of the year category because I didn't listen to either choices. Oh well, guess I gotta randomly pick

Ym1r

Did my speech today, the instant the pictures came up on the slideshow the guys clapped (who doesn't love hot Asian women anyway?), and one of em said "Yo, It's Girls' Generation".

It wasn't too bad, I had a little issues here and there, but that was just me forgetting a couple lines. There wasn't a person who hated it, and the professor loved it. Too bad she forgot to bring her camera and the class cams were busted.

Again, thanks for the pictures!

Ashhong

Did my speech today, the instant the pictures came up on the slideshow the guys clapped (who doesn't love hot Asian women anyway?), and one of em said "Yo, It's Girls' Generation".

It wasn't too bad, I had a little issues here and there, but that was just me forgetting a couple lines. There wasn't a person who hated it, and the professor loved it. Too bad she forgot to bring her camera and the class cams were busted.

was it informative speech? can you PM me your speech
lol.gif

Deadly

We need a recording of this :lol

Biscuits

lolol Gwang Soo as a gangster, and "Hophip". I didn't vote in that category before cuz I have no knowledge in that field, but I guess you guys couldn't decide on one non-mainstream artist to nominate.

Glad to hear the speech went well!

http://www.abload.de/img/taeyeon001_small5du0j.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Loosen up my buttons baby~~

You gotta do one for her Hush Hush perf sometime.

Alta1r

oh my bad, well I guess I'm the only one whose behind ):

Don't worry, I'm behind too.

Oh snap, nice! I want to see this now too. I think you should give this thread an encore performance. =D

Ym1r

Oh snap, nice! I want to see this now too. I think you should give this thread an encore performance. =D

I was freaking nervous, I was the first one to go too, so it didn't really help my anxiety. I was sitting up there breathing it out while the instructor was calling role. The moment I put the projector on, and I saw my girls, I got over it pretty quick. I did stumble on my words a bit here and there, but I recovered and finished successfully. It's a shame it couldn't be recorded. If you guys really want, I could give the speech to my family, they know I like them, but they don't know anything about them. It could work? :p

If you guys want to see the general flow of it:
Outline + pictures used. I had some of the pictures you guys posted for me at the end of the presentation, I made them play the guessing game (except the guy who knew who they were) and whoever got it right got Korean Mr. Taxi album + Repackage. I didn't include them in the folder because it wasn't really part of the speech.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fbv4xsivlfaw7

My writing is pretty bad though, excuse me for it. :)

Edit: The guy who got it right, it was a picture of Yoona. He said "I remember cause shes like in the middle of all the pictures"

Biscuits

I was freaking nervous, I was the first one to go too, so it didn't really help my anxiety. I was sitting up there breathing it out while the instructor was calling role. The moment I put the projector on, and I saw my girls, I got over it pretty quick. I did stumble on my words a bit here and there, but I recovered and finished successfully. It's a shame it couldn't be recorded. If you guys really want, I could give the speech to my family, they know I like them, but they don't know anything about them. It could work? :p

If you guys want to see the general flow of it:
Outline + pictures used. I had some of the pictures you guys posted for me at the end of the presentation, I made them play the guessing game (except the guy who knew who they were) and whoever got it right got Korean Mr. Taxi album + Repackage. I didn't include them in the folder because it wasn't really part of the speech.
http://www.mediafire.com/?fbv4xsivlfaw7

My writing is pretty bad though, excuse me for it. :)

Edit: The guy who got it right, it was a picture of Yoona. He said "I remember cause shes like in the middle of all the pictures"
Wow, you gave out a whole album? Good man, spreading the kpop. Having the slideshow is enough for me, gonna check it out when I have the time.

qvDJT.jpg

Big Bang's gonna be on You & I with their concert live band!

http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2012/02/big-bang-will-perform-on-sbs-you-and-i.html
On the March 18th episode of Lee Hyori's "YOU & I", Big Bang will performing with the band they will be working with during their world tour. The band has worked with international artists like Mariah Carey, Chris Brown and Boyz II Men, so this stage is attracting a lot of attention.

A YG representative said, "Since Big Bang's performances with this world-class band can't be shown to many music fans, we've decided to introduce them via YOU & I. They will be playing their new songs and their old hits (with new arrangements) on stage."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom