• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m02469aSFS1qahidbo1_400.jpg
tumblr_m02469aSFS1qahidbo2_400.jpg

I voted for Bubble Pop before the tie-breaker because of its international popularity but changed my vote to OC. Didn't think it would get that much votes.

tumblr_lx79jgTJTy1qhr4hvo2_500.gif

Alta1r

Voting is closed! The last votes did not sway the difference on tiebreakers.

CLICK HERE TO TIEBREAK VOTE FOR THE NEOGAF 2011 KPOP AWARDS

Voting closes... in 24 hours!

Sheeiiitttt, Soshi or T-ara for artist of the year... T-ara had the better music by far but Soshi had good music and has the complete package overall. This one's gonna be tough.

I voted for Bubble Pop before the tie-breaker because of its international popularity but changed my vote to OC. Didn't think it would get that much votes.

tumblr_lx79jgTJTy1qhr4hvo2_500.gif

tumblr_lntl4b2orq1qdzxx3o1_400.gif

jokkir

Voted.

Also, I think im going to do the SM Entertainment audition thing when it comes to my city for singing. Wish me luck guys. I'm a terrible singer.

jokkir

Good luck! When are the auditions?

March 10th in Toronto. The only reason im going is because my friend said she'll only go audition if I go too. I thought she has more of a chance than me so I'm just going so she has a chance to go somewhere with her life lol.

Photos from Happy Together 10 year anniversary episode.
Featuring MCs from past episodes: Lee Hyori, Shin Dong Yup, Tak Jae Hoon, and Eugene.

ibsVnfiSzYnHba.jpg

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Voted. These tiebreakers are a letdown.

I don't remember who I chose for the selca category but I saw the video Conceptor posted so Chorong gets my vote.

Alta1r

Voted.

Also, I think im going to do the SM Entertainment audition thing when it comes to my city for singing. Wish me luck guys. I'm a terrible singer.

Good luck. Maybe people will be posting pictures of you in here when you're done training in 2020 and debut. =P

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Wait... there's more letdowns? Damnit.
I'll reveal a single letdown now. It may be a bit silly, but I can't be left as the only person knowing about this great omission.

You see, it's not who won a category, but it's who DIDN'T GET A SINGLE GODDAMN MENTION OTHER THAN MINE... *deep breath* Jiyoung for Most Improved Assets.

kcYYe.jpg

I just... I don't know what to say except...
where'd y'all leave your dicks?

Alta1r

Dice, you should link to the complete list of votes here once you post the results. Cut the names out if people are worried about anonymity, but it'd be interesting to see all the breakdowns.

Dice

Dice, you should link to the complete list of votes here once you post the results. Cut the names out if people are worried about anonymity, but it'd be interesting to see all the breakdowns.
That would be a massive pain in the ass for the first wave since there were first, secondary and third picks and varying names, so I'd have to do it all manually. However, with these tiebreakers it's only one selection per box on the spreadsheet and they are all named the same, so I can use google tools to create graphs.

Wortany

Ah damn, didn't make the general vote, but did vote in the tiebreakers. Too bad about some categories, but oh well, there are some nice surprises in it.

And Damn You DICE, I can't accept that beauty as Jiyoung. Please......just tell me that is someone else. :(

milkham

yeah i don't like it either :) i guess you're using mpc-hc as a media player? i don't think any of the default mpeg-2 decoder deinterlacers are double rate...

the pot player deinterlacer might be worth checking out - it's labeled as experimental so i think it might be a bit more advanced than vlc's linear.

[av nerd]
i think it may take information from the previous and next field into account when interpolating the missing lines of a field... there is no way that this could be worse than only taking information from the current field (vlc linear) into account.
[/av nerd]

I was wondering if on the windows version the deinterlacing settings stay put, i can set vlc to deinterlace with yadiffx2, but when it goes to the next video its back to off (i'm using a mac)

Alta1r

That would be a massive pain in the ass for the first wave since there were first, secondary and third picks and varying names, so I'd have to do it all manually. However, with these tiebreakers it's only one selection per box on the spreadsheet and they are all named the same, so I can use google tools to create graphs.

Awwww, damn. I wanted to see all the numbers. If it's in a google spreadsheet and you link me to it, I can take care of the manual work. I used to live in Excel anyway.

can you vote in tiebreak if you didn't vote in main thing? i didn't feel smart enough to vote and type in answers.

Yeah fasho.

Dice

And Damn You DICE, I can't accept that beauty as Jiyoung. Please......just tell me that is someone else. :(
Hey she's still sweet, cute Jing, but she just added being extremely freaking hot and gorgeous to that. See, watch her do both in one second:

31Zsv.gif

can you vote in tiebreak if you didn't vote in main thing? i didn't feel smart enough to vote and type in answers.
Of course you can.

I wonder if we should try to work out some sort of nomination committee for the 2012 awards.

Xilium

My K-pop knowledge is so shallow, i think my votes really consisted of 2-4 groups lol

Ditto. I didn't know or only had a vague knowledge of half the people/songs/groups on the tiebreaker list. I didn't give an answer for a lot of the general vote categories as I don't have too much of an interest in K-pop outside of the music.

I really didn't think either of those MV's were particularly great but that applies to pretty much all the MV's from 2011 that I saw so no big deal there (I think my top vote was Roly-Poly in the general vote just because I liked the disco theme).

For artist, male group, and pop song of the year, I just gave my answers from the general vote.

For everything else, quick google/youtube search and made my best judgement with the information found.

Wortany

I was wondering if on the windows version the deinterlacing settings stay put, i can set vlc to deinterlace with yadiffx2, but when it goes to the next video its back to off (i'm using a mac)

Make sure you put it on in the preferences and save, and not in the on-screen menu, cause the latter one is only for the current video.

Hey she's still sweet, cute Jing, but she just added being extremely freaking hot and gorgeous to that.
And it's more that I can't stand her cuteness, it's.....unnerving. Like Sooyoung-levels of cuteness-unnerving.

Oh wait no, atleast Sooyoung was funny when doing that. So yes, it's worse than that for me.

Dice

And it's more that I can't stand her cuteness, it's.....unnerving. Like Sooyoung-levels of cuteness-unnerving.

Oh wait no, atleast Sooyoung was funny when doing that. So yes, it's worse than that for me.
No way, I wahv her. *avatar quotes self*

Meh, Jiyoung is one of the reasons why I like KARA so much, right now they're probably my favorite k-pop group.

And I want her again on Running Man, episodes 61/62 were awesome for a lot of reasons. She is one of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom