• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Overall, looking at all the data, I would say we have a large diversity of tastes here but when people don't know what to say they just default to naming SNSD members. I think it's also painfully obvious that hardly anybody around here watches non-SNSD television, otherwise we would see the same diversity in personality categories that we did in looks categories. Also, you motherfuckers need to start paying attention to Kara. They were SO underrepresented.

Lol, how you gonna go discounting the results before you even post them! There's plenty of fun statistics and theories to toss around about the results but let's wait till they're out.

tumblr_m042p1r98B1r7fk5io2_250.jpg
tumblr_m042p1r98B1r7fk5io3_250.jpg

And f*ck this guy.

Deadly

Overall, looking at all the data, I would say we have a large diversity of tastes here but when people don't know what to say they just default to naming SNSD members. I think it's also painfully obvious that hardly anybody around here watches non-SNSD television, otherwise we would see the same diversity in personality categories that we did in looks categories. Also, you motherfuckers need to start paying attention to Kara. They were SO underrepresented.
This is the reason why I didn't vote. Except for one category and the tiebreakers

luso

Speed Up is not a bad song but they use way too much auto-tune, it annoys me a lot to be honest. On the other hand the mv is pretty AWESOME and the girls look amazing, specially Seungyeon (dat hair) and Gyuri.

I'm also not into the auto-tune thing, and this song overuses it.
And not enough Seungyeon in the MV...

Max

I am not Max
Air Canada's website sucks so much it refuses to show me flights from Vancouver to Toronto...

edit: pafyumu^^ still only the cut version of Nee's MV on their official youtube channel??

filler

Banned
Kara sucks, that's why nobody voted for them. Get ova it!

Also, you should have left the voting open longer. I know I wasn't the only one that didn't get a chance to vote.

godamn im so tired, i stayed up till like 3am waiting/listening to new big bang album and had to wake up at 7am to go to gym.

bad boy > blue > fantastic baby > love dust > aint no fun

havent listened to wings properly yet

so apparently theres been fights between locksmiths (taeny shippers) and taengsic shippers lololol

tumblr_lxtovavGlM1qcackso1_500.gif

Quadratic

Okay, I'm buying my ticket to the K-Pop concert in Toronto. None of my friends care for K-Pop so there better be a Toronto GAF meetup for this show.

Alta1r

Yes, Emperor Seunggi is not pleased...

I hate you.

Anybody have links for the final episode of dangerous boys? (english)

Final? It's over??

Kara sucks, that's why nobody voted for them. Get ova it!

Also, you should have left the voting open longer. I know I wasn't the only one that didn't get a chance to vote.

Lol. Based on what you normally say in the thread your votes might have had an impact in a few categories.

Alta1r

Also, we should preemptively get this discussion out of the way before the awards so we don't have to rehash it from the last thread.

• People do like Soshi. Any award that Soshi wins is not solely because they won by default.
  • People do like other groups. Any award that any other group wins is not because they won out of spite for Soshi and/or those voters are hipsters.

We're talking about music and looks here, both highly subjective tastes. Let's not insult each others' intelligence by saying any vote one way or another was some mindless act. Of course, trash talking is always fun and encouraged, but telling someone they have horrible taste is much different than discounting someone's entire view by calling them a brainless automaton. With that said, I think people will be surprised by the results.

And I got the all-time best reaction gif ready just in case:

tumblr_ls81cbKmWC1qbyyyko3_250.gif

so apparently theres been fights between locksmiths (taeny shippers) and taengsic shippers lololol

There's fangroup names for individual duos too?? Lol. Why are they called locksmiths?
I support the locksmiths if only because YoonSic is sexy.

luso

Canada on the route of K-pop and Perfume (which I know little), good for you guys.

The voting system was transparent (opposite of many K-awards) so whoever wins should be acknowledged. Rants and discussions can be fun, though.

I cracked in this scene of RM, so random:
gary0014hu0j.gif

Shorter version for a reaction gif

4Minute comeback pushed to March (probably because of BB).

Alta1r

I thought the last episode was next week :S

Crap, I kind of lost steam after the 7th episode and just picked up the general plot through gifs on tumblr and this thread. Now I need to catch up to catch that final episode live.
$20 says they'll audition for/be offered a spot at SM as trainees.

tumblr_m03co9vbjh1rqwmeso1_500.jpg

Ranvier

^^^^100% agreed with the whole subjective music thing. There's a difference between trash talking and attacking someone personally because they don't like the same shit as you do.

I also agree with filler on his assessment of Kara

There's fangroup names for individual duos too?? Lol. Why are they called locksmiths?
I support the locksmiths if only because YoonSic is sexy.

Apparently there is.. i didnt know what locksmiths were so I googled it. The name comes from Taeyeon and Tiffany having a lock and key necklace during their rookie days or something

edit: beaten by Ym1r

Alta1r

Tiffany and Taeyeon both have lock and key pendants.

http://snsdkorean.com/2011/06/22/locksmiths/

Ahhh I see. That page is lulz though.

The meaning behind “Locksmiths“ some of you guys ask? It’s deep for sure.

Comments are great too:

Overated. This further dilutes the power of 9. Completely hyped up whenever there is like one second of appearing together. Super overrated.
I teared up when I was reading this
*tears, tears, tears*

tumblr_m034u93nuU1qazy5go1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom