• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biscuits

Whoa wth? I need more info on this.

nvm
[UPDATE] 3/21 @CMW2012 with @Brianjoomuzik @ginachoi87 @TEEN_TOP @Apinkpcr @Apinkbm @Apinkjej @Apinksne @Apinkhyk @APINKKNJ @Apinkohy 3rd Line Butterfly (@kumbawani_3bf) @CryingNut @YELLOW_MONSTERS

KOREA NIGHT AT CMW2012

Presented by: The Korean Ministry of Culture, Tourism, and Sports in conjunction with KOCCA and KOFICE

Date: Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Venue: Kool Haus (132 Queens Quay East in Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

Time: TBA

Tickets: Price TBA (If interested in checking out other artists during Canadian Music Week, you can purchase a wristband via Canadian Music Fest’s official site)

http://canadianmusicfest.com/ (tickets available for sale starting tomorrow - 2/29 - according to comment on official Canadian Music Week Facebook page)

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/ (tickets available for sale starting next week according to Kool Haus’ website post)

Banner credits: http://theguvernment.com/2012/02/korea-night-cmw/#more-1853

Will update when there’s new info.

credits: http://twitter.com/brianjoo110 + http://www.facebook.com/brianjoocanada

Alta1r

Is it just me or do some of the girls look like other girls in kpop groups...?

I just get this vibe looking at some that Im seeing bits of kpop girls I already know...

Some of the girls in Rainbow look like other girls in Rainbow. So far I can only consistently tell Jaekyung, Woori and Jisook apart. The others are basically interchangeable.

Lol. Yeah, that's definitely not a new picture.

Use Opera, Firefox or something else to see the 720p version. Chrome can't handle it.

if562s8kiUX6t.gif

800x450 | 720p

ibg2QkXA3B6x7e.gif

800x450 | 720p

ramyeon

The new mini is fantastic. They're everywhere here. Saw a huge Alive promotional BUS with their photos all over it outside my dorm the other day.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
WOW
FANTASTIC BABY
I WANNA DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE DANCE

this is the hottest shit right here

Alta1r

Lol. Rewatched it today. Still just as spectacular. JYP is an incredible man.

She deserves those airport and fashionable awards.

I dunno if I should be happy or facepalming because those pictures are fucking terrible :lol

Lol. Yeah, that concept is turrible. Two good songs so far though, I'm looking forward to the rest of the tracks.

Alta1r

Filming of making Japanese Roly Poly MV

8 minute mark is what you're looking for.

Hotness. Hyomin and Jiyeon in that video...@_@

That Kara maknae is like the first reverse Asian I've seen. Wikipedia says she just turned 18 but she could pass for much older, probably even 30s.

Speed Up is not a bad song but they use way too much auto-tune, it annoys me a lot to be honest. On the other hand the mv is pretty AWESOME and the girls look amazing, specially Seungyeon (dat hair) and Gyuri.

what have they done to hara
She looks good IMO.

alta1r said:
she could pass for much older, probably even 30s.
lol, you're not the only one. When I saw her for the first time I thought she was older.

Biscuits

Yeah, lots of classic BB here. At least the full Bad Boy sounds less like Lil Wayne.

I'm getting some Kanye vibes from GD in Fantastic Baby lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
POLLS ARE CLOSED. AWARDS WILL BE TONIGHT.

When? Fuck if I know. I've been passing out in the daytime since a headcold knocked my sleep all outta whack. Maybe 1am CST? Depends on when I wake up. People are usually on late.

I will say that I have a bunch of winners pictures prepared, and will gather the rest for those who won the tiebreakers, so I will post one award at a time so people can comment between them like with a real awards show, so be here tonight. We will also have some interesting stats that Alta1r put together for me.

Pulling data from that spreadsheet but then looking at where the data came from and making decisions about tiebreakers amid inconsistent voting practices, trying to have integrity to the numbers yet also properly reflect the perspective of the posters was certainly a fucking nightmare, but I think we got it. Next year we definitely need some kind of nomination committee and standardized selections because it makes it so much easier to process and people like clean voting more than write-ins.

Overall, looking at all the data, I would say we have a large diversity of tastes here but when people don't know what to say they just default to naming SNSD members. I think it's also painfully obvious that hardly anybody around here watches non-SNSD television, otherwise we would see the same diversity in personality categories that we did in looks categories. Also, you motherfuckers need to start paying attention to Kara. They were SO underrepresented.

luso

Announce the awards when you have time/mood. It was already a good work creating and process the poll data.
Not sure if I can follow the announcements live, let's see...
And yeah, SNSD may be over-represented and Kara the opposite... And first half of last year was totally a blur to me, so last months activities are more vivid.

In the meantime

taeyeon_black001_smalkyxhe.gif

Bigger (20Mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom