• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Hyori should have a Running Man to herself.

tumblr_m0ajk223ab1r7rgrujv.gif

tumblr_m0feuiodda1qdy8xuk0.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

And 4 more.. wtf?

First round of artists for KMF10! Please welcome Nam Jin (남진), Im Tae Kyung (임태경), and Love & Peace (사랑과 평화)!! Next round coming up shortly!

Here's the next round or artists! Give a warm welcome to Lena Park (박정현), Bobby Kim & The Buga Kingz, and Kim Kyung-Ho (김경호)!!

That was fast. Now bring on the good ones.

Peru

She did some in Japan. Not in Korea, though, and not even talk shows the past few years.

tumblr_lyypjpcH7f1qcqdsho1_250.gif

Girls’ Generation’s maknae Seohyun revealed, “Girls’ Generation unnies forcefully made me drink a ‘bomb shot’”. (Translator’s note: a “bomb shot” is a mixture of beer and a hard liquor, such as whiskey)

During a recording session for “Strong Heart”, Seohyun said, “After completing the Japan Arena Tour, we had a drinking party as a means of celebration.”

Seohyun continued, “The members created a bomb shot in a big glass,” and revealed an unexpected side of Girls’ Generation. Seohyun also said, “I had to drink a bomb shot for the first time in my life, because I lost the game we played.”

You'd think she was on to the girls by now - can't hate liquor that much.

Ashhong

First set of artists should be announced soon.. unless they announce them all at once. First batch was announced on March 2nd of last year for the 2011 KMF.

You fucking psychic, you. Too bad I (we) don't care about any of the announced artists lol.

edit: Oh man, the adults are going to love this KMF.

Ym1r

You guys should read the comments on the article, fans are actually trying to justify the violence. Shit is hilarious as hell.

Salazar

tumblr_m0d2tcsijk1r8m5d2ud.gif

tumblr_m0eu3gtnhj1r46c33vm.gif

rofl

On his facebook, Chris Golightly left a long writing, expressing his frustration from sex scandal with fans.

His remarks are quite sarcastic. " I am leaving for America. I am grateful to all the women who lied and screwed my life in Korea. I hope you are happy."

Earlier, Chris Golightly held a press conference and said that there was some misunderstaning because of cultural difference and nonetheless he loves Korea and wants to continue his musical career in Korea,

Chris Golightly was one of the Top Ten contestant of Superstar K season 3.

gtfo, son.

lol, verbatim post

“I’m Going Home to USA:

Thank you, To the Girls for Making up Lies & Ruining my Life here. I hope your [sic] Happy. Every Girl I dated, I was Nice towards. You stripped me of my Name, Music, Management and Ripped my Soul. The Public believed A Stupid Rumor posted by Someone with “No Name or Trace” I dont even Know who Posted it. I have always respected The Korean Culture and its Land. But you Doubted me. This was a Bad Choice for me to Ever have came here. I am Fuckin Hurt because of how I’m being Treated. I am Tired of Lies, And the People who posted the Crap, Are Cowards. Why? Because you killed my Dream. When all I did was try to see if we could work out. Thank you……..”

Alta1r

tumblr_m0fw19m01t1qdck5u1g.gif
tumblr_m0fw19m01t1qdclnuav.gif
tumblr_m0fw19m01t1qdchwujq.gif

:(

That first gif makes it look like JYP crossed some lines, lol.

Lol. Yes it does. Good ol' JYP.

Gahhh, kill it with fire! The hair. All picture and video evidence of this era of Yoong's career needs to be destroyed.

You guys should read the comments on the article, fans are actually trying to justify the violence. Shit is hilarious as hell.

Lolll, the ones trying to justify it are pretty funny. Some of the comments going completely overboard on the other side are just as good. But good lord these accounts of the "sasaeng" fans are disturbing if they're true:

idols and managers even know some
groups of sasaeng fans by face and name, and these “fans” will
physically try to go and hold onto the idols, swear and insult at them,
touch them inappropriately, HIT and bruise the idols, and follow them
around EVERYWHERE. they will knock on the manager’s vans to get them to
open the window, bruise the members’ faces to leave marks, pull out
their hair to “keep”, etc. therefore the managers must constantly
protect these idols from harm and molestation, and to many korean fans,
it is absolutely no wonder as to why idols and managers lose their
temper with these “fans”.

these fans have also been known for sending nude pictures to idols,
breaking into their homes (and like one infamous incident: pee on their
towels and hang them up on a rack), sending “gifts” such as writing in
period blood or pads drenched in period blood, etc. they have physically
hurt idols, in such occasions that the managers have to beat back at
the fans to protect the members. they even sell the idols’ phone numbers
and social security numbers online.

Calcaneus

JYJ members - not innocent, angelic victims of the world? http://www.allkpop.com/2012/03/disp...s-of-violence-and-cussing-against-saseng-fans

lolzzz - thankfully I've never cared about them as a group. Seems to me the two best members stayed behind in TVXQ.

On the one hand, I totally get why they would be frustrated. There are stories of these fans breaking into their dorms, and somehow finding their phone numbers. I'm sure they are pretty much done with that shit after 7 years. So while it may be a shitty thing to do to fans, I don't really blame them for lashing out and cussing to get them to back off.

Violence is where I cross the line though, you just don't do that. Especially considering that a lot of these fans are teenagers. You're just being a piece of shit.

And JYJ don't really get to play the victim anymore. They're living the life now that they're out of SM's clutches.

Chesskid1

Banned
watched t-ara on made in BS japan, some japan show, was fansubbed.

it was basically just one huge gif of cuteness.

ibtWjvf8L95eCx.gif

MEDIUM (10MB)
BIG version (30MB) <- quite possibly GOAT

they had to show how they would wake up a sleeping friend and that's how qri would of done it. omg hfhhjzj. every member did it and it was so cute. almost died of aegyo.

Chesskid1

Banned
I think some of these groups have a strong misconception of how much cutesy Japan likes.

haha i dont know enough about their cultures to comment but

pretty much every shot of t-ara on that show, they would do some aegyo. pout, puff up cheeks, chipmunk, etc.. it was pretty much nonstop. aegyo on steroids. i remember thinkin it was a lil overboard.

vanty

"I'd know that tush anywhere"

Aww heeell yeah, 2NE1's new Japanese single is shit hot http://youtu.be/2Cg7XNbNt_c
Ow yea. But still, fucking avex fucking fuck. Only a short version, and they don't allow comments or ratings. Meanwhile Kyary, who isn't with a label stuck in 1997, gets 20 mil for her first video with a bazillion comments mostly positive, and 13 mil for the next PV with majority of comments and ratings positive.

And I just found out Kyary improvised almost the entire video for PONPONPON, only had the waywayway stuff choreographed. skillz

Sealda

Banned
GG Dice

1990 was a great year for k-pop apparently http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfzCkS-jY20

I am starting to understand now why they call him the "Michael Jackson of Korea"

The intro to ALIVE is the best song off Big Bangs newest. Wish it was a full song, then again, the format is so perfect, but you cant listen to a 40 second song! Its like, meeeeeeeh

Also, Atomos is Seo Taijis best album. Its really well balanced and contains none of his usual weirdo filler crap. Also, its the least "cliche" , in all his previous albums, it feels like he has tried to recreate some american sound. Atomos, feels much truer and realizing he wrote the bass lines to the songs himself, truly is impressive.

When you think about it, its quite bizarre that this boyband idol managed to play some really heavy stuff in front of thousands of yelling teenage girls. A lot of his early 00s crap is really low and much less listenable than say even Korn, who he probably derived much of his inspiration from.

JYP and Kahi seems like a good match in personalities.

tumblr_m0cgqwDZDd1qmlc53o1_250.gif

tumblr_m0cgqwDZDd1qmlc53o2_250.gif

tumblr_m0cgqwDZDd1qmlc53o3_250.gif

tumblr_m0cgqwDZDd1qmlc53o4_250.gif

120302bekahtwitter.jpg

Surgery anyone?

Alta1r

I dont like this drama already. lol

/jokes

...not.

Just imagine, it could have 10x worse
or better
if that scene was reversed.

Is that T.O.P?

And are you using anything specific to learn Korean Alty?

You and Eraldo should only respond in Korean for like a month to truly immerse yourself and get used to reading it.

Lol. I downloaded an app that tells me useful phrases like "a large bottle of beer, please," "do you have a condom?" and "Gohryeogoh uniforms are high quality uniforms, Gohryeogoh uniforms are high quality materials," lol. I've been having my Korean friends talk to me in Korean but I still can't tell where one word ends and another one begins. I'm tempted to pick up Rosetta Stone but that price tag is steep. And I've been a bit wary of downloading things these days.

Surely you jest.

I can see the resemblance. Just don't tell me that's a girl..

tumblr_m09mklb6b31qjhz0u

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm glad I introduced you to Yejin. I'm too lazy to dig up pictures of her. That one with the glasses is so fab but not really made for an avatar.

Edit: Watching Lay-T performance from Music Bank and
DAAAAYUM one of them has an ass like woah

Watched Hadami in HD and she has a similar expressive style to Hyomin. I like!

Peru

New Fat Cat teaser... wow, they really fucked up everything that's good about her, huh? Where's the sass? Why has a cliche K-ballad taken its place?

Alta1r

I'm glad I introduced you to Yejin. I'm too lazy to dig up pictures of her. That one with the glasses is so fab but not really made for an avatar.

Edit: Watching Lay-T performance from Music Bank and
DAAAAYUM one of them has an ass like woah

Watched Hadami in HD and she has a similar expressive style to Hyomin. I like!

tumblr_m09m7wJ5m41qjhz0uo1_250.jpg

Dude, hook it up with that Hadami video, I need to see this.

It's former After School member Bekah, though i cant tell whats shes had done.

Ahh, OK. Those Kahi pictures right before that one threw me off. I was going to say, if that's Kahi she looked way different pre-surgery.

How dare you.

Lol, hey, it was a random, unlabeled pic about plastic surgery following a wall of Kahi.

jokkir

Might get a haircut today, KpopGAF. Who do you say has the best haircut that's practical as everyday hair and that has short sides but a long-ish top?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom