• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

That is a mean thing to say about Lee Sang Soon.

tumblr_m119vfbtSw1r4bx1ro1_500.jpg

Ranvier

Happy birthday phono! I'll hyobomb once I get home, it'll probably be past your birthday but just consider it a belated present.

Ranvier

cool blog on TL about vanity/fashion trends/plastic surgery/etc in korea

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=321767

pretty interesting read, figured ya'll would get a kick out of it. no idea if it's accurate but seems to be.
]

I wonder how much of this applies to foreigners but holy shit!! This completely turned me off to the prospect of going to Korea for vacation. I've been hitting my traps waaay too much lately...

Alta1r

I wonder how much of this applies to foreigners but holy shit!! This completely turned me off to the prospect of going to Korea for vacation. I've been hitting my traps waaay too much lately...

I'm guessing probably not as much to foreigners. I'm guessing
non-white
foreigners are just outsiders there so you'd get looks and people might wonder what you're doing in their country. But you'd probably avoid the whole shebang cause you're already an outsider as it is so it doesn't really matter if you fit the in-crowd standards.

Damn. That is an unfortunate fact. However many surgeries she's supposedly had, can't argue with the results.

tumblr_m151fwGpy01qj0ep4o1_500.jpg

ryan-ts

I went looking for some K-Pop news so I could actually contribute to this thread. Came back with this gem;

NU'EST Teaches Traffic Safety

Rookie boy band NU’EST who have been receiving great reviews for their steady improvements shown on MNet and Inkigayo, are showing they are ready to take on the responsibility of role models.

During a recent Inkigayo show, the five members illustrated the important rules to follow when driving.

The segment starts off with Baekho and Aron highlighting the importance of staying awake at the wheel. Leader JR is then caught talking on his phone while driving and Minhyun forgets to put on his seatbelt. As for the youngest member of the group, Ren, he can’t drive yet so he makes sure to show people how to properly cross the street.

Listen up kids!

The video (Orange Caramel cameo included)

Biscuits

Also Daesung and Hyori's relationship makes things less awkward.

http://www.bigbangupdates.com/2012/03/info-yg-on-airbigbang-alive-broadcast.html
Hello, this is YG Entertainment.

Here is information about the broadcast of "YG ON AIR:BIG BANG ALIVE":

"YG ON AIR: BIG BANG ALIVE", which took place on March 14th in the Hwajung Gym will be aired on Naver and YouTube for fans who love Big Bang and cheer them on around the world.

Together we did the best live session in the world, with 8 different professional cameras, ad the best performance and stage.

Please read the more detailed information about the broadcast.

*YG ON AIR: BIG BANG ALIVE Broadcast Info*
> Time: Everyday at 6 PM (from 2012/3/20~ 3/25)
> Channel: NAVER MUSIC (On the Naver Music Special Page, which is open 24 hours in Korea exclusively) and YOUTUBE (Overseas release/ 24 hours later added in Korea)
> Broadcast info: Preview through NAVER MUSIC

"YG ON AIR: BIG BANG ALIVE" lets you listen and watch Big Bang's fifth mini album!!
We ask that you look forward to this.
Thank you.

So first one coming in in 4 or so hours.

Salazar

^^ Sigh.

Veteran hip hop artist MC Sniper is gearing up for his long-awaited sixth album return, but until then, he’s made sure that his first comeback stage was an underground one that caters to his love for just music.

On March 17th, he was invited to perform at the ‘5th Olleh Music Indie Awards‘, where he expressed, “It’s an honor to be able to perform on a stage for an underground ceremony that awards winners based on purely music alone.”

MC Sniper will also be kicking off promotions at the Hongdae club ‘Shining Ground‘ starting March 31st. Fans need not fret, as he’ll be starting public broadcast promotions next month with the release of his sixth album, which drops on April 2nd.

Ranvier

oh hush,

if that was a bomb of Kahi i would see no "sighs" out of you. Plus, that barely warranted as a bomb.

tumblr_l61c2lnLSk1qam0cl.gif

Do MC sniper and people like him fit more into the Artist category versus Idol category? Is he even considered indie?

Aside from the weird 50 year old fans and what not I've always thought Kpop was like the Disney channel of Korea. Popular with all age groups but really peaking with the 12 to 24 year olds. Are the 25+ young adults more into stuff like Tablo or MC sniper. It would be interesting if that genre of music was considered punk/underground.

Sooyoung to Star in New Drama ‘The 3rd Hospital’

After only acting in sitcoms, Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung will be making her first acting attempt in a traditional drama.

Sooyoung has been cast in a lead role in the upcoming medical drama “The 3rd Hospital” on cable channel tvN. Sooyoung will be playing the role of a violist [viola player], and along with the other female role, played by Kim Minjung, will be involved in a romantic storyline with the two male characters, played by Kim Seungwoo and Oh Jiho.

“The 3rd Hospital” is Korea’s first advanced medical drama that portrays tense competition between western and eastern medicine in the neurosurgery department of an alternative hospital.

With the final cast consisting of Kim Seungwoo, Oh Jiho, Kim Minjung, and Sooyoung, pre-production will begin in early April. The drama is scheduled to start airing at the end of July.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sal you are straight up crazy

edit: Lizzy wtf did you take these with, a gameboy?

Bc9Hi.png

Cute, as usual, though, and nice dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom