• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

Sal you are straight up crazy

Maybe so. Flight leaves tomorrow. Internet access will be intermittent, dependent on where I can find it in London and Oxford.

I refuse to sit in a McDonalds browsing Apink tumblrs.

But it might come to that.

tumblr_m0kbckfkkR1qbxhqvo1_250.gif
tumblr_m0kbckfkkR1qbxhqvo2_250.gif

tumblr_m0kbckfkkR1qbxhqvo3_250.gif
tumblr_m0kbckfkkR1qbxhqvo4_250.gif

tumblr_m16j1boO8E1qgx23ro1_500.gif

That teamliquid post was a good read, can't go korea anymore.. trying to get big in all areas of my body and to top it off i'm an endomorph so I naturally have big legs and I have pretty big calves too.

happy
belated?
birthday phono!

Peru

542312437.jpg

Aw shit already posted.. I'm at work so I do covert posting without looking much at the thread.

Seriously though, is Bora just playing dumb pretending not to know Beijing?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
yewon is so cute

edit: that reminds me, when is jewelry going to release something new?

Core Contents Media invests $890,000 USD on new girl group
Core Contents Media, famous for being the home to girl group T-ara, has revealed new information regarding their upcoming 7-member girl group.

The company is said to have invested more than $890,000 USD on this project, ensuring the group’s ability to prosper and distinguish themselves in the industry, which is booming with up-and-coming girl groups. Although the new project is heavily veiled in secrecy, Core Contents Media stated that the members are compromised of a unique mix of girls, from actresses like Hwang Ji Yeon, Lee Hae In and Choi Soo Eun, to super model Kim Hyeji. The company also revealed that that the girls have wrapped up the filming for their 7-part music video, which was filmed in various locations such as Italy, Austria and Switzerland.

From the high budget music videos to in-studio collaborations with label mate T-ara, this new girl group project is said to be make a mark in the continually expansive K-Pop industry.

Meanwhile, the girls are now in the recording stages for their debut album, said to be released no later than the fourth quarter of 2012.

I wonder if this is related to the T-ara changes that are coming.

luso

^^
More pressure for T-ara, let's see what is coming up

Yuri definitely speaks Engrish.
And Sooyoung finally got a job activity in a new drama. About time.

Skinny
but still hot
SY:
iArhmpoD24FFQ.gif

22 Mb

Niks

Core Contents Media invests $890,000 USD on new girl group
Although the new project is heavily veiled in secrecy, Core Contents Media stated that the members are compromised of a unique mix of girls, from actresses like Hwang Ji Yeon, Lee Hae In and Choi Soo Eun, to super model Kim Hyeji. The company also revealed that that the girls have wrapped up the filming for their 7-part music video, which was filmed in various locations such as Italy, Austria and Switzerland.

Music group made out of actresses and models... yup, they are off to a great start.

lol.. Yuri's "native" English in Fashion King http://youtu.be/xo2wovcKsMM

That went better than expected.

Yuri said:
“An entertaining situation has been created because I’m acting with Yoona. I’m happy that there are more things that I can relate to her with. There are more things that the members can share with one another now. I’m happy because, even if the viewers change the channel while watching one of our dramas, Girls’ Generation will still be on the screen.”

“My members read the script and discussed with me about a lot of things. We even acted out things together when there were difficult lines in English. I was having such a hard time that they said they think there are a lot of similarities between Anna and myself. Because I was worrying so much, they cheered me on and told me to believe in myself and to do my best.”

“The English lines were really hard. I had to put feelings into it while acting the scenes out while speaking in English, but it was awkward. I completed filming with the help from my members of Girls’ Generation. I’m still really worried. I hope people look at me positively.”

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Music group made out of actresses and models... yup, they are off to a great start.

That went better than expected.

hey.. not so fast. they're all pretty hot. also, lee hae in is in the lovey dovey tokyo mv. sportin the mushroom cut. or at least thats how i remembered her...

Quadratic

Anyone from Toronto-GAF going to the Korean Music Concert Wednesday? I'm meeting my friend at Bier Market nearby for predrinks at 6:30pm. If you want to meet up send me a PM and we'll swap info. The whole thing is supposed to go till 2am. After the mainstream K-pop they're going to have a bunch of indie Korean acts perform till the end.

Conceptor

One of my friends that goes to school downtown told me she saw Brian Joo walking around Eatons a while ago LOL.

Quadratic, I dunno what my friends are planning but I think a couple of others from the thread are going too

aXiMj.jpg

Hype.

Ranvier

Yuri's engrish was surprisingly endearing. Her and yoona have that sexy throaty voice when they are being normal not not trying to ayego it up. Sunny has a good talking voice as well but it's only heard when she's nOT in ayego mode which is rarer than a lower teef sighting from Sica.

Biscuits

One of my friends that goes to school downtown told me she saw Brian Joo walking around Eatons a while ago LOL.

Quadratic, I dunno what my friends are planning but I think a couple of others from the thread are going too
Yeah, I'll be going with a friend. I don't think I'll be able to meet up with you guys beforehand though. How early are you guys getting there? We're thinking 7:15 but I have a feeling the venue's gonna be pretty packed by then.

Quadratic

Yeah, I'll be going with a friend. I don't think I'll be able to meet up with you guys beforehand though. How early are you guys getting there? We're thinking 7:15 but I have a feeling the venue's gonna be pretty packed by then.

You can walk there easily from union Station or take the Sherbourne 75 bus if you're taking public transit. There's a ton of parking but it's going to be expensive the closer you are to the venue. I suggest parking near the Esplanade and walking down.

I went and picked up my tickets at the Royal York the girl mentioned how "a lot" of people came and picked up tickets. She even went so far as to ask me what the big deal was. I gave her a quick explanation of the hallyu and her eyes glazed over lol. Yeah, I figure this concert will have fan girls lined up since it's all ages. They will skip school. I used to work near the Opera House on Queen Street East and when any hip band was due to perform you bet there would be girls in sleeping bags outside.

My friend is a tall viking so we'll be chilling in the back anyways. My days of rushing the stage are over. This has got me excited, the last concert I went to was years ago. Also, it's going to be 25+ C tomorrow. Insane weather for Toronto for this time of year.

ryan-ts

Yeah the weather is pretty nice in this part of Ontario right now, 23 today!

Anyway, here's my daily news contribution to the thread. Taeyeon-shippers take notice, you can get her to write you a handwritten note.
Taeyeon thanks customers for visiting her fathers' shop

Girl’s Generation member Taeyeon has been garnering much attention recently for her handwritten letter thanking customers that have visited her father’s optical shop. Her handwritten letter was written in the guest book of the shop that is run by her father.

The message included the date that she wrote the message which was also accompanied with her signature butterfly autograph. Below is a translation of her message:

"Hi~~ My name is Taeyeonie… +_+ I haven’t been here in a while +_+ Was this book here back then? Heh heh. I heard from my parents that a lot of people visit! Leaving messages here every time you visit...Me like ^^ Me like! Me like! ^_^!! I’ll leave a message here every time I stop by!♡ Anyway...It’s a bit embarrassing here. Hahaha! Bye bye… 2012.3.14 -Taengoo-"
Story here

ryan-ts

Seeing as my last post killed thread activity, here's some actual news

Brown Eyed Girls’ Ga-In’s “For You Not To Know” MV released

We recently reported that legendary composer Yoon Il Sang would be working with Brown Eyed Girls‘ Ga-In to remake As One‘s “For You Not To Know“, which was released back in 1999. In addition to releasing the track earlier today, the full MV has also been revealed recently.

The sad piano melody and Ga-In’s trademark husky vocals give the classic a new trendy and grown up feel, and Ga-In superbly delivers the emotions of the song in small doses, unleashing everything she has in the latter half.
The Video

Link to story

Ranvier

So I had a taengoo dream last night. I still don't get why it's always her but anyway I was in seoul at a restaurant having a meeting with taeny and I’m playing dumb, acting like I don't know theyre famous and being like I'm completely oblivious of Kpop.

So our food comes and we're talking and for some reason they start arguing in Korean and finally taengoo goes, "fine lets just look it up." Before I can react her hand dives into my pocket and she fishes out my phone. This is where I just fucking panic. I'm thinking, "oh shit, she's going to see my search history and the YouTube videos I've been watching and the whole jig will be up." so I make a mad dash to grab the phone but taengoo's got some iron grip and she thinks we're playing so she's laughing it up, pulling back and forth and all the while I'm thinking "oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck!"

I guess at that point it was all too much for my brain and I woke up in a cold sweat with my heart going like 200 beats a minute. Damn reading this again it sounds like some sort of horrible fan fiction but it happened. Let it be a lesson to all you guys. You may not have noticed it but keeping Kpop a secret from your family and friends does subconsciously stress out your brain.

Edit: stupid copy paste. I told this to the one friend I have that also knows about Kpop in chat and decided I should post it here too since the thread was dead today and I figured you guys needed a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom