• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I get in addition to those is

MC Mong
Kinetic Flow
Tablo
Epik High
Outsider
Minos in Nuol
Supreme Team
Eluphant

Got to promote J-hiphop ONI, as well. Probably an acquired taste, but he's good.

thank you kindly, J-hip hop is also appreciated so if youd like to throw a few more artist from there my way that would be splendid. To be honest I am studying Japanese at uni and am always looking to improve my listening skills.

DXPett1

I am digging Twinkle as a whole. I think the only song that does nothing for me is Baby Steps. The rest are pretty rad which is surprising.

Interesting they are selling/promoting the album as Girls Generation and not TTS. I guess they are trading on the already established name.

EDIT: Gah! How Taeyeon pronouces Twinkle in the Message from TTS track is soooooooooooooooo cuuuuute /dies

lunlunqq

EDIT: Gah! How Taeyeon pronouces Twinkle in the Message from TTS track is soooooooooooooooo cuuuuute /dies

Talking about that Message from TTS track, Tiffany said "now the cat is out of the box..." I thought people say "the cat is out of the bag." It's just me or her English is getting worse?

Sounds pretty easy, except the whole thing is really vague (Do you get a physical booklet? How many are they giving out? How do you take a picture of a digital album?): http://soshified.com/2012/04/girls-generation-tts-releases-twinkle-mini-album

Edit: Okay, I think the prize is not actually a booklet but something more substantial. Still don't know what it is.

I'm just gonna take a pic of my Itunes in album cover mode with the cd selected

Edit: Ok, this is alot harder than initially planned. I really don't know how I'm gonna do it and make it look legit now lol

nWv8rl.jpg

Bwahaha, Jessica is the boss!

Ashhong

Talking about that Message from TTS track, Tiffany said "now the cat is out of the box..." I thought people say "the cat is out of the bag." It's just me or her English is getting worse?

Usually bag, but box works too. I'm sure SM scripted the entire thing though and she just went along. There's plenty of bad engrish in their songs that I'm sure she's aware of but has no power to change

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
If they want to advance into different markets, especially an english one, fany and sica should be given all the power in the world to help them get down them engrish parts.

Alta1r

Loll. Someone mentioned the IGN thing in the IRC channel. I didn't think it was AKP worthy. I underestimated you, AKP...

Schrodinger box. Nobody knew if that cat was going to be actually good or dead as their fairy promotion pics. Fany's smarter than she looks, ;).

DXPett1

So in JYPs new track, who says "JYP" in the beginning of the track. Surely not JYP himself, otherwise that would be some sort of JYPception

I'm just gonna take a pic of my Itunes in album cover mode with the cd selected

Edit: Ok, this is alot harder than initially planned. I really don't know how I'm gonna do it and make it look legit now lol

I think I'll take a picture of the iTunes receipt along with a piece of paper with my email address on it (and phone number for Taeyeon -_^)

Edgeward

Everyone in BEG is so pretty!! They were on top of their game today. Gain and Narsha!! Im so happy right now.

Now to prepare for the fangirls and mblaq

Edgeward

Aw shit soooooooooo jelly. What did they perform?

Sixth Sense , abracadbra and 2 others I forget right now. I would've liked more than 4 songs but what I got was hella good. Mblaq is almost up and all the girls around me are so restless. lol

Shoutouts to gaf for suggesting to bring earplugs. They are such a lifesaver right now. And at least i can still hear the music too.

Biscuits

Sixth Sense , abracadbra and 2 others I forget right now. I would've liked more than 4 songs but what I got was hella good. Mblaq is almost up and all the girls around me are so restless. lol

Shoutouts to gaf for suggesting to bring earplugs. They are such a lifesaver right now. And at least i can still hear the music too.
Nice, this is in LA right?

Yeah, earplugs are pretty much a must.

Salazar

nope , but just dont want to anger the masses. it is not terrible either by any means , just meh for me

Nothing can be said that would be more offensive than what has been posted in the past about Eunjung having a weird mouth, about Hyosung's gums being unattractive, about Hyori getting old and fat.

Yo, (._.), don't do a Sealda, post an ass gif and then bail. You got to edit. Straight up big ass shaking gifs don't fly.

nope , but just dont want to anger the masses. it is not terrible either by any means , just meh for me

Altair spends half the day insulting Sunny and Hyoyeon bro. Spout your opinion for all the read!

And meh is right. A few solid tracks (Library, Baby Steps, and Love Sick). Otherwise, just average stuff

Oreoleo

Sixth Sense , abracadbra and 2 others I forget right now. I would've liked more than 4 songs but what I got was hella good.

Yeah, that is too bad. I would have loved to have gone but I had a feeling they would have a short set (4 songs is even shorter than I was anticipating. expected 6 or 7), and there's no way I can justify going across country for that.

Hopefully in the relative near future the kpop industry will open up to more touring in the US for single acts. SM Town and the festival type shows where each act only perform for 20-30 min are kind of lame (And expensive!!) for someone who isn't into every single Korean musician.

Also not feeling Twinkle very much after a first listen. No immediate standouts.

Nothing can be said that would be more offensive than what has been posted in the past about Eunjung having a weird mouth, about Hyosung's gums being unattractive, about Hyori getting old and fat.

I stand by it! Henceforth she will be known as Eughjung.

And in my mind I've always called Hyosung "Gummy" because I didn't know her name until right now and it was easier that way.

Biscuits

Hmm, I like Twinkle. Maybe the (MIA) music video will turn some of you around.

Translation to the talk:
[English intro by Tiffany, main part in Korean with TTS]

Hi World, Tiffany from Girls’ Generation here and if you’re listening to this, that means Girls’ Generation’s first ever sub-unit mini-album “Twinkle” has finally been released!

Yay!
[[MORE]]

We’ve all been really, extremely excited and anticipating for fans to be able to hear the new side and style of music we have secretly been preparing for you. But now that… the cat is out of the box, we’d like to recommend you some of our favourite songs to you.

So, Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, Tiffany, Seohyun’s top three favourites are…
Taeyeon’s favourite: Twinkle.
Tiffany’s favourite: OMG.
Seohyun’s favourite: Baby Steps.

I’d personally like to say that despite the songs that we’ve chosen as our top three, all seven of the tracks are amazing as well… and it was such a joy to be able to put such great songs together for our fans. And I hope that you’ll enjoy it as much as we did putting it together.

So enjoy, and thank you for your love and support.
And… uh… we’ll see you soon!
Jigeumeun So Nyuh Shi Dae!
——

TTS: Hello!
TF: We are Girls’ Generation’s
TY: Taeyeon
TF: Tiffany
SH: and Seohyun!

TY: It’s so good to meet everyone. Are you enjoying listening to us?
If you are all listening to this, then it means that the digital version of mini-album ‘Twinkle’ has already been released, right?

SH: Yes, that’s correct! We’re all looking forward to seeing all of your responses and today, we wanted to give you a special gift from us.
It is~ an introduction to Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun’s recommended favourite tracks!

TF: Yes, each member could choose only one song. I think that if you listen to the songs again after listening to this recording, you might hear it differently and feel different emotions about them. Isn’t that right?

SH: Yes.
TY: Yes.

TF: The first-
TY: Yes?
TF: -recommended song!

TY: I, Taeyeon am recommending first… uh… the title track!
TF: Wooow!
TTS: Twinkle~ Twinkle~!

TY: The track ‘Twinkle’ has a retro-vibe. It’s at a medium-tempo… a funky soul dance music. It’s a style that Girls’ Generation has never done before.
TF: That’s right.

TY: So this is the first attempt at this genre by the three of us… and if you listen it’s like… a 70s/80s Stevie Wonder-style…
TF: The groove is so… yeah~
TTS: Yeah~ Yeah~
TF: Amazing ad-libs!

TY: And the arrangement is a modern style of arrangement… and all of that combined together… we worked hard to bring all of that together to create this track.
So when we were preparing the song and rehearsing the choreography, I can remember having a lot of fun.
TF: That’s right…

TY: Even when we were filming the MV, we listened to it all day but never got sick of it!
SH: We liked it more with every listen!
TF: That’s right, weirdly, we did! I didn’t think we would!
SH: We thought we’d be sick of it…
TF: But the more I listened to it, it felt like becoming addicted… and not to mention the sound of the live band…
TY: Right, right, the sound of the guitar and…
TF: We’ve never had the sound of a live band so strong before and…
SH: We always wanted to have that so I’m so happy that we finally did this time.
TY: That’s right…

TF: And above all, the weather is starting to warm up now…
SH: It’s already becoming hot!
TY: Isn’t it?
TF: I think the song goes well with the weather for this summer. It’s a cool… refreshing kind of sound… so we feel good about it already.

TY: And the lyrics…
TF: Yes?
TY: And the lyrics… if you listen to a Girls’ Generation album, you always remember the lyrics, right?
TF: mhmm
TY: It’s rather different.
TF: It’s very different!
SH: Twinkle! Twinkle!

TY: This time, the lyrics go: “I really shine” and “I am so adorable that I twinkle!”
TY: It’s expressing a want to win over somebody… it’s a bit direct, sassy, confident lyrics.
TF: Yes.
SH: Wow.
TY: The lyrics are full of self-confidence, aren’t they?
TF: Yes and I’m recommending this approach for all women!
TY: And so… please show the song lots of love!

TF: Tiffany’s chosen recommended track is~ Oh! Em! (??: My!)
TF: Gee!
TY: Wow~!
TF: Now, what does OMG mean?
SH: Oh, my, go~d!
TF: Yes, that’s correct. We shortened “oh my god” to make a song called ‘OMG’
‘OMG’ is a collaboration of vintage and popular modern sounds to create a stand-out electronic retro pop track.
Actually, I think instead of this long explanation, it’s easier to just listen to the song.. and you will immediately imagine a scene from a musical. I think this song has a very strong character… is that how you express it? “It has a very strong character”?

SH: The sound is very rich.
TF: Yes.
SH: You can feel like there’s some kind of stage makeup involved.
TY: It reminds of you a scene from a musical.
TF: And the song’s range goes back and forth! Back and forth!
TTS: From very low notes… to the high notes!
TF: I think the audiences will be very excited listening to it.
And the lyrics are fun too because they seem to talk about a celebrity lifestyle but also, at the same time, has the appeal of giving self-confidence to the listener. I think no matter who listens to it, they will fall for its charms.
TY: Yes…

SH: Yes… and lastly it’s the song chosen by me, Seohyun. It’s~ a song called ‘Baby Steps’!
TY: Baby Steps!
TY: It’s good!
SH: It is. Firstly this track has a medium tempo, and has a very mature, deep groove sound, and one that we have never attempted before, the R&B-style.
TF: Yeah~
SH: It’s a very charismatic song.
TF: It’s
TY: Hahaha
TF: Isn’t it?
SH: Yes!

SH: Of course, there are many styles that Girls’ Generation have never attempted before but…
TY: Yes
SH: It was my first attempt at R&B so I did find it very unfamiliar… but step by step… I worked hard to take ‘Baby Steps’ forward in recording!
TTS: trololololol icwudt
SH: The lyrics are about a young girl who seem to lack confidence and is very timid. Her heart is bittersweet as she builds up the courage to take step by step, little by little, take ‘Baby Steps’ towards the person that she likes and yearns.

TY: I personally think this song will be so good to listen to on a rainy day.
SH: It would…!
TF: Or like when going out on a drive in the evening…
TY: Kya~~~ you know, I already-
SH: went on a drive…?
TY: - already tried it!
SH: Oh really!
TY: Yes, it’s so good to listen to in the evening…

TY: ‘Baby Steps’
TTS: ‘Baby Steps’
TY: [literal Korean translation] Baby walk!
SH: Agajang! [Korean for babies’ first steps]
It’s a baby!

TF: So everyone! Did you enjoy listening to our members’ recommended tracks~?
SH: And all of the tracks included in this album are fun and all took a lot of effort, and don’t forget that we, the members a,re very attached to them!
TY: Please show a lot of love for ‘Twinkle’, the mini-album by Girls’ Generation’s Taeyeon, Tiffany and Seohyun. And also for the remaining Girls’ Generation members, all of us! I hope you will continue to love and support until the end!
So, shall we say goodbye?

TY: Right now, it’s…
TTS: SNSD!
BYE~!

Ashhong

oreilo: What is your issue with Eunjung's mouth? I said that before during her Dream High days and nobody understood.

Sal I don't think the gif is that bad. We've had worse recently lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom