• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
2NE1 Minzy's latest haul:

Kl0Bv.jpg

I'm kinda depressed at the cancellation of the T-ara concert this Friday. I was really looking forward to it. Now my date with Boram will have to be put on hold :'(

Can someone please post a pic of her to make me feel better?

@Edge and Yamato.....I know that feel.

Peru

Most underwhelming (ok, silly) choreography I've seen. So many amazingly ridiculous moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh7htD_9t9w

Outfits are daft, too. But <3<3<3

This is the best choreography in k-pop history imo.

Primary fans of guy groups: 12-18 year old girls
Primary fans of girl groups: 16-30 year old guys

Thus, guy groups don't need good music. That is why they will always be inferior.

Primary fans of both male and female pop groups are girls, but your conclusion is correct.

Ranvier

This is the best choreography in k-pop history imo.

Better then This ????

That was pretty good though.

These shows really need to compromise. Either they do an awesome dance and lip sing; or they stand still and sing very well. The hectic choreography ruined the song. All you hear is breathing (
get the pun...GET IT?????
).

tumblr_lxes9jLDQJ1qkolxgo1_250.gif
tumblr_lxes9jLDQJ1qkolxgo2_250.gif

tumblr_lxes9jLDQJ1qkolxgo3_250.gif
tumblr_lxes9jLDQJ1qkolxgo4_250.gif

tumblr_lxel4mHCjC1qkolxgo1_250.gif

kbs18.gif

tumblr_lxel4mHCjC1qkolxgo2_250.gif

Cleanest one I could find. There were worse one's but I depend on this thread too much to get it locked.

Salazar

Watching Kookie's "family joining" appearance on Family Outing. Such a boss.

Probably touch and go, Ranvier.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/dal-shabets-homepage-gets-hacked

Dal Shabet&#8216;s homepage has been reportedly hacked by fans of B1A4.

On January 10th, fans who visited Dal Shabet&#8217;s homepage met with several pop-ups that prevented them from entering the site. The pop-ups had a picture of B1A4 with the message, &#8220;Why are you messing with us Banas?&#8221; (Bana is the name of B1A4&#8242;s fanclub).

B1A4 fans have also put up several notices and posts about B1A4 in other sections of Dal Shabet&#8217;s homepage, such as their schedule.

This has only added fuel to the bitter dispute between Dal Shabet and B1A4 fans, a dispute that eventually led to police officials stepping in for allegations of rape and kidnapping.

Anybody who hacks Soshified is in trouble.

Rewatching the MBC Soshi Christmas and Sunny kills it when she is on camera. My eyes tend to gravitate to Taengoo but whenever Sunny was on she was having eye sex with the camera.

pCsZU.gif

Right click and save the fuck out of that picture. I'm not even a very big fan of Sunny, particularly not with that hair, but damn. Maybe I should reevaluate some of my priorities in life.

Best Soshi audience is army audience. The army part is such a feel good clip, makes me feel good watching it every time.
gEgiE.gif
Z7Lmb.gif
8nJTO.gif
Lol, yeah the army audience is great. And probably something you couldn't pay soldiers out here to do for a female group.

Korean pop stars and soldiers is a pretty awesome mix. I can't remember if it was at my base or at a base my friend was at, but a Norwegian pop star had a concert for the soldiers, and I heard it was awkward as hell. Definitely oceans apart as far as culture goes, oh and actual distance too.

Lol, how did this one sneak past SM?

Soshi - If You Seek Amy cover

tumblr_lca5fkYHmw1qd4n8jo1_400.gif

Oh wow, I never realised the lyrics said F U C K ME before. I guess that goes for SM too.

My mate just got this for his new house.

yC87P.jpg

Can't contain jealousy...

Who would want a constant reminder of what Yuri looked like for a while? Also, Bangs Jessica. Do. Not. Want.

Alta1r

...a dispute that eventually led to police officials stepping in for allegations of rape and kidnapping.

What the fuck??

Oh wow, I never realised the lyrics said F U C K ME before. I guess that goes for SM too.

Lol. Yeah. Or they're cool with English songs with racy lyrics, as long as the Korean stays clean.

tumblr_lxi73wY6Tx1r1l73do1_500.gif

Also, Trouble Maker finally out in US digital music stores (iTunes, Android Market, Amazon). Woot!

ryan-ts

From Wiki
Nine Muses (&#45208;&#51064;&#48036;&#51648;&#49828;) is currently an eight-member South Korean girl group under Korean music label Star Empire Entertainment.

Can't even get that right.

edit: Song is good though.

ryan-ts

They were 9 and then 2 left and they just announced a few weeks ago that they added a new member. So yeah, 8.

Ha, I guess I phrased that poorly. As an obvious attempt to mimic/build upon SNSD, I meant they couldn't even get the 9 member thing right despite their name. Basically, I made a terrible joke.

Fafnir

Oh snap, Golden Disk awards in 18 hours. Let's go Soshi for repeat golden daesang! I need salty ELF tears to rejuvenate my soul.

ij1F7.jpg

Dangerous Boys episode 4.

What's up with the cheesey music showing their training progress, I almost shed a tear if I gave a damn about these lucky bastards. They might actually be decent in a few more episodes. It must be hard trying to perform with Soshi cracking up in front of them and calling them cute.

I was waiting for SooFany's boy to start swinging on the hypno-therapist. I like how YulSica's TOP boy was unable to be put under, Jedi mind tricks not working on a Sith.

Sooyoung, Sunny, Tiffany, Jessica and Yuri were hypnotized on a show back during their rookie days:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ifYyfWE6ec

Sorry Maknae you are just not at Taengoo level yet.
qEvth.gif

cNpHV.gif
dpmjj.gif

jAJrp.gif

4Kpt0.gif
nD2kU.gif

1PRTj.gif
HAzmd.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So what other songs has Sweetune produced?

All I know of is...

Kara- Step, Jumping, Lupin, Mister, Honey
9muses - Figaro, News
Infinite - Be Mine
Rainbow - A, Mach
f(x) - Love? I forgot what it's called
That one dude from SS501 with hyuna - Let It Go
That new Boyfriend song

I know I'm forgetting some..

(._.)

Banned
I like Figaro much more than this new song. have to see if the new one catches on though seeing as I have only listened to it once.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh snap, Golden Disk awards in 18 hours. Let's go Soshi for repeat golden daesang! I need salty ELF tears to rejuvenate my soul.
Dang, this year went by quick. That said, it'd be crazy if they win again but I don't know who else would. Leessang?

I know I'm forgetting some..
They do most of the songs on Kara's albums, not just title tracks.

Fafnir

Dang, this year went by quick. That said, it'd be crazy if they win again but I don't know who else would. Leessang?

I'd say SuJu or Kara, I kind of remember Kara was owning SuJu when they were promoting at the same time. SuJu has alot of album sales outside of Korea, but I'm not sure if the Golden Disks count those sales. Kind of surprised that 2NE1 and IU are not nominated for the Album awards, IU will probably win the popularity award.

Nominees for Album award:

2PM, “Hands Up”
4Minute, “4MINUTES LEFT”
Lee SSang, “Asura Balbalta”
Jay Park, “Take a Deeper Look”
Brown Eyed Girls, “Sixth Sense”
Sung Si Kyung, “The First”
Super Junior, “Mr. Simple”
SNSD, “The Boys”
Wonder Girls, “Wonder World”
After School, “Virgin”
Lee Seung Ki, “Tonight”
Jang Ki Ha and the Faces, “Jang Ki Ha and the Faces”
BEAST, “Fiction and Fact”
CN Blue, “First Step”
FT Island, “Return”
f(x), “Pinocchio”
INFINITE, “Over the Top”
Kara, “Step”
MBLAQ, “BLAQ Style”
miss A, “A Class”

Ashhong

My mate just got this for his new house.

yC87P.jpg

Can't contain jealousy...

Love this picture...girls in button ups with seemingly no pants is one of my favorite looks...i would rock this poster in my house.

^ How are the golden disk awards done again? I dont see Kara winning it though. Sure it was kind of popular right when it came out, but they kind of fell off the radar a couple of weeks after Step. Seemed like they left the scene pretty quickly.

Dice

I'd say SuJu or Kara, I kind of remember Kara was owning SuJu when they were promoting at the same time.
Japanese fans imported it. It climbed the Oricon charts without even being promoted there, lol. I don't think they have a chance at winning, though.

Not a terribly flattering photo, but...

F78lG.jpg

...it shows Bomi is a "black pearl" like Yuri? It's not the exposure level of the photo, as the other girls look lighter in these sets. She must go through a lot of trouble in makeup before their performances. I'm cool with darker skin.

Naeun is great but someone pointed this out to me and I see it all the time now:

Tm3GP.jpg

She gets the crazy eyes, like she gon' kill somebody. Haha.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

They do most of the songs on Kara's albums, not just title tracks.

Ah, yeah.. guess you're right.

Damn tho, this new nine muses song is great.

Fafnir

^ How are the golden disk awards done again? I dont see Kara winning it though. Sure it was kind of popular right when it came out, but they kind of fell off the radar a couple of weeks after Step. Seemed like they left the scene pretty quickly.

Golden Disk is 60% sales, 20% vote, 20% committee vote.

Came across this ELF plot while searching for info. Golden Disk is some serious business for them. Makes me want Soshi to win even more after seeing this because the ELF tears will be glorious!

A researcher recently went on Gaon Chart and Hanteo to calculate Super Junior’s chances of winning the Golden Disk. While the standards are high, we’ve been recently informed of Girls’ Generation’s comeback in September.

Knowing how SM Entertainment likes to play favorites, Super Junior’s promotions may be cut shorter than expected (including the fact that they will be holding Super Show 4 globally). Although this is not officially confirmed, Girls’ Generation is the group’s biggest rival and extremely popular with an amazing success rate after their first Japanese album. It is unknown whether or not the girls will again win the Golden Disk, leaving Super Junior in the dust. We want to do whatever we can to prevent this as it will be the group’s last full performance in a long while.

Considering the incident last year, many ELFs were shocked with the results and many tears were shed. The Super Junior Comeback Team wants to secure a sure win for the Golden Disk before December comes around. This means thatall of ELF must watch other groups carefully. They also have to be extra careful with which shops to buy from, and which versions to prioritize. So here’s the break down:

Mr. Simple

Week 1(08/03 —— 08/07 )&#65306;59,733

Week 2&#65288;08.08 —— 08.14)&#65306;40,237

Week 3&#65288;08.15 —— 08.19)&#65306;46,547+

Total album sales till August 20th, 2011: 146,517 copies

Yes, Super Junior outdid themselves with the Mr. Simple Version A sales compared to last year (but only according to Hanteo. In reality Bonamana A sold over 200,000 copies). If we keep this up, we should be able to beat the 400,000 mark. The problem is though: Which versions will count? Will Version B count this year? Let us provide you a shocking piece of information regarding this issue, taken place last year with the Bonamana sales.

Gaon

#1 BONAMANA Ver.A- 200,193

#9 BONAMANA Ver.C- 99,355

Hanteo

#1 BONAMANA Ver.A

#10 BONAMANA Ver.B

#11 BONAMANA Ver.C- 99,355

Do you see something fishy here? Something out of place? We did too when we first saw the analysis of what happened last year. Try comparing the two.

Gaon: #1 BONAMANA Ver.A- 200,193

Hanteo: #1 BONAMANA Ver.A- 132,152

That’s a difference of 68,041 albums.

Gaon : #9 BONAMANA Ver.C-

Hanteo : #11 BONAMANA Ver.C- 45,770

And that’s a difference of 53,585 albums.

From here, we can see that Gaon probably calculated the total volume sales from all the Korean sales channels, which Hanteo did not do. Hanteo only counts from stores under their label and anything outside are never considered. So our total album sales were not justified.

Now let’s look at the December 31st 2010 Hanteo records:

Ver A – 132,152

Ver B – 48,446

Ver C – 45,770

Total: 226, 368

Based on Hanteo Chart’s official records, we can see that Version B’s sales were higher than Version C’s, selling a total of 48,446 copies.

If we calculate the volume differences between the Gaon and Hanteo charts: Version B should have had at least&#12304;48,446+53,585&#12305;102,131 copies sold.

And all versions should have had at least&#12304;200,193+99,355+102,131&#12305;401,679 copies sold.

This is an assertive way to calculate the data above, but one thing that we can definitely be sure of is that the overall sales of Bonamana stands close to 400,000 copies… Hanteo’s album sales not “flawed” (because they only count albums sold under their label) but more “empty”. It is unfortunate, however, that the Golden Disk completely relies on Hanteo’s data and not Gaon. The data above does not span the entire truth, but it serves as a conclusion and a reasonable closure.

So now that you clearly understand the issue with Bonamana’s sales, the question of whether Mr. Simple’s Version B will count on the charts this year around now arises. Chances are that it will not. Before anyone goes pre-ordering, we advise you to first confirm that Version B will at all be counted to the charts. K and C-ELFs are currently on standby finding whether or not Version B should be bought. Besides, Version C will end up being the better deal… A DVD comes with it and Superman will be within the track list. Wouldn’t you rather an album that counts in the charts and an album with everything you could possibly ask for? (But even then, Version C might vanish from the charts as well. You never know what might happen after last year’s course of events.)

Since Bonamana Version B miraculously disappeared from the Hanteo chart and caused Super Junior to lose the Golden Disk, we strongly advise everyone to hold onto their orders before doing something they will regret. It is usually a scheme to rake in more money from fans. They don’t actually count in the charts, and are made physically to look ‘better’ then the first album so that many would be tempted to buy it. We hope no one will fall for this greedy scheme.

VERSION A should ALWAYS be the priority. Always. It is the key to winning the Golden Disk. If you’re an ELF and have the oppurtunity to buy any copy at all, it has got to be Version A. If you haven’t bought an album and want one, buy Mr. Simple Version A. After what happend last year, you never know what Hanteo might cut clean this time. Perhaps they’ll take away Version C, or maybe Version B. It is unknown to the public what goes behind-the-scenes, but being a Korean myself, our society is extremely shady. That is why Version A’s sales is so crucial. If the last two versions do end up mysteriously disappearing, then Super Junior would still have a solid backing of Version A albums to keep their rankings high.

Now none of this will work if an ELF kicks back and leaves the work to everyone else. Every ELF counts. If even one of you decide to just watch how things play out, don’t expect anything. The Golden Disk is only won through hard work and dedication. If you don’t have what it takes then why be an ELF at all? Our words are harsh, but very much true.

If 500,000 people buy Mr. Simple twice, then we get 1,000,000 copies sold. Of course I know money is an issue for some ELFs, but for those who do have the moolah—Would it hurt to get two of your favorite Super Junior members’ albums? I already have three, and it took much of my allowance. But in the end, I know the money is going to good people who will spend it well.

Super Junior’s on top with the album sales, and there’s a high chance they’ll break their own record. As stated before, Girls’ Generation will be making their comeback in September, and in order to secure a win for the GDA… ELF will have to be extremely clever. I think we should watch carefully over the girl group and try to outdo their album sales. This is for Super Junior!

Please spread and reblog this post. It is very important for every ELF to keep an eye on what we can and keep Super Junior on top. We encourage you to buy Mr. Simple Version A. It’s like a vinyl, unique and colorful. Make sure your vendor gives you a receipt and that the store branches out of Hanteo. If you want the Superman track, you can download it from one of the Korean sites and contribute to digital sales. Please do whatever you can, ELF. This is our last chance to prove the power of a Worldwide fandom. Throughout this road we have matured and went through the most heartbreaking experiences together… There’s still a whole lot of ground to cover. But united with Super Junior and with everything we have, the outcome will be absolutely worth it. This is Super Junior’s year. No, this is our year.

So who’s going to take home the 26th Golden Disk of 2011?

It’s what you make of it ELF.

Cr; Sj-project.tumblr.com

Deadly

What the fuck did I just read... I enjoy the occasional rivalry like say Altair vs Ranvier but shit like that is just batshit insane.

Dice

The only name I know in Nine Muses is Sera, and she's got fire in her eyes in the video.
That's the only one you need to know. I feel bad for her being stuck as leader of that group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom