• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT2| Taking Off the Training Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

SNSD won the Daesang for digital album, but surely IU sold the most digitally?

IU was nominated for Real+ not Last Fantasy. Even if it was Last Fantasy she wouldn't have won because she would have only had one month of digital sales while Soshi had 2-3 months on the charts.

IY1VA.jpg

45tw1.jpg

Peru

2011 albums... boyband hell.

1. Girls' Generation 'The Boys' - 385,348
2. Super Junior 'Mr.Simple' - 343,348
3. TVXQ '왜(Keep Your Head Down)' - 266,727
4. JYJ 'In Heaven' - 220,142
5. BEAST 'Fiction And Fact' - 142,644
6. BIGBANG 'Mini Album Vol.4 Tonight' - 134,835
7. Super Junior 'Mr.Simple Repackage' - 129,894
8. CNBlue 'First Step' - 116,028
9. Kim Hyun Joong 'Break Down EP' - 114,586
10. Kim Hyun Joong 'Lucky 2nd Mini Album' - 106,148
11. KARA '3rd Album STEP' 100,880
12. 2PM 'Hands Up' - 100,428
13. BIGBANG 'Special Edition' - 87,894
14. 2NE1 '2nd Mini Album' - 86,259
15. IU 'Last Fantasy' - 71,589
--------------------------------------------------

Sunny Hill - The Grasshopper Song (MV) http://youtu.be/4h1SixKJSKs

Ashhong

My god those headphones look terrible. Just terrible.

You know an accessory is bad when you can't take your eyes off of it and appreciate the cleavage only inches below.

Ashhong

Well now I hope you never forget them and their god awful design. If JYP designed those, I am no longer his fan and will see all of his artists in a new light.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Reposting some of my fav Jisook moments because I fell in love again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1PPxGBwvxE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gep7MWW2Wxc

dat singing hhhhhhhnnnngggggggggg♡♡♡♡

I don't even know where to rank her among idol singers. Maybe #4 on a technical scale but she nails the emotion like probably only Yenny has managed, but Yenny is fairly stylistically limited. Jisook's flaws are a matter of weaknesses, not mistakes, so her strengths easily make up for them. Is Jisook #1? I feel like maybe she shouldn't be but I'm drawing a blank here. Hyorin is too showy and IU rarely gives herself over to the feeling like Jisook. Jieun has a similar emotion but I don't really prefer her voice and she makes some little mistakes decently often. Man, Jisook just resonates with me.

So question for you guys and I would appreciate help. I really haven't paid too much attention to KPop at the end of 2011 right before T-ara released 'Cry Cry'. Basically from that point to now. Songs, suggestions, everything. Just trying to catch up. Should I just youtube Music Bank/Core/M! Countdown eps? If someone can give me the highlights or their personal favs, I be all down for that as well.

Thanks!

Peru

So question for you guys and I would appreciate help. I really haven't paid too much attention to KPop at the end of 2011 right before T-ara released 'Cry Cry'. Basically from that point to now. Songs, suggestions, everything. Just trying to catch up. Should I just youtube Music Bank/Core eps? If someone can give me the highlights or their personal favs, I be all down for that as well.

Thanks!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34135677&postcount=3536

Alta1r

I didn't even notice the headphones LOL

Lol. Yeah, same. Is it just me or does Yubin look wide in that picture? Like not fat in any sense, but just wide. Like her face/head stretch a couple inches horizontally more than you would expect/they should. lol, I don't know.

Ranvier

Lol. Yeah, same. Is it just me or does Yubin look wide in that picture? Like not fat in any sense, but just wide. Like her face/head stretch a couple inches horizontally more than you would expect/they should. lol, I don't know.

The Photo could have been resized, I had no idea Yubin was that well endowed. I think she is just thick like sunny or gyuri.

Alta1r

The Photo could have been resized, I had no idea Yubin was that well endowed. I think she is just thick like sunny or gyuri.

Hmm...true. But I don't even think she is thick. I think her body is generally just wider if you look at her straight on than the average person her height. Not in a bad way, cause she's still hot as hell, but in a noticeable way. Haha, and as I wrote that Nu Shoes started playing on random on my iPod. I think it's a sign that I'm right.

lol, wth...
tumblr_lxpek0B5Ck1qcwii5o1_500.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Justin Bieber shuffling is him downgrading from the moves Usher gave him.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
For anyone in the LA area

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/01/red-...e-wonder-girls-on-january-20th-in-los-angeles

Wonder if they'll perform something? If I knew they would, I might go but ehhhhh.. >_<

Korean Pop sensations, the Wonder Girls will premiere their self-titled movie, &#8220;THE WONDER GIRLS&#8221; on January 20th in advance of the film&#8217;s televised airing on TeenNick!

The red carpet premiere event will be held at CGV Cinemas on January 20th in Los Angeles, California. In attendance will be the Wonder Girls, School Gyrls, executive producer J.Y. Park and more.

Teen Nick is Nickelodeon&#8217;s 24-hour TV network exclusively for and about teens and tweens. &#8220;THE WONDER GIRLS&#8221; chronicles the adventures of the girls as they prepare for their U.S. debut. They stumble upon a talent competition at the legendary Apollo Theatre where they meet their new rivals the School Gyrls. As the plot unfolds fans will see exciting performances from both acts, girl group drama and even a little romance! Along with the Wonder Girls and School Gyrls, this highly-anticipated special will feature cameos by the Executive Producers of the special; TeenNick Chairman Nick Cannon and J.Y. Park!

Check back to allkpop for further updates and detailed information on obtaining tickets to the event.

WHEN: January 20, 2012

WHERE: CGV Cinemas
621 South Western Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90005

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Watched Nine Muses mnet performance just now and... Sera from Nine Muses has red hair, omgggggggg

Ashhong

Watched Nine Muses mnet performance just now and... Sera from Nine Muses has red hair, omgggggggg

Why are you not responding to my IM! jerk

This might explain why Monster is willing to go through with releasing JYP's awful headphones:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/1/12/2703437/monster-will-no-longer-make-beats-headphones

That is interesting. I always thought that Beats was a part of Monster. So then, does the Beats signature sound come from the "Beats" company or from Monster?

Ashhong

hmmm.. *checks google maps*

Hxxyz.jpg

lol totally baller red carpet event

Cant even tell with that pic. IIRC, the theater isnt even on the bottom floor. You walk into this outdoor plaza looking thing thats surrounded by the parking structure and another building, then half to walk upstairs to get to the theater. But its a Korean theater so that explains that...
lol.gif

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I don't completely hate "The DJ is Mine" song.. from Yubin's lines and on.. it's pretty good. Everything goes well together. Yes, even the dubstep. Come at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom