• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The t-ara situation would have been non existent if they issued a public apology straight away. KKS is the one who keeps making this worse for all the members. I wonder if the rest of CCM will have the guts to kick him out?

This is the core problem right here. Instead of addressing the issue they just ignored it and brushed it to the side while firing the alleged victim and then making it look like she was the bad guy.

This entire situation has been handled poorly from the begging.

Chuckie

Tence, you know T-ara don't live together while the groups with seemingly great relationships among members do live together? Seems you have things mixed up or something.

I read somewhere T-ara had a dorm, so I assumed they stayed together. Guess that's not the case then.

Salazar

Empathetic T-awa gifs. Fair and motherfuckin balanced.

G99Vn.gif
EphaG.gif

I wasn't worried that they were dead or anything, at least not yet. Just feel it's time for a comeback. In case anyone missed it, One More Day is one of the best songs so far this year.

The t-ara situation would have been non existent if they issued a public apology straight away. KKS is the one who keeps making this worse for all the members. I wonder if the rest of CCM will have the guts to kick him out?

This is so fucking true. I would have been okay with it if they just decided to release her from T-ara and CCM, and with an apology or something. But to pull the rug from under everyone's feet, and putting the blame on her? Fuck that.

did they ever mention (besides poor health) why she left?

Not according to wikipedia.

She is currently on hiatus due to a health problem, and has been since December, 2011.[10] No more has been revealed by Paramount Music Entertainment since.

Cuddler

Apparently, no real new Show Champion today. A mid-season/year special with behind the scenes. Good for Shindong, I hope he can rest at least a little after the MV filming and the resulting 3/4 days without sleeping...

Deadly

At this point the righteous netizen anger should be focused on KKS/CCM rather than the T-ara members.
Group is an easier target unfortunately. That Hyomin shit sound badass though DAMN. Sure sounds like she knows how to party.

I think Dice wrote the longest post I've read on gaf ever. Holy shit.

I decide to go to bed early and I miss on tags? noooo. thread dead?

2San

I think there's a fairly huge drop-off from Soshi grade earnings. The number of idols making set-for-life money would be kind of small.
Yeah, I think next the creme of the crop, these people aren't really making that much. Entertainment companies taking a huge cut. Seeing that the idol market is pretty much over saturated, I imagine these guys not making much on appearance fees on variety shows either(idols go on them for nothing more than exposure). Also these groups are huge so money gets split a lot of ways.
At this point the righteous netizen anger should be focused on KKS/CCM rather than the T-ara members.
While I do think KKS has the bigger blame. If the bullying allegations are true(which seems very likely), T-ara themselves does hold part of the blame. Do they deserve this shit storm? I think no one deserves the wrath of Korean netizens. They are pretty crazy.

Now that I'm actually experiencing a shit storm live. It makes the rumors(without evidence) release by the saesang fans on 2pm seem like bullshit. Since if there is actual dirt with evidence like T-ara's case, it would be provided.

Salazar

GVRaw.gif

The hopeless lack of social media discretion is kind of unsurprising, really. I remember reading about MC Mong going on a messageboard and asking about getting his teeth fucked with to avoid military service. So naive brah.

And yeah, nobody deserves Korean netizen fury. There's no controlling that shit. Even KKS just needs to get the fuck out of showbusiness.

2San

The hopeless lack of social media discretion is kind of unsurprising, really. I remember reading about MC Mong going on a messageboard and asking about getting his teeth fucked with to avoid military service. So naive brah.
To be fair, in T-ara's case they where pretty much young teens. They aren't really known for their great foresight and probably the most prone group to do stupid shit. Doesn't excuse taking the shit to twitter though.

T.O.P

Banned
tumblr_m80s22uGXQ1qgvvmo.jpg

Eunjung was asked the question “Where do you see T-ara in 10 years,” to which she answered, “I think we will still remain the best of friends, even if we aren’t T-ara anymore.” Eunjung then started to tear up.We’re more like family now, we’re sisters. If a member were to come up to me and say ‘Someone said something bad about me’ or ‘This person hurt me,’ I wouldn’t think twice about getting up and doing something about it.” - Jul 14, 2012

awkward

Cuddler

love the cover, still have to listen to the album though, is there anything better than Sexy Free & Single in it?

For me yes, the songs are really different so it's difficult to compare but this are the ones that I like the most:

Melodic:
Daydream (reccomended)
Bittersweet
Someday

Not so melodic:
Butterfly
Gulliver
Now

but I'm not an expert, I just like what I like.

B-Dex

T-ara’s special performance at the concert has been canceled. Core Contents Media announced on July 31st at 6:25PM KST: “About 30, 40 minutes ago, due to a variety of reasons, the upcoming concert appearance has been canceled. We’ve finished [consulting] with the producers.”

Yasss cancel their appearances PDs.

I wonder how much KKS begged for them not to get kicked off.

luso

T-ara will not perform tomorrow as it was scheduled "due to a variety of reasons, the upcoming concert appearance has been canceled".

Avoiding a possible disastrous performance with an aggressive audience.
Now Hyomin under fire. I see Sunny being advised to stay away from her. The dark past will emerge for everybody now, and with it also fake events and testimonials.

KKS is managing this in a terrible way, but I can see him yelling at remaining members what they forced him to do.

Wallpaper size:

Max

I am not Max
While brushing my teeth before bed last night I burst out laughing over 'peanutbutterchocolate' got toothpaste all over the mirror what's new

Hwayoung message for fans: http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/former-t-ara-member-hwayoung-tweets-message-for-fans

“To my fans, you’ve loved me until now, and I’m sorry that I’ve only given you disappointment. Please stop now, and look forward to our more mature and improved selves in the future. I apologize for making you worry during this time. I also want to apologize to my Core Contents Media family. I’ll greet you all with a better image next time.”

Not really sure what to make of that.

Edit: Slightly differently worded translation from dkpopnews:http://www.dkpopnews.net/2012/07/hwayoung-apologized-to-fans-on-twitter.html

"Fans, thank you for showing so much love even though I have only given you disappointment. I want to stop now (or vice verseley: Please stop now). From now on I will show a much more mature and brighter self. Please look forward to it. I apologize for making you worry during this time and I want to apologize to the CCM family. I will come back a better person."

dokish

Banned
Wait wait wait...

Group is an easier target unfortunately. That Hyomin shit sound badass though DAMN. Sure sounds like she knows how to party.

I think Dice wrote the longest post I've read on gaf ever. Holy shit.

I decide to go to bed early and I miss on tags? noooo. thread dead?

Did I miss something? What's going on with Hyomin? I read every post of the last few pages and didn't see anything.

Cuddler

Mmm...another shimshimtapa twitter update with a new photo of Shindong, it seems that he's trying to say something about blue...blue shoes, blue belt, blue bag and blue hair...maybe it's because people thought that his hair were blacks but in reality they are really really dark blue.

K, i'll listen to it...still have to find a song i really like since "It's You"
I understand, I really like that song too. Another song that is not a single and I think is good is A man in love. I like the remix that they have done for the Super Show 4. And the coreography is good as well. Unfortunately there are only fancam of it and the audio is not really that good.
Fancam Macau
Fancam Paris

Interesting song, not bad.

Niks

"Fans, thank you for showing so much love even though I have only given you disappointment. I want to stop now (or vice verseley: Please stop now). From now on I will show a much more mature and brighter self. Please look forward to it. I apologize for making you worry during this time and I want to apologize to the CCM family. I will come back a better person."

Shes not rejoining is she?

2San

Shes not rejoining is she?
It seems no matter how wronged you are, you always have to apologize to your old entertainment company otherwise they'll go through great lengths to make sure you never see the spotlight again. It's also easier for future entertainment companies to pick you up. There's also the whole sister is still there problem.

Fafnir

T-ara is pretty much done for now. Netizens hated on Eunjung for doing a good job acting on Dream High, anything she shows up in now will be picked apart brutally. Same thing with Jiyeon. Acting careers finished for now. Idol groups won't publicly acknowledge them as they don't want to be caught up in the controversy, so T-ara will basically become outcasts like Hwayoung was.

The only thing the Korean public/netizens may accept is if all of T-ara banded together to give a full public apology saying that they bullied Hwayoung and temporarily "retire". Even then the netizens will continue to bully T-ara members online for the rest of their careers. They should band together and blame it on KKS, but he probably does have some legit dirt on them that would ruin them if made public.

ryan-ts

T-ara’s Eunjung leaves a short message via her official fan café

T-ara‘s Eunjung broke her silence for the first time since the Hwayoung controversy began.

On July 30th, the singer took to her fan café and wrote, “Thank you so much.. and I’m sorry.”

Her few words seem directed towards her fans, to whom she is apologetic that the controversy caused disappointment and shock, however, also grateful that a lot of them are still standing by her side.

In related news, T-ara’s agency Core Contents Media has recently terminated Hwayoung’s contract. You can follow the story here.

Source & Image: Newsen via Nate

Peru

T-ara is pretty much done for now. Netizens hated on Eunjung for doing a good job acting on Dream High, anything she shows up in now will be picked apart brutally. Same thing with Jiyeon. Acting careers finished for now. Idol groups won't publicly acknowledge them as they don't want to be caught up in the controversy, so T-ara will basically become outcasts like Hwayoung was.

The only thing the Korean public/netizens may accept is if all of T-ara banded together to give a full public apology saying that they bullied Hwayoung and temporarily "retire". Even then the netizens will continue to bully T-ara members online for the rest of their careers. They should band together and blame it on KKS, but he probably does have some legit dirt on them that would ruin them if made public.

CCM is still a powerful company.. People come back from all sorts of scandals. I think some of them would do better individually, acting, TV, whatever, though.. as the T-ara name at the moment leaves an ugly aftertaste. But if people still buy their songs they could go on.

Fafnir

CCM is still a powerful company.. People come back from all sorts of scandals. I think some of them would do better individually, acting, TV, whatever, though.. as the T-ara name at the moment leaves an ugly aftertaste. But if people still buy their songs they could go on.

Those scandals happened a couple years ago, netizen hate/memory has grown stronger so it's harder to come back. Tablo and Kang Ho Dong were innocent but went into self imposed exile to get the spotlight off them and regain public favor.

T-ara was almost #2 girl group, I don't think they will ever regain that status. I don't think Kara has fully recovered from 2011.

Shinsadong Tiger makes good songs, 4minute will get all the T-ara songs he would have sold to CCM.

PQQbm.gif
VCJLy.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So biking around today (about 20 miles since I got lost) I listened to BoA's album multiple times. It's really amazing, the way it's in older styles but fresh and advanced, like she ignored any cheap shit that every came along and developed a separate music industry on her own. I also watched her performances and they were the most professional thing I've seen all year. In bringing back this original style of hers, she makes me think maybe this is what Aaliyah would have been like if she were still around.

Now excuse me while I eat lots of protein before my legs fall off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom