• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conceptor

Oh god, your avatar.
What of it!

WLE98.gif

miss A at the opening of their new theater in China -

mX11F.jpg

and lol CCM

Core Contents Media recently announced that the alleged back-dancer testimony had been fabricated, and that they had determined this by tracking down the IP address and had submitted a request to the Police. However, the Seoul Seocho Police Department has come forth with a statement that seems to refute what CCM has previously stated.

“There is not a single report on file relating to Core Contents Media or T-ara,” said the police department. “The various reports saying that [CCM] has reported this to the cyber investigative squad is false.”

The alleged false report, according to CCM, involved a self-described former back-dancer for T-ara, who revealed that group member Jiyeon had slapped fellow member Hwayoung on one occasion.

At the time this account was posted, CCM released a statement saying “It is impossible that Jiyeon, in the middle of a public practice room, could have slapped Hwayoung. After tracking the IP address, it was revealed that it was written by a person who was not even a back-dancer.” Along with the statement, several reports mentioned that the agency revealed that a report had been filed with the cyber investigative unit from the police.

Unrelated: Fany's birthday is on the 1st :>

B-Dex

Keep digging that grave KKS!

“There is not a single report on file relating to Core Contents Media or T-ara,” said the police department. “The various reports saying that [CCM] has reported this to the cyber investigative squad is false.”

In regards to the backup dancer speaking about jiyeon slapping hwayoung being fake and they tracked her IP etc....

It blows my mind this fool is running a company. Everytime he opens his mouth it just destroys their credability more and more.

RubyFaith

What of it!

I like it. Sunny is my least favorite and I kinda don't like her because her duck face ruins photos- like photo bombing nshit, but that's all from experiencing bad Sunny fans. They gave me bad impressions and I'm trying to fix that because it's not fair to Sunny.

Damn, wtf am I saying?
I like your avatar, kthnxbai.

Tenck

To the Fanny hater, fuck you. Maybe was just for trolling but I give you middle finger. Even if Twinkle concept wasn't the best, she is still awesome. And I'm not talking only about looks.

Tomorrow is her birthday, and a Fanny bomb will be welcomed.

She's responsible for Twinkle? Okay now I don't know if I can continue to like her.

vanty

The only thing KKS has said in the past few days that isn't a lie is that Hwayoung is no longer in T-ara. Must be a world record for lying.

T.O.P

Banned
tumblr_m80f0mmhmf1ru88o9.jpg

tumblr_m80f18qsEp1ru88o9.jpg

tumblr_m80ezzYV4O1ru88o9.jpg

#thedrama

also, watched the Running Man Olympics last night, best episode in a long time...still, Eunjung might have been the most worthless guest that i've ever seen...Ji Hyo glorius as always though

tumblr_m7oqu8zUX41ryjokgo3_500.jpg
tumblr_m7oqu8zUX41ryjokgo2_500.jpg

tumblr_m7uzw2rg6J1rcoad1o1_500.jpg
tumblr_m7uzywtjJ21rcoad1o1_500.jpg

hamchan

On one hand I'm sad because I actually like T-ara songs after hearing Roly-Poly a bajillion times while watching Starcraft. On the other hand I'm really enjoying all the drama and this KKS guy is hilarious because he just won't shut up and keeps making things worse.

Peru

SPICA / Eunjung's Jiwon tweeted that 'this nation has a serious problem when it comes to celebs and gossip. this is scary'.

Also including shit like 'held a party where she almost got naked' in the rumor package about Hyomin means no sympathy from me. And so what if she did some shit in school.

T.O.P

Banned
The Tea on NONE FACTOR-Min

http://forums.allkpop.com/threads/looks-like-hyomin-is-done.19423/
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Bye gurl. You will not be missed

OMG this is awesome lol

Two more idol groups suspected of bullying

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/two-more-idol-groups-suspected-of-bullying

With Hwayoung‘s controversy with T-ara coming to public light, the K-Pop industry is now attempting to take a closer look as to where these issues could be stemming from. Unsurprisingly, Hwayoung isn’t the only one suffering, as other groups came forward with their own concerns.

Reporters were able to find that the issue of bullying already has strong roots within idol groups, especially with the growth K-Pop has been seeing lately. There’s a correlation between the level of an individual member’s star power and the level of discontentment within the group, as the bigger the difference there is in income, the more prone the group is to bullying.

A B list group anonymously named ‘A‘ has been battling bullying issues since their debut because of member ‘B‘, who is considered the face of the group due to her various activities in dramas and variety programs. Although she helped bring the group’s name to the spotlight, she eventually became the target of bullying due to the vast difference in their earnings.

A former manager of the group stated, “Idol groups are young in age so it’s easy for them to get swept up in emotions. The members know that the company favors to get at least one member to popularity in order to have the group follow, but they still bully that member once it happens. These days, companies have to rotate the group’s center member while eyeing the members.”

The trainee system also plays a part in the issue since stars are picked at a young age and put through five to six years of training at the least, before having to endure hard competition to be chosen as a final member. Naturally, new members that join in the middle get faced with criticism and hate for essentially “getting a free ride.”

Girl group ‘C’ is representative of this case, as they were recently found to have been bullying their new member.

Another manager in the industry revealed, “Whenever I saw member D of group C, she was always standing alone in the hallway outside of her waiting room at music programs. The members would be so immature in the way they treated her, such as forcing her to wear the outfit concept they hated the most or giving her the most outrageous hair concepts. In the case of bigger groups, they’ll try to use the senior card to train the new member into submission by forcing them to use separate hair salons and forcing them into smaller vans.”

The only solution at the time seems to be ample communication between both the members and the company. Pop critic Kang Tae Gyu commented, “The issue of bullying within idol groups is severe, as it’s a sensitive issue that’s difficult for the company to get themselves involved in. Managers will usually only know that it’s happening but not the inner details, and won’t try to resolve the problem since it’s not something they can make a sound judgement on.”

The critic compared the problem to homeroom teachers being oblivious to the problems of bullying within the classroom. Unlike members who are together 24 hours on top of dorming, managers are only with them for certain times of the day.

The solution he offered was that companies setup a system that gives members an opportunity to anonymously submit issues going on within the group, and to open up communication in general. “Lack of communication can ultimately lead to bigger consequences. Just the mere notion of bullying needs to be reported immediately, and members need to be assured that their privacy will be protected.”

Another solution is for companies to make training in character and ethics mandatory.

Shinhwa‘s secret to maintaining a good relationship for 14 years also lies in their communication skills. Leader Eric had stated, “While promoting, there are times when we get sensitive, which later erupts into fights. There are a lot of instances where we even physically fought each other. There were issues, but we ended it there. We all worked hard to resolve them through communication.”

SISTAR overcame similar problems, as previously revealed by Dasom, “I used to believe that I wasn’t of any help to the team and felt envious of Hyorin and Bora unni. I wanted to be acknowledged and win over the unnis too and felt upset when I couldn’t. Every time I felt that way, though, the unnis consoled me, which helped a lot in bringing up my self confidence again.”

Chuckie

Wouldn't it be a lot healthier for these girls to have more of a private life instead of staying in a dorm or shit like that. It's not healthy for a group to be together 24/7 (I think)

Salazar

Wouldn't it be a lot healthier for these girls to have more of a private life instead of staying in a dorm or shit like that. It's not healthy for a group to be together 24/7 (I think)

I think the dorms are just super-convenient. Basically, van pulls up, whole group gets in.

Also gives the company more control. I would be entirely unsurprised if idol dorms were bugged.

Alta1r

Crayon Pop already masters in the art of selca

MUoOa.jpg

They got a 5 minute spot playing at like every subway station for their Saturday Night mini. Looks like they might make it.

Sunny is my least favorite and I kinda don't like her because her duck face ruins photos-

brofistcover.jpg

What? Where? Sure you don't mean the opposite?

From KKS, i.e. all that crap about her changing her mind last minute and throwing fits and that.

Speaking of T-ara, they actually are taking down their ads. I just snapped this at a Tony Moly store:

NXHAf.jpg

That's Jiyeon in the back being covered up.

Just a friendly reminder that GLAM is the best debut of '12.

Also gives the company more control. I would be entirely unsurprised if idol dorms were bugged.

The voyeur inside of me likes the thought of that.

Speaking of T-ara, they actually are taking down their ads. I just snapped this at a Tony Moly store:

NXHAf.jpg

That's Jiyeon in the back being covered up.

lol. Just slapping a small poster over her head, love it.

You want Chocolat to have new members? or just to comeback?

I just want them to comeback. It would be cool if the 5th member started participating again though.

T-ara’s largest fan community to shut down the day before their comeback:
http://www.allkpop.com/2012/07/t-aras-largest-fan-community-to-shut-down

Shit is really hitting the fan.

W_Dreamer

SNSD turned out fine...

Taeyeon/Tiffany tweet how they just stayed in their dorms during New Years/Christmas...etc.

Chuckie

I think the dorms are just super-convenient. Basically, van pulls up, whole group gets in.

No doubt they are convenient. But who would actually want to stay with their colleagues from a popgroup for so much time?

I'll be honest, I don't exactly know how long they have to stay together (do they get days off where they go to family?) but it seems more like being in the army than being in a musical group.

Or is this simply how it works in Korean pop? You 'give up' a few years of your life and in return you get really famous and rich?

Edit:

Taeyeon/Tiffany tweet how they just stayed in their dorms during New Years/Christmas...etc.

That doesn't sound too bad.

Cuddler

Repackaged Super Junior album will be out on the 7 of august with four new songs (one of them will be the new MV)
New songs titles:
SPY
Outsider
Only U
하루 (HARU)

I have never wanted to slap someone over the internet so hard in my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qZobO_p3vk

Fany performing Oops with Super Junior. This song is just so much fun
I've asked about it some days ago. Good to know that someone like this song.
Just to add to Salazar, I think it really depends on how things go, if things go well it helps create a much greater friendship between members and the feel that they are like a family.

I just want them to comeback. It would be cool if the 5th member started participating again though.

Tia won something at the Idol Olympics so they're still around:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xsg75c_120726-idol-star-olympics-2012-ep-2-1-9_shortfilms?start=224

The t-ara situation would have been non existent if they issued a public apology straight away. KKS is the one who keeps making this worse for all the members. I wonder if the rest of CCM will have the guts to kick him out?

vanty

Tence, you know T-ara don't live together while the groups with seemingly great relationships among members do live together? Seems you have things mixed up or something.

Salazar

You 'give up' a few years of your life

Pretty much. Although if I were crazy about singing and dancing, I might have a more appreciative perspective on it. Even then, though - you're right. It seems like boot camp, with a) no privacy from other members b) no privacy from the company c) no privacy whatsoever from the public. And high expectations, all the time, for everything.

and in return you get really famous and rich?

I think there's a fairly huge drop-off from Soshi grade earnings. The number of idols making set-for-life money would be kind of small.

vanty

The Kara members probably make quite a lot of money with all the Japanese commercials they do. Maybe not Yoona-level though, she's a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom