• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwlnd

Banned
·feist·;40554771 said:
I've posted a lot of Boa. Quick handful: 1 2 3 4. Other members: 1 2 3.

There's at least one member here who had a Boa profile pic for months. Outside of a select group who post the same people nearly every single time, I'd like to think some of us post a decent variety of girls, and guys in different age groups. There will always be a hot girl/hot boy element to these threads, but you have a good amount of diversity in entertainers, and posters who don't fixate on surface level traits alone. It's a sign of appreciation for talents from acting to singing and dancing, which brings you back to my original post (which questionmark never responded to), on admiration for people who are often flawed.

I'm really having difficulties imagining people admiring/whatever their favourites because of their singing/dancing/acting abilites :p Anway, we disagree, not much point in discussing it further.

edit: re: admiration for people who are often flawed: in my first post i said that idols aren't comparable to writers/politicians etc but on second thoughts people hardly admire idols for their moral integrity so i can see your point.

I'm trying to get Anjexu to link me to the people he follows for T ara, but he's not online ;_;

If you can point me in the right direction I'd switch this one right now for a higher quality one.

lots of great t-ara @ http://brandinator.minus.com/

Peru

What Ash said.

I'm really having difficulties imagining people admiring/whatever their favourites because of their singing/dancing/acting abilites

Really, dude? I guess that tells me all I need to know about how much this thread is the wrong place for me.

dokish

Banned
Look at this loser I found on Minus.

http://ocgaf.minus.com/

I'll just steal some pictures from him.

*see lots of Hyomin pics*

Oh... I'm in heaven...

itwydpBWRZpD0.jpg

·feist·;40554771 said:
There's at least one member here who had a Boa profile pic for months. Outside of a select group who post the same people nearly every single time, I'd like to think some of us post a decent variety of girls, and guys in different age groups. There will always be a hot girl/hot boy element to these threads, but you have a good amount of diversity in entertainers, and posters who don't fixate on surface level traits alone. It's a sign of appreciation for talents from acting to singing and dancing, which brings you back to my original post (which questionmark never responded to), on admiration for people who are often flawed.

I have almost 1gb of BoA music and she the only asian singer I listened (besides anime stuff) till a couple of months. I have basically everything she released so far, even the Live versions of the shows. (Hell, even some dude signing her songs).

I bought b0a the live (kr original) and only didn't buy more of her DVDs because is so expensive for me living outside of the US.

I just don't post pics of her because is tiresome and I don't wanna go through the trouble of selecting great pics etc.

Her "american" phase i think got her out of the spotlights for a while... I mean, most of her "american production" didn't sound like BoA at all, and her light doesn't shine like it used to be. Although looks like she's returning to her "old self" with Only One & etc.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
What Ash said.

Really, dude? I guess that tells me all I need to know about how much this thread is the wrong place for me.
pretty sure that's just wwlnd trolling

agreed on the whole "thread = shit lately" stuff tho

dokish

Banned
Why is the thread shit? God. Is not like every page we gonna post cute girls and news about them and new youtube videos with new songs etc.

I see this place mostly like a place where people can DISCUSS K-Pop universe, instead of posting shitloads of screens. That I can find "anywhere". There are a lot of sites with LINKS TO CLICK, but not a lot of sites where you can openly discuss the universe at your will.

Stop whining.

Peru

I don't think anyone thinks it's shit because of 'discussion'. If there actually was any k-pop discussion that'd make it less shit.

giri

I have almost 1gb of BoA music and she the only asian singer I listened (besides anime stuff) till a couple of months. I have basically everything she released so far, even the Live versions of the shows. (Hell, even some dude signing her songs).
Yeah. But. You're a little creepy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't understand what the problem with lipsyncing is when you're dancing at such a high level. Have you ever tried to dance and sing at a high level at the same time? When you hit a certain point, literally no one can do it. You can look at all professional performers and there are none who do it.

Even in that BoA performance which was supposedly so much better she stopped singing on half the lines because of difficult dance moves, and the routine overall was scaled back. These days there is also a lot of lipsyncing for moments when production effects on the track simply can't be properly done on live equipment (see: the low whisper part of her song)

We all know she's really good at both, yet she can't be at her best of both at the same time, because such are the limits of the human body. So if she wants to push one limit or the other for a show, how is it less professional? The whole argument reminds me of photography bitching about pre-photoshop and post-photoshop images. The end product is an artistic presentation. Why does it matter so much?

Tenck

I don't understand what the problem with lipsyncing is when you're dancing at such a high level. Have you ever tried to dance and sing at a high level at the same time? When you hit a certain point, literally no one can do it. You can look at all professional performers and there are none who do it.

Even in that BoA performance which was supposedly so much better she stopped singing on half the lines because of difficult dance moves, and the routine overall was scaled back. These days there is also a lot of lipsyncing for moments when production effects on the track simply can't be properly done on live equipment (see: the low whisper part of her song)

We all know she's really good at both, yet she can't be at her best of both at the same time, because such are the limits of the human body. So if she wants to push one limit or the other for a show, how is it less professional? The whole argument reminds me of photography bitching about pre-photoshop and post-photoshop images. The end product is an artistic presentation. Why does it matter so much?

All the dance moves will eventually drain you of energy too, regardless of how fit your are. So I ask the people who don't like Lip Syncing, would you like them to dance like they usually do and sing out of tune or do you want them standing around singing?

I don't mind lip syncing if it's for the sake of dancing your best, but a lot of idols just like to stand there and lip sync, which is why I guess people have a problem with it. HyunA being one of the worst offenders at times. Slowly going down my list of favorite artists.

Why is the thread shit? God. Is not like every page we gonna post cute girls and news about them and new youtube videos with new songs etc.

I see this place mostly like a place where people can DISCUSS K-Pop universe, instead of posting shitloads of screens. That I can find "anywhere". There are a lot of sites with LINKS TO CLICK, but not a lot of sites where you can openly discuss the universe at your will.

Stop whining.

It's not whining if it's true. Ever since the T ara meltdown, this topic has been pretty terrible. I just want new music already so we can actually discuss about something, but even then it's just pictures of cute girls.

2San

I think it's about expectations. Boa is pretty much the top flight of mainstream kpop. I think people just expect more from the best. People see BoA as an actual singer and it isn't a weird expectation to want to hear singers properly sing. She's still an entertainer first in my eyes though.
I don't mind lip syncing if it's for the sake of dancing your best, but a lot of idols just like to stand there and lip sync, which is why I guess people have a problem with it. HyunA being one of the worst offenders at times. Slowly going down my list of favorite artists.
Kinda unfair to compare BoA to idols. BoA is well beyond an idol by now. Likewise for Se7en and Rain. These guys aren't idols anymore.

I agree that this thread needs more K-Pop / variety discussion. Would be cool to have 2 different threads where we get the hot Korean pics/gifs and another for news/discussions. I can never load this thread on my iPod.

Tenck

Kinda unfair to compare BoA to idols. BoA is well beyond an idol by now. Likewise for Se7en and Rain. These guys aren't idols anymore.

Even so, they're in the entertainment business. Some people aren't entertained by it, and they have their reasons. I'd just like more of an effort from some artists who think it's okay to just sit there and move their lips (and sometimes not even at all)*

*Referring to some nice HyunA bloopers

Edit:
I agree that this thread needs more K-Pop / variety discussion. Would be cool to have 2 different threads where we get the hot Korean pics/gifs and another for news/discussions. I can never load this thread on my iPod.

I was under the impression that we already had something like that. I remember someone saying it wasn't used much though.

Peru

Thing is BoA might be the best dancer among pop stars worldwide, and yet that has not been taken advantage of in her promotional efforts. She's danced well for Hurricane Venus, sure, but not doing stuff on another level from her contemporaries. We've heard plenty of her voice. She performed ballads from her last album. She's released ballad singles in Japan. She's done dance tracks masterfully live, like she proved with her hit medley on the comeback show. For BoA fans seeing a routine that focused purely on her dancing talent was like 'finally, this it'. I've never ever been happier as a k-pop fan than when I first watched the Only One video and realized that.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
We have another kpop thread but only a few of us ever posted in it. It's best to keep everything in here. For when I'm on my phone, I set the GAF settings to disable images/gifs and embed youtube videos.

I was under the impression that we already had something like that. I remember someone saying it wasn't used much though.

On second thought, I think this thread is great; it was just in a little rut. The T-ara news brought it back though.

We have another kpop thread but only a few of us ever posted in it. It's best to keep everything in here. For when I'm on my phone, I set the GAF settings to disable images/gifs and embed youtube videos.
Will do.

2San

Even so, they're in the entertainment business. Some people aren't entertained by it, and they have their reasons. I'd just like more of an effort from some artists who think it's okay to just sit there and move their lips (and sometimes not even at all)*
That's true I guess. I tend to only watch performances with good choreo. Pretty much the reason I like k-pop and why I follow boy bands as a straight guy(Rain + Sorry Sorry was pretty much what won me over). So haven't really seen the problem with idols standing still and lipsyncing. Have learned to appreciate the music as well by now.

Ashhong

There's only so much discussion that can go on when not much new music is out. Every OT goes through this cycle. Did you guys follow the Batman hype threads before the movie? Shit was terrible at certain points. Hell, even now the spoiler thread is pretty bad.

Tenck

That's true I guess. I tend to only watch performances with good choreo. Pretty much the reason I like k-pop and why I follow boy bands as a straight guy(Rain + Sorry Sorry was pretty much what won me over). So haven't really seen the problem with idols standing still and lipsyncing. Have learned to appreciate the music as well by now.

Lol.

I think I've seen this more in common with girl groups though. If they'd move more I wouldn't mind :p

The artists I follow don't lip sync but I can see why some would. Taeyang was out of breath during some performances in 2011. I watch live performances for the amazing live voices with goosebump inducing high notes and choreography second.

Dice

I don't mind lip syncing if it's for the sake of dancing your best, but a lot of idols just like to stand there and lip sync, which is why I guess people have a problem with it.
That I can agree with, but that is not what BoA did. What she did is dance better than possibly anyone has ever done on Inkigayo. She danced at a world-class level. I don't know how anyone could miss that or question the level of professionalism just because it was lipsynced.

The artists I follow don't lip sync but I can see why some would. Taeyang was out of breath during some performances during 2011. I watch live performances for their choreography second and the amazing live voices with goosebump inducing high notes.
Yeah, I saw plenty where he was basically just panting into the mic save for a couple moments that he could stand still and belt out a high note. I would have preferred lipsyncing.

Tenck

That I can agree with, but that is not what BoA did. What she did is dance better than possibly anyone has ever done on Inkigayo. She danced at a world-class level. I don't know how anyone could miss that or question the level of professionalism just because it was lipsynced.

Oh I agree too. My point was that some people are probably tired of some half assed performances with lip syncing, that they're just too salty to appreciate good stuff (Like BoA's phenomenal performances). I don't mind if BoA lip syncs because she goes all out with the dancing and it's really entertaining to watch.

RubyFaith

I already have a place I go to for grimey kpop discussions; I come here for photos because I didn't consider kpop gaf any less or more than that.

That was a very indirect and subtle insult so I'm sorry ahead of time.

I'm down with talking about how 2no1 is going to fail in the states so they can stop representing Tokyo in Aidida ads proving how no1kara about Seoul or Korea period. CL should go solo if she truly wants to make it in the U.S.

Sistar I mean Hyorin remains flawless whether the popularity was bought or not. Cube should have used this tactic to buy 4minute's popularity instead of their albums. Volume Up will remain the better song but tackier performances.

People were hating on Beast saying they would flop this comeback because they lost the "momentum" of their popularity last year when they stopped promoting. And that's why their album sold 30k+ in its first week and they won Mcountdown yesterday because they're totally one hit wonders. Yeah. No. If Cube is buying all of this then fuck it, award shows were never sacred so we'd have to disregard the credibility of others as well.

Can't wait until everyone stops caring about PSY again just like with his other comebacks and the bandwagon theory will prove how ruthless kpawp fans are...again.

tumblr_m2tnzvfTZi1qc8smpo2_250.gif

luso

There's only so much discussion that can go on when not much new music is out. Every OT goes through this cycle. Did you guys follow the Batman hype threads before the movie? Shit was terrible at certain points. Hell, even now the spoiler thread is pretty bad.

Main reason is Soshi hiatus. And until Kara comeback is ongoing don't expect much improvement. Enjoy the Olympic Games.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
it's just a few people shitting up the thread in the past couple weeks. not much we can do about it even though most of us would rather have this thread be more about discussion rather than a picture thread. oh well.

Peru

1st Look: What song have you been listening to a lot lately?
Tiffany: I’ve been into electronic a lot, so I’ve been listening to it a lot. I went to Wonder Girls’ concert recently and have been listening to all the songs on their album. Personally, I really like their music a lot.

1st Look: When you really don’t have any schedules, what do you do?
Tiffany: After promotions for Girls’ Generation – TTS ended, I’ve been having those kind of days (Translator’s note: days without any schedules). There honestly isn’t anything for me to do. So on days I rest, I just go for ‘treatments’. I go to the dermatologist and receive hair treatments. I think skin and hair are essential for a woman. I would go home if we don’t have schedules for long periods of time, but because I only get [free] time occasionally, I invest all my time in self-treatment

dokish

Banned
Yeah. But. You're a little creepy.
wat. why?
Dice always makes the best posts in these situations. You a very aware person!

We need Dice Asks |OT|
I don't mind linking (again) to what's probably the most badass live performance of the year, though, for those who need live vocals http://youtu.be/e_KcRurXf5E

Also: http://youtu.be/3CysJNWdpgY (isn't 2012 tho)

I don't think anyone thinks it's shit because of 'discussion'. If there actually was any k-pop discussion that'd make it less shit.

This thread has had quite a lot of kpop discussion of late and its had much less of the 'you go girl' type of bickering from the popgaf thread too.

RubyFaith

Great opportunity missed to rebuttle or simply respond or even start one's own kpop insight that consists of the "discussion" everyone, instead, is (sorta) complaining about.

I'll just wait for salazaar to spam pictures: the superior and winning purpose of this thread.

tumblr_m18hjt2bfi1r8nwibvt.gif

Also, there's a bunch of "new music" out there that can be talked about like D-unit, for example, look like less interesting CL's and Gummy bears and "I'm Missing You" is wack af. I'm just saying though.

tumblr_m18hjt2bfi1r8nwibvt.gif

Dice

Great opportunity missed to rebuttle or simply respond or even start one's own kpop insight that consists of the "discussion" everyone, instead, is (sorta) complaining about.
A few people were confused about what you were even saying. Sorry if your english is limited and that's why, but that's what was up.

Darkkn

Why are all the k-pop live videos such a crappy quality on Youtube even if there is 720p or 1080p options? :/
You would think that these music programs are being broadcasted in better quality.

Just recently discovered the joys(and lols) of k-pop after accidentally clicking a youtube link on this thread. Previously i was checking this thread for a long time just for the pretty pictures and cute gifs.

RubyFaith

A few people were confused about what you were even saying. Sorry if your english is limited and that's why, but that's what was up.

I make perfect sense. Reading is fundamental, I made sure to use small and comprehending words. It can't get any more 8th grade level than that.
/Jihyun hairflip

Edgeward

SBS youtube channel is a joke. 720p of grainy bullshit. If only they put as much effort into it as they do taking down vids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom