• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

dupMU.jpg
o8JaQ.jpg

GsT9T.jpg
m2MNW.jpg

WLBPQ.jpg

2swHL.jpg

fHJzO.jpg

Alta1r

Was probably because the first episode is boring. It deals with the background of the characters by having them be kids. Ep 2 is when they fast forward a few years to the main actors. You gotta remember its 66 episodes, so the buildup is a lot slower than your normal drama.

What's a good episode to start? And a cliffnotes summary of everything that happens up to that point?

tumblr_m8tq2xzBku1qccg08.jpg

Damn SuJu!

Ashhong

What's a good episode to start? And a cliffnotes summary of everything that happens up to that point?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8tq2xzBku1qccg08.jpg[img]

[spoiler]Damn SuJu![/spoiler][/quote]

What??? Episode 1 fool! suck it up and just watch haha. It's all necessary character development. You know, that magical thing that almost no kdrama has anymore.

Fafnir

Also have any other bay-area gaffers seen the 24 hour Kpop channel? I don't have cable, just standard over the air DTv. The channel here is the bay is 32-8. Does anyone know if it's only in the bay or nation wide? When I saw it they were playing Kpop music videos like electric pop and the hosts of the show were in their pajamas and had really good English. Think they were former singers cus the girl kept singing about winter time.

Sounds like MNET. I have Comcast/Xfinity and there are 3 Korean channels that I know of: KBS World, Arirang, and MNET.

Ashhong

tumblr_m8tn34Z0dt1rz5ioyo1_500.gif

66 episodes! That's stuff to go back and watch if the rest of it is good.

Makes no sense! You don't go back to see what happened after you already know the outcome. At least I don't. You won't have any emotional connection when shit goes down. And shit does go down.

Alta1r

Makes no sense! You don't go back to see what happened after you already know the outcome. At least I don't. You won't have any emotional connection when shit goes down. And shit does go down.

Lol. You are persistent. I'll give it another shot once I'm done recruiting.

On an unrelated note, the caption from the tumblr post says this is some Mnet Korea's Idol Star Top 100 Ranking, whatever that is. Yoong!

tumblr_m8t965pMsx1rd5j94o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8t90pwnbF1r2x03fo1_500.gif

Ashhong

Lol. You are persistent. I'll give it another shot once I'm done recruiting.

On an unrelated note, the caption from the tumblr post says this is some Mnet Korea's Idol Star Top 100 Ranking, whatever that is. Yoong!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8t965pMsx1rd5j94o1_500.jpg[img]

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8t90pwnbF1r2x03fo1_500.gif[img][/quote]

Dat SNSD POWER

I don't mean to be persistent lol. If you don't wanna watch it that's fine, I'm sure 66 eps is extremely daunting. But if you watch it, watch it from the beginning.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
As expected: 1st tier -> 2nd tier -> Hyoyeon tier (after Leeteuk, lol)

Chesskid1

Banned
various news/updates since i havent felt like posting lately

-apink will be on 4minute's show next week! (4pink?)
-IU almost falling at that rainy concert https://i.minus.com/ib2Canini7C8af.gif
-eunjung's press conference happened about an half hr ago. hair matches basically how she's feeling i suppose :(

-i am ready for kara comeback, though i felt latest perf was too sexy/trying too hard :/ to used to covered up gyuri i suppose.

Did the person who made this put a shit filter on this purposely? This is why I don't go on tumblr I always see gifs like this coming from there.

you must join and show them how it's done. i hate the filters everyone uses so much too :3

gonna watch sulli's drama now i think just cause the gifs were so good.

Did the person who made this put a shit filter on this purposely? This is why I don't go on tumblr I always see gifs like this coming from there.

I went to tumblr to find some Sulli pics; I saw that gif and thought it was funny. Couldn't find better quality.

Edgeward

Is it normal for Korean television to have over the top acting? I'm watching Haeundae Lovers cause of Soyeon, obviously, and the expressions and everything is so cheesy. Also, Nam Gyuri in the show. @_@

N5gEj.jpg

cTGjn.jpg
SEg4E.jpg

lvqXf.jpg
y927C.jpg

vanty

Is it normal for Korean television to have over the top acting? I'm watching Haeundae Lovers cause of Soyeon, obviously, and the expressions and everything is so cheesy.
Yeah, and it's probably even worse in Japan. I read some explanation for it a while ago, but can't remember it.

Yeah, and it's probably even worse in Japan. I read some explanation for it a while ago, but can't remember it.

Japanese acting was influenced by Silent films and theater which both leaned more to the over expression. This influence went on to have a big impact in the industries of other Asian countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom