• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Stereotyping aside, have any of y'all actually drove around windows down blasting or at least listening to K-Pop? I've been driving a Miata with a soft top for the last few months and I've never ever listened to K-Pop when I have my windows down.. the only time I've ever driven with the top down listening to K-Pop was when one of my Korean friends was in the car. As soon as she got out and took her iPod, I was back on whatever the hell the radio was playing lol.

Loll. I feel ya, I've never bumped kpop unless other Koreans were physically present in my car.

But wait, I thought y'all Californian's drove convertibles year round?

Stereotyping aside, have any of y'all actually drove around windows down blasting or at least listening to K-Pop? I've been driving a Miata with a soft top for the last few months and I've never ever listened to K-Pop when I have my windows down.. the only time I've ever driven with the top down listening to K-Pop was when one of my Korean friends was in the car. As soon as she got out and took her iPod, I was back on whatever the hell the radio was playing lol.

In the winter it rains. In the summer it is so hot you drive around with your windows up and A/C blasting.

Ashhong

In the winter it rains. In the summer it is so hot you drive around with your windows up and A/C blasting.

Not so much rain in the winter down here. Rain is few and far between. Plenty of days you want to just ride with the windows down, arm hanging out and bumping some kpop. We will do this down LA LOL

Ending was crap but at least they wrapped it up in a happy ending so there doesn't need to be a sequel drama.

Not many kdramas get a sequel in my experience. That's one of the great things about kdramas, is that it (usually) isn't written as they go along. One of the bad things is that they suck at endings. My Love By My Side on the other hand, I can't get that ending out of my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0TrFfeSzCY&feature=player_detailpage#t=9s

ibe1rEq6GKoBNz.gif

ib0JbD6jbN7ljo.gif

ibuD5vW8ExDbE2.gif

Sorry alt, not seeing it. Fivehead, with a sickly complexion, and rabbit teeth. Looks like a vastly inferior version of Jessica. She's all yours.

It's cause it sounds like that chipmunk J-pop isn't it?

F0frh.gif

Genie jackets>>>>>>>>>

Universal truth, right here.

KARA(카라) - PANDORA(판도라) GYURI Teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pr_ZMUJm2Y

freaky!!!!

Gyuris lost some weight. Looks like Jiyoung now.

Edgeward

The air quality is terrible in LA I never have the windows down regardless of weather. So kpop is blasting anyway when it isn't a podcast

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Sure. Some songs are pretty fun to play with a system. areia or epitone remixes, for example.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4Fh5brtinw&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8KT9e3MDu0&hd=1

and there's also the BoA - Energetic, Chocolat - One More Day, EXO-K History. Just to name a few. There's lots more that I love playing just for the fucking bass. miss A, Wonder Girls, A Pink and 4Minute albums have a bunch of songs that'll hit pretty hard too.

RubyFaith

heart to hear is good though.

It's decent. Not my favorite 4minute song but not their worst. Though I think around that time they lost a lot of respect from kpoppers which is why they're always ranked so low in girl group tier ranking charts.

People are still complaining they want their HUH days back.

Sorta don't blame them but at the same time, I love Volume Up concept.

(._.)

Banned
Every 4minute release is really solid except their Japanese stuff. Obviously not all their albums are amazing but every one is worth listening to.

Alta1r

Sorry alt, not seeing it. Fivehead, with a sickly complexion, and rabbit teeth. Looks like a vastly inferior version of Jessica. She's all yours.

tumblr_m73oznAXLq1rb4qpdo1_500.gif

Blasphemy! Look at her:

tumblr_m8rmctpAqb1qefw0fo1_500.png

Speaking of, Pacemaker has a lot of gifable scenes of Ara. It's about some runner dude and she trains with him. She's a pole vaulter and runner too I think. I'm not sure, I skipped through the movie quickly for scenes of her and just now learned from qmark how to turn the subs on.

Oh yeah, Dr. Feel Good and Miss A's "Lips" has some amazing bass.

Gee or any cute song always gets a pass from me even with the windows up. Every time they come on, volume always goes down to where only I can hear it. It just gets a little awkward sitting by myself in the car and hearing all this "Gee Gee Gee baby" coming out of the windows haha.

OC: Thanks for the links, those are going to into my remix playlist.

Holy shit, he's alive! How's it going wing? Where have you been??

I've been busy, doing full time uni while working 5x a week is a real killer. Doing 5 subjects this semester to finish up at the end of the year on top of work and attempting to learn SQL as well lol. Been so out of the Kpop scene only been listening to B2ST's new album. I don't know who any of the new rookies are.

Nice to see this thread still moves like 10 pages after a day lol

Im sort of over Taeyeon :|
tumblr_m63185h0n31qkolxgo1_250.gif
tumblr_m63185h0n31qkolxgo2_250.gif

This doesnt really make me feel like "omgawd a;weifha;wefhia;weofhi;weogiah" anymore

luso

Isn't the new T-ara song due today?

Wasn't on the 16th? But I'm not sure.

Yura needs to have that gorgeous hair back

Edit:
They do press conferences for this?

On August 15th, HaHa held a press conference regarding his wedding plans with singer Byul, and revealed details about their relationship as well as answering the questions of reporters.

He revealed the reason behind the sudden announcement, stating, “To be honest, starting from when I became thirty, in addition to the influence from my hyungs and my friends, I had decided to put my life’s focus on creating a happy family. I thought about marriage, and I wanted to get married fast and live a stable and comfortable life.”

HaHa continued, “I wanted to get married quickly and create a family fast. Since a while ago, I would joke with Byul, ‘You’re going to end up marrying me.’ Because we were both single, I started off asking Go Eun (Byul) about marriage rather than dating.”

“Although I’m living as Haroro, I’m 34 years old in reality. I have many friends that have two or more kids and unfortunately one that’s divorced. Anyways, I’m at the optimal age for marriage. After the articles were published, I think many suffered from a mental shock rather than remembering to send messages of congratulations, but I expected that. I am also quite bewildered myself.”

The singer and entertainer also showed his affections for his bride-to-be as he stated, “She has many things that I don’t have. She’s modest, cute, innocent, and sexy. She sings really well too. And most of all, she’s very good to her parents. She’s a good daughter. I am not so good to my parents but she’s very good to them. I thought to myself that I could marry a woman like her.”

When asked about their pet names for one another, Haha bashfully revealed that the two called each other “yeobo” which translates into “honey” or “darling”, a term that is used by married couples in Korea. “Byul is quite shy, so I tried to get her used to the term by calling her ‘yeobo’ first… Byul naturally started calling me ‘yeobo’ as well. It’s not that we’re calling each other ‘yeobo’ in a serious sense, but more in a cute way,” Haha shared.

As mentioned previously, HaHa and Byul were friends for 7-8 years, but only started to seriously date starting around March of this year. The two have clarified that the reason for this marriage announcement is not because Byul is pregnant, but that because they are sure of their decision to become life partners. The couple will tie the knot on November 30th.

Alta1r

I've been busy, doing full time uni while working 5x a week is a real killer. Doing 5 subjects this semester to finish up at the end of the year on top of work and attempting to learn SQL as well lol. Been so out of the Kpop scene only been listening to B2ST's new album. I don't know who any of the new rookies are.

Nice to see this thread still moves like 10 pages after a day lol

Dayam, that sounds intense. Good luck with all that.

tumblr_m63185h0n31qkolxgo1_250.gif
tumblr_m63185h0n31qkolxgo2_250.gif

This doesnt really make me feel like "omgawd a;weifha;wefhia;weofhi;weogiah" anymore

Wow. Never expected to hear that from you wing. And I don't believe it. I give it...3 days before you're back in full-fledged Taengoo worshipping, Taeny shipping mode.

Airport soshi.
C'mon Sunkyu & Sooyoung, you can do better than that...

Lol, good decision by Soo to hide her toothpick legs this time.

Yura needs to have that gorgeous hair back

Amen.

tumblr_m5wffjTAeN1r9ufk1o1_500.png

tumblr_m73oznAXLq1rb4qpdo1_500.gif

Blasphemy! Look at her:

tumblr_m8rmctpAqb1qefw0fo1_500.png

She has beautiful eyes, I'll give her that much. Other than that, she just seems like an angler. If you want to convince me, you better bring on better gifs. Or maybe try to convince me to pick up the pace with RM, so I can see this episode that enchanted you.

Isn't the new T-ara song due today?

Wasn't on the 16th? But I'm not sure.

Pretty certain it was supposed to come out on the 14th originally.

I am still eagerly awaiting for Mirage.

watershed

Banned
Hi all, my journey into Kpop continues and I'd like to thank everyone for the recommendations. I've got a bit of a different kind of favor to ask kpop gaf. My understanding is that a few weeks ago there was some big news about bullying in a certain kpop group and a lot of fall out from that.

Can someone link me some Korean news articles about this event and perhaps some English blogs as well?

Hi all, my journey into Kpop continues and I'd like to thank everyone for the recommendations. I've got a bit of a different kind of favor to ask kpop gaf. My understanding is that a few weeks ago there was some big news about bullying in a certain kpop group and a lot of fall out from that.

Can someone link me some Korean news articles about this event and perhaps some English blogs as well?

The group is T-ara, one of the biggest girl groups.

allkpop is a good place to start. This is the first article. And here a list of articles tagged with T-ara, starting from page 10 with the first article towards the bottom. Just click your way backwards.

Fafnir

I won't be bumping that Jung sister OST in my ride lol. I'll stick to annoying my friends with GEE GEE GEE, actually I'm positive they secretly enjoy it but can't admit to it.

Alt and anyone else in Korea, TaeNy will be having a date at the SM.ART exhibition at COEX mall tomorrow 4:00pm. Some good stalker cam/pics should be out in the coming days.

6vohX.jpg

YOUTUBE LINK NOOOWWWW

I listen all the time. Hell, even in my Naruto era I did it. HARUKA KANATA OWN THE STREETS!

When I bought my new car I found out it came with a free trial of XM radio, which had a korean channel. I occasionally rock that shit.

Most of the time I listen to 80s R&B or NPR though.

Alta1r

She has beautiful eyes, I'll give her that much. Other than that, she just seems like an angler. If you want to convince me, you better bring on better gifs. Or maybe try to convince me to pick up the pace with RM, so I can see this episode that enchanted you.

6874536089_532509b3ab.jpg

Once I'm on a computer again.

I watched it after your jizzfest and it was a horrible movie.

Hey asshole, accept my friend request. And don't hate on Papa just because there are no horses in it.

Niks

This blasphemy will not be tolerated.
From here on out you are forbidden from EVER mentioning the goddess name again. No matter how much you beg and plead for forgiveness, this decision is final.

When the goddess shows herself in all of her glory (in pics and gifs), you will suffer and you will know true pain.

PS: Your membership has also been revoked, please change your avatar immediately. You can use one from a lesser idol like Lime or something.

Tenck

Says the one rocking an avatar of a bully and a slut. How dare you.

I'd let Hyomin bully me any day bro. Taeyeon used to be top tier but then she suddenly dropped off my top 10. All of SNSD basically. Probably overexposure.

Tiffany is lower than Taeyeon though, if that interests you :3

Edit: Rocking the ring leader avatar now Ash. Come at me bro.

Up until earlier this year, I've always been insecure when it comes to music and would play at moderate volumes, never lower my windows because I don't want the outside world to hear what I'm listening to, and if somehow I have to lower the windows, I turn down or off the radio.

It made the $8k sound system upgrades between my 3 cars redundant since I'm playing it at iPod volume levels 99% of time, and my friends never let me live it down when they're riding with me.

At some point earlier this year, a switch must've flicked in my head because nowadays I blast my music with neighborhood annoying levels of bass regardless if its k-pop or metal or whatever.

idgaf if gee is playing full blast in a crowded intersection windows down and all. the world needs to hear it and deal with it. I gotta listen to their bullshit music when I'm next to them so I might as well return the favor.

Tenck

Up until earlier this year, I've always been insecure when it comes to music and would play at moderate volumes, never lower my windows because I don't want the outside world to hear what I'm listening to, and if somehow I have to lower the windows, I turn down or off the radio.

It made the $8k sound system upgrades between my 3 cars redundant since I'm playing it at iPod volume levels 99% of time, and my friends never let me live it down when they're riding with me.

At some point earlier this year, a switch must've flicked in my head because nowadays I blast my music with neighborhood annoying levels of bass regardless if its k-pop or metal or whatever.

idgaf if gee is playing full blast in a crowded intersection windows down and all. the world needs to hear it and deal with it. I gotta listen to their bullshit music when I'm next to them so I might as well return the favor.

Good read. Was telling someone a while ago how I was criticized for listening to something I don't understand. So like you I'd have my volume low too. Now I don't really care and I'll literally tell my friends (or anyone that doesn't want to hear my music) that they're free to find their own ride. Haven't had problems and a few of them are a bit into SNSD.

Good read. Was telling someone a while ago how I was criticized for listening to something I don't understand. So like you I'd have my volume low too. Now I don't really care and I'll literally tell my friends (or anyone that doesn't want to hear my music) that they're free to find their own ride. Haven't had problems and a few of them are a bit into SNSD.

*brofist*

my friends and their friends would always rag on me whenever I listen to k-pop or j-pop in my car

them: do you understand the lyrics?
me: no(?)
them: then why do you listen to it?
me: I didn't realize I was "listening" to lyrics. you do realize there's music underneath those lyrics right?
them: you're weird lol

like you, I let them know they're free to walk home or walk to the destination were headed if they don't like the music. I'm constantly bombarded with their music when I'm riding with them but I'm not vocal about complaining about it to them.

the more they whine in the car, the louder I crank up the music and if they complain some more, I crank up the subwoofers behind their seat to the point where they can't hear themselves talk or yell. it usually shuts them up :)

Selane

I'd let Hyomin bully me any day bro. Taeyeon used to be top tier but then she suddenly dropped off my top 10. All of SNSD basically. Probably overexposure.

For me it wasn't really overexposure. More like underexposure, in a way. Kind of hard for me to care much about them right now when all they really do is appear in magazine photoshoots and bad dramas. They'll become relevant again sooner or later but right now they've been knocked out of my #1 position by A Pink.

News of Soyeon’s accident was reported before collision took place?

CCM had reported that Soyeon had been involved in a car accident on August 13th at approximately 7AM, on the way to go film her new drama series.

However, the first article reporting the news of the collision was reportedly posted at 12:06AM on August 13th, 7 hours before the accident allegedly took place, and is needless to say causing further controversy amongst netizens.

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/08/rumo...dent-was-reported-before-collision-took-place

tatsuki

I've expected something like this all along. The timing of the accident just seemed too convenient. The fact that she returned to the set of her drama so fast isn't helping me believing any of it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom