• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ym1r

You sure you aren't religious? You seem to think that superiority is determined by fervent masses.

I can have my own opinion, you can have your own opinion. Just because somebodies opinion differs from yours doesn't mean you have to attempt to take a dump all over it. You sound just like the very people you despise.

magenta

ibyo6oIfQdIg2W.jpg

iBCHWJTwk9K6Z.jpg

:3

dokish

Banned
why is there a pack of virginia slims a car key? and a pen in that video?

Because of the font, some characters are hard to identify, but this is what I think that is written:

스파이캠이라 불리는
특수 초 소 형카 ????
파는 전문 ? 핑물

naver " 보안업 " 검색

This is the white-colored text. Apparently is saying something about spy-camera. You have to "increase your security buying a spy camera", and then shows the lighter, pencil and what it seems a car key. "Ultra small, professional".

The green part I'm lazy lol. Maybe Dice can help us out.

Ym1r

I'm not going to continue this opinion-driven argument. You can sit there and believe KARA is the best all you want, nothing is going to change that. But it is an objective fact, that KARA's popularity (no matter how hard you try to refute it) was quite low.

I don't have a particular interest in either of their music, but Lupin manages to be one of my highest played songs by girl groups.
I don't hate KARA. I don't hate Soshi. You can have your opinion, but just realize that other people have their own opinions too.

I'll let you have the last word, and I'll apologize.

Sorry, for throwing this in the wrong direction.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I can have my own opinion, you can have your own opinion. Just because somebodies opinion differs from yours doesn't mean you have to attempt to take a dump all over it. You sound just like the very people you despise.
I don't think you understand how disagreements work.

You see, when you think something is better than something else, you think it is actually better, and that people who disagree are wrong. When you feel it doesn't matter or either option is equally valid, that is called indifference rather than a preference. Subjectivity is limited by perspective, but that does not mean that everything is evaluated all willy-nilly with no music being considered higher or lower quality.

Likewise, even though it has nothing to do with this music discussion and you shouldn't have brought it up, in general matters of the universe, life, and morality, I may reject religious views but I do so on the basis of a reasoning that evaluates these things according to specific standards. It's not because religious people can be pushy and I don't like pushy people, so your insinuated charge of hypocrisy is way off. [a tangent on this topic]

If you don't want to get into what makes a quality group quality and whether or not someone should value one over the other, you shouldn't have gone telling others that they need to respect SNSD by using an appeal to the masses. You also shouldn't get pissy when someone challenges the basis of your claim that they deserve to be well respected by using a standard other than the favor of the masses.

Tenck

Everything in this page loads except for your image Conceptor. So I rehosted it in case others have the same problem.

Freaking Nana. *_*

giri

Editing my post cause i'm mean, aparently, and no one wants to be t-ara?

still, Ym1r was right.

Even if ICG is wrong.

Tenck

Not a lot of songs really catch my attention first time. Usually have to give it a few listens before I like it, but this song ^_^

ryan-ts

Watched the Lizzy episodes of RM. It was pretty great, but as noted before- when you get a member of OC for the first time on this type of show, why not put her squarely at the cenre of the action?

OC... OC.. you're my funny hunny, for ever. I would devote my life to you. I have a feeling you don't like guys that way but in that case I could be best guy or something, a loyal butler.

We only saw small traces of it in the MV, but you can smash. Those amazing textbook backhand and forehands. I would love to see you own people with your athleticism.

OC YOU'RE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE LOOKS LIKE A LOSER COMPARED TO YOU OC YOU'RE ON ANOTHER LEVEL OC YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD EVERYtHING FADES WHEN YOU'RE AROUND OC OC OC OC

OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC OC

Dice

The green part I'm lazy lol. Maybe Dice can help us out.
Meh, why not? It's good practice.

White text:
007 스파이캠이라 불리는 | It's called the 007 spy camera
특수 초 소 형카메라를 | Special compact camera
파는 전문 쇼핑몰 | Sold professionally [at the] shopping mall
NAVER "보안업" 검색 | Search "security services" on Naver

Green text:
특수형 캥코너 파는 곳 | Special camcorder variety [is also] sold here
네이버 "보안업" 검색| Search "security services" on Naver
차키형/봉펜형/라이터형 | Car key type/Ballpoint pen type/Lighter type
초소형 녹음기 / 아이폰 연동 IP카메라| Compact tape recorder / IP camera [that] connects to your iPhone

I fucking hate that font.

You have to "increase your security buying a spy camera", and then shows the lighter, pencil and what it seems a car key. "Ultra small, professional".
Not sure where you got this from? Maybe I messed up.

Because he just took a retarded dump on this page.
Gonna have to specify there, bro. Do you think all music is equal and everyone's opinions, in reality, mean nothing?

filler

Banned
To tell the truth, I miss Hwayoung. She was finally starting to look good and this new girl doesn't do anything for me. Is she supposed to be the rapper now? meh

It's funny that some people thought she would ruin the group they added her and she did, just not in the way that was expected. KKS is the Korean Shyamalan.

EDIT: To the dude that made the holocaust joke. Do you papi, don't let these haters get you down. Post how you want, hwaiting!!

Edgeward

It's best to not venture into OT if you fear getting banned randomly. Things got a bit tighter since the google overlords came down.

giri

Gonna have to specify there, bro. Do you think all music is equal and everyone's opinions, in reality, mean nothing?

I think music, especially pop music, is down to personal taste.

I personally think Spica are the best singers out of all the groups.

I think Soshi is probably a better pop group than Kara

Kara is probably my fav though.

None of those things are empirically or factually wrong, because they're all opinions and taste.

I may teaste/ mock/ discuss this with others. But particularly in pop music, i always remember that it's down to the person, there's no right or wrong.

Sometimes you do come off with bit of a fanaticism that is almost religious fervor in its tone.

More importantly, Raina is best OC.

LIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

I think music, especially pop music, is down to personal taste.

I personally think Spica are the best singers out of all the groups.

I think Soshi is probably a better pop group than Kara

Kara is probably my fav though.

None of those things are empirically or factually wrong, because they're all opinions and taste.

I may teaste/ mock/ discuss this with others. But particularly in pop music, i always remember that it's down to the person, there's no right or wrong.

Sometimes you do come off with bit of a fanaticism that is almost religious fervor in its tone.

More importantly, Raina is best OC.

LIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY

ibhaRXhPI1uVEK.gif

Dice

Things got a bit tighter since the google overlords came down.
Also the backlog of accounts waiting to be confirmed meant they were going to have to start approving them at a higher rate. If you let in 100,000 asshats at once, GAF would just become another thoughtless shithole on the internet. That's why they use a "periodic batches" method, to get new people adjusted to the climate before approving more people and keep balance in the common perception of what kind of place this is.

So, since they would have to approve more at once, they had to raise the standards of thoughtfulness in posts and respect for others even higher. You still get plenty of people with zero sensitivity to the social climate who make asses of themselves and get banned, but for the most part people fall in line, even if some do occasionally end up openly complaining about how they can't be an asshat here like they are elsewhere on the internet.

Edgeward

WUrkN.gif
YPiMa.gif

Wpu9f.gif
x7uE1.gif

mDqV8.gif

Hg9Ek.gif
yZDh3.gif

ZAjqf.gif

78lEE.gif

I came from GameFAQs so I never understood the complaints of the moderation here. I used to real stupid moderations and low tolerance for anything silly so GAF in comparison was the fucking wild west.

Dice

I may tease/ mock/ discuss this with others. But particularly in pop music, i always remember that it's down to the person, there's no right or wrong.
I disagree. There is a lot of taste involved, but as I said, subjectivity is limited by perspective. I think many people would notice their tastes changing if their perspective were expanded by listening to more types of music, studying the nature of music, trying it out themselves, etc. Then that change which happens in their tastes can easily be called development.

It's interesting, because while Peru is one of the people I seem to most often have disagreements with, I also end up respecting his views more because he does demonstrate well developed reasons for liking and not liking what he does, even though he frequently says people should just enjoy music in simple heart and not overcomplicate the process.

What I don't understand and find it hard to respect is the stanning of SNSD. They have done some good things, and they are rather professional in performing, and I try to account for taste, but the blatant hyperbole surrounding everything they do (with the prevailing attitude that it's simply plain as day that they stand well above all other groups) is often a bit much. So I openly disagree, and then people tell me I'm insane or an irrational antifan who couldn't possibly be thinking clearly. Really? Do you really think SNSD is that good that no one could rationally feel as I do when reading such things?

Can you share any examples? I really don't understand this claim at all. In terms of my opinion of SNSD, I provide clear explanations as to why my dismissal can become quite pointed. In terms of Kara, I do enjoy them very much in a general sense rather than for specific things, but I think I pretty fairly evaluate their strengths and weaknesses when the discussion comes to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom