• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

POQZg.gif

A 4minute fan really shouldn't be talking about high singing standards.

Because Hyuna sucks at singing, Jihyun can't sing for more than fifteen seconds and Gayoon can't reach a high note unless she wants her throat to shut off from the rest of the world?

I'm well aware and dismiss most Volume Up performance with a few past performances because of this. I dismiss Kara all together because their music doesn't interest me.

I'm not just a 4minute fan either, thank you.

ihdopviqyqduP.gif

Pandora is very forgettable. I think that's its biggest problem for me. Can't even remember what it sounds like a few minutes after listening to it.

Selane

Weird, I don't like most of Kara's music but I do like Pandora. It's basically

Step >>>>>>>>>>>>>Pandora>>>>Lupin/Mister>>> times infinity >> anything else.

I agree that Kara and 4minute are both shoddily put together groups that don't really have one or two excellent vocalists like most groups do, so you can only expect so much I guess. Of course Kara is God Tier in appearance(really the only ones that can be compared to SNSD), so I'm somewhat willing to let that slide...

Ashhong

Tbh I found it to be one of the first good things allkpop's ever done. Was dreading the same old tired questions.

I don't know, I get enough of these kind of cutesy, playful interviews with food from Korean shows. Kind of expected allkpop to do something more....American I guess? Take out the food and I would be ok with it lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
As for an evaluation of Kara's vocals, I'll be fair to both sides and simply say that they are way better than they were 4 years ago. They were definitely honest with themselves about that weakness and have worked to improve their vocals year over year.

It's true they aren't singing on the level of Sistar or Secret, but fitting what level of singing they are at now in with the other elements, it's not exaggerating to call them one of the most professional acts in kpop. Even against some who have more technical merit, their comfort and charisma in performing can make their vocals more exciting and better serve the purposes of putting on a show in the first place. Anyone who saw the google concert should know what I mean.

don't really have one or two excellent vocalists
They had Sunghee...

Selane

As for an evaluation of Kara's vocals, I'll be fair to both sides and simply say that they are way better than they were 4 years ago. They were definitely honest with themselves about that weakness and have worked to improve their vocals year over year.

It's true they aren't singing on the level of Sistar or Secret, but fitting what level of singing they are at now in with the other elements, it's not exaggerating to call them one of the most professional acts in kpop. Even against some who have more technical merit, their comfort and charisma in performing can make their vocals more exciting and better serve the purposes of putting on a show in the first place. Anyone who saw the google concert should know what I mean.

They had Sunghee...

Yeah, I'm not saying they make me cringe or anything. They're good enough, it's just that companies usually try to stick a really powerful vocalist or two in each new group and they don't really have one.

You're also probably giving Sistar too much credit. Obviously Hyorin is amazing and Soyu is ok, but Bora is basically there to shake her ass and Dasom doesn't really serve any purpose at all.

edit: though I suppose Dasom must be pretty cool if she hangs out with Hwayoung.

Peru

The Wonder Girls: Proof that you can live fulfilling, content lives while losing grip on your commercial home ground and failing to break the West, as long as you're happy about your surroundings and not worked to death.

Also, Soheeeeeeeeeeee (w/ superior destiny's child & boa taste)

Sunye's a bit of a bore

had to screencap
7977972267_d217928a9f.jpg

Peru

hah I think Sohee was pretty active and cute throughout.. singing, joking.. *puts sohee way higher on my kpop bias list*

Dice

hah I think Sohee was pretty active and cute throughout.. singing, joking.. *puts sohee way higher on my kpop bias list*
dayum, looking at their song picks, she and yenny get straight up sensual in the shower *ranks them higher*

Alta1r

Ym1r

roa"Sone"

The least you could do is respect SNSD. You do realize that without them (and Wonder Girls), we more than likely wouldn't have seen such a ridiculous influx of girl groups, right? Even KARA, senior to GG by a few months failed to impress. Pre-Gee SNSD was still popular, despite what people say, (although WG was more successful than them at the same time) and those two literally opened up the doors for other girl groups. Without them, the market would be saturated with tons of male singers/groups.

giri

Dice is arguing this for acutely emotional and hormonal reasons, but he happens to be right.

I don't know about Dices hormones, personally.

But If you Wanna is amazing. Better than into the new world.

That doesn't make what Ym1r said wrong.

Ym1r

Break It + If U Wanna >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Into the New World + Kissing You

Sure, you could say what you want, the topic of music itself is quite subjective. But you can't deny that KARA's popularity was low compared to Soshi's, that's a fact.

Dice

Sure, you could say what you want, the topic of music itself is quite subjective. But you can't deny, that KARA's popularity was low compared to Soshi's, that's a fact.
I'm sure belonging to SM and being hyped out the ass as the female Suju before the members were even picked had nothing to do with this. Nope, it was all just because of how wonderful they really were.

Deadly

No way T-ara comes back in October at this point. And arent they supposed to be promoting in December with Dani? That shit is not a comeback if they are at it every month.

When the fuck is Epik High??? I need it in my veins

oh shit, it's this month. FUCK YES.
Epik High is making a comeback? OH YEAAAAAH

Salazar

I'm sure belonging to SM and being hyped out the ass as the female Suju before the members were even picked had nothing to do with this. Nope, it was all just because of how wonderful they really were.

Don't go into vanty territory, Dice.

It's true that Soshi got a pretty substantial rolling start, but they did start to kill it on their own.

N3iCR.gif

Ym1r

Because KARA wasn't suppose to be the successor to Fin.K.L, right?

Dice

Because KARA wasn't suppose to be the successor to Fin.K.L, right?
Kewfi.gif

It's not my fault the whole world can't see how mediocre SNSD has always been.

Fin.K.L started out pretty shitty and everyone knows it.

Ym1r

It's not my fault the whole world can't see how mediocre SNSD has always been.

I'm sorry you don't like it when peoples' opinion differ from yours. You sure you aren't religious? Cause it sounds like you believe the world revolves around you.

Dice

I'm sorry you don't like it when peoples' opinion differ from yours. You sure you aren't religious? Cause it sounds like you believe the world revolves around you.
You sure you aren't religious? You seem to think that superiority is determined by fervent masses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom