• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLijS.gif

Looks like I dont have to wait until next year's SM Town to see some familiar faces again :D

Thankfully its Friday also. Gah, sell the tickets already!!! >_<

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
*reads thread*
*sees Jisook*
*is at peace*

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm glad we can help you find your happy place.

Meanwhile...

VRUab.png

Awwwwwwww~ (JYP)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Also, as much as I hate to admit it, Jessica owned the new clip.

EatChildren

I think I put Jessica somewhere in my middle tier. I don't know. After the first, best three the rest kinda haze together.

Deadly

I finished Dream High. Goddamn stayed up until 5am too. Exam in about 4hours kill me now.

Eunjung was AMAAZIIING<33333333333 IU and Wooyoung were adorable too, they needed more screentime! The teacher was pretty hot too, she's such a tsundere

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I finished Dream High. Goddamn stayed up until 5am too. Exam in about 4hours kill me now.

Eunjung was AMAAZIIING<33333333333 IU and Wooyoung were adorable too, they needed more screentime! The teacher was pretty hot too, she's such a tsundere
wait.. how many episodes did you go through?

Anyone watch f(x) on music bank today? I'm not really liking Jet all that much. Electric Shock is fine. I would have preferred Beautiful Stranger performed live but Victoria and Sulli aren't in the song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zrw8daWRiw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Seems the general consensus is that Electric Shock and Beautiful Stranger > rest of the album. Anyway, great performance of ES (skipped Jet). Think I got their names down as well now, Luna is the short one, right?

After School go dubstep with their video teaser for 'Flashback'

www.youtube.com/watch?&v=j-3LrvP_Dzw

I'm seriously excited for this.

Best part is I wont have to listen to you guys rant about Kahi.

Edgeward

*blocks all uploads of performances on inkigayo*

*uploads blurry/pixelated performances even at 720p*

Masterful troll, SBS

Good to hear the SBS in LA thing is real. Now they just not to make it free tickets to keep the plebs out and I can get in.

71pJp.jpg

fD6Iw.jpg

Seems the general consensus is that Electric Shock and Beautiful Stranger > rest of the album. Anyway, great performance of ES (skipped Jet). Think I got their names down as well now, Luna is the short one, right?

That is my review as well. Jet performance is good. Like the dance, it makes the song more enjoyable and the girls are having a good time. And yes Luna is the short one. Victoria is the one always with bangs, Sulli has the fullest lips and is the palest and Krystal is the awesome one.

So, let's talk some more about Paparazzi. I feel like I am understanding what I dislike about it.

Most of all, I do not like the lyrics. This is probably the first time I've had issues with lyrics in a song, sung in a language I do not understand. Most of all, I am bothered by the extreme amount of random English words and all the gibberish words like boom boom or ratatata. Do they not have words in the Japanese language for car chase? It just sounds weird and cheesy to me. Paparazzi is far from the only song to do this of course. For example, I dislike Hyunahs 'Let's rock' or whatever it is she says in Volume Up, but it's like one line, so it's not an issue at all. It's the amount in Paparazzi which really kills it for me.

Secondly, I am not feeling the flow of the lyrics. This is of course extremely subjective, and not as big issue as my first point. It kind of reminds me of a song which was first released in another language and then translated to Japanese. Genie is the only song which I feel is almost, if not as good, as the Korean version which comes first. Korean Mr. Taxi sounds pretty bad for example, so it's not the Japanese itself which I mind. Can't really explain in great detail, it just doesn't sound as good as Mr. Taxi/The Great Excape/Time Machine/etc.

My last point is in regards to autotune. I do not really mind autotuning, but in Paparazzi I can't even recognise the voices of Yoona, Yuri, Sooyoung and Hyoyeon... Sounds like they've been tuned to hell and back. I'd much rather hear their mediocre voices than what we get in Paparazzi. There's hope for the live performances though.

Some other things that do not affect my opinion of the song, but which needs to be said:
Sooyoungs red outfit... What the fuck were they thinking?
Sunnys stockings. What is she, a jester?
And when the hell is she going to kill that hairdo? I've probably said it before, but not many asians can pull of blonde hair like that, and Sunny is definitely not one of them. I think I could live with the short hair, but not that hair color. Every day she keeps her hair like that, is a day too long.
tumblr_m5m56inPcB1qzf4i2o1_500.gif

iTwXtCmBPXLKz.gif

This move has potential. Looking forward to 1080p fancams. Hopefully it'll be as glorious as this. Not going to happen if Sooyoung is going to wear that clown outfit in the background though.

In other news, the more I hear of Beautiful Stranger, the more I like it. Definitely my favorite from f(x)'s album at this point. Sucks that they wont promote it because it only features three members. Any possibility they will get to perform it at an SMTown or something?

Speaking of Beautiful Stranger, came across this FMV today. Damn Taeyeon is beautiful. Watching this I feel I cannot justifiably not put her in the top tier on SNSD. Do not think I could replace Tiffany or Yoona with her though, guess I better just drop the holy trinity. Either that or put Yuri in a tier for herself above the holy trinity now consisting of Taeyeon, Yoona and Tiffany.

And speaking of that FMV, can anyone recommend some other decent videos made by fans? Others I like are this Kara video, and this Tiffany one.

Yet another rookie group debuting, this time from DSP Media. Their name? PURETTY
Earlier this year, DSP Media revealed that they would be debuting a new sister group to KARA and Rainbow simultaneously in Korea and Japan.

DSP Media has just dropped more details on their debut along with the unveiling of their group name. Named ‘PURETTY‘ (pronounced as “pretty”), the girls will be debuting in Japan this August ahead of their Korean debut. Their name is a combination of the words ‘pure’ and ‘pretty’.

The group is comprised of five members named Haein (18), Shiyoon, Chaekyung, Somin (16), and Jae-Eun (14). Despite being in the preparation stages for their debut, they’ve already landed CF deals with Nintendo and Whisper.
20210130_dspgirls2.jpg

Alta1r

I see you Yura, I see you.

Unfortunately, I also see your hair. Please go back to this:

SWQF6.jpg

Amen brotha. Brown, longish hair Yura is @_@_@_@_@

o0owp.gif
UyUjL.gif
jiEp3.gif

XLILk.gif

No speedbumps or bipolar weirdness in a few days, Alt. This is some kind of record.

Lol, it's the quiet before the storm. Watch yo back!

Fat dude living the dream...

tumblr_m5i9cpIZg51qepc6qo1_500.gif

Quad who is your new avatar? I thought we had a new junior in here cause I didn't recognize the avy.

Alta1r

US getting so much goddamn love.

The one time I'm not happy about this either.

It seems so obvious doesn't it? NYC for the East, LA for the West, Chicago for fucking everyone else because Chicago is near everything.

COME ON KOREA GET IT TOGETHER!!

Lol, ain't nobody outside California and New York. It's like white people and prairies and Chicago.

Fucking going on a boat cruise to Alaska that I didn't even want to go on and I have to miss that goddamn concert. FUCK

#firstworldproblems

Lol. I'm totally jelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom