• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alta1r

Just noticed last night that (T-ara's) Eunjung's Kpop/horror movie "White" was added to Netflix instant streaming recently. I'd never heard of it, but it's about a Kpop idol group called Pink Dolls and a cursed song called "White" that gets them into all sorts of trouble.

I noticed After School made an appearance at the beginning of the movie, performing "Bang!" on M Countdown before Pink Dolls comes out to perform.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXT486VqIbg

Kuno! Have you made any more remixes/mashups?

tumblr_m5p3vpi8j21qmc5bno1_500.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Like this, yo, like this

ir2kFGaA7cT3B.gif

izUDfbsnec7Ls.gif

Sohee is so good but they're always zooming and panning. :(

edit: covering Thane's repost.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
i067AgKwhgAF7.gif

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

+Reporter Bomi is soooooo pretty but I am still watching this...

Edit: Hahahaha, Hayoung meets the magician.

ibo8sjXwNeEWZN.gif

Solid gold!

Peru

That dude is fucking whatever dude Nana is fucking.

--

The new Momoiro Clover single/MV came out like a week ago. I was so disappointed at first I didn't plan to mention it here at all! But then it grew on me...

I first heard plainness and a generic sound, but now hear nuance and layers. I thought it was weird in the wrong way, not vibrant or loud, just odd: A 7 minute long single with elements of idol music pastiche and not enough tricks up its sleeve. But what it actually is is a gorgeous song that distorts every element just enough to sound fresh and surprising. And when you get familiar with its twists you realize how beautifully it's sewn together.

There's satire here as well, both in the video and the song. The bridge is hilariously long.

Then I found a subbed video, and the wall of meaning and pop culture references hit me too hard. I haven't been able to digest and analyze it yet. But watching the MV with subs is the only way to watch it: http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=K6DW819KNHR3

7387485626_3988fd7594.jpg

Songwriter Yakushimaru, sorry for doubting you.
8286.jpg

--

Pretty great new k-hip hop http://youtu.be/E_WY2_tACH8

The new Momoiro Clover single/MV came out like a week ago. I was so disappointed at first I didn't plan to mention it here at all! But then it grew on me...

I first heard plainness and a generic sound, but now hear nuance and layers. I thought it was weird in the wrong way, not vibrant or loud, just odd: A 7 minute long single with elements of idol music pastiche and not enough tricks up its sleeve. But what it actually is is a gorgeous song that distorts every element just enough to sound fresh and surprising. And when you get familiar with its twists you realize how beautifully it's sewn together.

I prefer it over their last single/mv. Its kind of like a jpop Bohemian Rhapsody.

Ive always found it strange that a lot of jpop songs are over 5 minutes, but when they perform on music shows they abbreviate it to about 2 minutes.

AKB Pamyu Pamyu
5oUaW.jpg

When Big Bang are coming to the US, are they using that band or instrumentals like their Big Shows from 2006-2011? Not feeling the band to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom