• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DXPett1

No one cares about new TVXQ??

ok -___-

tumblr_llzmmxae6Z1qa646f.gif

Peru

I've disliked some of their Japanese releases so I stopped caring about the new ones released in that country. But that's a bit prejudiced so I should check this one out.

Alta1r

This is one of those things.

tumblr_m4d1dpy5SZ1rud1lno1_500.gif

To answer your question, there are different sorts of girls in Korea. Some like girls who challenge stereotypes and have strength and swagger and whatnot, but others like heteronormative styles and cuteness and admire those who attain high levels of what they themselves dream of being like.

That's a pretty general statement about females in the world. In my limited experience here I'd say I've met a lot more of #2 and very few of #1.
But damn if those #2s don't know how to play it just right. Coming from a guy who really doesn't like aegyo.

Goodness...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That's a pretty general statement about females in the world.
It is not because my experience falls a bit short of all the ladies in the world.

Goodness...
Hmmmm, that's my gif but rehosted onto somewhere else on minus. Perhaps it is already making uncredited rounds on tumblr. Not that I'm irritated, I just find it funny that anyone would bother rehosting and reposting rather than use the super easy reblogging feature of the site. Jungah at the top of her game in that MV. Good leader choice.

Alta1r

It really does make her look 40. It's a house wife trying to look stylish, cut. I would barely have even picked it as her.

Actually, my first thought was, why is sal posting gifs of old girls.

Makes her look strange. Maybe not 40 per se but more like frazzled mop. I agree though, definitely older.

xYqdP.gif

Incidentally, there's some ahjumma hair for y'all right there.

No style of hair can hide that ahjumma face!

Alty, have you been to any work 'dinners' yet? Soju and noraebang at 3AM?

Dude. Working in Korea is awesome. No noraebang yet, but free-flowing liquor, good food and English-speaking coworkers that love to have a good time..

Alta1r

There are a couple AILFs. But they rarely get any attention. The team of all female, all 20-25 year old secretaries is where it's at. Half of them are second-lookers, a couple of them are like dayam, and all of them try to be fashionable, i.e. a step or two beyond what would make a boss uncomfortable in the U.S. And I swear it's like that everywhere. Incidentally, they have to submit photos with their resumes, lol. Man, Korea's a great country.

On an unrelated note, I just lifted after a bottle of soju at dinner and IU - MIA Japan orchestra version on repeat. Somehow no decrease in lifts, but a very strange combination.

tumblr_m5wm2liJfV1rt8eu4o1_400.jpg

Edgeward

Hmmmm, that's my gif but rehosted onto somewhere else on minus. Perhaps it is already making uncredited rounds on tumblr. Not that I'm irritated, I just find it funny that anyone would bother rehosting and reposting rather than use the super easy reblogging feature of the site. Jungah at the top of her game in that MV. Good leader choice.

Oops I try not to take from gaf tumblrs. i just rehost them automatically instead of just hot linking them. Sorry bro

Peru

Busker Busker hit and big miss for me but I'm digging that track. Sweet vibes.

宇多田ヒカル ‏@utadahikaru
Love T.Rex (esp The Slider), Cocteau Twins, This Mortal Coil, At The Drive-In, PJ Harvey, Sigur Ros, Led Zeppelin

God damn girl, hitting me with Cocteau Twins and This Mortal Coil. Sweet spot right there.

Fafnir

woot Brunette Goddess~

sS2Cx.jpg

[TRANS] Taeyeon's interview in Elle Girl magazine -- http://bit.ly/NPsvxb

Q: When you first heard about the TTS unit group, did you think the three of you would make a good team? Could you picture the three of you performing?
TAEYEON: At first, I was happy but also taken aback. Because each one of us have our own music styles we adhere to. (laughs) Fortunately, 'Twinkle' suited all of us.

Q: This promotion cycle was a chance for Taeyeon to show off her singing skills again. Were you happy being able to sing to your heart's content? Was it burdensome at all, considering everyone's expectations for 'SNSD's vocal line'?
TAEYEON: Like music is everything I have, I promoted enjoying it to the fullest. It was burdensome because we were promoting as representatives of 'SNSD', but I'm thankful that so many people loved us.

Q: To you, when was Tiffany and Seohyun's most 'Twinkle'-ing moment? Meaning, when they shined the most.
TAEYEON: Tiffany looks so pretty when she's MCing on 'Music Core'. As well as when she speaks English! (laughs) Seohyun shines more than usual when she's wearing flashy jewelry, at an award show, and when she's playing the piano.

Q: Will we be able to see another unit group from SNSD promoting in the future? Is there a unit that you're looking forward to by any chance?
TAEYEON: Our advantage is that, because we have so many members, we can create that many more groups. But I actually haven't thought about any other combinations. I guess I'll think about it starting today.

Q: Before the shoot, I saw you applying base makeup yourself. Do you usually apply makeup yourself?
TAEYEON: I've applied base makeup myself since our debut days. Just because it's fun and comfortable. I have a lot of interest in makeup, and own a lot of products.

Q: When do you like how your face looks the most?
TAEYEON: When I wake up? It's just my opinion!

Q: I'm curious as to what kind of music you've been listening to as of late. Is there a musician you've gained ltos of interest in recently?
TAEYEON: I usually choose music based on my condition that day, regardless of genres. I've been into English singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran, and American, singer The Ready Set, and I've been a fan of Bruno Mars for a while. I like how Bruno oppa's sexy voice carries both sorrow and happiness.

Q: What's your best way of enjoying music?
TAEYEON: When I start the day in the morning, or when I'm cleaning my room, I play exciting electronica music loudly. It gives you energy. When we're moving in the car, or waiting for our next schedule, I always put on my earphones and focus for that short amount of time and listen [to music].

Q: While you're going back and forth overseas, you're bound to bump into foreign stars or musicians. Is there a star that you were really glad to meet?
TAEYEON: We met Avril Lavigne while promoting in Japan. I was really nervous meeting her in person, because she's an artist that I've liked since I was younger. I told her I'm a fan and that, if she gets the chance, if she could write a song for SNSD. She probably would have been taken aback, as it was our first time meeting, but she cooly replied with an 'OK'. (laughs) She could have just said that out of courtesy, but I felt happy.

Q: You could become exhausted both physically and mentally due to constant flights and activities overseas. How are you regulating your condition (/health)?
TAEYEON: I receive massages whenever I get free time. When I want to relieve stress, I also go eat sweet, yummy foods with my members.

Q: SNSD members have been doing individual activities in various areas lately. As the leader, and fellow group member, was there a member who had a talent that surprised you?
TAEYEON: Because we've known each other for so long, we know each other really well. Just as I thought, my members are always the best at their own positions. They're all so good [at what they do] that I can't pick one person.

Q: Do you tell your family or people around you that you love them often?
TAEYEON: I don't think I express those things well. But when I suddenly really do want to say it, I do.

Q: If there was a personality trait, tendency, or preference you have that you could change, what would it be?
TAEYEON: When something happens, I keep the worst case scenario in mind, so I feel I lack in optimism. I want to be a bit more optimistic. On the other hand, because I think of the worst case scenario, there is the upside that I can handle whatever problem calmly.

Q: What's the most rewarding thing you've achieved as SNSD?
TAEYEON: SNSD's solo Asia tour concert, our Japan tour concert, and appearin gon the American talk show 'Letterman Show'!

Q: Do you believe in destiny? Do you think of you being a member of SNSD, gaining this immense amount of love from all over the world as coincidence, luck, or destiny?
TAEYEON: I believe it to a certain extent. I think me becoming a member of SNSD is destiny, and receving so much love from all over the world is luck.

Q: Is there a person or incident that gets you excited lately? Right now, what's a thought that makes you happiest?
TAEYEON: This question itself is making me excited. (laughs) An incident would be TTS's unit activities, a thing would be [my] car, and people, our fans. And my heart flutters and I feel happiest when thinking about what or who I may encounter in the future.

ryan-ts

Desperate for attention, I guess? I suppose I can't blame them, since it's not like anyone cares about them.

Nice name, too. Not like there's been any songs released lately called 'Mama'...

Whatever, that song is gonna be some hot shit. That whistle is going to be stuck in my head forever.

Peru

Yeah that song was one of the GREATEST of last year and then she got worse for each single. Baffling. Agency blind to her strengths and the positive response to that sassy quirky debut performance.

Fafnir

Bangs + brown haired Taeyeon = better than her blonde look.

True story.

Goddess was best blonde in Soshi...make that kpop as I can't think of any other idol looking good blonde, but I prefer brunette myself. I'd like to see Hyoyeon go back to brunette, I think she looked the best during Japanese Genie.
v5yjQ.jpg

Yamato will be back on the 23rd...

@Altair- I bet the women are throwing themselves at you. "Why can't I hold all these Korean girls?!?!?!" lol

OMFG IM DYING HERE!!! I LOVE WHISTLING

TURN your speaks to MAX then play it! you have the sweet catchy whistling then 20 seconds BOOM the backing track kicks in!! this song is so DAMN GOOD! MY EARS!!! CANT TAKE IT

iYrV39k1GuSmM.gif

Idk if you're trolling with the whistling, but that gif is one of the best things I've ever seen posted here. Eunjunggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Chesskid1

Banned
Idk if you're trolling with the whistling, but that gif is one of the best things I've ever seen posted here. Eunjunggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

no trolling here, been obsessed with russian roulette and troublemaker and they both feature light whistlign, then this gang kiz songs comes and it's perfect. the whistling, the track, it's just so damn catchy/fun. i love it. im a gang kiz fan now, give it a few listens.

also you should watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GL9UBJa8Kk

pretty much the hottest fancam of eunjung i've seen. jiyeon looks so good @ end, sadly no fancams of her, they all look so good in those outfits.

luso

Voting is near staling now.
If it stays like this I will end it sooner.

I know at least 2 users didn't voted yet, they are not posting lately.

If anyone didn't, vote now!

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

Categories:

MUSIC AWARDS
Best Album/Mini-album
Best song
Best MV

ARTISTS AWARDS
Best Debut
Best Solo Artist (male/female)
Best Group - Male
Best Group - Female

IDOL AWARDS
Best fan-service (individual or groups)
Hottest Idol (female or male)
Revelation award
and
Special Goddess Award

Vote here
(submit at the end of page)

Need help to choose?
MV/Songs/Debut list

no trolling here, been obsessed with russian roulette and troublemaker and they both feature light whistlign, then this gang kiz songs comes and it's perfect. the whistling, the track, it's just so damn catchy/fun. i love it. im a gang kiz fan now, give it a few listens.

also you should watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GL9UBJa8Kk

pretty much the hottest fancam of eunjung i've seen. jiyeon looks so good @ end, sadly no fancams of her, they all look so good in those outfits.

Good golly, that was a fancam
though the best parts were when Soyeon made appearances (my extreme bias)
. Thanks x100000 for sharing.

And I like the Gang Kiz track too. The whistling was a perfect draw for me! Your hyperbole had me concerned you were trolling for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom