• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

Vote here
(submit at the end of page)

Here are my votes. The next poll should have the option to add your own pick at the category instead of at the bottom. Some of my selections are blank so you have to check the special mentions for my votes.

Best Album:
1. Miryo - I like every song on her album, still rock it every once in awhile. Why it's not a choice is baffling.
20120126_seoulbeats_miryo4_beg.jpg

2. TaeTiSeo Twinkle - Yes I'm a Taengoddess/Soshi stan, anything the Goddess does, I love.
SnomD.gif

3. f(x) Electric Shock - Currently listening to this album for my kpop fix.
11291-g3z68cfao4.jpg

Best Song:
1. TaeTiSeo Library - They should have promoted this song as well to get some extra mileage, but I ain't even mad because I still have my weekly Taengoddess fix on Music Core.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2VHAQysqt0

2. Miryo I Love You, I Love You ft. Sunny - Do I like it because of Sunny or like it even more because of Sunny?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWjRB9SmMss

3. Ailee Heaven - Heard this while I was in Korea, fell in love with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9ro1KjkJMg

Best MV:
1. Tara Lovey Dovey - I'll give the Pedobear President props for doing something different than the standard kpop MV for his main money makers.
tumblr_m4orwcw44A1qlsbs8.gif

2. TaeTiSeo Twinkle - Taengoddess.
tcmqz.gif

3. Big Bang Blue - Lens flare and I like Taeyang's little solo part.
EyjoI.gif
mOBjq.gif

Best Solo Artist:
1. IU - I'm not a huge fan as the rest of GAF as I'm not a ballad fan and I just can't stan over a girl that just graduated high school, but I definitely see the appeal she has. She's talented, fearless, and has that "invincible youth" where she just can't do anything wrong right now.
q762I.gif

2. Miryo - It's too bad she really didn't get too much shelf life for her solo. I always wonder if they would have promoted I Love Youx2 with Sunny if SONE's would have ensured she won a music show.
83434345_miryo_mv.jpg

3. JYP - Dude continues to stay relevant. I still crack up whenever I think about him doing the hammer dance on Dream High.
b3fc4361a095d4de61a5eb538638f2d31327540995_full.jpg

Best Male Group: - I don't really care for the dudes except BB and 2PM so I just picked who I recognized.
1. Big Bang
2. CN Blue - I like their First Step album, have no idea if another one came out after.
3. Infinite - Can't name a single song they do, but the fangirls loved them at Dream Concert.

Best Female Group:
1. TaeTiSeo - was there any doubt?
2. T-ara - They seem to be following the path of Soshi but in their own style, too bad their CEO is crazy.
3. 4Minute - The other girls need to step up their game if they want me to learn their names.

Fanservice:
T-ara, IU, and Min for using twitter.

TaenGoddess:
6btyO.jpg

Kuno

Another page, another reminder:

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

Just voted in this, but a lot of my favorite songs from the last few months weren't available:

Sunny Hill - The Grasshopper Song
Brave Girls - Nowadays You
Big Bang - Bad Boy
Miryo - Party Rock
Dal Shabet - Many Boys
Sistar - No Mercy
Electroboyz - Should I Laugh or Cry

Ah well, I'm still interested to see the results!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Before there weren't as many, but this year so many kpop groups are releasing Japanese-exclusive stuff, there should be a separate best album and best song category for Japanese releases by kpop people in our year-end vote.

Agreed. I've enjoyed pretty much everything from them thus far.

Gave Flashback a listen, no real verdict yet. Hype for the MV though.

I'm a little behind on the thread but here's Krystal own opening pitch attempt.
Krystal clearly the ace between the two sisters lol

http://youtu.be/u4sO0bSJOVU

We all saw this coming.

2Aozl.jpg

48lj8.jpg

zMc1E.jpg

?????????????????

SyjT8.jpg

Let's find the video.

ixssOjQFX5iol.gif

Sooyeon vs Soojung

iLme3GHgyv5wu.jpg

ihrzxqPfvnaxo.jpg

iMjVrUFBPpWsm.gif
iLvPq5miFYaP5.gif

Krystal has the advantage in getting it over the plate and at least looking somewhat competent. While Jessica has the advantage in looking like a complete fool and getting on sports channels around the world.

Tenck

Okay.. listened to it. Not sure what to think yet tbh. Also, Nana's solo song: Her English sounds like... English? Not Engrish, damn O_O

Here's the mv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0IKUhydr_8

I really like this song. Every single girl looked fantastic too!! I liked Nana the most though. I love her legs *_*

The MV itself is pretty weird though. Don't like the use of guns in any MV.

Edit: Gave it a second listen and I absolutely love the song.

Selane

Hello Venus fancam

LOL at the chants. OOOOoooooooOOOooooOOooo

Oh my godddd they performed the full version of Hello. Awesome! Plus Lime has a tiny ponytail thing in the back of her hair, which is even more awesome.

Also, seeing those comments about figure skating almost tempted me to post some really inappropriate pics of Krystal from that figure skating show she was on...

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Oh my godddd they performed the full version of Hello. Awesome! Plus Lime has a tiny ponytail thing in the back of her hair, which is even more awesome.

Also, seeing those comments about figure skating almost tempted me to post some really inappropriate pics of Krystal from that figure skating show she was on...
make
a
tumblrrrrrrrr

Tenck

What a tease.

W_Dreamer

Invincible Youth continues to get better. Last one was entertaining the whole way, Hyomin and Sunhwa providing a lot of entertainment and didnt allow for silence and awkwardness. They handled their guest appearance like a goddamn boss. Not a lot of sunbyung screen time, but it didn't hurt the show.

Didn't even mind when they brought out the jar game, again. But that seems to be a staple now so okay. The MCs really go after Yewon a lot recently, a real trooper to take all that with a laugh and smile. But she ends up getting a lot of the focus now and is the most entertaining, so she must take solace in that.

Ep27 really felt like oldschool IY1. All the girls gelled together along with the guests and they seemed to have a lot of fun together - nothing forced.

I was totally cracking up during the introductions and they need some red-pepper-paste comp for season2 where Yewon deserves to be in the top3 for votes.

Sequence-09_1.gif

Wortany

Sunny ♥

Ep27 really felt like oldschool IY1. All the girls gelled together along with the guests and they seemed to have a lot of fun together - nothing forced.

I was totally cracking up during the introductions and they need some red-pepper-paste comp for season2 where Yewon deserves to be in the top3 for votes.

Sequence-09_1.gif

Ooh where are you getting the subs from? And is the quality somewhat decent?
I've been waiting on Soshisubs but they do take a very very long time.

Okay.. listened to it. Not sure what to think yet tbh. Also, Nana's solo song: Her English sounds like... English? Not Engrish, damn O_O

Here's the mv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0IKUhydr_8

edit: thanks to fiddle (lizzy)
http://i.minus.com/ibrRcK5IItifoX.gif

Love it. Though I can see why people wouldn't like it.

The song is catchy, and the concept is succeeding in being sexy. Everyone is looking hot as hell in motion, though Lizzy and Jooyeon really steal the show imo. I may have faltered for a moment, but as it turns out, even Jooyeon looks better without straight bangs. Fuck you bangsGAF!

Gotta admit, I am really loving the lack of Kahi. At first I was disappointed by her leaving, despite my personal opinion of her. She was a pretty central figure in the group, and brought alot to the table. But the result so far? Instead of Kahi we get:
more Lizzy
more Jooyeon
more Jungah
more Nana

What's not to love?

i2l2tuaJxHuA7.gif

Eyeline is alright. Rest of the album seems somewhat boring so far.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
did alot of driving today so I got to listen to Flashback/Eyeline a buuuunch of times. I love it >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom