• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

Winners: http://gyao.yahoo.co.jp/vmaj2012/nominee/

SNSD won ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Most reasonable awards ever.

One great album, a deserved win.

Next categories I'll just post the full results except for best song and album, otherwise it will take a week posting the winners.

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

BEST MV
2nd: Big Bang - “Fantastic Baby”
3rd: Girls' Generation-TTS - "Twinkle"

BEST SOLO ARTIST
2nd: Miryo (BEG)
3rd: Ailee

BEST DEBUT
2nd: SPICA
3rd: Hello Venus

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
yessssssssssss

TxBLn.jpg

Tenck

Please. Soo's legs are the the size of my arms. She's got about two good years of her teef left before that enamel damage catches up. Better move quick Tenck!

You have to understand, I am oblivious to every other K Pop artist (well not really, but she's my absolute favorite).

I can without a doubt say that Eunjung beats Soo's legs though. I don't think we can disagree here.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hey luso a little birdie told me that multiple people didn't vote because they didn't want to vote Taeyeon as goddess. These clearly deranged individuals would not like to identify themselves, most-likely because they realize their heresy. Nevertheless, they wouldn't like to miss a second vote due to their psychosis and kindly request that you remove that part.

Always been a big fan of SNSDs choreography. I love the way they twine in and around each other. Compare it to Nine Muses - News for example, and you can see a pretty significant difference imo. Alot more of simply walking around each other. I seem to remember a guy complaining about having 9 members not leaving alot of room for choreography when Paparazzi first came out, and I was like WTF. Forgot to reply though. SNSDs choreography might not be as in your face impressive as the clip someone posted of those two girls that are in a group which haven't debuted yet, but there's beauty in subletly as well imo.
Everything he said. Nine Muses, and Rainbow tend to be two of the biggest culprits in that.

Any web experts here need to find us the various Perfume performances.
Here's one http://youtu.be/XOhNV2upiFo
Need solos.
Haven't had a chance to watch any of the broadcast yet (only now getting caught up on 2GB of SNSD Music Station), but for starters...

http://cfile7.uf.tistory.com/media/196B10444FE5FC6A01CF65

1402CF414FE5597B2447BD

Special Goddess Award:

ieHv7OQIMybhC.png

Unanimous result, feels good to know that everyone agrees :)
No competition here...

Anyway next time I can list more names to choose
(Taengoo, TaeTae, ByunTae, KidLeader)
Not like it was rigged, or anything.

1337A34B4FE47E5A0E86E2

Jung Ah. Powerful enough to make Uee look more attractive, and less like a tarted up cyborg.

kick.jpg

OMG, Sooyoung's leg... O_O
11733D384FE59675271A56

Just got back from the MBC london kpop concert thing. Here's a quick summary..
In terms of performance the ranking is as follows...

1) Norazo - they completed owned the crowd. They got a far bigger reaction than they do on the korean music shows ive seen.

2) 4Minute - they performed: Volume Up, Mirror Mirror, Huh and Hot Issue. A workman like performance, technically good but not much audience interaction. They had no backing dancers, but the lighting and background video were far better than United Cube london. Vocally they were better than their United Cube London performance too.

3)Exo-K - Three songs with very tight dancing. First two songs were completely mimed and with the final song 'Mama' one member was singing out of sync with the backing vocals. The crowd of girls went nuts over them though. Beast pisses over them live from a great height.

There were several traditional korean music acts there (quite odd, but the crowd liked it) and a hanbok fashion show with Jihyun, Jiyoon and Sohyun from 4minute. There were some european fans dancing to various kpop songs on stage - even E.Via's 'Shake' but they crowd went silent to that.

I was going to buy Volume Up after the show but they were charging £20 for a cd or £30 for 2 cds. Sod that.

Before the concert a chinese girl offered me £100 to swap tickets with her but i refused.

filler

Banned
Watched the Alice in Wonderland episode of RM. It was pretty great, but as noted before- when you get BoA for the first time on this type of show, why not put her squarely at the cenre of the action?

BoA... BoA.. you're my number 1, for ever. I would devote my life to you. I have a feeling you don't like guys that way but in that case I could be best guy or something, a loyal butler.

We only saw small traces of it in the episode, but you can run. That evasive move vs Julien Kang. Textbook stuff. I would love to see you own people with your athleticism.

BOA YOU'RE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE LOOKS LIKE A LOSER COMPARED TO YOU BOA YOU'RE ON ANOTHER LEVEL BOA YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD EVERYtHING FADES WHEN YOU'RE AROUND BOA BOA BOA BOA

BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA BOA

I just wanted to quote this once again. It's far and away the best post Peru(askbask) has ever made in all our years posting on messageboards together. It also proves that women are funny.

RubyFaith

Virtual waves and awkward glances to the ones who greeted me.

tumblr_ltq5vm2x5N1qe65h9o1_500.gif

Now where the midget stans at?

Or the ones who slightly appreciate her...?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Inkigayo in 1 hour and 30 minutes and MTV VMAJ's right after :O Click to go to the stream:

luso

Hey luso a little birdie told me that multiple people didn't vote because they didn't want to vote Taeyeon as goddess. These clearly deranged individuals would not like to identify themselves, most-likely because they realize their heresy. Nevertheless, they wouldn't like to miss a second vote due to their psychosis and kindly request that you remove that part.

The argument is invalid.
I'll post the results, the ones who didn't vote can reply with their own choices in the thread. They can help then on the close calls.

Moving on:

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

BEST MV
1. T-ara - "Lovey-Dovey" 84
2. Big Bang - “Fantastic Baby” 67
3. Girls' Generation-TTS - "Twinkle" 58
4. 4Minute - “Volume Up” 50
5. Girl's Day - "Oh! My God" 44
Miryo - "Dirty" 26
Dal Shabet - "Mr. BangBang" 22
EXO - "History" 17
A Pink - "Hush Hush" 16
Big Bang - "Monster" 13
F(x) - "Electric Shock" 8
Infinite - “Chaser” 5
Ivy - "Torn Heart" 5
Sunny Hill - "Princess and Prince Charming" 3
JYP - "Someone Else” ft. Gain 1
A-Jax - "Never Let Go" 0

The following MVs were included in special mentions:
Alone - Sistar
Bad Boy - Big Bang
Love Style - Boyfriend
Russian Roulette - SPICA
Sherlock - SHINee
Ticket - 9 muses
UFO - Stellar

The voting distribution. 1st row is blank votes.
i9yhfm0aG7CMW.png
ibddzwV5lYfC1a.png
ibzGyzs1s2gCyk.png

So Lovey-Dovey is the winner. Seems drama MVs are worthy. Girls Day "Oh! My God" did better than expected. Wished Ivy's "Thorn Heart" had more recognition. Twinlke MV is a feast for you eyes (and there's Taengoo) deserves to be on top places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom