• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabuto

if only that were true :(

299926_557363863301_1049804938_n.jpg

what am I seeing?

Oreoleo

what am I seeing?

The result of a rollover accident while wearing a seat belt. Specifically, a plate in my wrist and a rod inside the bone of my upper arm.

It would have been much, much worse if I wasn't wearing a seat belt.

Wear your seat belts kids, even if it isn't the law.

Alta1r

The result of a rollover accident while wearing a seat belt. Specifically, a plate in my wrist and a rod inside the bone of my upper arm.

Do you have issues at the airport?

Oreoleo

Do you have issues at the airport?

Presumably I will, but I haven't been through one yet since the accident so I couldn't say for sure. I guess there is a card you can get to show security? But if it ever comes down to it I'll just roll up my sleeve and show them the nasty scar on my arm and leave it to them to figure it out.

I'm assuming they've been taken out by now. otherwise lots of explaining to do! lol

Uhh no dude that shit doesn't come out, ever. Would be nice though.

--
And so I don't seem like such a Me Monster, here's some pics of Miryo lookin' fine:

Fafnir

It's an Asian thing. I dunno about Japan, but I do know that seatbelts aren't really mandated like it is in the US or any 1st world country. In the Philippines for example, if you can fit 6 people or more in a car for only 5 passengers the police aren't gonna complain. Hell when I went there this summer, my sis and mom were sitting on the front passenger seat and we passed a bunch of security checkpoints and cops and again no one complained about it.

Funny, must be an Asian thing. I almost never wear a seatbelt in the back, even in Korean cabs which I personally don't think they drive too crazy. Chinese or Japanese cabs I'm fearing for my life, Japanese because they drive on the wrong side of the road and Chinese because they really are impatient crazy drivers.

Shitty about the Secret car accident, but to try and spin it positive, usually after idol car accidents a string of good luck occurs.

BoA solo concert, I really need to try and move back to Korea, missing out on all the good shit.
SMTOWN GLOBAL ‏@SMTOWNGLOBAL

Tickets for @BoAkwon's first solo concert in Korea 'BoA Special Live 2013 ~ Here I Am ~' on Jan. 26 will go on sale at 8PM (KOR) on Dec. 20

n4NtB.gif

I've been in some pretty big accidents including rear-ending someone at around 40mph, and being passenger in a car that lost control in the rain and drove into a highway median at about 50mph. In both cases had I not been wearing my seatbelt I probably would have been ejected from my car and killed. You have to be a complete moron not to wear a seatbelt. I have to say though, sometimes when getting into an unfamiliar car and going on a short drive I sometimes forget to put it on unless I am in the front seat. In modern cars you can pretty much hit anything head on at 55mph and walk away from the accident completely unscathed.

Ashhong

Just to share my own story, I walked away completely scratchless from an accident where my car rolled down a hill twice, landing back on it's wheels. I had my seatbelt on which no doubt saved my life.

Ashhong

Oh yea, I forgot alot of the cars in Korea have some kind of camera nowadays. Did I see the car do a fucking front flip down the hill though? Goddamn. I rolled over sideways, I feel like front flip is way worse.

Oreoleo

Did anyone post this yet?

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/yg-e...op-10-spots-for-most-viewed-k-pop-mvs-of-2012

TOP 10 as of December 10th:
1. Psy – “Gangnam Style” 925,621,474 views (YG Entertainment)
2. Psy ft. Hyuna – “Oppa You’re My Style” – 186,474,756 views (YG Entertainment)
3. Big Bang – “Fantastic Baby” – 54,564,812 views (YG Entertainment)
4. f(x) – “Electric Shock” – 36,200,745 views (SM Entertainment)
5. Taetiseo – “Twinkle” – 31,939,213 views (SM Entertainment)
6. Big Bang – “Blue” – 31,753,570 views (YG Entertainment)
7. Hyuna – “Ice Cream” – 27,50,865 views (Cube Entertainment)
8. Big Bang – “Bad Boy” – 26,207,699 views (YG Entertainment)
9. Big Bang – “Monster” – 24,964,245 views (YG Entertainment)
10. 2NE1 – “I Love You” – 20,633,036 views (YG Entertainment)

Can't believe that stupid Hyuna version of Gangnam is #2. Puts in to perspective how little exposure kpop as a whole has to a global audience.

Just to share my own story, I walked away completely scratchless from an accident where my car rolled down a hill twice, landing back on it's wheels. I had my seatbelt on which no doubt saved my life.

It was weird, I was able to stand up and walk away from the accident. It wasn't until I tried to dig my phone out of my pocket that I realized something was up. I told the officer on the scene it felt like my shoulder was dislocated and just needed to be popped back in, never would have guessed my arm was broken in 4 places. Collapsed lung too! Adrenaline is a crazy thing.

luso

Someone caught footage of the accident :(

http://youtu.be/nV6uPENa_KI

Seems that excessive speed contributed a lot for the accident.

Soshi comeback in January, MBC preparing a special show just for the comeback. MBC cut a lot of their shows this past month, even YJS's Come To Play, wonder if they were making room for a variety show just for Soshi.

http://soshified.com/2012/12/girls-...-january-mbc-to-produce-special-comeback-show

New album better be a one syllable title song and Soshi dancing in a box video
I wouldn't want it any other way!

fuckyeah.gif

Box video for sure :(
Otherwise tons of photos would start to appear. Think about Big Bang in NY.

Also is not officially confirmed it will be in January.
They would have 1 month only of promotions. And it's an album, not just a mini-album.
After Japanese tour would be better but would mean new soshi only in May.

Poll results
T-ara in second? No... Sistar/Kara/Miss A should be the second best.
Didn't expected Afterschool/OC in first which a such margin. I'm ok with the order.
Nine Muses expected (and deserved) win for 3rd tier.
Crayon Pop. Marketing had its effects. SPICA or Exid are at least on top.
GangKiz? Their song could be catchy but besides that there's nothing else.
Lay.T is synonymous of Camel Toe.
Solo acts, I'm ok with the order.

Tenck

Um what?

Sistar has.....no one. Kara only has Jiyoung and Gyuri. Miss A only has Fei and Suzy. T ara has Soyeon, Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Hyomin. All who are/were immensely popular. Some of you have to move on from the bullying incident.

Edit: The bully thing is a joke Luso. Just throwing that out there before you reply.

luso

Um what?

Sistar has.....no one. Kara only has Jiyoung and Gyuri. Miss A only has Fei and Suzy. T ara has Soyeon, Eunjung, Jiyeon, and Hyomin. All who are/were immensely popular. Some of you have to move on from the bullying incident.

Edit: The bully thing is a joke Luso. Just throwing that out there before you reply.

It's not the bullying thing. They had some relevance during the first months of the year but besides that not much else. Their July(?) comeback was unimpressive.
Sistar had a good year all-around. Miss A during first semester was also very good, a little less during second half.

Chesskid1

Banned
It's not the bullying thing. They had some relevance during the first months of the year but besides that not much else. Their July(?) comeback was unimpressive.
Sistar had a good year all-around. Miss A during first semester was also very good, a little less during second half.

did you vote for SNSD?

damn i didn't get to vote. i thought it would be running at least a week, should of paid more attention.

for best 2012 i would of voted for sistar, they killed it, had two of the best songs for girl groups and i loved both (and the unpromoted lead me was on my playlist all year). t-ara had the biggest tho w/ lovey dovey, but they didnt have the best year overall, dbd and sl didn't live up to their extraordinary high standards but still pretty good i suppose.

volume up was one of my favorite songs of this year, poor 4minute /w the 0 votes. song was so good, too bad they weren't more active.

i guess i really didn't care much for miss a's releases and hard to kara about kara when they are in japan 10 months out of the year (don't care about japan releases tbh).

i vote mainly based on music. if i voted only based on idols, sistar not even up there at all. feel like there should be music related votes and idol related votes in these type of awards because i'm conflicted of which one to weigh more sometimes if it's not spelled out for me.

hoping for nana ren interaction.
↓ ↓ ↓

vanty

Even ignoring the bullying stuff T-ara have had a totally shit year since Lovey Dovey finished up.

I liked Loving U more than Alone.
I couldn't even sit through the video of Loving U since the song was so goddam boring. Alone in comparison is one of the best kpop songs of the year easily.

giri

Um what?

Uhh? We'll just pretend Hara, Nicole and Min are all dead then? and T-ara would want to have more (by number) popular members, they're a much larger group.

And Kara really didn't promote in Korea except for Pandora. And whilst Pandora was awesome, the rest of that mini was pure crap.

T-ara did give us the best comeback of the year tho.

Alta1r

Soshi comeback in January, MBC preparing a special show just for the comeback. MBC cut a lot of their shows this past month, even YJS's Come To Play, wonder if they were making room for a variety show just for Soshi.

http://soshified.com/2012/12/girls-...-january-mbc-to-produce-special-comeback-show

New album better be a one syllable title song and Soshi dancing in a box video
I wouldn't want it any other way!

5WvgS.gif

Awwwww yeeeeaaahhhh!! All is right in the Kpop world again. And I'm down for a MV in a box.

To all the managers out there with netizens to impress
It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Put Soshi in that box
3: Make them watch the box
And that's the way you do it

Hell yeah. Sexy Love too good. And Day by Day. And Lovey Dovey. And Don't Leave. And Keep Out jap. edition. T-ara got more songs into my rotation than the other groups on the list combined.

But, I still voted for Soshi. ;)

J/K, I voted for T-ara.

tumblr_mervpzcnaK1r16otgo1_r1_500.png

Tenck

Uhh? We'll just pretend Hara, Nicole and Min are all dead then? and T-ara would want to have more (by number) popular members, they're a much larger group.
[/URL]

Let's not even act like Nicole and Min are that popular. We're talking about girls here who most people don't even talk much about. Off the top of my head I can only think of one person who stans Min. Nicole? No one. As for Hara, she's got bunch of criticism for her awful bangs.

Edit: By popular I mean here on Gaf, since we're the ones who voted.

Edit 2: Just replace Gyuri with Hara from the post you quoted. I can only think of Salazar who's shows some serious support for her. off to bed now.

Inkblot

Could someone help with distilling the best/important boy group stuff? Like 5 - 10 songs? The OP has so much, it's intimidating

I really only care about female groups, I'd like to be at least a little informed about the dudes for talking to the yojas

ryan-ts

OC should be dropped a few places.
...but then Lizzy redeemed them

tumblr_mcyr2p9i7O1rpafedo6_250.gif

Orange Caramel feat. Nu'est digital single coming soon:
Can't wait. Could it be some sort of Christmas song? That would be too good.

edit: My K-Pop Christmas song that's not really a Christmas song

tumblr_lu904nRjNP1r3k0i9o1_500.gif

Could someone help with distilling the best/important boy group stuff? Like 5 - 10 songs? The OP has so much, it's intimidating
SHINee - Ring Ding Dong, Juliette, Lucifer
BEAST - Fiction, Beautiful Night, Shock
TVXQ - Mirotic, Catch Me, Humanoids
Big Bang - Haru Haru, Lies, Bad Boy

I went to 12, couldn't stop myself

Holy fucking shit. Secret are lucky to be alive.

http://youtu.be/fAo6kfZE0jE

@____________@

Secret's car was pretty much going twice as fast as this car and everyone else on the road. And it didn't even look like the driver hit the brakes!

To all the managers out there with netizens to impress
It's easy to do just follow these steps
1: Cut a hole in a box
2: Put Soshi in that box
3: Make them watch the box
And that's the way you do it

LOL. Somebody needs to make a music video out of this.

Off the top of my head I can only think of one person who stans Min.

Hi! :3

Fun fact... the only reason why this song sounds like a Christmas song is because the chord changes and rhythms are almost exactly the same as Wham's Last Christmas and there's something that sounds like a bell. If they took the bells out and changed the rhythm, it wouldn't sound like Last Christmas at all.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hyeriiiii! <3333

(click it for large version)

ij3oZdLMmxKMl.gif

(sorry, large for this would be 30mb)

They're from here. She was so pro in this, so expressive, playing on Lizzy's level.

2San

That's awesome, thanks for putting links
Try some Super Junior as well:
Sorry Sorry
It's you

Giving the dance version since, they're better then the actual vids. >_>

Some JYJ:
Get out
In Heaven

DBSK aka TVXQ(pretty much the biggest k-pop group) broke up and went on to be TVXQ and JYJ. This is the same group Ryan-TS mentions. In Mirotic you can see all 5 together.

The biggest male soloist imo is pretty much Rain(Inactive atm since he's in the Army):
Love Song
Love Story
Rainism

ryan-ts

Fun fact... the only reason why this song sounds like a Christmas song is because the chord changes and rhythms are almost exactly the same as Wham's Last Christmas and there's something that sounds like a bell. If they took the bells out and changed the rhythm, it wouldn't sound like Last Christmas at all.

All this time I thought the Wonder Girls had managed to capture the Christmas spirit... they were just reminding me of George Michael.

tumblr_lseoob598I1qia0fb.gif

Cuddler

Holy fucking shit. Secret are lucky to be alive.

http://youtu.be/fAo6kfZE0jE
WTF was the driver thinking?

Try some Super Junior as well:
Sorry Sorry
It's you

Giving the dance version since, they're better then the actual vids. >_>

Thanks 2San :) I was about to post about Super Junior, you linked the normal video of Sorry Sorry, this is the only dance one. To add to them, if you like dance songs Super Junior - Mr Simple, if you like more melodic songs Super Junior - Sorry Sorry Answer. If you like really good singers and a more rnb/melodic/ballad sound listen to 2BiC, they are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom