• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Epic resolution Fany pics

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

What. the. hell... saw the update and holy shit. That is ridiculously scary.

And to those saying to wear seatbelts, the best it can do is to lessen the blow. They fell into a ditch after hitting black ice... you could be Ayrton Senna or Michael Schumacher and an ice patch would still send you to your doom. The only option to avoid black ice is to stay the hell away from it.

Man, poor Zinger. Hope the rest don't have major injuries.

2San

So many car accidents with idols. I know there are a lot of them running about but it still seems high. Be careful, y'all.
Korea has a lot of car accidents in general from what I understand.

edit: I'm from the Netherlands though so most countries have a high accident rate compared to mine.
Damn Hyosung and Zinger seriously injured. :\

edit2: Ah just Zinger with the serious injuries, that makes it slightly better. As it stands it seems nothing they can't recover from.

Pendulum

SECRET's agency made a statement.

TS Entertainment has confirmed to allkpop that SECRET‘s van had slipped on the snow and flipped over.

As reported, the girls were traveling to Jamshil and the van they were in hit an icy patch and slipped on a curvy road, slamming into the right guard rail and flipped over. All the members were moved immediately to the emergency room at a nearby hospital. Unlike the previous report that stated Hyosung was severely injured, it was Zinger who suffered the worst injuries with fractured ribs and a bruised lung. The rest of the members and the manager who was driving suffered light injuries and bruises, and were released from the hospital.

TS Entertainment said, “The top priority is for the members’ health“, expressing that SECRET’s activities will be altered according to the members’ health conditions.

TheChits

oh my god :(

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/breaking-secret-involved-in-a-car-accident-hyosung-seriously-injured

The girls were in a car in Seoul, Yanghwado at around 2AM KST in the morning of the 11th. The car crashed into the guard rail, injuring 5 people.

Member Hyosung was seriously injured and was immediately taken to the hospital. The other members are also injured and currently being treated in the hospital, but the severity of their injury is not yet known.

The police is currently investigating the accident through witnesses.

Wow this is awful. Poor Zinger :(
Guess I'll be bumping Amazinger today

luso

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/12/breaking-secret-involved-in-a-car-accident-hyosung-seriously-injured

The girls were in a car in Seoul, Yanghwado at around 2AM KST in the morning of the 11th. The car crashed into the guard rail, injuring 5 people.

Member Hyosung was seriously injured and was immediately taken to the hospital. The other members are also injured and currently being treated in the hospital, but the severity of their injury is not yet known.

Damn!
"Only" Zinger truly injured, I hope she can recovery well even if promotions halt indefinitely. At least they don't have KKS as a boss.

By the way, any poll results?

neoism

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Zinger who suffered the worst injuries with fractured ribs and a bruised lung
16x16_smiley-sad.gif

reeeeeaally glad Sunhwa is ok

giri

And to those saying to wear seatbelts, the best it can do is to lessen the blow

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Seatbelts are designed to stop you from getting thrown about the cabin, or out the front window, during a crash. And also to not slam into other people.

People can and do get hurt from the seat belt it self, but they suffer far worse injuries if they aren't wearing it.

I assume the idols don't wear it because they are so often sleeping in the cars that it's uncomfortable.

Either way, :( thats just unlucky. The accident it self was almost unavoidable, hitting black ice like that is just bad luck as much as anything else.

This sucks, as they were just about to do another come back, oh well, hopefully they let her rest and heal properly.

Conceptor

oh god :(

Zinger :(

i'm just glad it didn't turn out worse..

However, TS Entertainment expressed, “Zinger is still in the hospital after she received the treatment she needed. Her condition is not so serious where people need to be overly concerned. She is still at the hospital because she is waiting further examination from a professional in the morning.”

They added, “We apologize because we’ve caused such worry in the early morning. We’re still looking into the details of the accident.”

Pendulum

Looks terrible. I expected worse from reading the initial article.

Yeah. TS is also clarifying the initial "serious" reports.

TS Entertainment expressed, “Zinger is still in the hospital after she received the treatment she needed. Her condition is not so serious where people need to be overly concerned. She is still at the hospital because she is waiting further examination from a professional in the morning.”

Edit: Con-cept-ooooooooor

Kuno

jbo46n7re77AMs.png

We had 48 responders in all. Here are all the results, along with a short comment on each category.
Thanks for voting!!

Tier 1 Female group of the Year
These are the elite females of Kpop

• 1. Girls' Generation / GG-TTS (13 votes)
    2. T-ara (11 votes)
    3. SISTAR (10 votes)
    4. Kara (5 votes)
    5. Miss A (4 votes)
    6. 2NE1 (2 votes)
    6. Secret (2 votes)
    7. f(x) (1 vote)
    9. 4minute (0 votes)
    9. Wonder Girls (0 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
T-ara was actually winning in the early voting, but SNSD pulled it out in the end. Pretty close vote though. Maybe a little shocking that SISTAR trounced Kara by a healthy margin.

Tier 2 Female group of the Year
These are the groups that we love, but haven't reached elite status just yet

• 1. Afterschool / Orange Caramel (25 votes)
    2. Girl's Day (9 votes)
    3. A Pink (6 votes)
    4. Dal Shabet (4 votes)
    5. Rainbow / Rainbow Pixie (2 votes)
    6. Sunny Hill (2 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
This was no contest, with Afterschool/OC getting 52% of the vote. Girl's Day was a distant second.

Tier 3 Female group of the Year
These groups have been around for over a year, but haven't made a massive impact. Let's keep cheering them on!

• 1. Nine Muses (26 votes)
    2. Brave Girls (8 votes)
    3. RaNia (6 votes)
    4. Jewelry (5 votes)
    5. CHI CHI (3 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
Another lopsided victory, this time for Nine Muses. Hard to argue with a plethora of hot females to look at and consistently catchy singles. Hopefully they can make some strides forward in 2013 at full nine-member strength.

Tier 1 Rookie group of the Year
These rookies have made a big splash this year, or were Kpop-GAF favorites. Choose one!

• 1. Crayon Pop (19 votes)
    2. SPICA (9 votes)
    3. EXID (8 votes)
    4. Hello Venus (5 votes)
    5. AoA (3 votes)
    6. FIESTAR (2 votes)
    7. D-UNIT (1 vote)
    7. The Seeya (1 vote)
    9. GLAM (0 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
No surprise that Kpop-GAF darlings Crayon Pop took this category handily. SPICA and EXID surprisingly beat Hello Venus, who are GAF faves as well.

Tier 2 Rookie group of the Year
These groups debuted this year and made plenty of TV appearances. Which is your pick?

• 1. GangKiz (18 votes)
    2. Skarf (11 votes)
    3. She'z (10 votes)
    4. Two X (6 votes)
    5. TAHITI (3 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
GangKiz took this category handily, probably based on the amount of eye candy (although their singles were good too). It was a close battle for second, but ultimately it was Skarf over She'z. Personally, I like Two-X...

Tier 3 Rookie group of the Year
Who are these people?!

• 1. Lay.T (17 votes)
    2. EvoL (16 votes)
    3. Nep (4 votes)
    4. E2RE (3 votes)
    5. Black Pearl (2 votes)
    5. Goddess (2 votes)
    5. P.O.P. Con (2 votes)
    8. BBde Girl (1 vote)
    8. 84ly (1 vote)
    10. Six Bomb (0 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
"Who are these people?!" was the tagline, but maybe the top two groups were more well known than the others. Lay.T's debut single was catchy, but somehow, I have a feeling that wearing stage outfits like this had something to do with their win here.

Female soloist of the year
Of all the solo rookies and established solo artists, who was the best this year?

• 1. BoA (12 votes)
    2. Ailee (10 votes)
    3. Miryo (5 votes)
    4. Gain (4 votes)
    4. IU (4 votes)
    4. Younha (4 votes)
    7. HyunA (3 votes)
    8. E.Via (2 votes)
    8. Son Dam Bi (2 votes)
    10. NS Yoon-G (1 vote)
    10. Stephanie (1 vote)
    12. Andamiro (0 votes)
    12. Baek Ji Young (0 votes)
    12. G.Na (0 votes)
    12. Gilme (0 votes)
    12. Lee Hi (0 votes)
    12. LEXY (0 votes)
    12. Seo In Young (0 votes)
    12. SolB (0 votes)
Kuno's comment said:
It's hard to beat the queen of Kpop, and BoA had a great comeback this year with "Only One". She narrowly took the win here over GAF favorite and veteran-like rookie Ailee.

Yeah. TS is also clarifying the initial "serious" reports.

Edit: Con-cept-ooooooooor

At least it's not as bad as reports were making it out to be. Glad they are halting promotions for now, no reason to have them performing injured and hopefully Zinger takes enough time off to properly heal.

catmincer

I think I sympathy voted (I was somewhat drunk at the time) in a few categories. One for 2NE1, one for Rainbow and one for NS YoonG. Poor Chi-Chi though :( Love is Energy was awesome. Probably my most played K-pop song of the year.

Least Spica, She'z and E2RE weren't too far behind the winners. Lol at SIX BOMB no surprises there, they are terrible. BBde Girl also sucked, awful single.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
You don't even like Raina, you heathen.
She's okay. I don't dislike her..
image.php

I think I sympathy voted (I was somewhat drunk at the time) in a few categories. One for 2NE1, one for Rainbow and one for NS YoonG. Poor Chi-Chi though :( Love is Energy was awesome. Probably my most played K-pop song of the year.

Least Spica, She'z and E2RE weren't too far behind the winners. Lol at SIX BOMB no surprises there, they are terrible. BBde Girl also sucked, awful single.
Love is Energy is awesomee. Do you know their song "Longer"? That one's pretty good too.

catmincer

She's okay. I don't dislike her..
image.php

Love is Energy is awesomee. Do you know their song "Longer"? That one's pretty good too.

Nope? I should get that though. I liked "leon" on the same single as Love is Energy. There's also the hilarious I'm gonna break you song which I kinda like.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Nope? I should get that though. I liked "leon" on the same single as Love is Energy. There's also the hilarious I'm gonna break you song which I kinda like.
Yeah, the break you song was their debut, I believe. Back when they had 7, maybe 8 members? It was also released as a debut song in Japan. It's got a cool beat to it.

vanty

In Korea there's only a law about wearing seatbelts up front yeah? It's not just in those big vans they don't wear seatbelts, on Running Man it's very rare for passengers in the back seat to wear seatbelts even in little hatchbacks and stuff

In the SNSD episode of Running Man they laugh at Seohyun for her insistence that everyone has to wear a seatbelt.

Ashhong

Seohyun is big on wearing seatbelts. The members make fun of her all the time. It was pretty funny in her first WGM episode when she made Younghwa put on his seatbelt lolol

Seatbelts are designed to stop you from getting thrown about the cabin, or out the front window, during a crash. And also to not slam into other people.

True, but look at the photos from the crash... I don't wanna say that seatbelts are useless at that kind of crash but seatbelts aren't foolproof.

Besides, commercial seatbelts suck anyway. Try spinning out of an early 2000's Porsche 911 with commercial seatbelts and try the same thing with the same car but equipped with a 5 point racing harness. My upper body was very secure with the race harness, almost like wearing a straight jacket, but with the commercial seatbelts my upper body was flailing around.

Sadly, no sane car company would use a 5 point harness as standard since people would be complaining about the tight fit and how it'll ruin clothes lol.

jbo46n7re77AMs.png

Tier 1 Female group of the Year
These are the elite females of Kpop

• 2. T-ara (11 votes)
    5. Miss A (4 votes)

Tier 2 Female group of the Year
These are the groups that we love, but haven't reached elite status just yet

• 2. Girl's Day (9 votes)
    3. A Pink (6 votes)

Female soloist of the year
Of all the solo rookies and established solo artists, who was the best this year?

• 1. BoA (12 votes)
    2. Ailee (10 votes)

The bullies over Miss A? Girl's Day over A Pink?? Wat. I'm disappointed GAF. The #1 of those lists I'm not complaining, but order is just baffling.

I can accept the soloist award as Ailee is a rookie, but those two are just wrong.

Btw, Kuno can you tell me if I voted? I remember writing my name down and selecting people, but I dunno if I did or not lol.

In Korea there's only a law about wearing seatbelts up front yeah? It's not just in those big vans they don't wear seatbelts, on Running Man it's very rare for passengers in the back seat to wear seatbelts even in little hatchbacks and stuff

In the SNSD episode of Running Man they laugh at Seohyun for her insistence that everyone has to wear a seatbelt.

It's an Asian thing. I dunno about Japan, but I do know that seatbelts aren't really mandated like it is in the US or any 1st world country. In the Philippines for example, if you can fit 6 people or more in a car for only 5 passengers the police aren't gonna complain. Hell when I went there this summer, my sis and mom were sitting on the front passenger seat and we passed a bunch of security checkpoints and cops and again no one complained about it.

Meanwhile I tried to fit 2 petite Asian girls, my friends, in the only passenger seat in my Miata here in the US and I got stopped and got a warning for illegal number of passengers. .___.

milkham

It's an Asian thing.

I got in the front seat of a cab in China and reached for the seatbelt like any sane person would do, and the driver literally pushed my hand away from it and acted all offended. Scariest cab ride ever. The way people drive in china ugh. When I was in Beijing later my tour guide told me there are so many new drivers in china that he calls them "roadway assassins"

catmincer

I got in the front seat of a cab in China and reached for the seatbelt like any sane person would do, and the driver literally pushed my hand away from it and acted all offended. Scariest cab ride ever. The way people drive in china ugh. When I was in Beijing later my tour guide told me there are so many new drivers in china that he calls them "roadway assassins"

Yeah, I experienced that too. Led to a very, very terrifying ride from Beijing Airport to the city. *shudder* Next time I am getting the train.

giri

True, but look at the photos from the crash... I don't wanna say that seatbelts are useless at that kind of crash but seatbelts aren't foolproof.

Besides, commercial seatbelts suck anyway. Try spinning out of an early 2000's Porsche 911 with commercial seatbelts and try the same thing with the same car but equipped with a 5 point racing harness. My upper body was very secure with the race harness, almost like wearing a straight jacket, but with the commercial seatbelts my upper body was flailing around.

Sadly, no sane car company would use a 5 point harness as standard since people would be complaining about the tight fit and how it'll ruin clothes lol.

I'm meant to believe, that when a car ROLLED OVER a seat belt would have been "pointless".

There's lots of fallacies in this world, but seat belts aint one of them.

Any form of seat belt.

I'm meant to believe, that when a car ROLLED OVER a seat belt would have been "pointless".

There's lots of fallacies in this world, but seat belts aint one of them.

Any form of seat belt.

Let me reinterpret what I mean: seatbelts aren't pointless but they aren't guaranteed to protect you 100% either.

When I said "I don't wanna say that seatbelts are useless at that kind of crash..." I meant exactly what I said above: they're not pointless but they aren't guaranteed either.

If you believe that seatbelts can protect your life 100% then you're fooling yourself. There's a reason why car companies these days are stuffing airbags in every nook and cranny possible and why there's a vocal minority wanting to implement the 5 point seatbelt I was talking about.

Btw, do you know what driving instructors tell every amateur driver before they get on a race track or an autocross event?

"Your seat belt doesn't make you invincible."

Anyway, I don't really see what we're arguing about. What's done is done. We can sit here and argue about seatbelts for a year but nothing would change anyway since it already happened. Let's just hope the girls are fine and Zinger makes a full recovery.

As a sidenote: I always wear my seatbelt and force my passengers to wear their seatbelts. Other than the fact the nanny state of Texas fines you $200 bucks for not wearing a seatbelt even if you're a passenger, I don't trust the driving of anybody.

LOL. That's hilarious and scary. I can see why Asia doesn't really enforce seatbelts though. Most of the cities are pretty much crowded to hell and back thanks to the urban sprawl and traffic, and the roads with the highest speed limits there are the highways away from the cities.

I don't know how it is in Korea, but some states in the US only require the front seat occupants to wear seat belts, the back don't have to.

filler

Banned

Hang in there fiddle. stay strong, breh. 8[

Seohyun vindicated 8[

Conceptor

Update on Zinger's recovery -

http://www.soompi.com/2012/12/11/se...ger-ordered-to-rest-3-4-weeks-from-car-crash/
A representative from TS Entertainment updated Zinger’s condition through a phone interview with a local press, “Zinger has been ordered to rest for 3-4 weeks until she fully recovers. The other members (Hyo Sung, Sun Hwa andJi Eun) will receive a thorough medical examination.”

The same person continued, “Zinger is currently resting in the hospital while the other members are taking a break. It looks like we’ll have to cancel today’s schedules.”

Regarding the other members’ current activities, the representative commented, “Because the other members haven’t received medical check ups, we plan to adjust or cancel their schedules depending on the results. Sun Hwa currently has her individual schedules, so we’re trying to figure out how we can work it out.”

Hellix

Honestly surprised at the SISTAR result. (Not that they aren't any good, but that I don't see them championed much compared to some of the other groups. Must be the lurkers?)

Yip, I liked Sistar this year. I am surprised T-ARA got so many votes. I thought Ailee would win female soloist of the year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom