• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabuto

575230_600469666647630_1740678779_n.jpg

"Up to now, except for me, no other member has a real open IG account^^ I hope that there won't be any fake accounts any more. Goodnight pretties❤"

Taeng said this on her instagram account. SHE ACTUALLY READS THE COMMENTS GUYS

edit: 10,000 posts already :eek:

Ym1r

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
YVfuuen.jpg

<3 Soomi. IDGAF if she isn't an idol anymore. Those jealous bitches in 5dolls couldn't hold her down.

No No Eul

Based K-Pop GAF Survey 2013

Many thanks to everyone who took part. Without further ado:

(The pie charts show number of votes rather than percentages.)

ib2G1IcRrlotuT.jpg

1. So tell me young netizen, what brings you to K-pop? The music? The people? Both?

81% Both. It's an amazing combination of awesome people and incredible tunes.

12% lol Music? What music? The idols are the only thing that matters.

7% The music obviously you fool. It says pop right in the name.

ibg260R4ohEiB4.png

I thought there might be a chance that ‘lol Music?’ would come out on top so it's nice to see that so many people do appreciate both aspects of K-pop.

inbANoq46OiE8.jpg

2. Every time I see the word 'netizen', I die a little inside.

69% Yup.

31% I honestly don't see what the problem is.

idLATe4Njl3U9.png

From Merriam-Webster:
Origin of NETIZEN
Blend of net and citizen
First Known Use: 1984

I have to say I find the word itself pretty irritating. Maybe it actually sounded cool in 1984 but I have my doubts. The strong association with a group of people who often come across as vacuous morons obviously doesn’t help matters.

izQWBd0QnvoMN.jpg

3. When you first heard Girls' Generation's sonic controversy 'I Got a Boy', what was your initial reaction?

38% I like section X but section Y really needs to go.

32% What the actual fuck did I just listen to?

18% Meh.

12% SNSD YOU'RE THE BEST EVERYONE ELSE LOOKS LIKE A LOSER COMPARED TO YOU SNSD YOU'RE ON ANOTHER LEVEL SNSD YOU'RE REALLY THE BEST IN THE WORLD EVERYtHING FADES WHEN YOU'RE AROUND SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD

ip3t5pacndtbC.png

iXnQa91hJGLFh.jpg

4. What do you think of 'I Got a Boy' now that you've had time to let its majesty sink in?

34% SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD SNSD

32% I like it but they really should have cut section Z.

26% Meh.

8% Alas, my ears have never recovered.

iOqaPkbwUbXdc.png

We all know it's a very divisive song but general opinion, both now and at the time of its release, is rather more positive than I would have expected.

ig15XKLfuaN0s.jpg

5. South Korea is the cosmetic surgery capital of the world. How many idols do you think have had some work done?

76% Most of them.

14% Some of them.

9% Literally, and I do mean literally, all of them.

1% Each and every one of them is as pure as the driven snow.

i3JzDoy0rzY9x.png

The subject of plastic surgery is obviously quite a contentious one, so I thought it’d be interesting to get a better idea of what we all think. As Dice pointed out, I should have put in a 50/50 option but even so, I think the results are pretty clear.

ibi1o7gzR6Kt3l.jpg

6. One of these days, someone in the thread will post a picture of Tiffany and Ash will ask, "Who's that?"

51% Didn't that happen already?

49% Seems likely.

ipveo9PEzpzpA.png

Sorry Ash. :p

ibypeAx7HhKkW1.jpg

7. People often cite Girls' Generation's Gee as their K-pop gateway drug. What was yours?

(Where particular songs were specified, they have been included in parentheses.)

46.25% Girls’ Generation (20% Gee, 12.5% Genie, 3.75% Oh!, 2.5% Into the New World)

5% T-ara (1.25% Bo Peep Bo Peep, 1.25% Like the First Time, 1.25% Roly Poly, 1.25% Why Are You Being Like This)

5% Wonder Girls (2.5% Tell Me)

3.75% Hyuna (1.25% Bubble Pop, 1.25% Change)

2.5% Brown Eyed Girls (2.5% Abracadabra)

2.5% I don’t know/remember

2.5% Kara (1.25% Honey, 1.25% Step)

1.25% 4Minute

1.25% After School (1.25% Ah)

1.25% Big Bang

1.25% Clazziquai

1.25% DBSK

1.25% Diva (1.25% Joy)

1.25% Every cute K-pop group

1.25% f(x)

1.25% DBSK

1.25% Harisu (1.25% Temptation)

1.25% Hyoyeon (Surely a mistake but I decided to include it anyway.)

1.25% Invincible Youth Season 1

1.25% Jo Kwon <3

1.25% J-pop

1.25% Lee Hyori

1.25% Miss A

1.25% Norazo (1.25% Curry)

1.25% Panther Lotus’ Taeyeon avatar

1.25% Secret (1.25% Shy Boy)

1.25% SES (1.25% Oh My Love)

1.25% Shinee (1.25% Replay)

1.25% Sistar (1.25% So Cool)

1.25% Sistar19 (1.25% Ma Boy)

1.25% Super Junior M (1.25% Super Girl)

1.25% Two Two (1.25% One and a Half)

1.25% Uhm Jung Hwa (1.25% Cho Dae)

1.25% X-Man

igndsjIgu2Zkw.jpg

8. Who will the South Korean authorities imprison first?

84% Dokish.

16% Kim Kwang Soo.

ibzeklrU7JdkXi.png

Sorry Doke. Not even K-pop’s very own Devil Incarnate can hold a candle to you.

iTmtMzApPkRng.gif

9. SNSD vs. USA: How do you think Soshi will fare in America?

62% Remember Jessica's opening pitch at that baseball game? It'll be like that.

38% Er... some other baseball analogy where they do alright but it's not a huge success or anything.

0% They'll hit a home run for sure.

ibhipugjmqAf23.png

Oh dear. Not very confident are we, although it's not terribly surprising. Still, it’ll be fascinating to see how they get on in the States. Interscope certainly give the impression that they’re willing to give this project a proper shot.

i9xM3e50tcS3f.jpg

10. Crayon Pop?

51% Yes.

29% No.

20% I am reluctant to commit myself either way.

ibuE6qfwWrrXoo.png

Support for Crayon Pop stronger than I would have guessed.

ibhWo23Mzc7XOL.jpg

11. Lime?

46% Yes.

42% No.

12% Curse my indecisiveness.

i9V9TsOL6xbI4.png

42% of the voters can't recognise talent and beauty when they see it. :p

iwvJkkj4SmBTT.jpg

12. Will T-ara ever regain their former glory?

82% T___T

18% Yes.

ibsjRDvDnm1WS5.png

:(

iULfNy2h4Fvgh.jpg

13. And finally, which Jung is best Jung?

49% Jung Soo Yeon (Jessica, Queen of BAMF).

30% I refuse to take a stance on this admittedly critical issue.

22% Jung Soo Jung (Krystal, Heiress to the Throne of BAMF).

iNBjSmFaW0ckw.png

The people have spoken.

luso

Nice summary.

I see Soshi was really the getaway for many. I remember when they debuted but no major interest back then.
Instead of Gee, I chose Honey from Kara, that's right. Not that the song was a masterpiece but my mind repeated endeless, lol.
Would be Gee but I went some months wild and I was with only occasional internet up to May that year. So, Genie was bigger push than Gee. And Taeyeon.

Poor Dokish lol.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
omfgggggggg

naeeeeeeuuuunnn &#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;&#9825;

Alta1r

inv6QEvxq06Lx.gif

Need more, ASAP as possible. Do they have their own variety show yet?

Taengoo Instagram has taken over my thoughts, I even had another dream about her last night.

JRane.gif

Loll, nice post Faf. On an unrelated note, what is this gif of Yoong from?

Best Ulzzang (Best Visual)

Female:

1. YoonA (16 votes)
2. Suzy (10 votes)
3. Krystal (7 votes)
4. Taeyeon (5 votes)
5. Sulli (4 votes)

Awwww yeeeeaaahhh! Her previous main competitor took herself out of the running with the bullying scandal. Now Suzy's got a shot, though probably not any time soon.

tumblr_mk68p8OuR31qb1285o1_500.jpg

Alta1r

<sensationalism>Forget the North Korean threat. South Korea is doomed.

No more miniskirts in Seoul? New law has South Korea buzzing</sensationalism>

RIP girls kpop. I'm curious what this will end up being. If there's no bright line rule (i.e. x cm above the knee, cheeks clearly showing in booty shorts, etc) this seems like it could end up being free license for some of the shadier cops to take advantage of. "Step over here miss, your skirt looks too short. I need to measure it.."

Sorry for off-topic but, I just found a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles

tumblr_inline_miwudj9ddR1qfsol3.gif

Lol. Is that Jokwon? He's so... fabulous.

They could recognise her forehead.

tumblr_lk0domNGuK1qe5ygio1_500.gif

tumblr_mk6764acga1rd67bgo1_1280.jpg

Edgeward

RIP girls kpop. I'm curious what this will end up being. If there's no bright line rule (i.e. x cm above the knee, cheeks clearly showing in booty shorts, etc) this seems like it could end up being free license for some of the shadier cops to take advantage of. "Step over here miss, your skirt looks too short. I need to measure it.."

"This amendment is for cases like public nudity and public indecency," Inspector Ko Jun-ho of the National Police Agency told CNN."

"it's not about women though. dramafever & even cnn just played it up. One, this law has been in affect since forever, park geunhye is lowering tthe fine. and two, the law is about people who flash or are involved in public nudity, not women and their clothes."

Alta1r

Mixxo jp opening, I forgot how much I like brunette Nana.
tumblr_mk26lw9LrR1qeqlago1_1280.jpg

Wow. She looks really good with this hair. @___@. Second only to the color/style she had going for the My Funny Honey video.

Yes Fei is beautiful. A friend of mine once said "Oh this is Suzy's groups??" when he saw Miss A all together :(

The damn bastard had the nerve of ignoring the whole group up until that point!!!

Loll. To be fair, besides Fei every once in a while, the rest of the group's not much to look at.

A couple of new Yoong CFs, plus Krystal gorgeousness:

ibtj3Of0ioFB9o.gif

tumblr_mk6764acga1rd67bgo2_1280.jpg

dokish

Banned
8. Who will the South Korean authorities imprison first?

84% Dokish.

16% Kim Kwang Soo.
What is this? When this survey took place? I wasn't aware of it.

Anyway, doesn't matter. By the time that I go to jail, I will be already married to Way, so she will bail me out. And I will get the chance to hang out with Ellin.

-

AND WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS ABOUT SKIRTS???? WHAAAAT???? Seriously, wear a skirt may be the first thing south koreans women do when they wake up, they CAN'T take this away from its citizens! (And us).

235185_o.gif

Alta1r

If only Hwayoung had access to such a button.

LOL. Too good.

Your
Google translate
Italian always surprises me! ^^
Everything as always, nothing new. And you? ^^

Haha. Same. Waiting for the semester to end so I can make some money and buy useless sh*t again. ^^

I know some basic italian and even i didn't pick that as italian, i just assumed Alt was drunk again.

cheers.gif

Cheers m8! Don't hate me cause of your self-imposed sobriety. ^^

tumblr_mk5w2k36Iu1rmp8jso6_250.gif
tumblr_mk5w2k36Iu1rmp8jso3_250.gif

tumblr_mk5w2k36Iu1rmp8jso4_250.gif
tumblr_mk5w2k36Iu1rmp8jso1_250.gif

Alta1r

Namji trying to play off bitter lemon taste

tumblr_mk4vgj4MpA1r60bmvo1_250.gif
tumblr_mk4vgj4MpA1r60bmvo2_250.gif

tumblr_mk4vgj4MpA1r60bmvo3_250.gif
tumblr_mk4vgj4MpA1r60bmvo4_250.gif

tumblr_mk4vgj4MpA1r60bmvo5_250.gif
tumblr_mk4vgj4MpA1r60bmvo6_250.gif

@_____@ What is this from?

Hey guys!

Just thought i'd post an update for you all!

Winter is finally starting to wind down and though it is still cold, it is a lot warmer than what it used to be.

My work is going great, I got really lucky with my school and co-workers. All the others have nothing but horror stories about their school or students or maybe they are just shitty teachers....haha. But everything is going great and my language skills are getting better each day.

For the past 2 months I have been dating an amazing girl. She lives in Seoul, so it takes me about 35 min by subway/train to get there from Incheon. So it's not so bad. Her English ability is great, she has a great job and is just an awesome person..... and I just am really happy right now with how everything is going :D

Hope all is well with all of you! Peace and much love!

Good stuff Eralbro! Sounds like everything is working out great. You're letting me crash at your place when I visit sometime this fall right? =D

I don't think Alt is going to pass you that.

Lol.

tumblr_m5ul2dfPIN1qe88g8.gif

tumblr_mk5bywSK9Q1rzxiiro1_250.png
tumblr_mk5bywSK9Q1rzxiiro2_250.png

tumblr_mk5bywSK9Q1rzxiiro3_250.png
tumblr_mk5bywSK9Q1rzxiiro4_250.png

Alta1r

Based K-Pop GAF Survey 2013

Lol. Awesome survey No Eul.

Kwon "Yoga" Yuri

tumblr_mk6cimhwVB1rvedkto1_500.gif

tumblr_mk6cimhwVB1rvedkto2_500.gif

tumblr_mk6cimhwVB1rvedkto4_500.gif

tumblr_mk6cimhwVB1rvedkto5_500.gif

tumblr_mk6cimhwVB1rvedkto6_500.gif

tumblr_mk6cimhwVB1rvedkto7_500.gif

ieTydxzPJ83uR.gif
ieTydxzPJ83uR.gif

"This amendment is for cases like public nudity and public indecency," Inspector Ko Jun-ho of the National Police Agency told CNN."

"it's not about women though. dramafever & even cnn just played it up. One, this law has been in affect since forever, park geunhye is lowering tthe fine. and two, the law is about people who flash or are involved in public nudity, not women and their clothes."

Lowering the fine is a complete 180 from the tone of that CNN article. Good ol misinformation, lol. Even if it is just lowering the fine, I wonder how it came up in discussion. It seems unlikely they went through their entire legal structure looking for outdated or nonsensical laws. And even if they did, it seems unlikely they saw this one and were like, "you know, the fine for flashing is too high, let's give these guys a break."

tumblr_mk4zxaTKZd1rjn2c3o1_500.jpg

giri

Lowering the fine is a complete 180 from the tone of that CNN article. Good ol misinformation, lol. Even if it is just lowering the fine, I wonder how it came up in discussion. It seems unlikely they went through their entire legal structure looking for outdated or nonsensical laws. And even if they did, it seems unlikely they saw this one and were like, "you know, the fine for flashing is too high, let's give these guys a break."

It's basically a reactionary law put in place by an even more socially conservative new regime that got voted in last elections.

It's apparently the backlash to girls wearing nothing but stockings/tights with tears in them and micro jean shorts in public places i.e. while shopping.

They've already said it's not meant for places like clubs/concerts/idol perfs.

But it will be up to how it's enforced really. It's pretty stupid law in the first place though.

dokish

Banned
Just read that article and laughed about it.

Yeah, nothing serious. Korean bikers drive without a helmet ALL THE TIME, in front of the police and shit, and they do nothing. I don't think they are gonna stop women in the street to give them a ticket or whatever.

Tempest in a teapot.

giri

Just read that article and laughed about it.

Yeah, nothing serious. Korean bikers drive without a helmet ALL THE TIME, in front of the police and shit, and they do nothing. I don't think they are gonna stop women in the street to give them a ticket or whatever.

Tempest in a teapot.

I actually think you'll find that they will give out the tickets, but only in "family orientated" areas. Such as a shopping mall or theme park or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom