• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ico

Thanks for the poll No No Eul.

IMG_00002.jpg
IMG_00003.jpg
IMG_00004.jpg
IMG_00001.jpg

Alta1r

Lee Min Jung.

tumblr_m08ww1mgHj1qehp59o1_500.gif

It's basically a reactionary law put in place by an even more socially conservative new regime that got voted in last elections.

It's apparently the backlash to girls wearing nothing but stockings/tights with tears in them and micro jean shorts in public places i.e. while shopping.

They've already said it's not meant for places like clubs/concerts/idol perfs.

But it will be up to how it's enforced really. It's pretty stupid law in the first place though.

Yeah, I get why a more socially conservative government would bring this up. I was responding to this comment that edge quoted above:
"it's not about women though. dramafever & even cnn just played it up. One, this law has been in affect since forever, park geunhye is lowering tthe fine. and two, the law is about people who flash or are involved in public nudity, not women and their clothes."

This makes it sound like the law already existed, but the current government looked at it and decided it was too harsh for the offenders and needed to be toned down. Which sounds strange, on the face of it.

tumblr_mk4qseRzqk1rpbdaoo2_500.gif

giri

tumblr_m08ww1mgHj1qehp59o1_500.gif

Yeah, I get why a more socially conservative government would bring this up. I was responding to this comment that edge quoted above:

This makes it sound like the law already existed, but the current government looked at it and decided it was too harsh for the offenders and needed to be toned down. Which sounds strange, on the face of it.

tumblr_mk4qseRzqk1rpbdaoo2_500.gif
My understanding is that, thats the intent of the law, but it was broadened to include indecent clothes, not just nudity.

It's not like in the past when skirts could not be x cm above the knee and police used to go around with rulers in clubs.s

luso

Perfect reaction gif.

Saw the short SNSD special from a Japanese channel, good watch even without subs, I recommend. Most highlighted members are Sooyoung, Seohyun (speaking a very good Japanese) and a little of Taeyeon/Yuri/Jessica. Mostly backstage stuff, Christmas in Japan, planning of the concert tour.
Is from it those Yuri gifs were made.
And this one

ibtxth9bfINHlh.gif

No makeup (on the eyes at least) and she's kind of making a weird face.

looks swollen :(

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/03/excl...vent-with-girls-day-march-27th-at-1000-pm-est
tumblr_mk74n4tXis1rj3z94o1_1280.jpg

The stream will begin at 10PM EST on March 27th, which is March 27th @7PM PST, or March 28th @11AM KST (Korean time).

Girl’s Day will be answering questions from the allkpop community, so if you have something to ask, make sure to do it here on this forum thread!

We will also be choosing 5 random fans who leave a question/comment on this thread and will be awarding them with an autographed Girl’s Day album!

"Live video streaming event"

Based K-Pop GAF Survey 2013

Many thanks to everyone who took part. Without further ado:

4. I agree. I remember I was one of it's staunch supporters when it came out, and it's surprising to see how the opinion has changed in a span of 3 months.

9. I think it's more of the fact that we don't know shit. SM and Interscope have been talking about bringing Soshi over to the US way before The Boys came out and insider SONE's have said that "[insert year] will be the year that Soshi will go to the states" but nothing has happened yet. They tested the waters with The Boys but the reception was pretty lukewarm. Other than people who already knew about K-Pop, I wouldn't say their appearance on TV really convinced Interscope that they could take a crack at the US. It changed with PSY's appearance but that window of opportunity seemed to have shut down and it looks like they're back to square one.

13. What the hell... I thought the majority of this thread hated Sica?

omfgggggggg

Is there more of this set with my Eunji? I need to see it stat.

Honey Bunny

there was a ridiculously cute gif of her doing like a chicken dance or something? I think it was close up to a waiting room camera not long after their debut?
anyone know what I'm taking about?
i do. #trufan

ibnrmB017DZoJX.gif

Probably she released the photos through Tweeter or something.

Also, IIRC, they just started promoting really big in Japan (it only takes one hour by plane!) and this makes me believe that we still have some months of tracksuit.

Some of my fav fancams of them are from a show they did in Shibuya at the start of the year, sooo much energy and it's actually the fangirls going crazy over them and not uncle fans. kawaiii kawaaiiiiii and dancing queen

I wanna know more indie bands. Just found out about no reply.

Let's combine your love of Way with your desire for indie (not a genre aargh) bands. Here she is in her indie band N.Dolphin pre-debut.

tumblr_mfpxafjxws1s1wafjo1_500.jpg
tumblr_mhi0ccP19e1s1wafjo1_500.jpg

I think the whole album's on youtube.

Sort of hyped. A bit. This year has been pretty disappointing so far.... I've liked Girl's Day, Rania, Sori, Nuest and Boa (of those only Nuest one-upped their previous single tho) but like most of the important ones; Shinee, T-ara, SNSD, Infinite, Rainbow, Nine Muses have been underwhelming. I'm starting to lose the faith. 4minute/Shinhwa save me ;~;

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
ONEW IS SO MANLY

edit: also, wtf @ irc being shitty lately

edit 2: LOL @ AKP. anyone else getting a bright yellow background? what the hellll

vanty

Sojin is great. Better than Yura at least until the hair situation changes. Her face looks weird in the "quite sexy" gif though, looks like Hong Soo Ah from Heroes or something.

Hara's hair gets better while Jiyoung's gets worse. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Wow, Goooooooooooooo why you so gooooooooooooood ♥❤♥❤♥❤♥❤♥

dokish

Banned
Sojin caught my eyes when I was watching their MV. More than Yura, even though she's awesome too.

But Sojin, damn. I don't like her 'cute' style tho. She is much better now in the 'Expect' MV. More serious/mature look. I like the red hair.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sojin is great. Better than Yura at least until the hair situation changes.
What's wrong with Yura's hair? Sojin's current red is shit.

Her face looks weird in the "quite sexy" gif though, looks like Hong Soo Ah from Heroes or something.
She does have a tendency to make some crazy faces in performances, kind of like Alice. In still photos it sometimes looks like they did some cocaine.

Edgeward

Are you all ready for some Girl’s Day?

With the girls busily promoting their comeback song “Expectation“, allkpop will be bringing in Girl’s Day for another amazing Live video streaming event on March 27th, 2013!

The stream will begin at 10PM EST on March 27th, which is March 27th @7PM PST, or March 28th @11AM KST (Korean time).

Girl’s Day will be answering questions from the allkpop community, so if you have something to ask, make sure to do it here on this forum thread!

We will also be choosing 5 random fans who leave a question/comment on this thread and will be awarding them with an autographed Girl’s Day album!

Make sure to mark your calendars and tune in on March 27th at 10PM EST to see Girl’s Day LIVE only on allkpop!

source

8BR9lY1.gif

She does have a tendency to make some crazy faces in performances, kind of like Alice. In still photos it sometimes looks like they did some cocaine.

I4BEhae.gif

My career-ending Nana survey should go up soon, whenever I can be bothered to find it.

7. People often cite Girls' Generation's Gee as their K-pop gateway drug. What was yours?

1.25% Hyoyeon (Surely a mistake but I decided to include it anyway.)

Korea's greatest cultural treasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom