• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
You and your wife are learning Korean, right? How's that going? Can pick up most of the drama's lines?

We're both learning yeah. It's a pretty basic introductory course we are taking. All in all we have about 22 weeks worth of classes, two classes a week, since last September.

I wouldn't say I understand much in dramas. It's either too fast or just vocabulary we haven't learned. We've also mostly just learned somewhat formal speech rather than informal, although the difference isn't that large most of the time. I find myself picking up words and sentences here and there, but I wouldn't claim an understanding of much of it.

We've covered a decent amount in class though. Enough that I would say I could travel to Korea and not actually have to speak much English to get around. I would say that at most my vocabulary is around ~500 words or so, but I think it's sort of hard to put a number on it. I only know a few dozen verbs, for instance. I know past/present/future tenses of verbs, but only the singular forms. All in all the class is good, but I personally would prefer something a bit more academic. I can't complain though since it's cost us a grand total of $800 for the two of us.

92tBr7S.jpg

Hyoconic.

xlREDlx

Neo Member
응 is definitely the banmal version of yes, I know I'm right because that's how I was taught in University, and in Korea ;)
Perhaps I'm a bit late for this, but from my experience both 응 and 어 are the banmal version of 네, 웅 being a really common aegyo for 응 (basically you can change the 으 sound to 우 in anything to make it sound cute, kind of similar for 어 and 오).

luso

저는 한국어를 공부해요. 한국어 수업 이 일주일 두번 에 가요.

Shit my grammar is terrible.

Not bad. I can understand it without google :)

I also learnt some with formal speech, -mnida, etc. Not a brilliant student, I tend to know the grammar but not so good memorizing vocabulary...

luso

Anyway, with the recent love Soshi is getting I gotta ask this... what's Soshi's best song that wasn't a single?

I'm voting for Girlfriend.

Girlfriend not bad, it gets lost towards the end though. But From Genie there is also One Year Later

I would say:
Galaxy Express 999
Reflection
Stay Girls
Beep Beep
Trick, Oscar
Japanese album so good but Great Escape, Born to be a Lady, Let It Rain
Echo, Show Show Show, Star Star Star
Way to Go (Himnae)
Honey (Perfect for You) - For an early soshi feel

Not bad. I can understand it without google :)

I also learnt some with formal speech, -mnida, etc. Not a brilliant student, I tend to know the grammar but not so good memorizing vocabulary...

Thinking about it the second sentence needs work. The real trouble is what markers to use when/where. The time market in my second sentence is in the wrong spot. I think I need the place marker instead of the subject marker in the first part of the sentence too. But it was a quick off the cuff post. Anyway, it's a process.

I went to H-mart yesterday and tried to use my korean. One girl (really hot too) was like "Oh wow!" and then this one guy was like "wtf is this guy doing?"

ramyeon

Perhaps I'm a bit late for this, but from my experience both 응 and 어 are the banmal version of 네, 웅 being a really common aegyo for 응 (basically you can change the 으 sound to 우 in anything to make it sound cute, kind of similar for 어 and 오).
Yeah but I feel like 어 isn't *really* banmal it's just slang/lazy talk lol. It's pretty much just a sound of recognition. But that's what I use with Korean friends as 응 was always somewhat awkward for me.

Damn, I forgot that Soshi has a lot of amazing stuff that aren't singles. I might take a listen to their entire discography sometime soon and find some more.

I think UNF is appropriate here.
Sica and Yoon so goood.

It's pictures like these that remind me what Seobby can be. Good lord she looks amazing in that first pic.

Also, I sense some TaeNy in the pics... check out the color of the scarves TaeNy are wearing hahaha.

sloppy ass job on the watermark lol

Is there an iPhone5 sized version of this??? I just set it up on my phone and it doesn't fit unless I wanna zoom her pretty face all the way in.

Also those Sojin pics Edge just posted... definitely my favorite G'sD member.

giri

Damn, I forgot that Soshi has a lot of amazing stuff that aren't singles. I might take a listen to their entire discography sometime soon and find some more.

It's pictures like these that remind me what Seobby can be. Good lord she looks amazing in that first pic.

Also, I sense some TaeNy in the pics... check out the color of the scarves TaeNy are wearing hahaha.

Is there an iPhone5 sized version of this??? I
just set it up on my phone and it doesn't fit unless I wanna zoom her pretty face all the way in.

Dis is the korean thread mate, LG or Samsung phones only.

Remyzero

Girlfriend not bad, it gets lost towards the end though. But From Genie there is also One Year Later

I would say:
Galaxy Express 999
Reflection
Stay Girls
Beep Beep
Trick, Oscar
Japanese album so good but Great Escape, Born to be a Lady, Let It Rain
Echo, Show Show Show, Star Star Star
Way to Go (Himnae)
Honey (Perfect for You) - For an early soshi feel

What did you think of Bad Girl, luso?

Ashhong

hwQYXzK.gif

sloppy ass job on the watermark lol

Thanks!

Is there an iPhone5 sized version of this??? I just set it up on my phone and it doesn't fit unless I wanna zoom her pretty face all the way in.

Sadly the picture is too short for our phone :(

Sojin is also my favorite

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
foundation, radiance cream, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick = not a lot?

imnana

Neo Member
Never trust 'bare face' pictures, even with non-idols, it's usually just natural looking makeup, which is still everything you'd use for full makeup so I don't see the point.

Her vocals have improved considerably since she was first added to After School, still nothing special though. I don't know why Nana wasn't in the MV though, she's not known for her voice.

Sulli looks like she was hit by a bus.

Debut:
DELIGHT (딜라잇) - MEGA YAK MV
I'm hoping they'll drown in the sea of nugus and take their obnoxious shouting with them.

Kabuto

foundation, radiance cream, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipstick = not a lot?

in my opinion it doesn't look like a lot of make up. maybe it's just because she didn't go crazy on the eyeliner cuz that's the only make up I can see haha
YOU'RE KILLING THE DREAM

:[

Don't tell me that besides being a singer you are also a make-up artist!

hahaha

edit:
Never trust 'bare face' pictures, even with non-idols, it's usually just natural looking makeup, which is still everything you'd use for full makeup so I don't see the point.

iFqnTfDspBDBX.gif

now I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom