• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwlnd

Banned
pjy_mc.gif

qpqDLIg.jpg

Most profitable agency: SM

A growing number of local management agencies are cashing in on the worldwide boom of Korean pop culture and entertainers.

SM Entertainment, headed by singer-turned-businessman Lee Soo-man, was the most profitable agency with 241.3 billion won in sales last year, a 69 percent increase from 143 billion won in 2011. Its operating profit was 60.5 billion won, nearly double the previous year. SM represents Girls’ Generation, TVXQ, Super Junior, BoA, SHINee and others.

The second most profitable agency was YG Entertainment, owned by singer-turned-businessman Yang Hyun-suk. The firm that manages Psy, Bigbang and 2NE1 posted 99.7 billion won in sales last year, up from 62.5 billion won in the previous year.

Coming next was JYP Entertainment, owned by singer and songwriter Park Jin-young, which earned an estimated 40 billion won in sales last year. Two agencies vied for the next place ㅡ Cube Entertainment and FNC Entertainment.

Cube possesses popular boy band Beast and girl band 4minute, while FNC has CNBLUE and FT Island.

“We will see more agencies reaching the 100 billion sales mark as the popularity of Korean music and celebrities continues to increase worldwide,” said Kang Tae-kyu, a music industry analyst.

giri

I'm surprised DSP isn't listed. I guess it was only the top 4-5. Given that KARA is really successful in Japan.

I think a lot of Kara's big money moves from this year, won't really be reflected until next year.

But DSP are also terrible as a company and are great at mis-managing talent.

Peru

Dude.... Goodbye To Romance is a harmless xmas tune, better than most of that variety. That same year, last year, they put out two of the best k-pop singles in modern times. Signals nothing.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
looks like narae from spica. another one that edge posts often and another one you always ask for. there's a pattern...

sojin
narae
sojin
narae

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Looks a lot like Narae though.

I am losing my mind over the beauty of Sera and Eunji. Don't know if should megapost from my tumblr...

giri

Awesome, although it's a shame that's the last episode. Need more idol variety shows. Maybe there'll be a new season of Apink News before long...

not sure about APN... they were already on notice that if the last season didn't rate a lot better it would be the last.

No No Eul

not sure about APN... they were already on notice that if the last season didn't rate a lot better it would be the last.

I was never really sure whether that was an idle threat or something more serious. I've just been hoping that it was the former.

dokish

Banned
Finished the In Hyon Queen's drama with Yoo Inna. Although all the fantasy elements were pretty credible, the last twist was really lame. The story was almost perfectly built, but they reach that point where the story is so awesome that it just can't finish in the same level of awesomeness.

Sometimes I feel that K Pop GAF doesn't watch dramas (because of the lack of discussion).

Spoilers:

1. I was really sad about Yun Wol's death. But it was a good story-move.

2. The plot hole about the talisman becoming black could be handled better. Yun Wol died, the talisman went black because the bond he shared with Yun Wol are now broken. But he can still go back in time... even if its for a short time. Why he didn't tried to go back again? The only explanation that I could fit here (and they should have said in the drama) is that the link, although broken, was still FADING. So eventually he would not be able to travel again.

3. Although I can cope with the cellphone being "the new talisman" (crazy idea, yes), come on, you don't have satellites in 1600.

4. He could at least have shown in the theater soaked wet and with his royal vestments. He was in a dry suit!

Moving to My Daughter Soo Young now. Ep 2 so good.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my korean wife definitely needs the cooking skills of Jaekyung. Never heard of her until now, but now I'm interested.

dokish

Banned
Fany finally showing some skin.

That's the worst 1080p that I ever saw.

Poluted as fuck MV. Garbage. What the hell is going with all the pink. Holy jeez.

Well said Tiffany, after watching this, "머리 아빠". My head hurts too.

Edgeward

I have no interest in kdramas. Already behind as is on english shows. Only make room for RM and variety shows with people of interest.

neoism

Fany finally showing some skin.

That's the worst 1080p that I ever saw.

Poluted as fuck MV. Garbage. What the hell is going with all the pink. Holy jeez.

Well said Tiffany, after watching this, "머리 아빠". My head hurts too.

It was a fake.

yeah it was fake posted in excitement... before actually watching it :( WTF is wrong with SNSD's Japanese company way in the hell release half a MV... to a song I really hoped would be one..
fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Jessica in Running Man next week preview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dbetolWeGi8

Animal Kingdom episode, looks like it will be an amazing ep.

really surprised she would do running man... Jessica doesn't run...

Pendulum

I have no interest in kdramas. Already behind as is on english shows. Only make room for RM and variety shows with people of interest.

Same. And on top of that I just recently went through Family Outing 1 and am just finishing up Invincible Youth 1
no plans for season 2 for either show
. No time for any other shows at the moment.

5P63rN9.jpg

7LtDMfT.jpg

wWbreQG.jpg

really surprised she would do running man... Jessica doesn't run...

It's her 3rd appearance (5th episode).

1633B5284C5EDE3A8D4650

xlREDlx

Neo Member
KPop Star 2 is finally over. Spoilers:
It was obvious from a long time ago that Akdong Musicians were going to win because of how popular they are but oh well, they deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom