• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Any news on F(x) comeback?

I just watched Khuntoria and realized how awesome Vicoria is. Made me go back listen to some of their songs. The Nu Abo EP was solid.

Mr Boogie > Nu Abo.

New page, needs more Kara

tumblr_mkpardaHn61ql0xjyo1_500.gif

tumblr_mkpardaHn61ql0xjyo2_r1_500.gif

tumblr_mkpardaHn61ql0xjyo3_500.gif

Edgeward

tcBv1Ik.jpg
HgjBDvl.jpg

hri4FWI.jpg
8nSvZNP.jpg

z8sxl.gif

Lee Hyori has been hinting at her return for quite some time now, but she’s almost ready now as she’s finally picked her title track!

Fans have been waiting for over 3 years for her musical comeback, and she’ll finally be releasing her 5th album mid-May! She’d been thinking about her title song for a while, but she’s made the final decision and will be following up with her music video, stage outfit, the concept, and choreography.

.... and she’s also planning to take on several different concepts by releasing additional music videos for the other songs in her album for a total of 3-4.

source

Pendulum

Thanks Chesskid. You're doing God's work, son.

I'd love to see a reaction gif of those two girls after Minho introduces himself.

Edit:

"DELIGHT, unlike most of the other typical girl groups, considers powerful dance performance the first thing. The title song of Delight is Mega Yak, which conveys a message of girls that bad boys needs some spanking."

I'm going to keep watching that MV just so I can chuckle over that description.

Good interview with Choice37. Interesting bit about the beat meeting.

During this Rhythmer Awards, you said that you can work in perfect harmony and is comfortable with G-Dragon, right? We would like to hear more about how it's like..
Choice37 said:
First of all, G-Dragon is very free and he is definitely creative. That’s why it’s easy to work with him. He grasps the concept very quickly. In order to make a good song, you should have a certain concept instead of just filling in the 16 measures with rap, and G-Dragon is excellent in that field.
How was "One of A Kind" created?
Choice37 said:
In YG, we have a monthly ‘beat meeting’ where all producers gather in the studio and listen to our beats. At that time, I made a beat and I let Teddy hear it first and then I brought it to our beat meeting. When Yang Hyun Suk heard the song he said "Ah, give this to Jiyong." He wanted that particular song for Jiyong. In our company, it’s usually the president who listens to all of the music and decides who it belongs to.

How’s your relationship with other YG artists?

Choice37 said:
YG’s atmosphere is like a big gym so I really like it. If you look at the hallways, there are segways and various pop arts. That’s why it’s very fun to work there. It’s a pleasure to discover new concepts and ideas. Youngbae and TOP are also very passionate about music. When I’m just sitting in my studio they would come and ask me for new music.

Who bothers you by asking you for music the most?
Choice37 said:
(Laughs) Youngbae comes to me the most. I can really feel that he loves music. He’s always full of energy. Especially, he has an outstanding sense of music. We listen to Miguel and Frank Ocean together.

So you interact with Big Bang members the most?
Choice37 said:
They’re my closest artist and we have many connections.

How about 2NE1?

Choice37 said:
2NE1’s great as well. But 2NE1 is in Teddy’s hands. The president gave the assignment to Teddy. And since they’re girls, I don’t see them often in the studio. But Youngbae comes over often to use the computer and Jiyong comes often to talk.

What kind of music do you guys listen to when you guys are together?
Choice37 said:
In hip hop, we listen to A$ap Rocky, Kendrick Lamar together. In R&B, as I mentioned earlier, I listen to Miguel or Frank Ocean. Not only that we listen to many other musicians as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom