• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

I am not Max
iW2CLD8QGbQgI.gif
Is this Qri??

Will Smith asked for Jay Park to feature on the Korean OST of After Earth. "I Like to Party" will be the ending theme. It's also going to be his second single.

Chesskid1

Banned
yookyung's dad tweeted again

tumblr_mm7evjejLG1spiecto1_1280.jpg

[Trans] 130503 Hajong Wagle Update!

“팬분들에게 솔직하게 회사 사과문 발표하고 유경이 복귀시켜 달라고 회사에 요청했어요. 팬분들이 많이 도와주세요.”

[Eng trans] “I requested the company to release an apology and have Yookyung come back. Fans, please help us."

Chesskid1

Banned
T-ara N4 @ Beatles Code Preview

http://youtu.be/r7OejyEu8so?hd=1

oh my gosh. 울지마

i still don't know any of the nine muses names. well i know some of their names but i can't point them out. hmm, i can recognize kyungri i guess. hopefully they kill it this comeback, i've always been interested in them but not enough to learn a bunch about them.

yeah i only experienced their dolls comeback and it was good, but not great, so i wasn't very interested. their past singles are oh so good tho.

ramyeon

T-ara N4 @ Beatles Code Preview

http://youtu.be/r7OejyEu8so?hd=1

oh my gosh. 울지마
The contrast between foreign netizens and Korean netizens' comments on that video is quite amusing.

The new T-ara does nothing for me. They had a string of really good singles from Roly Poly until their scandal but this song is only really a shadow of that and it almost feels like they're trying too hard to recapture that feel (At least in the drama video) when Roly Poly felt almost incidental.

The styling for the dance video and live stages is awful. If they were going for country farm girls who don't know how to dress up properly they certainly hit it spot on.

Ashhong

I'd be balling too after that abysmal comeback stage where I didn't even sing and half assed my dancing.

The contrast between foreign netizens and Korean netizens' comments on that video is quite amusing.

The new T-ara does nothing for me. They had a string of really good singles from Roly Poly until their scandal but this song is only really a shadow of that and it almost feels like they're trying too hard to recapture that feel (At least in the drama video) when Roly Poly felt almost incidental.

The styling for the dance video and live stages is awful. If they were going for country farm girls who don't know how to dress up properly they certainly hit it spot on.

Finally some sense.

luso

Tiffany to Throw Opening Pitch at Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball Game on May 6th.

Girls’ Generation’s official Twitter account revealed that Tiffany will be at the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game on May 6th at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles to throw out the first pitch and meet Dodgers pitcher Ryu Hyunjin. This will mark the first appearance for a Girls’ Generation member at a major American sports event. Jessica was the last Girls’ Generation member to throw a first pitch at a baseball game, which has become an infamous moment for SONEs.

Tickets for the game are available through online ticketing vendors such as Stubhub. Tiffany will be leaving South Korea on May 4th for the opening pitch and a photoshoot in Los Angeles.

Hope she got some advice from Jessica, how to not throw a ball.

Peru

In my opinion the opposite is true. Well, Id-Peace was a strong and hard-hitting debut for sure, and follow-up single 'Sara' as well, with that eerie video, but otherwise every album up until the point you mention was weaker than every album following it. Particularly Atlantis Princess stands out as her weakest (Valenti being the weakest Japanese album) and most wishy-washy. No.1 is probably her most dated-sounding album. The year after AP she released the great My Name (and the greater Girls On Top afterwards) in Korea and one of the best Japanese albums, Love & Honesty.

Following up Atlantis Princess with My Name was a statement. She disliked Atlantis Princess and the flowery fairy image and steered her ship in another direction, according to last year's Win Win interview.

I'll give a nod to 'Listen to My Heart' (the album), though, stacked with hits.

ramyeon

In my opinion the opposite is true. Well, Id-Peace was a strong and hard-hitting debut for sure, and follow-up single 'Sara' as well, with that eerie video, but otherwise every album up until the point you mention was weaker than every album following it. Particularly Atlantis Princess stands out as her weakest (Valenti being the weakest Japanese album) and most wishy-washy. No.1 is probably her most dated-sounding album. The year after AP she released the great My Name (and the greater Girls On Top afterwards) in Korea and one of the best Japanese albums, Love & Honesty.

Following up Atlantis Princess with My Name was a statement. She disliked Atlantis Princess and the flowery fairy image and steered her ship in another direction, according to last year's Win Win interview.

I'll give a nod to 'Listen to My Heart' (the album), though, stacked with hits.
Like I said, it's nostalgia. When those albums came out I was in love with them and after Atlantis Princess my interest in her waned and her releases became more and more same-y to me. I even remember My Name and Girls on Top being really ill-received at least by English speaking BoA fans at their time of release, but looking back they were just different.

But at the end of the day I would rather listen to Peace B, Don't Start Now, Miracle or No.1 over Girls On Top or Hurricane Venus.

No No Eul

Tiffany to Throw Opening Pitch at Los Angeles Dodgers Baseball Game on May 6th.

Girls’ Generation’s official Twitter account revealed that Tiffany will be at the Los Angeles Dodgers and Arizona Diamondbacks baseball game on May 6th at Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles to throw out the first pitch and meet Dodgers pitcher Ryu Hyunjin. This will mark the first appearance for a Girls’ Generation member at a major American sports event. Jessica was the last Girls’ Generation member to throw a first pitch at a baseball game, which has become an infamous moment for SONEs.

Tickets for the game are available through online ticketing vendors such as Stubhub. Tiffany will be leaving South Korea on May 4th for the opening pitch and a photoshoot in Los Angeles.

Interesting. I guess they're trying to capitalise on Psy's appearances at the Dodgers' stadium and get Soshi's name out there, at least a little bit?

BTS videos for CeCi and SPAO:

i2PThs4AxgP8Y.gif

dokish

Banned
Why does Hyuna get only two avatars?
fixed?
Quad m8, the less dokish knows about us, the better!!
WHAT IS THIS. I MUST KNOOOWWW!!!!
I don't think she can go higher than 'Queen of Asia'. That's a fucking amazing title. And she "acquired" it a long time ago.

And her answer was so awesome... 10 years from now people will say that 'Singer X' is 'The BoA of [Country]'.

Her name is already legend.

Are you going to her other 2 concerts? I'm seriously heartbroken.

EDIT: Just saw this, OOOOH ~

http://youtu.be/0pnFS26aR60

dokish

Banned
'Sara' as well, with that eerie video
THAT'S WHY IS SO AWESOME. My favorite BoA song. Followed by No. 1

But at the end of the day I would rather listen to Peace B, Don't Start Now, Miracle or No.1 over Girls On Top or Hurricane Venus.

You are exaggerating, right?

Lose Your Mind
Be The One
Valenti
Sweet Impact

etc

EDIT: But I kinda feel the same way, lol. Early BoA had something magical. Maybe teenager's crush? She's an adult now. Because now I 'rationalize' her work, I think I appreciate "less" than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom