• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgeward

B2DLixg.gif

ramyeon

This is just a really fucking good release.

Except for the horrible colour direction on the cover. Fire that designer.

It's a shame that Korea pretty much ignores these girls even exist though.

dOL1A.gif

O5J4s.gif

1tumblr_lgp6q5NhE21qcjtu8o1_500.gif

This is fucking disappointing, damn. That's a top 5 contender I'll have to scratch off my list. She still has the 2nd prettiest smile after Tiffany though. Is it their faith that fuels their smiles? Because their smiles are almost enough to make me believe in God.

Did anyone post this yet? Gentlemen MV making of. 11 mins long and has English subs.

No. Thanks for posting. Not surprising that they had a lot of fun filming that mv. Also gotta respect Psy for taking the reins himself. I love when he asks Gain to perform the fart in hand move he uses in the mv.

Source?

If only this was real and they had succeeded.

Ym1r

Does anybody know what episode it was in Running Man where KJK did a 1 versus all game, and HaHa + somebody else (or it was just haha I can't remember correctly) helped him because they were trapping in a corner and ended up dying anyway. If I recall correctly I think they had to recover like scrolls or something and there were fake ones set around with alarms on them.

Peru

This is just a really fucking good release.

Except for the horrible colour direction on the cover. Fire that designer.

It's a shame that Korea pretty much ignores these girls even exist though.

"Dolls" closed in on the Gaon top 10 for the first time in their career. Their stamina on the scene has paid off and they've slowly moved into the mainstream consciousness and towards better sales.

That's got to be the tamest '19' rated thing I've ever seen though. Not convinced the label didn't just put that rating up there themselves for publicity.

ramyeon

"Dolls" closed in on the Gaon top 10 for the first time in their career. Their stamina on the scene has paid off and they've slowly moved into the mainstream consciousness and towards better sales.

That's got to be the tamest '19' rated thing I've ever seen though. Not convinced the label didn't just put that rating up there themselves for publicity.
Closing in on the top 10 doesn't mean all that much especially for a new song, but for example Wild is currently at 23 on the mnet realtime charts. Considering new songs almost always chart the best on their first day that's pretty bad. It's even down 3 spots from it's last charting.

That said, music charts have all kinds of issues in general. I remember when I saw Nine Muses live last year the crowd suddenly went dead and I even heard people actually asking who they were, most people had no idea.

It's sad, because they're good. They've got the sex appeal, they've got the looks and they have the songs to back it all up.

And I've seen much tamer 19+ videos out of Korea lol. Regardless of whether the label did or not that video would have been rated 19+ by the MOGEF.

Peru

The Gaon weekly means quite a lot and to get into the top 10 you have to sell and stream a _lot_ of digital copies. Having followed the chart way too closely since it was launched I would say at its present state it's the definitive record of mainstream music consumption in Korea. You do have to consider the release period vs the chart week, so you must look at results over several weeks. But unlike the physical album chart, or Hanteo, or individual store charts (and definitely not even considering music show charts) it's relevant.

Also 'Wild' is currently at #16 on instiz real time and rising - it will peak higher there for sure.

ramyeon

The Gaon weekly means quite a lot and to get into the top 10 you have to sell and stream a _lot_ of digital copies. Having followed the chart way too closely since it was launched I would say at its present state it's the definitive record of mainstream music consumption in Korea. You do have to consider the release period vs the chart week, so you must look at results over several weeks. But unlike the physical album chart, or Hanteo, or individual store charts (and definitely not even considering music show charts) it's relevant.

Also 'Wild' is currently at #16 on instiz real time and rising - it will peak higher there for sure.
#16 isn't a great debut on the charts really, it's also #17 on Melon. It's too early to tell, and I do hope they do better with this release because it's great. But I don't trust digital sales anyway - there are way too many ways to skew the numbers and a lot of labels hire companies that make purchases to bump the rankings up.

catmincer

I didn't like Dolls. This is great though.

I am also surprised how well 4Minute have done this time around their song is slaying T-ara N4 in the charts. Secret are doing pretty well too. I did call it as well. ;) Well partially I thought Secret would do better as the concept reminded me of Loving U which was really successful last year.

ramyeon

I didn't like Dolls. This is great though.

I am also surprised how well 4Minute have done this time around their song is slaying T-ara N4 in the charts. Secret are doing pretty well too. I did call it as well. ;)
From what I've heard from people I know and read in articles/comments, Secret's cutesy concepts are actually more popular in Korea than their sexy ones.

giri

Well,

4Minutes song is a better (significantly so) song than the T-ara N4 song

The N4 has a nice hook though. But it's a pretty average song it self. Very cheesey. Which is sort of classic t-ara, but the base song is usually better.

Secrets cute concept sucks. WTB more poison.

This 9M release could go All Kill though. It's pretty damn good.

ramyeon

Yeah, cute Secret is best Secret, that's why I liked their Japanese album.
Yeah, Shy Boy and Byulbit Dalbit were 2 of my favourite songs from them. Not that fond of YooHoo but the issue I have with their sexy concept songs is that they almost all sound really similar.

Well,

The N4 has a nice hook though. But it's a pretty average song it self. Very cheesey. Which is sort of classic t-ara, but the base song is usually better.

I think an all kill would be expecting too much tbh... no matter how good the song is.

catmincer

Well,

Poison came off as a bit forced sexy for me personally, I did like the Talk that concept though. They pull off classy well too.

Peru

#16 isn't a great debut on the charts really, it's also #17 on Melon. It's too early to tell, and I do hope they do better with this release because it's great. But I don't trust digital sales anyway - there are way too many ways to skew the numbers and a lot of labels hire companies that make purchases to bump the rankings up.

16# isn't the debut on the charts - Hyori's song took more than a day before it reached the top roof of Instiz even though it all-killed as quickly as it could. At this point it wasn't in the top 10 on there.

Of course Nine Muses will probably never get an all kill and certainly not with this one. It remains to see if it's more popular than Dolls.

I've read about the scam theories but even if they're true it's more suspicious when an artist gets a sudden boost on a certain music store, like how many times you read articles about some nobody getting a #1 on Bugs - no one should care even if it's true and it wouldn't be too hard to get some campaigns going temporarily launching it to that spot.

If a song sees sustained popularity over a long time it's pretty safe to say it's not because of a scam.

You can't trust any one source completely but looking at various factors like streaming, paid downloads, other formats seperately you can get an idea. It's definitely more trustworthy than the physical charts in terms of gauging popularity.

ryan-ts

Does anybody know what episode it was in Running Man where KJK did a 1 versus all game, and HaHa + somebody else (or it was just haha I can't remember correctly) helped him because they were trapping in a corner and ended up dying anyway. If I recall correctly I think they had to recover like scrolls or something and there were fake ones set around with alarms on them.

EP 19

iSnVJzI9OCmKY.gif

LowerLevel

Yet ANOTHER great from these women (and Sweetune). Their only song that's weakest for me is No Playboy and that's really not too bad either... They deserve to be much higher in popularity.

All my own opinion, of course. Sera... (ungh, my heart can't take much more!)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Nine Muses mini:
Wild - Not as good as Dolls. Straying from what has been more their sound and more into sounding like a rejected Kara song. Kind of like Pandora sounded less like Kara and more like a rejected Infinite song. Sweetune having a hard time at this high of output?
Action - Verse sounds like weaksauce Rania and the chorus is standard jpop. Kind of fun but pretty generic and doesn't get dirty enough.
휴지조각 - Nothing memorable about this, more bland than Hello Venus. It's something explored by Kara and 4minute before but it doesn't feel like something for Nine Muses.
사는 사람 - This is more like it. A nice groove and a nice melody in a style that carries more of what has become their signature sound while still taking them to new things. Also works with the particulars of their vocals really well with a really natural structure. Best song on here.
Kara would do it better, but who's counting?

llehuty

Wild - Not as good as Dolls. Straying from what has been more their sound and more into sounding like a rejected Kara song. Kind of like Pandora sounded less like Kara and more like a rejected Infinite song. Sweetune having a hard time at this high of output?

Whatt? This song is great. It's so damn good I find impossible to appreciate the rest of the mini.
tumblr_mmih03TvNq1r0xrqho1_500.gif

tumblr_mminmyRMp31qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

BTS from MV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom