• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

No idea how important they are but Nine Muses are doing insanely well on Bugs, Olleh and Soribada at #1, #5 and #3.

http://onehallyu.com/index.php?/top...ello-venus-9muses-chart-update-updatedmay-10/
Bugs is one of the worst offenders for scam companies. And olleh and Soribada charts seem to be pretty much irrelevant in Korea, but they are doing much better than usual.

#4 real time on mnet, although Melon has them charting a much less optimistic #26 on real time. Probably their best performing single yet so far on the digital real time charts.

Ym1r

Watching Yeon Hee and Ara on Running Man... they are so damned pretty, Yeon Hee's eye smile is ridiculous and Ara is just pure beauty.

m-night-shyamalan_1334621413.jpg

[LIVE] 130509 9Muses - WILD

Someone doesn't belong here, and it's not the M-ball.

It's the tomboy on the right.

If I had to rank their singles it would go like this:

1.- News
2.- Wild
3.- Ticket
4.- Dolls
5.- Figaro
6.- Ladies
7.- No Playboy

Pretty close t my rankings. I'd probably put Dolls above Ticket though.

luv

edit: superstars

Love it.

That was a nice cover. Will keep an eye on this group. They have potential for a great debut.

Trying to be cute?

omg jooyeon.. how are you so amazing? fuckkkkkkkk

She's looking amazing these days.

llehuty

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGG

LMAO

73, they all get locked up, one of the best episodes.

I think it's episode 91. Fake edit: Ok, you are counting double episodes as one... But I think is easier to find it as episode 91.

MuBank performance was awesome, with live vocals and everything. Also, ponytail Sera, best Sera.

And this happened in the last 24 hours.
iZ1SgN9f0frvz.jpg

I should give it a rest before is to late.

JustinBB7

I think it's episode 91. Fake edit: Ok, you are counting double episodes as one... But I think is easier to find it as episode 91.

Oh yea could be. I looked on the wiki and they have episode count and air ep count right next to each other. So most likely it's 91 yeah.

Tangeroo

br.jpg

Anyone else been watching Barefoot Friends? It's a little rough at the outset but I like the premise. It's a mix between Family Outing (it even has Jong Shin from FO!) and Invincible Youth. Basically, a "real world work" variety show. There's a mix of variety vets (Kang Ho Dong), idols (Eunhyuk and Uee) and variety noobies. The series starts with a trip to Vietnam which I think is a good choice for this kind of format.

Pendulum

br.jpg

Anyone else been watching Barefoot Friends? It's a little rough at the outset but I like the premise. It's a mix between Family Outing (it even has Jong Shin from FO!) and Invincible Youth. Basically, a "real world work" variety show. There's a mix of variety vets (Kang Ho Dong), idols (Eunhyuk and Uee) and variety noobies. The series starts with a trip to Vietnam which I think is a good choice for this kind of format.

Is it genuinely funny?

VAPitts

It's a subunit, T-ara N4. The rest are gonna promote in Japan. T-ara itself is still 7 members.

Sub units are usually created to try new concepts or sounds without comprising the original group's vision and sound. It can also be used to showcase specific members and/or give lesser members more exposure than they would in the group.

awesome thanks

Tangeroo

Is it genuinely funny?

It is (once you get past the boring introduction which introduces all members and they split into teams). The show follows both teams of 4 get various day jobs in Vietnam to be able to afford food and lodging. Very similar to some of the jobs/tasks the Family Outing crew had to undertake compiled with the fact that none of them speak Vietnamese. They only had a cheat sheet with basic words and broken English with which to communicate.

llehuty

Just curious, had you heard any of Shinhwa's stuff prior to Venus? Because as an old Shinhwa fan I thought it was pretty shite :(

Heard some of their songs after hearing Venus. From what I heard (a very limited part from their huge discography), I feel like their old music it's too old school to make it work hearing it for the first time nowadays without the nostalgia factor. I'm not saying that it's bad, is just that it was made to have been listened to back then. I have the same problem with early BoA songs and even some of SNSD first tracks; I can appreciate those songs, but I lean towards more recent music. Anyway, I completely understand your thoughts on Venus, because it's quite different from their old stuff.

Wow, probably all I wrote is nonsense, I find very hard to express myself in english when I want to be very precise.

ramyeon

Heard some of their songs after hearing Venus. From what I heard (a very limited part from their huge discography), I feel like their old music it's too old school to make it work hearing it for the first time nowadays without the nostalgia factor. I'm not saying that it's bad, is just that it was made to have been listened to back then. I have the same problem with early BoA songs and even some of SNSD first tracks; I can appreciate those songs, but I lean towards more recent music. Anyway, I completely understand your thoughts on Venus, because it's quite different from their old stuff.

Wow, probably all I wrote is nonsense, I find very hard to express myself in english when I want to be very precise.
No you're right it makes sense, that's what I was curious about actually. If I was listening to Shinhwa for the first time with Venus I probably would've liked it more.

Honey Bunny

Nah you've expressed yourself clearly there llehuty. I feel very similarly, what I've heard of their older stuff is a bit impenetrable to my tastes as a new listener. I liked Venus, and I really liked Breathin' off the album.

Peru

It still baffles me how none of the bigger agencies have attempted to launch an all-female pop rock band, something that would stand out in the sea of idol groups. I'm not talking about AOA, members who potentially know to play and pose with an instrument but mostly are just dancing idols. I'm talking about someone who shreds out commercially appealing melodic rock as a band, like this http://en.musicplayon.com/play?v=918692

Edgeward

br.jpg

I saw the 1st two and it was within my expectations in terms of entertainment value. I'm hoping the later episodes some of the members try harder either to actually accomplish their task or be entertaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom