• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellix

I think he meant ecstatic?
And wow, I only asked the top, that was the (second) longest explanation I read here about a soshi top list.

You aren't a sone until you write a 50-page thesis paper conducting detailed analysis of each member.

Peru

lols Avex really going for the carefree summer single angle

BKXyJ4JCYAEMHeo.png

BKXyzQ7CAAEU6vJ.png:large

Cuddler

Damn, looking at netizenbuzz, the comments on the gay marriage article are really disappointing...I thought the situation was better in Korea...

RubyFaith

Damn, looking at netizenbuzz, the comments on the gay marriage article are really disappointing...I thought the situation was better in Korea...

Not all the articles are like that though. There are some positive threads where people are supporting them and whatnot but the country in general is homophobic, but I think beneath what we usually see there is a lot of good.

llehuty

I really liked the first EXO album. What is Love, in particular, is really damn good.

tumblr_lfmm19ew0r1qcfqc0o1_500.gif

I like it... but that dance... ehm... I don't get it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSqC-RKAZY8

Holy shit. Members from H.O.T, Sechskies, g.o.d and NRG come together for a single. Legendary.

With those names involved, one would expect decent budget...

ramyeon

I like it... but that dance... ehm... I don't get it...

With those names involved, one would expect decent budget...
Yeah the dance is bad and totally inappropriate for their age. I wish they'd realise that their glory days are over and do something more in line with their age. Eric has proven that he can do some great rapping in his featurings with a lot of other artists but here it's caked in auto tune. So bad.

Nah I wouldn't. It's just a one off thing they're doing for a TV show tie in, not really a proper release and most of these guys unfortunately are irrelevant these days. Moon Hee Jun hasn't had a proper budget for anything he's done since H.O.T (Which is a shame because I remember liking his solo albums back in the day, not his recent release though).

Pendulum

I'd buy one.
BKXrHRKCIAAgKu8.png:large

-----

Some pics from the T-ara N4 manager
770847729.jpg

770850036.jpg

770849378.jpg

770850972.png

Other woman in picture above is Brandi Kane, who according to her Twitter, is "Respected Emcee\ song writer, L.A. based, yet so international!". Two tweets after a photo of Ahreum, Eunjung, Dani (out past her bedtime), and Jiyeon in the studio she posted a picture of a joint. Somewhere, a Netizen is jumping to a conclusion.

-----

Hyominstagram
770848389.png

-----

tumblr_mmveoaebCZ1qdvxqzo1_250.gif

Edit: I know Qri still uses Twitter, but it appears Hyomin at least still checks it (she just followed someone new). One day I'd like them to get back on that horse, but I'm not sure if they're wary/afraid or if it's CCM putting the clamp on those that took part in the Great Twitter War of 2012.

Cuddler

Not all the articles are like that though. There are some positive threads where people are supporting them and whatnot but the country in general is homophobic, but I think beneath what we usually see there is a lot of good.

Hopefully you are right, unfortunately I doubt that the situation over there is really good but I'm sure there are a lot of good people that are supporting and helping gays so that they can have a normal and happy life. Again, hopefully in a few years things will change and gays will be more accepted by most people, so that at least they can have a more "easy" life without the need of hiding.

Peru

A recent poll by Gallup Korea surveyed opinions on gay marriage for the first time. 53% of people in their 20s supported it, but something like 87% in 60s and above were against it.

ramyeon

No surprises there. And even though 53% of young people supported it in a survey, sadly a lot less than that would be supportive if actually confronted with it. Thus a lot of comments like those in the article saying "I always say I support it but seeing that photo makes me feel sick." They're on the right path though, and it's better than it would've been say 10 years ago.

These things take time.

Cuddler

A recent poll by Gallup Korea surveyed opinions on gay marriage for the first time. 53% of people in their 20s supported it, but something like 87% in 60s and above were against it.
Well, that's positive, at least it's a sign that things are changing, I'm not really surprised by the percentual of old people against it.
No surprises there. And even though 53% of young people supported it in a survey, sadly a lot less than that would be supportive if actually confronted with it.

Sadly, you are right, it's way more easy to say that you are supportive when you can hide behind your computer than when you actually have to say it in person. Unfortunately I'm sure that there are some people that thinks that if you support gay marriage you are probably gay so I guess it makes things even more difficult.

Thus a lot of comments like those in the article saying "I always say I support it but seeing that photo makes me feel sick." They're on the right path though, and it's better than it would've been say 10 years ago.

These things take time.

I agree with you, these things take time, hopefully not too much.

Peru

My teacher actually brought it up in class today because of news stories about that 'marriage'. Seems the story got attention, anyway. I know she goes to church every Sunday so I was a bit worried (and surprised she brought it up), she talked about it in the broader scope of changes in Korean society and culture, but luckily concluded that if her kids came out she would support them. She then asked three people in our class how they would react, me since I was the only whitey who of course said I'd be ok with it, my Chinese friend who said she'd be fine with it and a Taiwanese dudebro who's been to six SNSD shows who said he wouldn't be ok with it. Will have to talk with him later. Clearly not a shipper.

Oh and SNSD performed at the university student festival here at campus today. Tickets were hard enough to get that I wouldn't have even if I tried to go, though.

ramyeon

Oh and SNSD performed at the university student festival here at campus today. Tickets were hard enough to get that I wouldn't have even if I tried to go, though.
Saw lots of photos on my news feed today. Taetiseo came last year when I went. Tickets are pretty easy to get for exchange students and people in clubs but KLI students don't really get any opportunities from what I saw.

Cuddler

My teacher actually brought it up in class today because of news stories about that 'marriage'. Seems the story got attention, anyway. I know she goes to church every Sunday so I was a bit worried (and surprised she brought it up), she talked about it in the broader scope of changes in Korean society and culture, but luckily concluded that if her kids came out she would support them. She then asked three people in our class how they would react, me since I was the only whitey who of course said I'd be ok with it, my Chinese friend who said she'd be fine with it and a Taiwanese dudebro who's been to six SNSD shows who said he wouldn't be ok with it. Will have to talk with him later. Clearly not a shipper.

That's good, I think it's really important that religious people understand that gays are not some demoniac monsters but just normal people with a different taste and start to accept them more.

Wait, I thought that you were a teacher. :confused:

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
4minute won with that shit song.

This might make them want to work with Brave Brothers more.

HOLD ME I'M SCARED.

roaSone

Indeed, they won, but there wasn't any competition though, Secret are having hard times with the controversy I guess. I don't understand people really, this 4minute song is just bad...

A month ago i would've have said that Psy would have a lockdown on all the weekly shows.

I think the korean public prefer this musical/visual concept for 4minute regardless of the song quality.

No No Eul

4minute won with that shit song.

This might make them want to work with Brave Brothers more.

HOLD ME I'M SCARED.

I still really, really like that song. It's such fun. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if Brave Brothers went and worked with someone else like, oh I don't know, Brave Girls.
15 months and counting since their last release.

roaSone

-What's the concept?
-Zombies. Many people don't understand. Zombies don't have names. So we keep asking, "What's your name?".
-That's the meaning.

REALLY ?! If it's true, it has to be the most ridiculous meaning of a concept. >.<

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
-What's the concept?
-Zombies. Many people don't understand. Zombies don't have names. So we keep asking, "What's your name?".
-That's the meaning.
itlkylNuQ3H4C.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom