• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iris was great up until the last few minutes. I'll check out the other ones mentioned, trusting you guys!

I have two more episodes to go. I don't want it to end, it's one of those shows that will never be duplicated. Unless there is going to be another action series starring Won Bin this time.

ramyeon

Oldies are the best. My Name is Kim Sam Soon is still one of the most entertaining dramas I've seen and influenced most of the ones you see today.

Iris was also great, just ignore Athena and Iris 2.

Ym1r

I'm really enjoying it as well, almost done. Any other recommendations from you guys?

It's not a drama, but A Moment To Remember was probably one of the best Korean movies I've seen.

Fighter in the Wind is damned good too, and for a comedy Romantic Warriors.

For Dramas, I don't know I haven't been impressed lately but I enjoyed watching Nice Guy, Flower Boys Next Door and A Gentleman's Dignity.

tumblr_mmvc02mEaC1qco0z5o1_1280.jpg

ramyeon

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/netizens-boycott-yes-yes-responds-by.html

Anyone else worried about this Hyosung thing? At this rate they might force her to withdraw from the group. Which would pretty much be the end of Secret, because let's not kid ourselves.
Pretty standard that a store for women's lingerie would have to cancel their contract with some associated with a site famous for being full of misogynists. I would be surprised if they kick her out of the group, but I think they'll be staying on the low down for awhile.

ramyeon

Wasn't referring to this specifically being wrong.
Ah okay, well it's interesting because they do often change their opinion when proven wrong. Park Shi Hoo's case was a recent one where at first all the hate was directed towards the victim of the assault until they realised she was, indeed, a victim and started directing their hate towards him and it has remained that way until now.

I wish Shinhwa would do something more age appropriate. They're too old for the boy band thing now and that dance is just ridiculous.

neoism

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/netizens-boycott-yes-yes-responds-by.html

Anyone else worried about this Hyosung thing? At this rate they might force her to withdraw from the group. Which would pretty much be the end of Secret, because let's not kid ourselves.

wat what did she do??

wow
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/netizens-lash-out-at-hyosung-for-using.html
lol these ""Netizens " or whoever need to get a life wtf is that really all she said whats the big deal... lol

ramyeon

wat what did she do??

wow
http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/05/netizens-lash-out-at-hyosung-for-using.html
lol these ""fans" or whoever need to get a life wtf is that really all she said whats the big deal... lol
You don't get it due to cultural context, that's understandable.

Whether or not people are overreacting she still screwed up. When you're under that much spotlight and public scrutiny you need to watch what you say especially if it is something politically sensitive and possibly offensive.

She also associated herself with right wing extremists, misogynists and the like by saying it. Idols have gone under for much less.

neoism

You don't get it due to cultural context, that's understandable.

Whether or not people are overreacting she still screwed up. When you're under that much spotlight and public scrutiny you need to watch what you say especially if it is something politically sensitive and possibly offensive.

She also associated herself with right wing extremists, misogynists and the like by saying it. Idols have gone under for much less.

yeah I didn't know what the fuck but I'm reading more about it about the Ilbe meh I very much doubt she is a Ilbe user.. goddamn lol didn't know some Korean people was so sensitive about stuff like that.. You say one word by mistake and people hate you lol
Is Ilbe worse than 4chan :p

I loled at this
Exactly in which country do they use the term democratization in a negative context?

ramyeon

yeah I didn't know what the fuck but I'm reading more about it about the Ilbe meh I very much doubt she is a Ilbe user.. goddamn lol didn't know some Korean people was so sensitive about stuff like that.. You say one word by mistake and people hate you lol
Is Ilbe worse than 4chan :p

I loled at this
Ilbe is worse than 4chan.

Korea hasn't had the pleasure of being in a stable democracy for that long. It's a touchy subject especially since Ilbe idolises the military dictator, father of current president Park Geun Hye, Park Chung Hee.

And the term she used was created and is used only on Ilbe. It's not a term you could mix up because the way it's used is totally opposite to the literal meaning.

neoism

Ilbe is worse than 4chan.

Korea hasn't had the pleasure of being in a stable democracy for that long. It's a touchy subject especially since Ilbe idolises the military dictator, father of current president Park Geun Hye, Park Chung Hee.

And the term she used was created and is used only on Ilbe. It's not a term you could mix up because the way it's used is totally opposite to the literal meaning.

I read as much... but still why would she say that if it wasn't a mistake she knew it would fuck her over.. Fucking ridiculous.. it was a mistake lol. Sunhwa is my favorite in the group anyway but still... smh

ramyeon

I read as much... but still why would she say that if it wasn't a mistake she knew it would fuck her over.. Fucking ridiculous.. it was a mistake lol. Sunhwa is my favorite in the group anyway but still... smh
Not thinking before opening her mouth.

T-ara meets with T.I.?

So thats Chris Brown, 1500 or Nothin, Ray J also wanted to meet up with them, and now T.I.

They still have 2 days until they return to Korea.

Is KKS planning some kind of Hip-Hop album collaborating with a bunch of american artists or something? :lol

beatsan

Neo Member
T-ara deals with chris brown (beater), ray j (sextape), T.I (jailtime). Ugh. Whatever...things seems to be going well regardless.

And Hyosung can't leave Secret. That's just suicide for the group. Netizens need to stop being so frickin dumb/butthurt and just realize that this meant nothing. If they want to kick her out for being a bit ignorant about it then....that's still stupid. Give her a break.

Pendulum

Can't read Korean so I'm going off second-hand info, but apparently police arrested the guy who hacked the CCM website. (or KKS tracked him down Liam Neeson-style by killing his friends in torturous ways)

ramyeon

Can't read Korean so I'm going off second-hand info, but apparently police arrested the guy who hacked the CCM website. (or KKS tracked him down Liam Neeson-style by killing his friends in torturous ways)
Yeah it says they arrested him yesterday and are investigating a motive/reasons for the hacking. I think it's pretty obvious really lol.

Exercise

Neo Member
Welcome. Making Alt questionaire, top soshi/T-ara/whatever?

I never understood why everyone has to be so static with soshi, if anything they should be listed in ESPN style power rankings every few months.

So for you amusement/disgust here's my current SNSD power rankings:

1. Jessica (=) Consistency is king queen and Jessica has looked amazing in everything for the past 2 years. Seriously, girl would look good in a barrel and plastic bags for shoes, that's how good she is. Last: 1

2. Taeyeon (+) Not much to say here that hasn't been said, her instagram is really helping her cause. Splitting hairs in terms of difference between Jessica, will sweep to the top if/when Jessica screws up. Last: 2

3. Tiffany (+) When she's hot, she's on fire and can beat out the top 2. When she's not, she scrapes the gum off of Sarah Jessica Parker's shoes. Her main problem is consistency; she's either REALLY good or REALLY bad. Last: 5

4. Seohyun (=) Baby's all grown up into a lady. I have this theory of why she's so hot now. Since she's 2 years younger than the rest of the group, she's essentially hit her Genie era and everyone seems to think that was the best SNSD period. Last: 4

5. Yuri (+) The unsung hero, best body in SNSD by a large margin, but her problem is that she has had the same look for 5+ years. I mean FFS, get a haircut or some shit. Last: 6

6. Yoona (-) Overrated. Yeah she's pretty, but not all that like how people seem to think she is. Tends to bounce between 4 and 6, not having enough to break the top 3, but never getting lower than bottom 3. Last: 5

7. Hyoyeon (+) They say a woman is most beautiful when she's in love, and if rumors are true about her getting some action, then that would explain why she's been lookin' good lately. Last: 7

8. Sunny (+) The last time Sunny looked good was during that beatles code episode (coincidentally, I think that was Taeyeon's best look ever). It's been damn near 2 years since then and while she's getting better, she's got that 2 year stint in clown college to make up for. Last: 8

9. Sooyoung (-) Eat a goddamn hamburger or something. Jesus. Last: 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom