• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selane

BK6s9KACYAAnNuX.jpg:large

Eh, MS are just ... going for a different market than hard core gamers. I can see the Xbox One out selling the PS4 handily in the US where families will buy that for their "entertainment system".

And that's the problem. I know GAF isn't the majority, but pop on over to the gaming side and see what's been going on there. Even ignoring the fact that MS failed to show games, the more info MS releases, the more it seems like it's headed for a massive trainwreck.

Also, even if it can somehow outsell the PS4 here in America, it's such a short term goal that I can only imagine it to happen at launch. As soon as the consumers get it in their hands and realize all the potential troubles the system has, it'll simply fade out of the equation like the WiiU is doing right now.

Bahahaha wow. Embarrassing... it's nice to see that there's still a media outlet in the world that actually care about journalistic integrity.

Hopefully Sports Seoul is backing up the guy who did the tell all and keep CCM away as much as possible.

That pink "thing" up there is throwing me off so much and I'm only on my first beer tonight. @____@

From watching almost all Family Outing episodes, I can say Lee Hyori is the perfect woman. She has the looks but her personality... sogood.gif

I'm looking forward to this new CL song. From the little I've heard of her rapping she is hot fire.

Pendulum

Bahahaha wow. Embarrassing... it's nice to see that there's still a media outlet in the world that actually care about journalistic integrity.

Not sure "journalistic integrity" is the right phrase to use here. Journalistic page-hit-fishing might be more appropriate. CCM are dicks, but this was obviously written to be read a certain way and this is the same Sports Seoul that ran the "cryptic" smear story on Suzy based upon 2-month old rumors made by a known rumor-maker.

That pink "thing" up there is throwing me off so much and I'm only on my first beer tonight. @____@

Dem knees.

Not sure "journalistic integrity" is the right phrase to use here. Journalistic page-hit-fishing might be more appropriate. CCM are dicks, but this was obviously written to be read a certain way and this is the same Sports Seoul that ran the "cryptic" smear story on Suzy based upon 2-month old rumors made by a known rumor-maker.

Dem knees.

Oh yeah, they are the same guys. And yeah, after reading it more "journalistic integrity" is definitely not the right word. I guess I just attributed it to that phrase after seeing how they had the balls to publish the tell all despite CCM invading their newsroom. But I believe there's definitely some truth to this though. Regardless, all around ridiculous situation perpetrated by the devil KKS as always.

Lol those better be knees... I unfortunately have seen things like these in real life and my god they are horrible to look at. Wearing extreme "apple bottom jeans" is something one shouldn't be proud of.

DXPett1

Also received Flying Petal's photobook loot. Flipping through the photobook it's kind of scary all the places that FP goes for the stalking as there are pics for every event that Taengoo was at in 2012-13. There was even Running Man pics when Taeyeon guested in Ulsan, which means somehow FP knew that she was going to be guesting, the location, and the time when Taengoo was making her appearance. I'm glad FP is a chick because if it was a dude I'd want him arrested with a restraining order.

If it was a dude they wouldn't have the access that FP does. Fairly certain they have a secret handshake with SME, signed NDA as its a win win for both parties. Flying Petal gets exclusive/better than norm access to Girls Generation/virally promotes Girls Generation/Taeyoen further which in turns gets Girls Generation more fans = profit for SME

Peru

It was about time one of those useless tabloids used their power for good. I wonder how many similar situations have gone unreported.

Peru

I think it's the same in Japan. Might have started in tabloid home ground UK - the 'Sunday Sport' for example is just general trashy news.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Is it just me or are the Korean pop acts getting more "sexualized" lately? More than usual anyways.
They were more sexual then there was a big pushback for a few years and now they are getting more sexual again.

giri

I get the feeling that KKS would black ball anyone that decides to get up and jump from his ship, remember Davichi's brief split?

You telling me SM wouldn't have the moxy to get that through?

I'm not saying go out on your own, but ... those girls could find other work easily.

ramyeon

Any other agency would have to be crazy to take T-ara on board with their reputation.

And I have no idea how long their contracts are with CCM but I'm willing to be on them not being very short.

giri

Any other agency would have to be crazy to take T-ara on board with their reputation.

And I have no idea how long their contracts are with CCM but I'm willing to be on them not being very short.

You wouldn't re-birth T-ara, not as a whole group. But it would be easy to find them in other groups/areas/solo's or the like.

No No Eul

Spot the Difference said:

smh

Perfect Best Shin Hye said:

Hyosung apologizes again:

allkpop said:
She stood on stage at KAIST University, one of the universities that hadn't canceled their invitation for SECRET to perform.

Before the girls started their performance, she said, "Before we perform, I want to apologize." The majority of the crowd was supportive of her, shouting, "Don't! You don't have to! It's okay!"

Their support made Hyosung tear up, and she had to swallow back tears before she continued, "I'm really sorry that I worried you because of my rash words recently. As a celebrity, it was a very bad mistake for me to use a word that's been wrongly twisted on the internet. I'm reflecting on my wrongdoing. I'm going to study and work hard to keep getting better. I'm going to work harder today because I'm so sorry, so please support us. Thank you."

Amazing f(x) starts tomorrow with an hour-long 'preview' episode! The first 'proper' episode will air next Tuesday.

some MBC radio show said:

ryan-ts

And I thought she was hilarious in Running Man. I think people forget that those variety shows aren't natural, the people aren't showing their true personalities and they do have scripts and stuff that they need to follow to some extent.

RM doesn't have a script in regards to how they act though, unless every guest who has been on the show is lying. I don't think is the case since variety shows have been called out before for faking it. I certainly think sometimes people on RM are pointed in the right direction (in regards to where things are located, where they have to go to progress etc.) but they're never told how to act. Regardless, variety shows are meant to be entertaining and I don't think you're going to be able to see someone's true colours on a TV show. I'll definitely agree with you there.

I don't like Boyfriend!

Ryan just added "Ym1r approved" to a picture of one of their videos yo'

I will admit to liking figure skating tho.

ooh.png

ramyeon

RM doesn't have a script though, unless every guest who has been on the show is lying. I don't think is the case since variety shows have been called out before for faking it. I certainly think sometimes people on RM are pointed in the right direction (in regards to where things are located, where they have to go to progress etc.) but they're never told how to act. Regardless, variety shows are meant to be entertaining and I don't think you're going to be able to see someone's true colours on a TV show.
Running Man is scripted in the sense that the situations are created in a certain way, people are told where to go and how to behave, and pretend not to know certain things that they obviously do. They might not have lines to memorise and recite but they're definitely acting in character, both the MCs and the guests. It's actually become a whole lot more so over the last year or two, the earlier episodes are much more entertaining imo.

roaSone

There's still hope though, the instrumental of the teaser isn't similar to the previously leaked song. now as everyone says, wait&see.

ryan-ts

Running Man is scripted in the sense that the situations are created in a certain way, people are told where to go and how to behave, and pretend not to know certain things that they obviously do. They might not have lines to memorise and recite but they're definitely acting in character, both the MCs and the guests. It's actually become a whole lot more so over the last year or two, the earlier episodes are much more entertaining imo.

I don't think guests are told how to behave though minus people like Choi Min Soo. If they were, more of the guests would probably be entertaining or at least mesh well with the members and the theme of the episode. It does feel like a lot of endings/scenarios play out too well which happen almost every episode these days. I think most of the time members are less concerned with winning then guests and are able to manipulate the results better because of it. RM 145 (with the Laws of the Jungle) is a good example of this because if KJK had used common sense then the ending would have been a forgone conclusion. Instead it was turned into a dramatic finish because he purposely tried to give the other side a chance. I don't think the staff ever came to him and said "Don't approach them yet", I think he did that himself knowing it might play out better on TV.

I agree earlier episodes are better which makes me sad just thinking about it. Everyone should watch a newer episode then an older episode and see how much you laugh. I guarantee the older episode will have you laughing along the whole time and wrapped up in the show, while the newer episode will seem totally dull in comparison. I can't count how many times I've paused a newer episode to check my emails, IRC chat, watch paint dry or run some errands. That never happens when watching an older episode even though I already know who wins.

I also really hate the editing on RM now, why does everything have to be slowed down and propped up as a big moment? Can't things just play out naturally instead of pausing the action to say "here comes something big"? The ddakji episodes probably add 20 minutes just from trying to build up the throws (which actually takes away from the enjoyment because they do it every freaking episode all the damn time).

Sometimes I'm not sure why I give a shit

tumblr_maqehlsYof1qe617a.gif

ramyeon

I don't think guests are told how to behave though minus people like Choi Min Soo. If they were, more of the guests would probably be entertaining or at least mesh well with the members and the theme of the episode. It does feel like a lot of endings/scenarios play out too well which happen almost every episode these days. I think most of the time members are less concerned with winning then guests and are able to manipulate the results better because of it. RM 145 (with the Laws of the Jungle) is a good example of this because if KJK had used common sense then the ending would have been a forgone conclusion. Instead it was turned into a dramatic finish because he purposely tried to give the other side a chance. I don't think the staff ever came to him and said "Don't approach them yet", I think he did that himself knowing it might play out better on TV.

I agree earlier episodes are better which makes me sad just thinking about it. Everyone should watch a newer episode then an older episode and see how much you laugh. I guarantee the older episode will have you laughing along the whole time and wrapped up in the show, while the newer episode will seem totally dull in comparison. I can't count how many times I've paused a newer episode to check my emails, IRC chat, watch paint dry or run some errands. That never happens when watching an older episode even though I already know who wins.

I also really hate the editing on RM now, why does everything have to be slowed down and propped up as a big moment? Can't things just play out naturally instead of pausing the action to say "here comes something big"? The ddakji episodes probably add 20 minutes just from trying to build up the throws (which actually takes away from the enjoyment because they do it every freaking episode all the damn time).

Sometimes I'm not sure why I give a shit

tumblr_maqehlsYof1qe617a.gif
I think they definitely are. These are celebrities and especially idols with certain images they need to keep up especially during TV appearances like this. If not by the PD then by their respective agencies and managers I'm sure there's a lot of guidance one what to do/how to behave.

But yeah, agree with everything else you've said pretty much. I gave up on RM because it was becoming a chore to watch through entire episodes of the newer stuff.

vanty

Jiyoung doing some weird tests or something. Just this picture and "exercise !_!" Kinda looks like the old rumble pack-covered vest I had for N64 ahah. Motherfucker sucked batteries like nothing on earth.

ryan-ts

I think they definitely are. These are celebrities and especially idols with certain images they need to keep up especially during TV appearances like this. If not by the PD then by their respective agencies and managers I'm sure there's a lot of guidance one what to do/how to behave.

But yeah, agree with everything else you've said pretty much. I gave up on RM because it was becoming a chore to watch through entire episodes of the newer stuff.

I just don't think the RM staff tells them how to act, definitely their managers and agencies would. Most idols are very well behaved on RM, still smiling as they lose game after game while it's burning them up on the inside. Even most actors can't hide their frustration on the show when that happens. I do remember an early episode with Eunjung where Yoo Jae Suk called her out for saying "Ya" to everyone. Now that the show is so popular, if something like that did occur it would probably be edited out.

Peru

As ramyeon says they're probably given suggestions for what and how do to some things, and it's clear that the members talk out which gags and relationships work and should be used more for comedic effect etc. Not a detailed script but guidelines, strategies.

It is true that many guests don't contribute at all which suggests that like Family Outing it's part theater, for sure, but improvised theater, and only the quick, funny and active will get screen time.

I haven't watched too much RM this year but last year there were still frequently great episodes. They've done so many it's natural that it's starting to get a bit old, though. Lots of talent involved, wouldn't mind putting this format down and them coming up with a new Family Outing/RM-ish thing. With Hyori.

giri

Jiyoung doing some weird tests or something. Just this picture and "exercise !_!" Kinda looks like the old rumble pack-covered vest I had for N64 ahah. Motherfucker sucked batteries like nothing on earth.

probably motion capture stuff for their anime sequel or something.

luso

RM doesn't have a script in regards to how they act though, unless every guest who has been on the show is lying. I don't think is the case since variety shows have been called out before for faking it. I certainly think sometimes people on RM are pointed in the right direction (in regards to where things are located, where they have to go to progress etc.) but they're never told how to act. Regardless, variety shows are meant to be entertaining and I don't think you're going to be able to see someone's true colours on a TV show. I'll definitely agree with you there.

RM has a script, of course, but they don't have a detailed one to the point to tell what they say, or how they act.

I agree they give some general indications at the start as well between certain parts of the recording, still many things are up to the main cast. It is obvious that some stuff is clearly guided by PD/staff, one example is an episode with Sohee where she basically does nothing but gets somehow to "find" suddenly the clues.

Another outstanding example is the episode with those thousands balloons planted in a building complex (the clues are inside of some of them), it is clear that they receive the indication of the room where the right balloons are. Also some if not most of pairings with guest are predetermined somehow but contrasting with it, main cast due their experience many times they don't eliminate the guest/casts for the show sake.

EXO - Wolf teaser
I'm afraid, I really hope that they have made some changes because the leaked version was terrible....

Does not shows anything about the song. Teaser is worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom