• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubyFaith

FUCKING DEATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SOYEON FANBOY WROTE A SMUTTY FANFIC STARRING HYOMIN AND CHRIS BROWN

tumblr_mbzut9sNtT1rvv4qro1_400.gif

on a more srs note
soyeon fanboy is so foul

z7HBzva.gif

No No Eul

allkpop's RSS feed has stopped working which is pretty annoying. As for the new site, it looks quite nice but performs like shit unless you enable adblock, in which case you have to deal with a pop up on every page telling you to disable it again. :/

Dal Shabet are returning in June, as are Rainbow, although I think we already knew about the latter, didn't we?

Hyosung's second apology for the democratization scandal:

Hello, it's SECRET's Hyosung. I'm so sorry for causing everyone concern because of my rash words recently. I'm sorry that this is late. It's obvious that I should apologize, and I thought I didn't have the right to even make any excuses, so I wasn't going to explain myself, but I am writing again because I believe it's only right to properly apologize again.

I'm not at all related to the site that everyone is worried about. I just wanted to communicate with fans often, and I was curious about many fans' thoughts, so while I was monitoring the internet, I often saw words that read, "democratizing by Hyosung'. I didn't know the meaning very well, and I thought it meant something positive, like suggesting something I like to others. I didn't know it was being used negatively on a site until after all this happened.

I'm deeply reflecting on carelessly and using the word 'democratization' in the wrong sense, forgetting that I am someone who could have an effect on other people. I want to apologize sincerely to the families [of those lost in the 5.18 movement] who were hurt from my rash words. I know well that we're able to smile like this because of their sacrifice. I am sincerely sorry. I'm going to study and work harder to become more mature. Once again, I apologize to the fans I worried.

ramyeon

This write up encapsulates my stance on the issue perfectly.

http://beyondhallyu.com/k-pop/secrets-hyosung-netizens-and-democracy-in-south-korea/

While Korean netizens are often way too strict and quick to judge, international fans criticise netizens a bit too much without the proper cultural context to properly judge the situation. Especially in this case.

Hyosung's apology was weird, it doesn't quite make sense since she says she thought it was a positive term when she used it, but she used it as a negative term. Odd.

roaSone

I don't know if you guys saw it but, EXO's album is announced for the 3rd of June. Including My Lady and Baby don't cry previously teased on the first teasers of EXO before their debut.
I liked them when they debuted, I'm anticipating this aswell.

llehuty

I don't know if you guys saw it but, EXO's album is announced for the 3rd of June. Including My Lady and Baby don't cry previously teased on the first teasers of EXO before their debut.
I liked them when they debuted, I'm anticipating this aswell.

As long as they don't release that Wolf demo that was leaked... They could easily release a 20 track album with all those demos they have recorded. Also I wonder if SM will let them sing live this time.

Cuddler

lol
Congratulations for the work Dice!
What is happening in these photos??? What is the pixelated person (chubby guy?) doing??? #stopblurring&pixelatechubbyguys
Speaking of Microsoft: how about that Xbox One huh fellas?

X
ONE? The conference was really disappointing...too much focus on things that I don't care...not to talk of all the things that come out after the conference...

Fafnir

There wasn't enough Taeyeon while I was gone.

YoonHyo forced to sit next to each other and hating it, miguks in the back, Maknae plotting to take over, and Goddess sleeping.
zhCZPF8.jpg

Also received Flying Petal's photobook loot. Flipping through the photobook it's kind of scary all the places that FP goes for the stalking as there are pics for every event that Taengoo was at in 2012-13. There was even Running Man pics when Taeyeon guested in Ulsan, which means somehow FP knew that she was going to be guesting, the location, and the time when Taengoo was making her appearance. I'm glad FP is a chick because if it was a dude I'd want him arrested with a restraining order.
EkJqfUP.jpg

milkham

What is happening in these photos??? What is the pixelated person (chubby guy?) doing??? #stopblurring&pixelatechubbyguys

Don't take it personally Cuddler, its not just chubby guys that get blurred in photos, I'm not sure exactly why they do this but often you'll see other members of the same group, bystanders, and backup dancers with just their faces blurred.

llehuty

T-ara N4 going to the U.S on the 23rd for Chris Brown's concert:
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2013...e-us-for-chris-brown-and-wiz-khalifa-concerts

They want to escape from Korea at all costs. I don't blame them. I'm here for all the meltdowns if they make it big in America.

Also received Flying Petal's photobook loot. Flipping through the photobook it's kind of scary all the places that FP goes for the stalking as there are pics for every event that Taengoo was at in 2012-13. There was even Running Man pics when Taeyeon guested in Ulsan, which means somehow FP knew that she was going to be guesting, the location, and the time when Taengoo was making her appearance. I'm glad FP is a chick because if it was a dude I'd want him arrested with a restraining order.
EkJqfUP.jpg

Niiiice! Glad you're back.

luso, source of that glorious first gif? I'm loving this Taeyeon spam.

tumblr_mk50ne78q31rjhjgno1_400.gif

[Teaser] CrispiCrunch - Sajangnim nice shot! 1st Teaser
[Teaser] CrispiCrunch - Sajangnim nice shot! 2nd Teaser

ramyeon

Hyuna has potential but she's still a girl compared with Hyori.
They have nothing in common anyway. Except maybe being the weakest vocally in their respective groups. Hyuna is trashy sexy and while it's great for guys, a lot of girls in Korea hate her style. Hyori is classy sexy and is a huge role model for heaps of women. They're totally different. Hyori wasn't forced sexy either, in fact she started off being super cutesy in Fin.KL and gradually started to show more.

ramyeon

Both pretty trashy in my opinion, at least. I've always found Lee Hyori's personality to be obnoxious as well.
How so? I'm really curious because everyone who seems to have met her in the flesh has nothing but praises for how down to earth and kind she is. That plus the fact that she stands against animal cruelty and is very public about an opinion that is really marginalised in Korea and in need of desperate attention. I don't see how an idol with a brain and a strong opinion is obnoxious. After reading her book I gained even more respect for her and what she's doing and stands for.

And I totally disagree with Hyori being trashy. Who would you consider classy sexy in kpop then?

As long as they don't release that Wolf demo that was leaked... They could easily release a 20 track album with all those demos they have recorded. Also I wonder if SM will let them sing live this time.
Uh oh, hopefully they've taken the time since the leak to make it considerably better.

http://allkpop.com/article/2013/05/exo-to-become-wolf-boys-for-their-title-track
As most of you probably heard already, EXO will be making their long awaited comeback and will howl their way into your hearts with their title track entitled, "Wolf" (Korean title is 'Wolf and a Beauty')!

Like the previous rumors, "Wolf" will indeed be the title track and it's a song that combines dubstep and hip hop. EXO is currently preparing to rock the stage with their powerful music and musical-like performance, and will actually be kicking off their comeback stages earlier than expected!

EXO-K and EXO-M will reunite as one to hold their first stage on 'M! Countdown' on May 30th prior to the release of their first album 'XOXO' on June 3rd. With their comeback stage on May 30th, it might be that the online release of the album may come sooner than June 3rd, so keep an eye out!

CL will be making her solo debut with "Bad Girl(s)", which is quite appropriate considering that she's described herself as 'the baddest female' previously!

YG-Life revealed the teaser poster above, and through a press release, revealed some details that fans should be interested in!

"'Bad Girl(s)' is a very slow hip hop beat track at 70 BPM, which is not that different from a ballad... It incorporates CL's powerful rap along with dougie dubstep and modern sounds," said a rep from the agency.

"The strategy as well as the point of this song is how powerfully CL can express it despite the slow beat."

To prepare, the rapper has spent time getting private instructions for the accompanying choreography in Japan, and also directly participated in the idea process of coming up with the set of the music video.

Although in Korean, the word '기집애' has a stronger and more negative meaning than just 'girl', YG Entertainment has revealed that they have decided to just go with 'Bad Girls' as the official English title for now. They explained that they are fully aware that Lee Hyori has just made her comeback with a song of the same title, but they believe there isn't another way to express the Korean title other than as 'Bad Girls'.
Wat

catmincer

How so? I'm really curious because everyone who seems to have met her in the flesh has nothing but praises for how down to earth and kind she is. That plus the fact that she stands against animal cruelty and is very public about an opinion that is really marginalised in Korea and in need of desperate attention. I don't see how an idol with a brain and a strong opinion is obnoxious. After reading her book I gained even more respect for her and what she's doing and stands for.

And I totally disagree with Hyori being trashy. Who would you consider classy sexy in kpop then?

I have great respect for her for that. She seems nice enough though plus I love U Go Girl, that was my song in 2009 haha.

Also CL can rap, she may not be the er prettiest to look at but bitch can rap.

How so? I'm really curious because everyone who seems to have met her in the flesh has nothing but praises for how down to earth and kind she is. That plus the fact that she stands against animal cruelty and is very public about an opinion that is really marginalised in Korea and in need of desperate attention. I don't see how an idol with a brain and a strong opinion is obnoxious. After reading her book I gained even more respect for her and what she's doing and stands for./QUOTE]

I remember I was rooting pretty hard for the other chick during the first episode of Running Man. Not sure if I'd call her behavior obnoxious, but while she's funny, Hyori didn't win my heart during that episode. That is the only time I've really seen her, so I guess I can kinda see where Selane is coming from.

milkham

I remember I was rooting pretty hard for the other chick during the first episode of Running Man. Not sure if I'd call her behavior obnoxious, but while she's funny, Hyori didn't win my heart during that episode. That is the only time I've really seen her, so I guess I can kinda see where Selane is coming from.

see if you can find family outing, if you can stand watching SD content its good and shes in every episode!

iFX3Hzifl6RKK.png

ramyeon

How so? I'm really curious because everyone who seems to have met her in the flesh has nothing but praises for how down to earth and kind she is. That plus the fact that she stands against animal cruelty and is very public about an opinion that is really marginalised in Korea and in need of desperate attention. I don't see how an idol with a brain and a strong opinion is obnoxious. After reading her book I gained even more respect for her and what she's doing and stands for./QUOTE]

Yeah see you're doing it wrong if you're judging someone from 1 hour of heavily edited variety TV lol.

And I thought she was hilarious in Running Man. I think people forget that those variety shows aren't natural, the people aren't showing their true personalities and they do have scripts and stuff that they need to follow to some extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom