• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fafnir

If it was a dude they wouldn't have the access that FP does. Fairly certain they have a secret handshake with SME, signed NDA as its a win win for both parties. Flying Petal gets exclusive/better than norm access to Girls Generation/virally promotes Girls Generation/Taeyoen further which in turns gets Girls Generation more fans = profit for SME

I like to dream that it's a bit more innocent, but it makes sense with SM allowing a lot of copyrighted material to exist online.

bFjZHqD.jpg

With RM the "game" aspect is whatever for me, the real reactions and interactions are what I'm interested in, like the car talk show parts when they are driving to locations and there is not a writer off camera with a sketchpad making suggestions on how to act. These days when I watch variety shows, I try to look behind the camera and see what's genuine. I still wonder to this day if the RM cast knew that Soshi was guesting because the cast's reactions in the opening were so good, but that's probably the normal reaction of being in Soshi's presence.
wqHqi.gif

The latest RM I watched was ep 115, the loveline with KJK and Moon Geun-Young was cute for a bit but by the time the chase started at the end I didn't even care who "won". The best part of the episode was seeing YJS take a beating during the dodgeball parts which was real.
MYhgKJw.gif

jQ2G0VU.gif

luso

Sooyoung chose Seohyun as the Girls’ Generation member she would like to bring to ‘Dating Agency’.

On May 22, the cast of tvN’s upcoming drama series ‘Dating Agency: Cyrano’ held a press conference at the Seoul Patio Nine. During the event, Sooyoung, who plays the bright romanticist Gong Min Young, chose Seohyun as the one who she wanted to bring to ‘Dating Agency’.

She explained, “When I’m reading the script, she comes to me and asks if she can read my script. She is of an age to date someone and she is a pure girl so I think it’ll be fun to manipulate love for her.”

When someone asked for Seohyun to have a special cameo appearance in the drama, Sooyoung said, “I think it will be possible as long as her schedule is free.”

*Dokish moment

neoism

I like to dream that it's a bit more innocent, but it makes sense with SM allowing a lot of copyrighted material to exist online.

bFjZHqD.jpg

tae. <3 <3
Petal's must be rich though but what do you mean by copyright material its not like Tae has a copyright on her... or you talking bout Petal's making money from the calendar's and shit...... is there a picture of her online somewhere...

Fafnir

tae. <3 <3
Petal's must be rich though but what do you mean by copyright material its not like Tae has a copyright on her... or you talking bout Petal's making money from the calendar's and shit...... is there a picture of her online somewhere...

I meant Soshi in general not just FP. I do think that SM owns the rights for anything Soshi does as Soshi, but allows content to exist online without them having to get a cut. For instance, Soshified's youtube channel with subbed content could be closed down if SM wanted, but I believe SM allows it because Soshified never tries to profit off the girls and they gain more international fans from the subbed content.

Individual fansites like FP and Tangpa...probably profit enough to pay for travel expenses and birthday gifts. The FP photobook I got stated that profits would be going towards recouping expenses to create the loot and the rest towards Taengoo's birthday gifts.

neoism

I meant Soshi in general not just FP. I do think that SM owns the rights for anything Soshi does as Soshi, but allows content to exist online without them having to get a cut. For instance, Soshified's youtube channel with subbed content could be closed down if SM wanted, but I believe SM allows it because Soshified never tries to profit off the girls and they gain more international fans from the subbed content.

Individual fansites like FP and Tangpa...probably profit enough to pay for travel expenses and birthday gifts. The FP photobook I got stated that profits would be going towards recouping expenses to create the loot and the rest towards Taengoo's birthday gifts.

lol that's crazy I seen one bday pic of all the loot and it was high quality stuff easily over 30k of stuff for tae's bday...

milkham

sm does try to keep certain prominent fans happy so I wouldn't be surprised if they are in contact with FP and Tangpa. Don't they also have those "working" fan clubs in korea where they interview you and expect you to show up and be excited like its a job but they don't pay you anything?

giri

sm does try to keep certain prominent fans happy so I wouldn't be surprised if they are in contact with FP and Tangpa. Don't they also have those "working" fan clubs in korea where they interview you and expect you to show up and be excited like its a job but they don't pay you anything?

Yep.

There's an actual official SM Sone fan club. You get access to their music shows and heads up about performances. But you're expected to not only pay to be a member, but required to attend a certain number of events every year.

And expected to know the fan chants and all that too.

DXPett1

The latest RM I watched was ep 115, the loveline with KJK and Moon Geun-Young was cute for a bit but by the time the chase started at the end I didn't even care who "won". The best part of the episode was seeing YJS take a beating during the dodgeball parts which was real.

Seriously, RM is the best show. So thankful due to Soshi's appearance that I discovered it. I'm currently doing a RM marathon, one show a night and even the older episodes are great. In fact, the early running format of being locked in a location until the morning is fantastic. It's a shame they don't go back to that every now and again.

The ddakji episodes probably add 20 minutes just from trying to build up the throws (which actually takes away from the enjoyment because they do it every freaking episode all the damn time).

That example though puts a hole in your whole argument. The production team was not expecting KJK to win with his first throw (though I was properly excited when that happened, man-crush and all that), KJK, the rest of the RM team and the production team were thrown a curve ball none of them expected. This harkens back to the earlier Running Man episodes where the show would end with a team challenge and 3 times in a row the RM team managed to smash the challenge despite the production team's testing during the week.

While I agree the RM cast play their role, they work with the production crew to refine their character and thus act in a certain matter to make the show more entertaining but I whether its via acting their role or normal interactions the majority of it would be genuine (game result's aside)

roaSone

Yep.

There's an actual official SM Sone fan club. You get access to their music shows and heads up about performances. But you're expected to not only pay to be a member, but required to attend a certain number of events every year.

And expected to know the fan chants and all that too.
I'd be interested in this kind of duty I think. maybe I'm giving it too less thoughts though..

On another hand, thanks YouTube for giving me this kind of recommendation, I just cracked up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u_mushKOs0

ramyeon

So Akdong Musician signed with YG... I guess it's the best possible outcome. They were bound to choose one of the three by contract. At least it wasn't SM or JYP, they both would have been much worse.

As long as YG doesn't have them start wearing ridiculous fashion and featuring 2NE1 and Big Bang in their songs.....:/

ramyeon

I hope Akdong really gets to do what they want instead of being extremely weird like all of YG has been of late.
I do believe YG gives creative freedom to acts that he did not create. For example Tablo and Psy both have pretty much control over their respective music (And don't tell me YG fucked up Epik High people, they did that themselves - his solo stuff was left all up to him and so was EH).

From watching kpop star YG does get Akdong's charm and style as well. I'm gonna be optimistic.

Ym1r

I do believe YG gives creative freedom to acts that he did not create. For example Tablo and Psy both have pretty much control over their respective music (And don't tell me YG fucked up Epik High people, they did that themselves - his solo stuff was left all up to him and so was EH).

From watching kpop star YG does get Akdong's charm and style as well. I'm gonna be optimistic.

If I recall correctly, while watching the YG family episode of Strong Heart, Tablo said he created the sounds to match the style of YG, and YG came and said he could do whatever he want, but he ended up just leaving it.

I just don't want Akdong to go around with GD's skrillex and Dara's tower hair, or have ridiculous rap breaks in their stuff. plz yg don't let me down.

ramyeon

If I recall correctly, while watching the YG family episode of Strong Heart, Tablo said he created the sounds to match the style of YG, and YG came and said he could do whatever he want, but he ended up just leaving it.

I just don't want Akdong to go around with GD's skrillex and Dara's tower hair, or have ridiculous rap breaks in their stuff. plz yg don't let me down.
Yep, they still did it themselves then. Epik High's style has always been very eclectic though - I'm sure they'll come back with something good.

And yeah I can't see that happening, even YG would understand that. The more I think about it the more glad I am it wasn't SM or JYP. They would have so much less freedom at either of those agencies.

Fafnir

I'm sure KSONEs are grateful just for the guaranteed seats, but yeah I would never be able to join because if by some miracle I ever met Soshi in a casual setting I wouldn't want them to see me as a fan.

nCnIRqr.gif

Seriously, RM is the best show. So thankful due to Soshi's appearance that I discovered it. I'm currently doing a RM marathon, one show a night and even the older episodes are great. In fact, the early running format of being locked in a location until the morning is fantastic. It's a shame they don't go back to that every now and again.

I loved the early concept of running around in a closed location at night, but I think it changed because celebrities didn't want to guest due to it was just too tiring to run around all night. I suspect some of those early challenges of drinking scalding hot coffee was just to keep the cast awake. I remember the Son Dambi/Shinyoung episode where Shinyoung was just too tired and found a hiding spot to crash lol

ramyeon

Wow, I can't believe Akdong is #1 on the Mnet real time charts with a song made for a commercial for Paris Baguette, and they're beating Lee Hyori. This goes to show how much popularity this group has at the moment - hopefully YG strikes while the iron's hot, I can't wait for an official debut :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom