• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

llehuty

Isn't spain, and i ask this in the nicest way, pretty fucked right now?

It is. The worst thing is that, right now, there is zero hope for things getting better anytime soon. I'm already with the bags packed, waiting to finish my studies, knowing for sure that I'm not going to live here.

Anyway...
tumblr_mnw0857fLY1qi7s6mo1_250.gif
tumblr_mnw0857fLY1qi7s6mo2_250.gif

tumblr_mnw0857fLY1qi7s6mo3_250.gif
tumblr_mnw0857fLY1qi7s6mo4_250.gif

Also

[info] nine muses said they will promote “wild” for 3 more weeks!
Enough time for Sungah and Kyungri's gay dance break.

milkham

It is. The worst thing is that, right now, there is zero hope for things getting better anytime soon. I'm already with the bags packed, waiting to finish my studies, knowing for sure that I'm not going to live here.

are you from somewhere else?

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
gogo so cal. all the cool people from kpopgaf live here. oh and you know, kpop concerts sometimes.

I don't know if she smokes but yeah if you've paid attention to her in interviews and whatnot she's clearly not a "pure"/naive idol type of woman. She's really cool.

She was lame as fuck on Running Man.

Sistar comeback teaser photo:

Instead of getting Brave Brothers to write the title track, they decided to go with Duble Sidekick who wrote 'Loving U' :/

dOL1A.gif

Just inject Soyu directly into my veins. Also, Loving U was awesome. Just not on the first listen.

You guys keep saying this, but where do you actually live? USA??? Australia???

Norway here. I went to school with two kids adopted from Korea. Aside from them, I don't think I've seen a single Korean.

ramyeon

Oh, it's 성아 not 승아, but that romanization still sucks ass.
Sungah for 성아 and Seungah for 승아 are two of the better romanizations in Korean.

USA.

While AU has a growing number of koreans ... there's still not that many of them here.

Not enough to form "neighbourhoods" anyway.
What? We both live in the same city right? Essentially the entire lower half of the city from Starbucks on the Myer centre to the botanic gardens is entirely Korean owned. There's like 10 Korean restaurants on a few streets, supermarkets, clothes stores, norebang, PC bang and even apartment complexes all run by Koreans.

giri

Sungah for 성아 and Seungah for 승아 are two of the better romanizations in Korean.

What? We both live in the same city right? Essentially the entire lower half of the city from Starbucks on the Myer centre to the botanic gardens is entirely Korean owned. There's like 10 Korean restaurants on a few streets, supermarkets, clothes stores, norebang, PC bang and even apartment complexes all run by Koreans.

Yeah, we do. And i know the area you mean. I go there all the time (cheap alcohol and good food). But it's still not what i'd call a "Korean hood". There's tons of non-Korean places mixed in there, and most of it is still office blocks of large companies. I mean, 5 years ago that was just all .jp places for the most part.

Even the Korean stores largely sell non-Korean produce, just generic Chinese/Japanese imports.

Though A Plus does always have k-pop going.

It's what i'd call our Korean hood, but eh, i think its still better known for the pancake manor (24hr pancake/waffle place).

Or maybe I've just become desensitized considering how many Asians in general have been moving into this city.

ramyeon

Yeah, we do. And i know the area you mean. I go there all the time (cheap alcohol and good food). But it's still not what i'd call a "Korean hood". There's tons of non-Korean places mixed in there, and most of it is still office blocks of large companies. I mean, 5 years ago that was just all .jp places for the most part.

Even the Korean stores largely sell non-Korean produce, just generic Chinese/Japanese imports.

It's what i'd call our Korean hood, but eh, i think its still better known for the pancake manor (24hr pancake/waffle place).

Or maybe I've just become desensitized considering how many Asians in general have been moving into this city.
Koz Mart, E Mart and Hanaro Mart all sell Korean produce not Japanese or Chinese imports. There's not that many office blocks there really, and a lot of the high rise apartments as I mentioned are owned by Koreans and most of the residents are international students. Most of these places have popped up in the past few years. I remember at first Hanwoori was about the only Korean restaurant in that area, now there's tonnes. It's definitely growing and places like Madtongsan, Obaltan and Red & Grill have become super popular with non Koreans in the past few years too.

Pancake Manor is shite, besides being a nice building their food is really average.

I mean it's small compared to K Town or something, but Brisbane is such a tiny CBD in the first place it's relatively pretty large.

Cuddler

USA.

While AU has a growing number of koreans ... there's still not that many of them here.

Not enough to form "neighbourhoods" anyway.
I understand, Australia seems like a nice place to live anyway.
Pretty much like all expat communities, when Koreans emigrate they like to move into areas with other Koreans expats. County I live in now is required to give out Korean electoral ballots in the United States, due to how many Koreans live in the county, and I know there are at least 2 in California that are required to as well (Asian immigration is always going to be higher on the West Coast of the United States due to proximity reasons).
Interesting, I didn't know about that, thank you.
Thanks and edited, although I don't think anybody goes back to those posts.
Thank you for the correction, I think that they are interesting post, and it's possible that maybe there is someone that want to go back to see what is out every week, you never know. :)
Nope. I'm open to suggestions.
Similar situation even if I'm not that sure about living.
gogo so cal. all the cool people from kpopgaf live here. oh and you know, kpop concerts sometimes.
Cali people are so smug, don't go there.
Cool??? Where are the simple and nice people???
cool people from kpopgaf seems nice anyway
East coast, best coast.
What are the major differences?
Or just go Korea. And kpop all the time.

Bonus, fewer Americans.
That's the idea
and I'm not talking about the fewer Americans
, but I think I should visit first and see how good is to live there for me.
I think I've never seen a korean in Spain.
I don't blame them.
Norway here. I went to school with two kids adopted from Korea. Aside from them, I don't think I've seen a single Korean.
I've never seen any Korean here (that I know of).

giri

Koz Mart, E Mart and Hanaro Mart all sell Korean produce not Japanese or Chinese imports. There's not that many office blocks there really, and a lot of the high rise apartments as I mentioned are owned by Koreans and most of the residents are international students. Most of these places have popped up in the past few years. I remember at first Hanwoori was about the only Korean restaurant in that area, now there's tonnes. It's definitely growing and places like Madtongsan, Obaltan and Red & Grill have become super popular with non Koreans in the past few years too.

Pancake Manor is shite, besides being a nice building their food is really average.

I mean it's small compared to K Town or something, but Brisbane is such a tiny CBD in the first place it's relatively pretty large.

You forgot the best place of all anyway. Funny Funny.

And I've also been to ALL those places. I feel glutinous. But i remember how good the food was and don't care.

Have you been to wara wara? It looks good, but don't know anyone that has been there.

And pancake manor is fine as long as you only get the pancakes or waffles. Anything else and it's pretty bad. But the interior is so very run down. And the ground floor (the one below) is a cesspool.

ramyeon

You forgot the best place of all anyway. Funny Funny.

And I've also been to ALL those places. I feel glutinous. But i remember how good the food was and don't care.

Have you been to wara wara? It looks good, but don't know anyone that has been there.

And pancake manor is fine as long as you only get the pancakes or waffles. Anything else and it's pretty bad. But the interior is so very run down. And the ground floor (the one below) is a cesspool.
Funny Funny's alright, the owners are pretty rude though. I've heard bad stories of them. Haven't tried WaraWara yet since it opened while I was in Korea. Funny thing is, the name "Funny Funny" is a rip off of "WaraWara" which is a chain of Korean style pubs in Korea, and now there's a fake WaraWara here too lol.

Pretty much all the restaurants and supermarkets are fake versions of Korean chains. The best one is this tiny rundown convenience store up near Riverside called Lotte Mart haha.

I'd love to see Gordon Ramsay do Kitchen Nightmares on the Pancake Manor lol.

Draxal

So yeah about Ktown in LA?

There's more Latinos that live there than there are Asians

Just saying, that there doesn't have to be a majority of Koreans there to be a Korean neighborhood.

giri

Funny Funny's alright, the owners are pretty rude though. I've heard bad stories of them. Haven't tried WaraWara yet since it opened while I was in Korea. Funny thing is, the name "Funny Funny" is a rip off of "WaraWara" which is a chain of Korean style pubs in Korea, and now there's a fake WaraWara here too lol.

Pretty much all the restaurants and supermarkets are fake versions of Korean chains. The best one is this tiny rundown convenience store up near Riverside called Lotte Mart haha.

I'd love to see Gordon Ramsay do Kitchen Nightmares on the Pancake Manor lol.

Never had problems with the staff @ funny funny. Pretty sure we got under charged even.

Wara Wara is more Japanese though, but it looks good.

And yeah, i've been up to the lotte mart, lol'd. It's even in the same font and colour.

Also, don't ruin my illusions about pancake manor. Drunk me loves that place. 5am? drunk? tired? Fuck yeah, Waffles!

ramyeon

Never had problems with the staff @ funny funny. Pretty sure we got under charged even.

Wara Wara is more Japanese though, but it looks good.

And yeah, i've been up to the lotte mart, lol'd. It's even in the same font and colour.

Also, don't ruin my illusions about pancake manor. Drunk me loves that place. 5am? drunk? tired? Fuck yeah, Waffles!
Yeah I haven't had any issues myself, I know people who have been treated pretty badly though. I do like their bomb drinks with the whiskey/soju/sake lol.

I think Korea actually got WaraWara from Japan originally, there's heaps of them in Japan too. The name is Japanese at least anyway, it's from the kanji for "laugh". In Korea they serve Korean style food though.

E Mart's a pretty bad rip off too lol and Madtongsan is a brand name of a chip/snack in Korea. Obviously the owners aren't the most creative people around.

mr_chun

You guys keep saying this, but where do you actually live? USA??? Australia???

United States.

Pro-tip; Google H-Mart, use store locator, go to one of those places. I live in Georgia, but there are also several of them in Cali, New York, and New Jersey.

luso

Some news:

Wonder Girls’ Yubin to be featured on Ivy’s comeback title track

Singer Ivy will be joining the summer comeback rush with a new dance track later this month. After revealing a mysterious teaser earlier, she has released a new teaser, announcing her title track and its featured artist.

On June 5, Ivy updated her personal blog with new teaser image. According to the post, Wonder Girls’ rapper Yubin will be participating as the rapper on Ivy’s title track, “I Dance”, to much excitement of the fans.

In addition, Yubin will also be featured in the track’s music video as well as scheduled to perform alongside Ivy during her comeback stages.

“I Dance” will have a mix of tango, hip-hop and electronic sound. This will be Ivy’s first dance track in three years since ‘Touch Me’ in 2009.

T-ara's maknae Areum finally joins Instagram.

T-ara's Hyomin and soon to be youngest member Dani has joined Instagram few weeks ago and another member of the group is now on Instagram and it is non other than Areum. Areum already posted some photos on her account including the one above.

Follow these T-ara members on Instagram:
Areum: @army1004
Hyomin: @hyominnn
Dani: @cookiemonster3783
They probably skip commentaries to avoid antis.

No No Eul

irJ8UWzjS1oMX.gif

Those Sistar teasers look amazing
aside from the rubber gloves draped over Hyorin's head. What's that about?

Edit: Oops. Dasom, not Hyorin.

Please tell me there's more of that Nine Muses set.

There is.

After School's Kaeun said:
"We will be finally filming our MV tomorrow~ hehe. I'm nervous ㅠㅠWe ask for your support ~♥

So they would have started filming yesterday and the MV's release date is June 13th. I wonder what Lizzy's going to do if she's still on crutches.

Yejin looking great. Shame it's such a blurry photo.

The first proper episode of Amazing f(x) has been subbed. Also, IY episode 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom