• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuddler

2BiC (투빅) _ Return (feat. Hareem, Hotoo) (회복이 급해) (feat.하림, 호투)

SjLl3sA.jpg

6Fo5AO6.jpg

HiFli7d.jpg

a2RnVLC.jpg

JzSI4oQ.jpg

fbiAxew.jpg

8q1pPlq.jpg

Another really great song from 2BiC, I like it a lot! And good video, mostly composed of image from their trip in USA (mostly Los Angeles I guess) some months ago. Smiles everywhere, they are so cute! You can read the translated lyrics In English on that video if you want. Great 2BiC!!

After School released a new teaser shot.

AmrAFKG.jpg

10/10, would stare at again. I get the feeling I'm going to love all of these teaser pics...

kyungri sogood.gif

Jeeeesus...she's definitely my current favorite of the group, though I've only just gotten familiar with them...Sera's a very close 2nd and everyone else is tied for 3rd.

Also, Chocolat had a short performance of their new song "Black Tinkerbell": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iUasvid3lQ&t=5m34s

ryan-ts

:confused:

there are plenty of boy bands that embody exactly what AS hopes to achieve with the overall product they're pushing.

What does that have to do with you saying that you prefer boy bands? All I'm saying is that if After School had deeper voices you'd be worshiping them.

(._.)

Banned
What does that have to do with you saying that you prefer boy bands?

I prefer groups with a distinctive style, fashion and a certain level of talent displayed through dance and vocals. I would say there happens to be more boy groups produced to this standard that fall into this groove compared to girl groups. Hence my preference for them.

ryan-ts

I prefer groups with a distinctive style, fashion and a certain level of talent displayed through dance and vocals. I would say there happens to be more boy groups produced to this standard that fall into this groove compared to girl groups. Hence my preference for them.

Groups change concepts so much in K-Pop, most of them don't have a distinctive style or fashion. I'd say that's a good thing, who wants the same thing over and over? As for talent level, in most groups there's two or three people who can sing and the rest are just there for a line or two or provide mediocre rapping. Guys tend to have more complicated and physically demanding choreography, 2PM's Heartbeat for instance, but I never see them as being more noteworthy or memorable then something simple and easy like the Abracadabra dance. I find guy groups and girl groups are about even, I certainly don't believe there's anything to suggest male groups are notably superior.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
since when the fuck were you about the music? either you're trolling right now or you're a hypocrite.

(._.)

Banned
Groups change concepts so much in K-Pop, most of them don't have a distinctive style or fashion. I'd say that's a good thing, who wants the same thing over and over? As for talent level, in most groups there's two or three people who can sing and the rest are just there for a line or two or provide mediocre rapping. Guys tend to have more complicated and physically demanding choreography, 2PM's Heartbeat for instance, but I never see them as being more noteworthy or memorable then something simple and easy like the Abracadabra dance. I find guy groups and girl groups are about even, I certainly don't believe there's anything to suggest male groups are notably superior.

Yes, they do but the shifts in concepts doesn't always take away from the overall style established by some groups. I don't necessary mind the trying of new things. I would say vocals scale evenly between boy and girls groups. However I think you're understating choreography. It's very noticeable and much more memorable for me especially coming from exclusively paying attention to 'after school' tier groups for 'after school' related reasons. I would say the best both have to offer are very close in terms of quality but I feel like there are a tad more in the male group department that excel a bit more in other areas girl groups don't, mainly choreography related.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
don't need to search for shit. everyone knows you've gotten on people for 'being into it only for the girls' plenty of times BREH. you kept interests in both? my ass. yeah fucking right.

It's cool to see Areia has been moving up in the world. Hope they'll still be making remixes though. Song is decent.

Lol. Talk about typecasting. Kim Na Gil or whatever his name is played almost the exact same role in Bad Guy. I also hate his fucking mustache. It belongs on a teenager that still hasn't acquired full facial hair growth. So bad.

I'm gonna need someone to watch Shark for me, and let me know how it ends. Bad Guy had a terrible ending.
One thing is that he dies, but it's the manner in which he does, and how no one finds out what happened to him, so Han Ga-Ins character is just left wondering. No fucking closure.

Also, Chocolat had a short performance of their new song "Black Tinkerbell": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iUasvid3lQ&t=5m34s

Song is pretty good. The I can't Leave You chorus does unfortunately not live up to the rest of the song on the first listens. It's a shame, because the rest of the song is really fucking good. Still hyped!

Top 5 After School songs:

5. Rambling Girls
ibgqwAMhziTR4C.gif

4. Diva
iN2i88nrO73RF.gif

3. Flashback
ibh7zEfEUmwKfz.gif

2. Shampoo
iEJQ3sLwTRwkN.gif

1. Because of You
ii53OAFBIXSSC.gif

Excellent list. I'd probably move the exact positions around a little, and swap out Rambling Girls for Ah! or Dilly Dally. Eyeline could also get a spot, but I don't think of it as an AS song, it's all Nana, just like Dream of Clara is all Lizzys.

nana and lizzy are hot tho so who cares right????

More like they put out good songs, the girls are hot as hell, and I can't tell between a good dancer and a bad one unless you put them next to each other (HARA AND SUZY), so I don't care!

beatsan

Neo Member
Top 5 After School songs:

Nice list.

I seem to like their more electronic/dance tracks as opposed to their slower songs. I mean...I like Shampoo and Ah, but I don't listen to them as often as the ones listed.

5. Virgin
4. Eyeline
3. Bang
2. Flashback
1. Diva

Peru

tumblr_mnxqzfTQ231rud8c7o1_500.png

‘Time’s Up’ is the debut song of E-young as a producer / songwriter, she is responsible for the part played on piano. The song contains a lyric that speaks when someone looks at the past and would like everything to be like before.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Does that mean she regrets joining After School?

Been stanning that girl since AS Blue. She keeps getting hotter, too.

If that's how Pledis' studio is set up... I'm rating that as a 5/5 Perus.

From what I can see, 8 main tracks and the anything else has to be routed on the main 8 track. And that monitor... holy hell, I can't imagine working with Pro Tools on a small ass monitor.

My cheapass college is better equipped than them... and they're not even putting any funding into the audio engineering program. @_____@

vanty

So I was never really paying attention a week or two ago when the Perus rating thing began... is it more Perus = worse?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Since when does Pledis ever produce their own shit anyway? This isn't LOEN we're talking about.

So I was never really paying attention a week or two ago when the Perus rating thing began... is it more Perus = worse?
Yes, and it's supposed to just be for shoes on women.

Timurid

It's cool to see Areia has been moving up in the world. Hope they'll still be making remixes though. Song is decent.

Lol. Talk about typecasting. Kim Na Gil or whatever his name is played almost the exact same role in Bad Guy. I also hate his fucking mustache. It belongs on a teenager that still hasn't acquired full facial hair growth. So bad.

I'm gonna need someone to watch Shark for me, and let me know how it ends. Bad Guy had a terrible ending.
One thing is that he dies, but it's the manner in which he does, and how no one finds out what happened to him, so Han Ga-Ins character is just left wondering. No fucking closure.

Song is pretty good. The I can't Leave You chorus does unfortunately not live up to the rest of the song on the first listens. It's a shame, because the rest of the song is really fucking good. Still hyped!

Excellent list. I'd probably move the exact positions around a little, and swap out Rambling Girls for Ah! or Dilly Dally. Eyeline could also get a spot, but I don't think of it as an AS song, it's all Nana, just like Dream of Clara is all Lizzys.

More like they put out good songs, the girls are hot as hell, and I can't tell between a good dancer and a bad one unless you put them next to each other (HARA AND SUZY), so I don't care!
I know, Hara was utter shit in that dance off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom