• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

In Korea if you laugh at the absurdity of extremists you apparently agree with them.
There's nothing in that tweet to suggest either way, the association is enough.

But I don't think enough people even know about them for it to become an issue.

ramyeon

maybe someone can explain what ilbe is? why it's a controversy to read the site? cause i don't get it
It's a board for extremist conservatives and is infamous for being full of misogynists and pretty unsavoury types. They became more well known for being huge supporters of Park Geun Hye during the last election.

giri

i wanna get into k-pop but this thread is hella intimidating... dunno where to start

Most of the people here are far too helpful.

Just list the groups / songs you like and we'll make far too many recommendations you can spend all your time listening too :p

The easiest place though is usually to watch a few of the weekly music shows. They run thursday, friday, saturday and sunday nights (KST)

Music Core put all theirs up on youtube

wwlnd

Banned
tumblr_mhdva5Eeya1rcoad1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhdv5waOVz1rcoad1o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mhdv8spF7i1rcoad1o1_1280.jpg

pikpok

Neo Member
8ggDjjr.gif

Hey guys I've been searching all over for the source of this cute OC gif and finally found it. It's from 121018 Mnet M! Countdown backstage but all copies were pulled from YouTube (the official Mnet YouTube page only has the perf cut).

I managed to find the full episode of 121018 M! Countdown on tudou (popular Chinese video site) available in HD (1.2 GB) but the downloader I use for crawling video files only gives me the direct download link for the lowest quality 240p version (147 MB). Can anybody help me find a way to download the HD copy? Streaming is kind of a pain since the entire show is 76 minutes long. I've asked elsewhere but yet to have gotten a reply.

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/etaTvby9XLE

Edit: I forgot to mention that tudou tries to make you download their proprietary software in order to download their videos but it's bloatware and I won't really use it for much else so I'm kinda holding out for another solution that doesn't require that.

NyoRx

Apparently during the latest fan signing, Minha revealed that Nine Muses is preparing for a September comeback. Get hypeeed.

ramyeon

lol damn they take that Ilbe shit really seriously....
Young Korean people take their politics pretty seriously and conservatism is really frowned upon by the younger generation in general.

I remember all of my friends while I was in Korea last year being devastated when Park Geun Hye won the election, and especially angered when the voting demographic charts came out and an unexpected amount of university age voters were voting for the conservative party. A lot of which would have been the Ilbe push to get Park Geun Hye in power.

I know without context it sounds stupid to care so much about an online community that much, but try to understand that there's a bit more to it than that.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying all young conservatives in Korea are bad, I have friends that vote conservatively (Although that's mostly due to their parents, even they admit). Ilbe users are very extreme conservative and a different breed entirely. Ilbe users applaud or even deny attrocities caused by past governments, make fun of tragedies and have an extremely backwards way of thinking. They wouldn't have even backed Park Geun Hye if she was not part of the conservative party and the daughter of Park Chung Hee due to her being a woman. Ironically she seems to not give a single fuck about women's rights.

ramyeon

So to sum this up and to make sure I understand, because of that tweet people think they're crazy conservative hatemonger douchebags, even if they aren't, and will now blacklist them?

LOL damn.
To be honest Crayon Pop aren't even important enough for people to blacklist or care about. I doubt there'll be any attention drawn to it at all.

giri

So to sum this up and to make sure I understand, because of that tweet people think they're crazy conservative hatemonger douchebags, even if they aren't, and will now blacklist them?

LOL damn.

On the contrary.

This might actually get them noticed for 5 seconds.

Before people go back to not caring about them.

(._.)

Banned
she is my fav idol outside of SNSD besides Sunhwa...shes so damn gorgeous, shes looks like Tae's younger sister...
477104.jpg

she's my fav along w/ hyuna

She used to look much better than she does now.

She's become a bit too thin and her proportions all look weird now :(

she lost a little weight but still has a slender yet shapely figure and occasionally softly curling brown hair ❤❤❤

EDIT: I'm never gonna criticize her on her (or any idols except maybe Tiffany) body anymore she's perfect no matter what!!!

ramyeon

she lost a little weight but still has a slender yet shapely figure and occasionally softly curling brown hair ❤❤❤

EDIT: I'm never gonna criticize her on her (or any idols except maybe Tiffany) body anymore she's perfect no matter what!!!
iyAVF4C3I30Ph.gif

Gu Family Book is such trash. I feel bad watching it sometimes but I can't stop. Suzy's acting is like watching a wooden plank but she's Suzy so it's not as painful as it could be. But why can't I wait to see the next episode? Dammit.

giri

iyAVF4C3I30Ph.gif

Gu Family Book is such trash. I feel bad watching it sometimes but I can't stop. Suzy's acting is like watching a wooden plank but she's Suzy so it's not as painful as it could be. But why can't I wait to see the next episode? Dammit.

Huh? Gu Family Book is pure AWESOME.

It's like a Live Action Anime basically.

It's so bad, that i can't help but want to watch it.

And Suzy is probably one of the better actors from the main cast. And that aint saying much.

ramyeon

Huh? Gu Family Book is pure AWESOME.

It's like a Live Action Anime basically.

It's so bad, that i can't help but want to watch it.

And Suzy is probably one of the better actors from the main cast. And that aint saying much.
Yeah it's terribly bad/good. I don't even know how I feel about it except that they put these ridiculous cliffhangers at the end of each episode so I have to keep watching.

Lee Seung Gi is a little better than Suzy imo, but neither of them are especially great. It's all cheese though so it doesn't really detract from the show. Suzy's cute as fuck anyway so I couldn't care less lol.

giri

Yeah it's terribly bad/good. I don't even know how I feel about it except that they put these ridiculous cliffhangers at the end of each episode so I have to keep watching.

Lee Seung Gi is a little better than Suzy imo, but neither of them are especially great. It's all cheese though so it doesn't really detract from the show. Suzy's cute as fuck anyway so I couldn't care less lol.

Don't watch I Miss You if you don't want cliff hangers.

Considering how often people cry on i Miss You i'm surprised that someone didn't die from dehydration.

Was good though. And it encourages girls to drink. So i'm pro-that.

vanty

I don't think you need to quote pictures anymore since they auto-resize to page width unless you click them.

And that drawing is fucking hilarious Ym1r ahahaha

Fuck all the prejudiced haters. She's pretty. Too skinny atm though.

NeoGAF Dark:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=65531001#post65531001

Just installed and it's muuuuuuch more better now lol. My only complaint is the title and text box as it's still white and stuff but I don't think it's possible to change that so it's all good.

They added a dark theme button on the top. Not sure if it is the same, but I definitely like this more than the original theme.

also, big images no longer break the page, they autosize to the width of the page. One click to see them full size.

Testing it with cute Lizzy

Edit:
0228523A51C5C211031061

Won't let me click it. Chrome, 1980x1080 display.

Sistar, Nine Muses and Girl's Day really dropping them Korean tracks nonstop. I love it. Fuck promoting songs in Japan (for the most part).

Look at all that hair. Sooyoung confirmed for bottom tier.

ramyeon

If pictures aren't resizing when you click them it's because the page hasn't fully loaded yet, including any gifs or whatever. Tested on the last page and once that huge gif of Tiffany loaded it expanded fine.

llehuty

Holy shit, 9Muses already recorded the title track for next comeback. Keep your hype in check.

2NEnstagram

Crayon Pop's agency clarifies Ilbe controversy (in korean). Netizenbuzz article
Waiting for the people from that page with "breaking kpop celebrity news and gossip!" to move their asses and translate it.

Secret comeback in July with retro song 'AGO-IGO' via klogg

11022C3B516A4853025BB0

Areum.gif

Fuck all the prejudiced haters. She's pretty. Too skinny atm though.

She actually does look good there... I'm impressed.

Sistar, Nine Muses and Girl's Day really dropping them Korean tracks nonstop. I love it. Fuck promoting songs in Japan (for the most part).

Redeeming 2013. If we had to trust only in "bigger groups" we would be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom