• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

luso

Girl's Day and Rainbow pretty much traded roles.

eh eh, right on.

Yura... it's glorious.

Song is inferior to Expectation and Don't Forget Me though.

tumblr_movq0echbN1rqp6ezo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mow0x516xf1qc2fqjo1_1280.jpg

Clipse

Anyone planning to do a mid-year poll? Forgot who set it up last year.

SISTAR's 'Give It to Me' is definitely my favorite song this year so far.

luso

Anyone planning to do a mid-year poll? Forgot who set it up last year.

SISTAR's 'Give It to Me' is definitely my favorite song this year so far.

It was me, but now I'm too lazy and I also didn't followed so closely the releases this year.
Anyone, be my guest.
Edit: Me, on 1st semester.

New Crayon Pop MV is awesome, pretty funny too.

Got better after a second listening.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm not doing another poll. First you spend hours on end looking up dates of shit to make sure you got everything from the correct months and didn't forget stuff, then you either include everything to be fair or try to pare it down to keep it simple and save people time, then you get a lot of complaints either way, then figuring out how to process the data is a bitch if it isn't literally your job.

Pendulum

People are going to remember their top 3 or 5 anyway without prompting. Might as well just list them ourselves
once 4Minute has done their song on the hope it's decent
and whoever can be arsed can tally the votes if no one is going all masochistic and do a poll.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
People are going to remember their top 3 or 5 anyway without prompting. Might as well just list them ourselves
once 4Minute has done their song on the hope it's decent
and whoever can be arsed can tally the votes if no one is going all masochistic and do a poll.
Well because of this it is ultimately just a popularity contest, anyway. And when you realize that and that popularity isn't determined by quality, because objective quality doesn't so much even exist when it comes to music, and even insofar as there is a wide range of subjective tastes in music, those become narrowed as popularity creates social contexts that makes things more enjoyable as you share then with others... Well, the poll is then just a direct observance of what we already know.

It can be useful for bringing things not often spoken of into light, like opinions on rookie groups, but then that is only if popular groups are excluded from view because if incorporated they will dominate the rookies, especially as maybe 2/3 of the people in this thread (who show up in polls more often than conversation) aren't into kpop enough to even know who the rookies are.

Pendulum

Well because of this it is ultimately just a popularity contest, anyway. And when you realize that and that popularity isn't determined by quality, because objective quality doesn't so much even exist when it comes to music, and even insofar as there is a wide range of subjective tastes in music, those become narrowed as popularity creates social contexts that makes things more enjoyable as you share then with others... Well, the poll is then just a direct observance of what we already know.

It can be useful for bringing things not often spoken of into light, like opinions on rookie groups, but then that is only if popular groups are excluded from view because if incorporated they will dominate the rookies, especially as maybe 2/3 of the people in this thread (who show up in polls more often than conversation) aren't into kpop enough to even know who the rookies are.

Sounds to me like you are volunteering ;p
mission accomplished

Hellix

For this year, I am finding the other songs on the album are better than the singles they are promoting. After School, Sistar, and 4minute are recent ones that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom