• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

dokish

Banned
K Pop Gaf is a place with a lot of diversity. Any people who work with video editing here? Soon I'm buying a Tokina lens, I wanna start making short movies of Seoul and it's people. I need quality software on Macbook. Any recommendations?

beatsan

Neo Member
Yuras Day is the best day of the week.

New song is underwhelming tho. I guess they need more sexy 'cause they have a lot of cute already.

BoA in a Step Up movie? Looks cheesy. Hope it does ok though

Crayon Pop is over after Ilbe. But Hyosung survived...? What's her secret?

Need Chocolat covered fancams.

Amazing f(x) is amazing entertainment. Really appreciate Ice Cream (Idiotape Remix) more after watching Luna jam out to it.

Sooyoung has surprised me in Dating Agency Cyrano. Really like her character.

I wonder what kind of movies you'll be making...
Rated DOKISH

Scenery and the great weather, what else?
100% real and Uncensored

From YG said:
When will G-Dragon be releasing his solo album?

On August 18 2009, G-Dragon released his first solo album with the celebration of his 21st birthday.
This year, he is planning to unveil another solo regular album on the same date as 4 years ago.

Just like the first album, he will be in charge of composing and writing every song, plus the album production.
The album will consist of 10 songs.

This weekend marks the finale of his grand solo World Tour. For the past few months
G-Dragon has been performing 25 times around the world, and the ending will be held in Singapore.
As soon as he crosses the finish line of his World Tour, he will be devoting his whole energy on another project,
which includes his album jacket shooting and wrapping-up process of his 2nd solo regular album.

His 2nd regular album is like pulling out a diamond from a treasure box
because the album was already in the process of making when a mini album was released last September.

What is special about G-Dragon’s 2nd solo album?

With the 2nd solo album, what we decided to do was to have one legendary foreign artist
feature in it rather than have several. There were many male rappers on the list,
but what YG was looking for was a female rapper – and there was just one. We found the answer so quickly
and we were unanimous on choosing this artist.

And she is – Missy Elliott.

If you know a tiny bit about hip-hop, you would know this legendary artist.
I feel that an introduction of her is unnecessary as everyone knows her, so here’s a very simple background.
She is a hip-hop legend who produced a huge number of big hits that set her apart from other artists.
If you are unfamiliar with hip-hop, just take a peek of her songs “Get Ur Freak On” and “Work It” on YouTube,
and you will recognize her in a matter of seconds.

Missy Elliott partnered with Timbaland, and their amazing synergy produced the following songs:
1997 – SUPA DUPA FLY (Album): “The Rain”
2001 – MISS E… SO ADDICTIVE (Album): “Get Ur Freak On” and “One Minute Man”
2002 – UNDER CONSTRUCTION (album): “Gossip Folks” and “Work It”
2005 – The Cook Book (album): “Lose Control”
These songs put her on a global stardom, and the musicians she teamed up with also include
top-notch artists like 50 Cent, Jay Z., Ludacris, Busta Rhymes, and Mary J. Blige.
But unfortunately she had to stop everything abruptly for health reasons,
which halted all music related activities including releasing another album.

This is why it was extra difficult for G-Dragon to ask her to feature in his song.

For the last several months, YG has spared no effort in asking Missy Elliott to feature in G-Dragon’s song.
We have been sending her G-Dragon-related information including his songs. And finally,
we were able to win her interest for G-Dragon’s creativity and music, and now she will be
featuring in G-Dragon’s new solo album.

Any more details on the song featuring Missy Elliott?

This track is a song by YG’s main producer, Teddy, that has a very unique hip-hop beat like
other Missy Elliott’s tracks. Missy Elliott and G-Dragon exchanged ideas extensively over the phone,
and they decided that G-Dragon would come up with the lyrics and rap for demonstration,
which will be given to Missy Elliott in the U.S., who will then add her own rap to complete the song.

G-Dragon’s song featuring the female hip-hop legend breaks away from the convention
with a hint of Korean taste. The tinge of a voice sample from a Korean traditional folk song “Nilliliya”
makes it a one-of-a-kind, classy hip-hop track.

Diplo, the world-renowned DJ and a songwriter, who has been part of ‘Knock Out’,
will also be participating in this album.

I will come back with more details on G-Dragon’s album and a track list soon!

When will Taeyang announce his solo album plans?

To be continued… see you all tomorrow!
No one gives a shit about another GD solo album right now. Give us the news on YB's solo!!!!

Exercise

Neo Member
So Jessica opened up a weibo account, out of nowhere, I didn't think she was that popular with Chinese fans. A part of me thinks she went with this because she didn't want to deal with the shit she (unfairly) gets from international haters.

Still better than nothing:

http://www.weibo.com/syjessica

vanty

Hasn't GD had like 8 solo albums? They seem to come out every few months.

She's famous and popular. Crayon Pop is neither of these things so they're very easy to brush aside.

Selane

cJ5sE6E.jpg

get a room you two

ramyeon

Hyosung's was a bigger deal. Because people actually cared about it.

Most people are just saying that Crayon Pop's management did this on purpose to get attention or commenting asking who Crayon Pop are.

Crayon Pop is one of the few groups more well known and more popular outside of Korea than inside.

Did not disappoint. Both the song and video are great.
I'm disappointed. I want Jint to get his edge back instead of making rehashes of 좋아보여. It's good, but he's capable of so much more.

Need Chocolat covered fancams.

I Like It
I Like It
Black Tinkerbell
Black Tinkerbell
I Like It [Melanie]
I Like It [Tia]
Black Tinkerbell [Tia]
Black Tinkerbell [Min Soa]

It's such a shame that they do not have an alternative dance for One More Day, sans the chairs. I Like It is awesome and all that, but One More Day is still their best song. Wish they could perform that along with the other two.

In other news, Wild [Sera].

Scenery and the great weather, what else?

Unsuspecting females...

beatsan

Neo Member
She's famous and popular. Crayon Pop is neither of these things so they're very easy to brush aside.

Hyosung's was a bigger deal. Because people actually cared about it.

Most people are just saying that Crayon Pop's management did this on purpose to get attention or commenting asking who Crayon Pop are.

Crayon Pop is one of the few groups more well known and more popular outside of Korea than inside.

Yeah, that makes sense. CPop may have dodged a bullet here then. I'm sure most of the NOW loyal fans aren't really thinking much about this issue either...cause it really doesn't make sense. I still think they need a better effort than Bar Bar to make any impact. I feel like they downgraded after Bing Bing and Dancing Queen, While I'm not a fan of the new song, I'll still look forward to future releases and of course their CPop TV webisodes.

I Like It
I Like It
Black Tinkerbell
Black Tinkerbell
I Like It [Melanie]
I Like It [Tia]
Black Tinkerbell [Tia]
Black Tinkerbell [Min Soa]

It's such a shame that they do not have an alternative dance for One More Day, sans the chairs. I Like It is awesome and all that, but One More Day is still their best song. Wish they could perform that along with the other two.

Oh wow. Thanks~

GDragon News

Well, I'll look forward to it. I'm just tired of the same sound coming from YG these days. MichiGO may have been good if GDragon didn't already put out music that sounds just like it. It seemed like just another copy and paste effort. While, not bad, it was not anything special.That and video didn't make much sense. This is why I thought GDragon should just take a long break, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I'm hopeful of some good stuff with Missy and Diplo involved.

But anyway, Taeyang and Seungri i'm definitely waiting for what they have been working on.

Pendulum

4minute teaser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfLbz7u1nlA

Hyuna looks healthier ^^

21 seconds, but I like it more than "What's Your Name?".

------

Article: Lee Seung Chul leaves a statement towards female singers and sexually suggestive controversy "Panties in a teaser and illusioned outfits, this is a bit..."

Source: Sports Chosun via Nate

"Bare legs... panties in a teaser.. and illusioned outfits? ㅠㅠ It's not right to promote in such a manner..."

1. [+701, -31] What he's saying is right. When you first see them, you don't think they're pretty or anything, you furrow your eyebrows... They should at least rate the music videos for adults only.. So many kids are able to access them right now.

2. [+596, -27] They're not singers, they're show girls. Not only do they open up their skirts, they ask men to stare at their legs, and what was up with those panties....... They're advertising that they want sex... No wonder kids these days aren't normal.

3. [+175, -12] He's right, he's right. They are crossing the line these days. It's not sexy, it's erotic and embarrassing.

Article: Girl's Day are the sacrifice to the competition of girl group exposure

Source: Mediaus via Nate

Editorial that talks about how Girl's Day's over the top sexy concept actually makes them a sacrifice in this girl group competition. At their showcase, they greeted their fans by jumping into the pool fully clothed, and the journalist talks about how they probably didn't want to do it because it's dehumanizing and embarrassing but they obviously have to pull gimmicks like this to gain attention.

1. [+266, -27] I agree with the journalist. I feel bad for the girl groups who continue to promote without ever winning #1 or ever landing a hit track. Groups like Girl's Day, Rainbow, Dal Shabet, A Pink, and Nine Muses are all resorting to gimmicks like sexier stage outfits and erotic lyrics to get their names known.

They're asking for people to stare at their legs, asking men to come in to their homes for tea and stay all night with them, taking off their skirts, wearing clothes you aren't sure if it's panties or pants...

As a man with a four year old daughter, I would never let her dance or wear what they do even if she was offered several hundreds of thousands of dollars. I'd rather educate her, help her find a good career, and get married to a good man. Those girl group parents obviously have a different mindset than me and I think they're quite ridiculous, especially after seeing a certain father media play about wanting his daughter back in a group she was kicked out of.

2. [+204, -35] Sacrifices? As if. Girl's Day were the start of this whole trend. Do you not remember that they wore diapers before too?

3. [+147, -26] The uncomfortable reality of having to strip in order to survive...

4. [+28, -8] I like this article. Girl's Day's agency always seems to go for the noise marketing tactic to promote them, especially if you remember the diaper outfits they were put in in the beginning. I feel really bad for the group every time I see them. I hope they succeed.

5. [+17, -5] We're never going to see another group like SNSD or the Wonder Girls out of the current idols...

------

tumblr_mowxa3SPYR1rudls9o1_r2_250.gif
tumblr_mowxa3SPYR1rudls9o2_r2_250.gif

tumblr_mowxa3SPYR1rudls9o4_r1_250.gif
tumblr_mowxa3SPYR1rudls9o3_r1_250.gif

BET Awards this weekend. Will T-ara N4 actually go?

21 seconds, but I like it more than "What's Your Name?".

I like it way better so far. Not happy about how they're dressed... basically the same as What's Your Name except for hyuna. Hopefully it's different in the rest of the video. Hyuna looks way better right now than she has recently.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hyuna looks the same to me.

1. [+266, -27] I agree with the journalist. I feel bad for the girl groups who continue to promote without ever winning #1 or ever landing a hit track. Groups like ....A Pink.... are all resorting to gimmicks like sexier stage outfits and erotic lyrics to get their names known.
da fuck?

giri

Can we just get one thing clear.

Korea has a pretty strong push toward creepy stalker/date rape/exhibitionist themes in ALL mediums.

The double standards surrounding girl groups like girls day and dalshabet are just dumb.

ramyeon

T-ara's "Target" preview. Like "Bunny Style" it's very Japanese (duh), but is more uptempo.

Edit:
Not sure of the translation of this article, but the topic is clear by the photo.

2013062601002141000166451.jpg
Pretty much what you'd expect.

Top comments are

1. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 너무 티나게 했네
Hahahahahahahaha she did it really obviously didn't she? (329 up votes, 7 down)

2. 광수: 성형? 병원 근처에도 가보지 못한 순수한 아이들이다
Gwangsoo: "Surgery? These are kids that are so pure they haven't even set foot near a hospital before." (315 up votes, 13 down)

3. 미안한데 하나도 안이뻐
I'm sorry but she's not pretty at all. (298 up votes, 22 down)

And my input is that she looked better before, her nose looks off in the screen grabs.

Sogyumo Acacia Band's 5th album is out tomorrow, and the wait is killing me.

jLBZ17Ff9xidz.jpg

No No Eul

Girl's Day's new song is really growing on me. I love the way it builds up from the verse through to Yura's rap in the chorus and then finishes with Minah belting out her lines at the end. The video looks fantastic too. Yura is phenomenal obviously but I love the rest of it just as much. Those colours. ♥ ♥ ♥

Anyone planning to do a mid-year poll?

I've been vaguely considering doing one. Since the last six months have been full of disappointing and/or divisive comebacks, I thought I'd just list all of the lead singles from the major groups with a simple Like/Dislike/Other after each one. That way it would avoid at least some of the pitfalls that Dice outlined earlier.

It's interesting that they're reverting back to the sort of concept they used for the EPs. I wonder if that's a reflection of the success (or lack thereof) of Une Annee.

Netizens being netizens.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Perhaps I shall try both.

ilyOOgHjDqupI.jpg
if1PMGkdVYOEZ.jpg

ibpyNUYmRBg16a.jpg

ijBGbrmOxHL0J.jpg
iIaz1KxONValW.jpg

The Many Faces of Lizzy Park
iWZh1ElvpNoqj.jpg

iboflreBWzxN3w.jpg

Coming soon #yoonyul #ilikeyou

Melaniegram Video with Juliane and Tia

SISTAR(씨스타) - Give It To Me 뮤비 메이킹필름(MV Making Film)

T-ara's "Target" preview. Like "Bunny Style" it's very Japanese (duh), but is more uptempo.

Edit:
Not sure of the translation of this article, but the topic is clear by the photo.

2013062601002141000166451.jpg

Whatever she did, her nose looks more normal (as in, closer to how it usually looks) in these later shots at a QBS event:

I don't think it's a matter of me just getting used to it, as it's still a jarring difference when I see her in the QBS PV...her nose looks completely different. I'm sure she had SOMETHING done, possibly some sort of maintenance for previous work that made her nose look strange for a while? Who knows, I have zero knowledge of what kinda work they get done. Either way, I'm taking it as a positive sign that she looks better in everything after the QBS shoots, lol..

TheChits

The guests on the newest running man were awesome.
Woo Sung is the man, I really loved how into it he was. Hyo Joo was awesome as always, but Junho was just kind of there. That might actually be the least screen time I've ever seen for a guest

luso

Even with those Soyeon pics is not clear the aftermatch of whatever was done. Maybe the eyes were also tweaked?

Jessica probably opted for Weibo to avoid haters? Krystal had her share, Jessica also has her fierce antis...
tumblr_moydytkvzb1ryot7ro1_1280.jpg

Tiffany's new pic
tumblr_moyff7XNA51rp2chco1_1280.jpg

I wonder what was about.
tumblr_moyf9driKh1r77uuao1_1280.jpg

Jessica probably opted for Weibo to avoid haters? Krystal had her share, Jessica also has her fierce antis...
tumblr_moydytkvzb1ryot7ro1_1280.jpg

That bed is a little too small for me and her, especially if she wants some fun times.

But yeah, I'd say that's the reason why she got a Weibo. She supposedly had a Twitter a couple of years back but the anti's got her account locked or some shit like that so she shut it down. It apparently didn't even last for more than 24 hours. -____-

Tiffany's new pic
tumblr_moyff7XNA51rp2chco1_1280.jpg

I wonder what was about.
tumblr_moyf9driKh1r77uuao1_1280.jpg

I'm surprised SM let her get a henna/tatoo, is this SM trying to break conventions?!

Also,
dat Sunny melons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom