• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Bunny

Lol at twingkle.

And I dunno if you mean Blue>Bad Boy and Fantastic Baby, but if that's the case then I disagree. Blue wasn't terrible, but it sounded very campy and I couldn't vibe to it compared to Bad Boy. Bad Boy on the other hand, it's probably one of the greatest K-Pop songs I've ever heard imo. The first time I heard it, I was like "oh shit! this is my jam!!" and to this day I still get lost in it every time it comes up, it's that amazing... to me at least lol.

I get the campy thing, it's not really the sort of track I listen to normally. But something about the lyrics, the acoustic guitar and that tweeting synth in the background meshed together perfectly and made it more than the generic pop song that the instrumentation and subject matter suggest it ought to be. I'd say it's unequivocally better than Fantastic Baby but I can understand why someone would prefer Bad Boy, which is also a great song. Just not as good as Blue. It's got an atmosphere to it.

And on the subject of teasers, I loved Blue's. The one's where they're just sitting in a room talking about what's on their mind or whatever, and the music plays for a few seconds on the outro. Too good. The shit for Fantastic Baby and Monster just seemed like a joke to me after that, but I didn't know much about Big Bang then, I'd only heard Haru Haru and Blue..so I thought of them a bit differently.

Niks

Soshified said:
Girls’ Generation’s fourth official album “I Got A Boy” will be released online as well as in stores on January 1st.

On January 1st at 5PM KST, the album being released on various music sites will carry a total of ten songs, including the title song “I Got A Boy”, previously released “Dancing Queen”, and songs of various genres from dance, ballads, retro pop, and swing jazz. Girls’ Generation’s new music and performance is expected to have a hot reaction from fans all around the world who have been waiting.

Along with the well-known European production team Dsign Music, singer/songwriter Pixie Lott, Joe Belmaati, Yoo Youngjin, Kenzie, Park Changhyun, and other local (Korean) hit makers have taken part in the album, increasing the perfection of the album. There are also songs that members Sooyoung, Yuri and Seohyun also participated in writing the lyrics for, so it’s more than enough to see Girls’ Generation’s various music colors.

The title song, “I Got A Boy”, is an electronic dance song that has a mix of pop, retro and urban genres. The hook’s addictive melody leaves an impression, and the main theme of the lyrics is “girl talk”. It carries small talk about everyday life between girlfriends, increasing the fun.

Also, the song that singer/songwriter Pixie Lott participated in composing, “Baby Maybe”, has lyrics written by members Sooyoung, Yuri, and Seohyun, and is about the nervous feelings of a girl in love, along with a cheerful melody. “XYZ”, which has an impressionable synth pattern, was also written by Yuri and Seohyun, so there is high anticipation for it.

Taeyeon and Tiffany’s duet song, “Glass Child”, is a song that carries the sad feelings of a break-up. Taeyeon’s deep, moderated vocals and Tiffany’s colorful, impressive voice display a fantastic harmony. Girls’ Generation’s previously released “Dancing Queen” is a remake of Duffy’s “Mercy”, and “Boomerang”, from Girls’ Generation’s second official Japanese album, will be presented with new Korean lyrics as “Tell Me”.

Aside from those songs, “Promise” is a mid-tempo ballad, and “Express 999″ is a retro pop song. “Look at Me” will be a song with an organic beat and playful melody, and the hook will have lyrics that are easy to sing along to. “Romantic Road” will be a swing, jazz style song that will remind you of a warm winter. A total of ten songs will be included in the album, and it is expected to charm music fans completely.

Also, on December 31st, a highlight medley for the album will be released through Girls’ Generation’s official homepage, SM TOWN’s official YouTube channel, Twitter, Facebook, Weibo, and Naver. The highlight medley will contain songs from their fourth album, along with various images of the members, expecting to amplify interest in the album.

Girls’ Generation’s “Romantic Fantasy” comeback show will be airing on January 1st, at 11:15PM KST on MBC.

haha
iK6EGpC9JS9Ct.jpg

Wow, never seen this before but I was actually talking about the songs themselves. I wanna hear all of it first before I buy it lol.

I get the campy thing, it's not really the sort of track I listen to normally. But something about the lyrics, the acoustic guitar and that tweeting synth in the background meshed together perfectly and made it more than the generic pop song that the instrumentation and subject matter suggest it ought to be. I'd say it's unequivocally better than Fantastic Baby but I can understand why someone would prefer Bad Boy, which is also a great song. Just not as good as Blue. It's got an atmosphere to it.

I actually agree. The biggest factor for me in a song is if I can jive/feel it, it could be the most earwormy song ever with amazing production and the best talent in the world, but if I don't feel it then I'm not gonna like it lol.

Soshi's Gee is an excellent example of this, it pleases my ears but it feels stiff and maybe even a little bit forced. On the other hand, I much prefer Dancing Queen over Gee, it's not as earwormy nor does it have an interesting production, but it doesn't feel stiff and actually goes somewhere unlike Gee.

Bad Boy reminds me too much of How to Love.

Lol, I've never heard of the similarities until you mentioned it. It doesn't diminish Bad Boy's value though.

Hellix

Since sites have been ranking songs, I don't think I seen anyone here done it yet. What are everyone's top 10 for the year? Probably best to ask now before the mayhem that starts January 1st.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Since sites have been ranking songs, I don't think I seen anyone here done it yet. What are everyone's top 10 for the year? Probably best to ask now before the mayhem that starts January 1st.
Peru should be posting his soon. It's like top 50 or top 100 from him lol.. maybe once he posts his, everyone will follow.

The older they get, the hotter HYOYEON, Yuri and SooYoung get and the rest get uglier.

Father Time is so kind to those so deserving of his favour.

I'm in the process of making a top 10. But it'll probably end up as a top 5 lol. I have the 5 songs already in my head, it's just sorting them out and putting them in their proper places.

Aww yeah.

The older they get, the hotter HYOYEON, Yuri and SooYoung get and the rest get uglier.

Father Time is so kind to those so deserving of his favour.

Is this the appropriate time to use the word delulu? Lol.

dokish

Banned
Im in front of TV watching SBS Entertainement Awards 2012 and holy crap Soo Young is só thin that is grossing me out. Seriously, her arms. What the fuck

RubyFaith

tumblr_mfu7q3ZsgU1qjnysgo1_250.gif
tumblr_mfu7q3ZsgU1qjnysgo2_250.gif

tumblr_mfu7q3ZsgU1qjnysgo3_250.gif
tumblr_mfu7q3ZsgU1qjnysgo4_250.gif

tumblr_mfu7q3ZsgU1qjnysgo5_250.gif
tumblr_mfu7q3ZsgU1qjnysgo6_250.gif

Will not post the derogatory dokish-esque comments related to gifs.

I had never seen so much IU shade thrown in my whole kpop laifu. Netizens are funny.

Biscuits

Thanks for streaming OC, don't think I'll be showing up today.

ambiguous innuendo-filled gifs
LOL. Now I really wonder who Seungri is pointing to.

I hope Taeyeon shows up on the last recording of Win Win. The timing couldn't have been better for promoting their comeback... lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom