• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading JYP, YG or someone like that saying slower R&B songs will make a comeback in 2013. I hope so.
OMG There's a Kpop thread?!?!??!?!?! I've seriously been missing out!!!
Welcome.
tumblr_mavknvDkLj1qblw3lo1_r1_500.gif

I was going through my music today and I was wondering if anyone knows of any other songs similar to these "slow jams". They're like ballads but more groovy. These remind me of the late 90s R&B I used to listen to. I'm always pretty excited when I discover a new one.
Some awesome slow songs;
Seungri - In My World
BEAST - I'm Sorry
Jay Park - Know Your Name(R&B)
Jay Park - Speechless
Jay Park - Turn Off Your Phone
Jay Park - Carefree
Jay Park - I Love You
Kim Jong Kook - Story That Is Not The End
Se7en - Money Can't Buy me Love
Tablo - The Tide
BEAST - On Rainy Days
My favorite Taeyang solo song, Take It Slow
Me too. Thank god it made it onto SOLAR. This is from a recent interview;
Q: Do you sometimes think about your first solo composition, ‘Take It Slow’?
Taeyang: Every time I listen to that song, I think, “This almost didn’t make the album.” That’s the thought that crosses my mind the most.
More songs like Missing You please, GD, and less like Crayon. Agent Chris why didn’t you stan this harder!?!
You're right. Missing You, Today and In The End were the best songs.
Great choices!
Seungri & Daesung Medley They kill it.
BIGBANG - A Fool's Only Tears
BIGBANG - Foolish Love

Biscuits

My avatar is from my favorite era of Jiyoon when she was still very androgynous and wore shades. Good timez, good timez.
This reminds me, best intro evar.

Taeyang: Every time I listen to that song, I think, “This almost didn’t make the album.” That’s the thought that crosses my mind the most.
:O A world without Take It Slow? Horrible...

Dang I've never heard of Foolish Love before. Pretty bangin'.

TOP's new movie is 90% done. He also turned down a role on a drama with Kim Tae Hee. Hopefully he will release a solo album this year or at least GD&TOP2!

dokish

Banned
OMG There's a Kpop thread?!?!??!?!?! I've been missing out!!!!!!
Is funny I thought you were being sarcastic, like "Finally K Pop at the K Pop thread, instead of dancing vulvas"
thankfully.

nah though dokish, good stuff on getting those BoA tickets for Peru, probably a dream come true for him.
Good to know. Now I feel more comfortable asking him to pay me a prostitute.

RubyFaith

I remember reading JYP, YG or someone like that saying slower R&B songs will make a comeback in 2013. I hope so.

YG should go back to their GDTOPBOM days.

We Belong Together.

Nom Nom Nom - My Friend's Girlfriend

Zion T - Click Me

People told me about Boni and she's a good RnB artist.

Boni - ResQ Me

Boni - Go Around

And of course there's Hwayobi.

lol
I wish this were a full song.
:[

Speaking of songs of 2012, did anyone catch Playa - Say in my song?

Super nugus.

I had to double take on their name as well but they're actually really good. They are the runner ups on Superstar K 2 or something.

neoism

i4jZ99TywZHCp.gif

izDgEmN0sBlTn.gif

igbVSBwHaKv7Q.gif

taeyeon fo lif

jblE5XwmSAwyL5.png

jku1fFKqADqzM.png

jIguZXnB3jJG2.png

back after an unexpected 3 day vacation.... think I will only post in here from now on.... so after listening to the igab album its not nearly as bad as everyone here seems to think...but opinions and what not, shrug... almost at 15 mil views in 4 days lol.. I've listened to it like 400 times and its still awesome. I'll admit it is a love or hate song..I lovoooved there 09-11 songs alot also but I'm glad in a way they are not just doing the same thing... they can still do cute,but its time for sexy..igab isn't really that but its most definitely more risky,I hope Look At Me is the next MV.

The ballad is just amazing.

Still don't like the clothes in the video though.. I thought it didn't fit well the first few times I listened to it... but its soooo fucking catchy I realllly love it... the album it not to bad, I like Love At Me a lot too..., Talk Talk is ok like if I hear a Japanese song first I dislike the Korean version and vise-versa, like the japan version of gee is LOL... Still a little pissed about their japan album I wanted another MV... I'm a Diamond mostly. o well lets not be so negative in here guys I understand if you hate or dislike something you love...sone fans in general are pretty bad, alll they do is fight, and argue mostly on other sites..... but still I love this thread, the gaming side just is not worth it anymore.
<3
Also you guys think the mnet interview will be subbed?
I will learn Korean if its the last thing I do.....

Bonus yuri gif
iGjoLwnN4ezop.gif

also LULZ
Chonny reviews I GOT A BOY - SNSD (Girls Generation) - YouTube

Niks said:
Music Bank performance was awesome.
1174154150E6EAA3300B4F

[1080p HD] 130104 SNSD - Dancing Queen + I Got a Boy @ Music Bank Comeback Stage - YouTube

130104 SNSD Waiting Room at Music Bank - YouTube

alloveamehface fans seem to love it... the song is sooo much better live.
fucking love the choreography

one last thing this is fucking hilirious....
lol-030.gif
lol-030.gif
lol-030.gif
SNSD - I Got A Boy Misheard Lyrics - YouTube

Ashhong

What. Taeyang composed that?? Goddamn, huge props to him.

Anybody share my love for BEG - Inconvenient Truth?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQVCsdRpVbE

2San

What. Taeyang composed that?? Goddamn, huge props to him.
Damn didn't know that either. He's one of the guys that could easily survive solo. I think Solar is better than any single Big Bang album and is significantly better than the solo efforts of his band mates(overall Big Bang is still better obviously). It might just be my taste in music(I really like R&B).

Biscuits

lol, Jessica's misheard part was spot on.

I really like Muzik, yet for every one time I've listened to it I've listened to For Muzik about five times since it's so great ahah.
Definitely listen to For Muzik waaaaay more than Muzik. Ahh debut 4minute...

xhvn5.gif

W_Dreamer

FUUU

THIS IS PHOTOSHOP RIGHT???? I WILL CAMP IN THAT SHIT.
Sry the Double post. I cant edit on my phone. Dunno Why

Take a photo of yourself in front of that place and I can Photoshop you in with the girls.

It just depends on who you want to be in between with.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Narsha was awesome
Gain was awesome
Miryo was awesome

Time to listen to Jea's solo venture

Edit: First song is good. The style reminds me of Bobby Kim.
Edit 2: Second song is excellent, showing that very controlled production that all the BEG members seem to understand. They really know the difference between quality and loudness. I think with this song she is handling this kind of sultry style more to my liking than the others. (Note: Jea is my fav member)
Edit/song 3: Like a ballad from a musical. If it weren't for that latter quality I probably wouldn't really be feeling it. I'm only halfway there because I'm not in the mood for the style right now.
Edit/song 4: This is BEG's specialty. Nothing really special I guess, but the thing is almost nobody in kpop does it this well. I can set this on and totally relax to the groove. That's a special thing that's important for me.
Edit/song 5: Well done and I really appreciate that she takes all 4 1/2 minutes to do the concept properly. That said, it's clearly made for speakers to get the epicness going. Soundstage is the weakest aspect of my headphones so I'll have to blast this later and see how it is. Even so, it's also clear how easily it could have been OVERdone and I greatly appreciate how BEG ladies know how to restrain themselves just enough to more accurately convey the feelings their songs are expressing. Essentially, if something is not a release, don't make it one, and that way things linger with you and also they are all the bigger of a release when they are, even if it's not going to come into play on that album.

dokish

Banned
Take a photo of yourself in front of that place and I can Photoshop you in with the girls.

It just depends on who you want to be in between with.
I WILL try lol

Agent Chris: Running Man, no. But I saw some random drama shooting. A gorgeous woman was inside a car with a Man, parked, and in front of them a câmera-car.

Didnt stick around because i was afraid they would shoosh-me lol

Calcaneus

Why are all these critics trying to make this song seem more interesting and daring than it actually is?

I enjoy watching them perform it which is probably translating to enjoyment of the song, but I'm not exactly unbiased.

milkham

Why are all these critics trying to make this song seem more interesting and daring than it actually is?

I enjoy watching them perform it which is probably translating to enjoyment of the song, but I'm not exactly unbiased.

critics don't do things the way regular people do.

neoism

most reviews written like the one above usually try for that... too wordy for my liking .... the song is definitely made for live shows... the tour version will be BOSS also those sooyoung gifs... lol

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
All I'm saying is that if anyone likes I Got a Boy and speaks good words of how progressive it is or whatever, they had better damn well have liked Fiestar's We Don't Stop. Otherwise, fuck your biased asses.

dokish

Banned
Jun and Sunhwa, Hong Sera and Adrien Kang, those two are só fun to watch.

The third couple, are they really suspect of dating? They dont have any chemestry at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom