• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

CwbuRA7.png
ugyVUv6.png
27WDCWh.png

8axiIY2.png
irzLaHM.png
zcjdkls.png

i was actually just thinking about you the other day, someone needs to light up the plug.dj signal

I will soon, I just haven't been active on gaf for a long time. I had college. But I'm on break and would love to do plug.dj :) they destroyed my kpop room for some reason though.

catmincer

Holy shiiiit

The allKpop review of IGAB album is amazing.

http://www.allkpop.com/2013/01/review-girls-generation-i-got-a-boy

It HAS to be an epic troll

Re: Title track

I have absolutely no complaints about this song. It is without a doubt the strongest release by Girls’ Generation—and perhaps in all of K-Pop—to date. Kudos to SM Entertainment for their obvious hard work to transition these girls from an object of the male gaze to a legitimate musical group. Good luck to K-Pop this year; you’ve got your work more than cut out for you.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

The song is fucking terrible. Also lol @ legitimate musical group

luso

I just watched girls generation since it was on the front page of YouTube. I'm still kind of confused by it. I'd never seen a K-Pop video before. Easily replaceable girls, lots of flash and negative amounts of substance. is all K-Pop just Korean versions of Dream?

Replaceble, because you can't distinguish them?
What's different from 99% of POP music/MV?

Also there are other better introductory songs from GG.

Holy shiiiit

The song is fucking terrible. Also lol @ legitimate musical group

I have low regard for AKP opinions. The same for yours.

Pretty sure they've catered to some kind of female gaze at the same time, yo.

Biggest girl group fandom and biggest lesbian fandom too, it seems.
Probably most Taeny shippers are girls.

roaSone

I'm starting to dislike going on gaf these days... Ok you have the right to not like IGAB and all...
but stop bashing it at each posts, it's really annoying to read the same things over and over.

I've already stopped going on AKP.. so I wish I could still enjoy my time here on gaf.
Peace.

How can you say that's a quality review.. from the very beginning it insults the girls.......

RubyFaith

I've seen Sones on hallyu8 saying they hate going on the forums because they can't stand the constant bashing. Honestly, it's not the end of the world and it's not like Soshi is gonna disband over one terribad comeback that at least delivers a entertaining performance. You have to take netizens with a grain of salt sometimes because at the end of the day as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

You should draw the line if things get out of control such as personal attacks. Wank threads (comments) can get intense but they're for entertainment purposes. If you can't handle someone's opinion then...
:/

dokish

Banned
I Just gave i got a boy a new listen and Im laughing becsuse the song is actually good. The mixes of different styles works great.

SM always a step ahead, we Just dont have enough wisdom to see it.

Ashhong

I actually like it alot right now. I think it could have worked as like 3 separate songs as well, but the mash is fine.

luso

Korea is the best place on Earth. Once you arrive, you will never wanna leave. Seriously.

You are focused only on the bright side of the country/Seoul. As every place, there are problems that will be noticed after a while, if you give enough time.

Deadly

I've seen Sones on hallyu8 saying they hate going on the forums because they can't stand the constant bashing. Honestly, it's not the end of the world and it's not like Soshi is gonna disband over one terribad comeback that at least delivers a entertaining performance. You have to take netizens with a grain of salt sometimes because at the end of the day as long as you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

You should draw the line if things get out of control such as personal attacks. Wank threads (comments) can get intense but they're for entertainment purposes. If you can't handle someone's opinion then...
:/
DkO62.gif

Holy shiiiit

It's akp. What do you expect? They're gonna start biting the hand that feeds them?

Ok you have the right to not like IGAB and all...
but stop bashing it at each posts, it's really annoying to read the same things over and over.

Agreed. Recently the thread feels like it's Xbox Live with 12 year olds running the place. Smh...

heaven forbid people sharing alternate opinions in here

Lol I'm perfectly fine with alternate opinions. It's the people that are seemingly seething with hate and seem to bask in the failure(if you can even call it that) of Soshi.

There's a difference between: "The song is sooo fncking terrible! SNSD is over!!" and "The song is so disjointed, and it's degrading to the girls."

Edit:
iYOSZ51OD6O0V.gif

JKTrix

With the influx of new people into K-pop GAF, particularly since the last major Korean Soshi release, the amount of irrationally hateful noise has increased greatly as well. This used to be a place of pure admiration. I think the the worst it got was usually just the playful trolling of guys like vanty, filler and Phono.

This kind of thing just kind of comes with growth, try not to let it bother you too much.

Edit: I started writing this like 2 hours ago in response to roaSone. Busy day at work!

Niks

SM took a gamble with IGAB.
Whether it paid of or not, remains to be seen. However, the song is not a total failure, as some make it out to be. Its got a pretty catchy chorus and beat, and its choreo is great live.

Its better than the boys for sure.

Deadly

With the influx of new people into K-pop GAF, particularly since the last major Korean Soshi release, the amount of irrationally hateful noise has increased greatly as well. This used to be a place of pure admiration. I think the the worst it got was usually just the playful trolling of guys like vanty, filler and Phono.

This kind of thing just kind of comes with growth, try not to let it bother you too much.

Edit: I started writing this like 2 hours ago in response to roaSone. Busy day at work!
Soshi's stuff has just been getting worst (excluding first Japanese album) and people are more voiced about it. Pure admiration? For the girls sure. Not the music.

JKTrix

Can't argue with that, since I generally agree. roaSone was more concerned with the repetitive bashing. It's never been this bad in here, but when you have more people it's unfortunately just what happens. It'll die down.

Kuno

Just wanted to weigh in and say that I really like I Got A Boy. It took a few listens though. But then, I also really liked "Flower Power" which seemed to get a lot of hate too.

Anyway, the real news (to me) is that D-Unit has a new album coming out next month :D

tumblr_md6gxrxNfn1rjpovfo1_400.gif

tumblr_m961piWeac1rdbumbo1_500.gif

Tangeroo

I haven't really been following the thread too closely, but I actually really like I Got A Boy as an album. It's the first Soshi album I'll willingly listen to front to back since Run Devil Run.

TheChits

Just wanted to weigh in and say that I really like I Got A Boy. It took a few listens though. But then, I also really liked "Flower Power" which seemed to get a lot of hate too.

Anyway, the real news (to me) is that D-Unit has a new album coming out next month :D

I agree with absolutely everything in this post.
4fKAG.gif

LOL:

Ticket prices have been announced for Teen Top's London concert:

Regular: £66.75 ($107 USD)
VIP (Early access + bag of merchandise) £94.75 ($152 USD)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
why is everyone so butthurt over one song? either someone likes it or they dont. their opinion isn't the end of the world, so get over it.

Biscuits

The hating-just-for-the-sake-of-it really is getting annoying guys. Tone it down?

I have hope this year.. and you got this as an avatar before me, jealous.

4GnQi.gif

Kahi ;A;
Sorry bro. Feels weird not having a Taeyeon av for once though...

LOL:

Ticket prices have been announced for Teen Top's London concert:

Regular: £66.75 ($107 USD)
VIP (Early access + bag of merchandise) £94.75 ($152 USD)
Well GOOD THING I got to see them for like 15 bucks!
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom