• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuno

I was going through my music today and I was wondering if anyone knows of any other songs similar to these "slow jams". They're like ballads but more groovy. These remind me of the late 90s R&B I used to listen to. I'm always pretty excited when I discover a new one.

And of course if you haven't heard some of these, check 'em out!

Spica - Anger
G.Na - Drop It (Cut It Off)
Kim Hyun Joong - Please
Girls' Generation TTS - Baby Steps
Sistar - Lead Me
C-Real - 나쁜 애처럼 --Actually, this one: C-Real - 내 남자친구에겐
Rania - Goodbye
Secret - Color of Love
D-Unit - Luv Vision
Six Bomb - 너만몰라 (Yeah, Six Bomb. So much better than that Chiki Chiki Bomb garbage)
Big Bang - We Belong Together (feat. Park Bom)
Big Bang - Forever With U (feat. Park Bom)

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I was going through my music today and I was wondering if anyone knows of any other songs similar to these "slow jams". They're like ballads but more groovy. These remind me of the late 90s R&B I used to listen to. I'm always pretty excited when I discover a new one.

Spica - Anger
Kim Hyun Joong - Please
Sistar - Lead Me
C-Real - 나쁜 애처럼
Rania - Goodbye
Secret - Color of Love
D-Unit - Luv Vision
Six Bomb - 너만몰라 (Yeah, Six Bomb. So much better than that Chiki Chiki Bomb garbage)
so many good songs.

try these tho:

orange caramel (raina) - love does not wait
babysoul+yoojia - she's a flirt
sistar - oh baby

i'll find some more when i get home. also, what do you think of glam's newest song?

Conceptor

good, for soshi's sake
thankfully.

nah though dokish, good stuff on getting those BoA tickets for Peru, probably a dream come true for him.

R&I episode 8 - good end to the first series, Seung Ah though TT. Next season is gonna be good too.. Jiwon and G.Na (5 dolls) and Yewon! The small preview they had looked promising.

Niks

Music Bank performance was awesome.

1174154150E6EAA3300B4F

FinKL

Spica - Anger
Kim Hyun Joong - Please
Sistar - Lead Me
C-Real - 나쁜 애처럼
Rania - Goodbye
Secret - Color of Love
D-Unit - Luv Vision

OMG There's a Kpop thread?!?!??!?!?! I've seriously been missing out!!!

Funny I stumble on this and read your post. The "ballads" are kind of what I like listening to, so I can throw in some of my songs I've listened to that I remember. Some of them might be "too ballady?" or "too upbeat". Can't wait to make a playlist with some of these. I've been meaning to do it.

After School - When I Fall
Miss A - If I Were a Boy
4 Minute - Creating Love
Secret - I Want You Back
Song Ji Eun - Going Crazy
Wonder Girls - Girlfriend
Baby Soul - No Better than Strangers
Sistar19 - MaBoy
TaeYang - Wedding Dress
TaeYang - Only Look At Me
Heo Young Saeng - Crying
Davichi - 8282 (Hurry Hurry)
BoA - Do You Love Me

And the lesser knowns:
One Way - Wrong Number (There is also a English Version which is good)
Nom Nom Nom - My Friend's Girlfriend (Love this video, they are just goofing off, having fun, making music in the studio. Who needs big budget.

The bolded are probably exactly what you were looking for, but I'm hoping most of them hit the style you were looking for. There's so many!

Kuno

so many good songs.

try these tho:

orange caramel (raina) - love does not wait
babysoul+yoojia - she's a flirt
sistar - oh baby

i'll find some more when i get home. also, what do you think of glam's newest song?

Thanks for the suggestions! Never heard that Babysoul & Yoojia song, but it's exactly the kind of thing I'm lookin' for, very cool. The Sistar song I've heard a long time ago but totally forgot about, nice one. The OC song isn't exactly a "slow jam" to me... but it's still good.

As far as the Glam song, I think it's pretty good. My one problem is that I'm not a huge fan of that "oh oh ooo oh ooo oh" sample used over and over. Overall the song is cool though. I gotta give it some more listens.

Kuno

Funny I stumble on this and read your post. The "ballads" are kind of what I like listening to, so I can throw in some of my songs I've listened to that I remember. Some of them might be "too ballady?" Can't wait to make a playlist with some of these. I've been meaning to do it.

Miss A - If I Were a Boy
4 Minute - Creating Love
Secret - I Want You Back
Sistar19 - MaBoy
TaeYang - Wedding Dress
Heo Young Saeng - Crying

And the lesser knowns:
Nom Nom Nom - My Friend's Girlfriend (Love this video, they are just goofing off, having fun, making music in the studio. Who needs big budget.

The bolded are probably exactly what you were looking for, but I'm hoping most of them hit the style you were looking for. There's so many!

Wow, AWESOME list there! Thanks for sharing those, I hadn't heard a lot of 'em! The tracks by After School, Baby Soul, TaeYang, Heo Young Saeng, One Way and Nom Nom Nom hit the nail on the head. The rest of them less so (to me), but still a great list!

Time to go forth and add these to my collection! I'm creating a playlist of just slow jams to chill out to.

And welcome to the thread :)

Honey Bunny

So many good songs on this page :0 Time to add to it. Finally done my top 20. First full year in kpop, hasn't been so bad!

1. Say my Name - 4Minute
2. Eyeline (performed by Nana) - After School
3. Blue - Big Bang
4. Only One - Boa
5. Missing You (feat. Kim Yuna) - G Dragon
6. Don’t Forget Me - Girl's Day
7. Don’t Fall Apart - Hyuna
8. The Shadow - Boa
9. Sexy Love - T-ara
10. Over U - Miss A
11. Milkshake - Orange Caramel
12. The Chaser - Infinite
13. Lips - Miss A
14. Up n Down - Spica
15. Breathin' - Shinhwa
16. News - Nine Muses
17. Leggo - Miryo
18. Baby Steps - TaeTiSeo
19. Sherlock - Shinee
20. Lovey Dovey - T-ara

For those so inclined, here's the rest...no.21 to 81. Honestly every song from 1-81 is worth listening to. http://i3.minus.com/iHzCbEjqK6vnp.jpg

A few things~

I forgot Rainbow Pixie - Hoi Hoi and Spica - Painkiller :(

Can’t believe 4minute will never perform Say My Name. It’s fantastic and deserves a live performance. Did not feel Volume Up (song) at all. Luckily they did promote Dream Racer a bit, which is also brilliant.

Spica has the highest placed rookie song, but EXID were my fav rookies of the year overall. Every Night just missed out at no.22

More songs like Missing You please, GD, and less like Crayon. Agent Chris why didn’t you stan this harder!?!

I don’t think it counts as kpop, but if it did Nassun’s Nothing would be my no.1 song. Thank you so much whoever linked this song in OT3.

I love T-ara

I don’t ‘get’ Sistar, or at least their 2012 releases.

I love After School

I need to listen to A Pink at some point

Cuddler

Spica - Anger
Kim Hyun Joong - Please
Sistar - Lead Me
C-Real - 나쁜 애처럼
Rania - Goodbye
Secret - Color of Love
D-Unit - Luv Vision
Do you know 2BiC?

2BiC(투빅) _ LOVE AGAIN (feat.Ailee) MV
2BiC feat.79 - Lady Lady
2BiC&Davichi(투빅&다비치) _ 오늘같은 밤이면
2BiC(투빅) _ 24Hours Later(24시간 후) MV
2BiC(투빅) _ Made yet another woman cry(또 한 여잘 울렸어) MV
투빅(2BIC) '다 잊었니' 녹음 현장스케치 Did you forget everything?
2BiC - Promise You - live

and one Super Junior song:
Super Junior(슈퍼주니어) _ SORRY, SORRY - ANSWER _ MusicVideo

But I'm not sure if this songs fit your description.

Funny I stumble on this and read your post. The "ballads" are kind of what I like listening to, so I can throw in some of my songs I've listened to that I remember. Some of them might be "too ballady?" or "too upbeat". Can't wait to make a playlist with some of these. I've been meaning to do it.

Miss A - If I Were a Boy
4 Minute - Creating Love
Secret - I Want You Back
Sistar19 - MaBoy
TaeYang - Wedding Dress
Heo Young Saeng - Crying
BoA - Do You Love Me

And the lesser knowns:

Welcome to the thread! If you like ballads, 2BiC are really good, the links are above. :)

Edgeward

thankfully.

R&I episode 8 - good end to the first series, Seung Ah though TT. Next season is gonna be good too.. Jiwon and G.Na (5 dolls) and Yewon! The small preview they had looked promising.

JB tops Mir on most hated, hard to do but he did it.

And Jiwon! Hell yes, son. This series has topped WGM, which I can't bother anymore to keep up.

If we are talking about ballads or kinda ballads I do like that arent well known here a couple
4Minute - I'm ok
After school - timeless
F(x) - beautiful stranger
Ivy - Torn Heart
Spica - Doggedly (also painkiller, but that is more well known)
Troublemaker - Time
Kara - strawberry

milkham

Wow, AWESOME list there! Thanks for sharing those, I hadn't heard a lot of 'em! The tracks by After School, Baby Soul, TaeYang, Heo Young Saeng, One Way and Nom Nom Nom hit the nail on the head. The rest of them less so (to me), but still a great list!

Time to go forth and add these to my collection! I'm creating a playlist of just slow jams to chill out to.

And welcome to the thread :)

give these a spin! (aside from tree of life they're all pretty old)
U;Nee - 아버지
Lena Park - In Dreams
Park Ji Yoon - Tree of Life
Tashannie - Haru Haru
Uhm Jung Hwa - Cho Dae
J - Like Yesterday

i'll let the oldies rain if anyone is interested

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
So many good songs on this page :0 Time to add to it. Finally done my top 20. First full year in kpop, hasn't been so bad!

1. Say my Name - 4Minute
2. Eyeline (performed by Nana) - After School
3. Blue - Big Bang
4. Only One - Boa
5. Missing You (feat. Kim Yuna) - G Dragon
6. Don’t Forget Me - Girl's Day
7. Don’t Fall Apart - Hyuna
8. The Shadow - Boa
9. Sexy Love - T-ara
10. Over U - Miss A
11. Milkshake - Orange Caramel
12. The Chaser - Infinite
13. Lips - Miss A
14. Up n Down - Spica
15. Breathin' - Shinhwa
16. News - Nine Muses
17. Leggo - Miryo
18. Baby Steps - TaeTiSeo
19. Sherlock - Shinee
20. Lovey Dovey - T-ara

miss A - no mercy.

where is it zaub?! :'(

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
No where to be found, I can't scan it atm, I'm out of Minnesota until the 15th when school starts again.

When I get back I'll just take a picture of it so you can see it, then I'll scan it afterwards.
:(

so sad.. think imma cry right now

milkham

No where to be found, I can't scan it atm, I'm out of Minnesota until the 15th when school starts again.

When I get back I'll just take a picture of it so you can see it, then I'll scan it afterwards.

dude DUDE what about me

Kuno

2BiC isn't exactly what I'm looking for, but surprisingly, that Super Junior song is spot on. I'm not sure I like their voices on the track, but I'm gonna give it some listens. Thanks!

If we are talking about ballads or kinda ballads I do like that arent well known here a couple
4Minute - I'm ok
After school - timeless
F(x) - beautiful stranger
Ivy - Torn Heart
Spica - Doggedly (also painkiller, but that is more well known)
Troublemaker - Time
Kara - strawberry

Some good songs here, but not exactly the type of "slow jams" I had in mind. Beautiful Stranger is awesome though.

give these a spin! (aside from tree of life they're all pretty old)
U;Nee - 아버지
Lena Park - In Dreams
Park Ji Yoon - Tree of Life
Tashannie - Haru Haru
Uhm Jung Hwa - Cho Dae
J - Like Yesterday

i'll let the oldies rain if anyone is interested

Holy crap, U;Nee... I remember seeing her "Call Call Call" video before I was fully into Kpop. Shame she ended her own life.

The rest don't fit the mold exactly, but it was cool to see some oldies. I'm not too familiar with old school Kpop (although I thought everything on Uhm Jung Hwa's 2008 EP was great).

Biscuits

Music Bank performance was awesome.

1174154150E6EAA3300B4F
She pulls off the undone-jeans look so well.

Dude, there's no way you could've missed us for very long, we're one of the biggest threads on GAF. Welcome, I thoroughly enjoyed your post! I've been looking for stuff like this too.

Also some tracks I know to consider:
Untouchable - Living In The Heart
Bom - You & I
Taeyang - Baby I'm Sorry
Taeyang - Sinner
Big Bang - I Don't Understand
(basically a lot of YG/Big Bang's early stuff)

Kuno

Dang it, just realized I meant to link this C-Real song, and not the other one! That track is decent, but this is more my style:

C-Real - 내 남자친구에겐

Also some tracks I know to consider:
Untouchable - Living In The Heart
Bom - You & I
Taeyang - Baby I'm Sorry
Taeyang - Sinner
Big Bang - I Don't Understand
(basically a lot of YG/Big Bang's early stuff)

Totally forgot to mention Bom's "You & I", a classic. I should really look into some old YG stuff.

I remember hearing this when it first came out, but I haven't heard it since. Not totally a slow jam, but not bad.

Check out Jay Park's stuff. I'll post links when I get home in a couple of hours, but off the top of my head his song "Can't Live Without You" is one of my faves, especially the acoustic version.

Welcome to the thread!

vanty

So what's the basic story of what happened with Seung Ah on that show? I've never seen it but everyone's saying it was really crappy for her and stuff.

This is what some of you guys have been waiting for? Terrible song and performance.
It was obvious the song and choreography would suck ass from the teaser. Everyone just wants to see the MV, which is hopefully made up largely of scenes from the first 10 seconds of the teaser.

RubyFaith

I'll contribute the music spam with nugus and rookies.

Dickpunks

Airplane - 예쁘다

Bikiny - Fiesta(축제) (Gaf will like these girls)

MFBTY - Teaser (This is a Tasha, Tiger JK and one other unit; this is going to be good)

Seo In Young - Let's Dance

투나이스 (2NISE) (ft. BabyJ) - 왜이래

LOL:

Ticket prices have been announced for Teen Top's London concert:

Regular: £66.75 ($107 USD)
VIP (Early access + bag of merchandise) £94.75 ($152 USD)

This is gonna flop.

Kuno

My favorite Taeyang solo song, Take It Slow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30g3Mu8IWRU

Wow, TaeYang has a lot of quality ballads out there...

Kuno, here are some songs you might like.
TVXQ - Before U Go
TVXQ - Destiny
EXO-K - What is love
Spica - Doggedly
TVXQ - Good night

TVXQ fits this style really well imho, their last album is really good.

"Before U Go" and "What is love" totally fit the bill, thanks. I think I have that TVXQ album around here somewhere...

If I'm being honest, I'm way more into female singers than the guys. I just would rather have a girl sing a love song to me than a guy! I'm a fan of some male groups like Big Bang & TVXQ though.

Nobody said anything about JeA(BEG) solo debut.

JeA(Brown Eyed Girls) _ While you're sleeping(그대가 잠든 사이) and epic live performance.

Loving it
(except those mood breaking christmas bells)

After Narsha, Miryo and Ga-In, I had high hopes for JeA's solo stuff but I ended up being pretty bored by her single. There are a couple of okay tracks on the EP though.

roaSone

"Before U Go" and "What is love" totally fit the bill, thanks. I think I have that TVXQ album around here somewhere...

If I'm being honest, I'm way more into female singers than the guys. I just would rather have a girl sing a love song to me than a guy! I'm a fan of some male groups like Big Bang & TVXQ though.

I'm more into females aswell, but somehow, males manage to give a real feeling to these kind of songs. I mean I can't see any girlsband performing Before U go for example..

RubyFaith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom