• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT4| Most Lurkers on GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 'insider info' about various K-pop groups tells us Yuri is the gay one in SNSD! http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/10410988.html

I hope it's true because of this tho

That's just rehashed from a site last year. At least the original one didn't say that they came from a wardrobe assistant. It just straight up said that they were rumors and didn't try to validate that they were true.

Also, as a Fany stan that KhunFany rumor stems from the fact that both are "foreigners" to Korea and only came out when it was revealed that Sica and Taecyeon are well known to be friends, so the netizens couldn't use Taecyeon as part of the pairing.

Besides, if even half of this was true, then this would be more well known and there'd be evidence that proves it as real. You can't tell me that if Yuri is out clubbing, everyone in that club has a really good conscience and isn't gonna take pictures. Just look at the pot scandal with the Biebs, someone was stupid enough to take and upload a picture of the Biebs with a joint in his hand, even in a intimate setting. I'd like to believe that Yuri is a party girl, and she probably is, but to say that she's out getting hammered in public and no one is taking the opportunity to snap a picture is a little too ridiculous.

Hoooooot. It's still the best SNSD song for me.

ibt3NvVfQXC6CP.gif

Aww yeah, K-Pop GAF's theme song and my #2 Soshi song as well. It's kinda sad though since this took place at the end of Yuri's 1st golden age, thankfully IGaB is proving to be the return of golden age Yuri so I ain't complaining lol.

luso

Aww yeah, K-Pop GAF's theme song and my #2 Soshi song as well. It's kinda sad though since this took place at the end of Yuri's 1st golden age, thankfully IGaB is proving to be the return of golden age Yuri so I ain't complaining lol.

At the Hoot promotions time, Yuri was recovering from the unspeakable phase, which was roughly from Mr. Taxi until start of Hoot promotions.

No No Eul

Welcome to the thread Brandinator, imnana and No No Eul! :)
Nice list. Also, welcome buddy!
Yeah!! Welcome to the thread nonoeul!
Cheers guys!

Soyul is my Crayon Pop bias since day 1. I just wish she could still do the "Come to my cutie boy, you look so very good!" rap in Bing Bing. Anyone know why they stopped doing that part live? It bums me out :|
I've no idea how accurate this is but as I understand it, the original rap was recorded by someone who's no longer in the group, so it was re-recorded for the EP by Soyul. The reaction to the new version didn't seem to be all that positive though. Maybe that's why it was dropped?

And hey, it's Nine Muses' comeback photo! The mini album is called "Dolls". And it's gonna be awesome.

i7dWEDrIeocUa.jpg

Hype! Sweet Rendezvous was so good. I really hope this lives up to expectations.

Random Naeun gif:

tumblr_mcjwtj7Tzs1rtoo0mo3_250.gif

Hellix

It might be just me but I am getting a vibe that those lips are surgically enhanced. They have also whitened the fuck out of her skin.

Speaking of this, is there some secret or sign indicating someone has had plastic surgery or some cosmetic procedure? Any time people see a picture of a Korean idol, I see the term "plastic" thrown around a lot. It seems like people just say that because they are Korean and have very smooth, white skin.

Speaking of this, is there some secret or sign indicating someone has had plastic surgery or some cosmetic procedure? Any time people see a picture of a Korean idol, I see the term "plastic" thrown around a lot. It seems like people just say that because they are Korean and have very smooth, white skin.

And you think this comes naturally? Look at people around you, look at random news in Korea - Koreans look NOWHERE like K-Pop stars. I can comment personally on the skin, since I had acne problems since I was young - there are shitloads of procedures to make your skin look better. Add to that the best cosmetics in the world for having bright and radiant skin and you see the effect. Yes, it requires money, but face is probably the body part that is easiest to improve.

It's debatable whether we can even speak about plastic surgery - everybody does it in S.Korea, and the surgeons are probably the most advanced in the world. You are not supposed to see it - this is the mark of a great surgeon. Try this for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H30dEX3tM3g&pxtry=1

See the finished effect and tell me whether you could say she had a plastic surgery. No, the whole point of the procedures was to make her face more natural. Koreans are not born like this.

Hellix

And you think this comes naturally? Look at people around you, look at random news in Korea - Koreans look NOWHERE like K-Pop stars. I can comment personally on the skin, since I had acne problems since I was young - there are shitloads of procedures to make your skin look better. Add to that the best cosmetics in the world for having bright and radiant skin and you see the effect. Yes, it requires money, but face is probably the body part that is easiest to improve.

It's debatable whether we can even speak about plastic surgery - everybody does it in S.Korea, and the surgeons are probably the most advanced in the world. You are not supposed to see it - this is the mark of a great surgeon. Try this for example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H30dEX3tM3g&pxtry=1

See the finished effect and tell me whether you could say she had a plastic surgery. No, the whole point of the procedures was to make her face more natural. Koreans are not born like this.

Well, I can find a lot of people around me that have perfectly normal skin, and I do not believe all of them make it a huge issue and spend loads of money to take care of their face. I myself have had acne problems as well, but I have pretty much tried everything that doesn't involve any surgery of any kind. For me, I believe it is hereditary but hopefully I can find something that works.

Well, I can find a lot of people around me that have perfectly normal skin, and I do not believe all of them make it a huge issue and spend loads of money to take care of their face. I myself have had acne problems as well, but I have pretty much tried everything that doesn't involve any surgery of any kind. For me, I believe it is hereditary but hopefully I can find something that works.

Go Roacutane, follow up with 6xIPL. It is not hereditary but shit like Clearasil doesn't work for many people.

Well, I can find a lot of people around me that have perfectly normal skin, and I do not believe all of them make it a huge issue and spend loads of money to take care of their face.

You would be surprised. Also, check the news in Korea - women look very different than what you see on TV.

Kabuto

I used something like what Castor Krieg is talking about called Accutane. It's pretty crazy. Cleared my skin up in like a month. Go to a dermatologist and ask about it if you're serious about skin care.

Hellix

Go Roacutane, follow up with 6xIPL. It is not hereditary but shit like Clearasil doesn't work for many people.

I don't think Roacutane is for me, it isn't that severe as compared to most people. I tried a lot of non-prescription products but right now I am trying salycic acid.

You would be surprised. Also, check the news in Korea - women look very different than what you see on TV.

Ah, I was referring to the "people around me" like friends and family. I know people that have some flawless skin but do not really spend the money on tons of cosmetic products. Though people looking good on TV and different off-screen isn't really exclusive to Korea either.

I used something like what Castor Krieg is talking about called Accutane. It's pretty crazy. Cleared my skin up in like a month. Go to a dermatologist and ask about it if you're serious about skin care.

I went to one for a couple years, but I didn't really find it productive since nothing was working. I am just thinking it could be something that triggers it like my diet or stress (which I do stress a lot).

magenta

I learned how useless that Clearasil stuff is the hard way, only till I saw a doctor I found some stuff that worked for me.

I always wondered how idols maintain their skin and how much can it be attributed to makeup, just being curious as a guy.

I don't think Roacutane is for me, it isn't that severe as compared to most people. I tried a lot of non-prescription products but right now I am trying salycic acid.

I used Duac gel, not as harsh as Roacutane and can only be prescribed by a doctor.

W_Dreamer

Usually from before and after shots. Especially from early on in their career/debut compared to current.

I hate when she has lighter hair. The darker the better.

Oh well. What do you think of her hair here: Auburn hair Yuri

As for Yuri being lesbian, that's pretty much BS. If you take note of Yuri during her variety appearances, you can tell she changes her behavior when a good-looking guy or a dude with a nice bod comes on the scene.

She changes from her more chill side when just with the girls to a more girly/aegyo side. If that was all a subtle act to throw off her true inclinations, then she has better acting skills than the critics of her drama gave her for.

Or she could be bi and theN EVERYONE wins!

Cuddler

see if you can find conce
fixed everything
iKmlMIzAVLBn7.png
Great work Milkham!
Hey Cuddler...

shindong2.jpg
lol, ShinDong so pretty.
Still better as a man
TaeNy going to be special DJs for Shindong's ShimShimTaPa radio on Jan 15th. Sorry sorry Cuddler it will soon become TaeNy's ShimShimTaPa radio.

i7JUX.gif
You wish, lol. Joking aside, I was hoping to see them togheter with ShinDong on the show.
This 'insider info' about various K-pop groups tells us Yuri is the gay one in SNSD! http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/10410988.html

I hope it's true because of this tho

Hey look, a new and unpopular opinion, ShinDong is the most annoying one, meanwhile the nicest one is SungMin, which weirdly enough decided to have as his best friend the most annoying, ShinDong...
maybe he's not that annoying if you actually get to know him???

dokish

Banned
Since we entered a more thoughtful discussion, let me enjoy this opportunity and ask this:

What do you guys think of Korean fashion? I'm not talking about idols and dramas. Real people, real clothing.

A Korean lady Said to me: "No offense, but westeners dont know how to dress. They just dress for the sake of dressing".

I was with a BIIIIG headache at the time, I didnt feel like asking "What do you mean? Men or women? Are you talking about US? Europe? "

Asians dresses "well", but thats it. They dress like any other person.

I wasnt offended, but confused.

I wanna ask her some time, but dont know how to bring it up.

Note: we were a group in a small table talking about how Korean women wants expensive shit and show off all the time.

luso

I mean, The Boys...

Also soshi won KBS chart this week.

you all are mad. Yuri peaked in mr taxi.

that vinyl jumpsuit!

iS2Aclvo8PfJ3.gif

Not for me, not for most. Suit doesn't hides what was happening already.
I will not present photography proofs because I would have to look to those terrible times.
Just watch Mr.Taxi PV and something is already not right.

Since we entered a more thoughtful discussion, let me enjoy this opportunity and ask this:

What do you guys think of Korean fashion? I'm not talking about idols and dramas. Real people, real clothing.

A Korean lady Said to me: "No offense, but westeners dont know how to dress. They just dress for the sake of dressing".

I was with a BIIIIG headache at the time, I didnt feel like asking "What do you mean? Men or women? Are you talking about US? Europe? "

Note: we were a group in a small table talking about how Korean women wants expensive shit and show off all the time.

I'm not expert but I would say koreans can be /are excessively obsessed with looks.
Just look at the numbers of cosmetic surgery and products ads about body, skin, etc.
It is just naturally clothes are also object of obsession, to look good.

spink

Not for me, not for most. Suit doesn't hides what was happening already.
I will not present photography proofs because I would have to look to those terrible times.
Just watch Mr.Taxi PV and something is already not right.

the pressures of promoting in Japan took their toll on her, I know.
but tbh I liked her a little on the slenderer side

llehuty

fixed everything
iKmlMIzAVLBn7.png

WOOt woot, I got a one way ticket
ticket one way, ticket one way, one way one way one way ticket,
ticket one way, ticket one way, one way one way one way ticket,
ticket one way, ticket one way, one way one way one way ticket
STOP ALREADY! so adicting. Speaking of which...

Their comeback date is set at 1/24, so we gotta wait about two weeks.

Found a slightly higher-res picture on their fan cafe:

i7dWEDrIeocUa.jpg
Looking fine fine fine. I need a teaser.

lol Yuri, source?

감 사 합 니 다! ^^

I have become a big fan, everyone here dresses amazing!

Since Image is such a big part of Korean culture it is understandable that they always dress well. I see girls and guys here that hella dress up to go across the street to the store. haha. Most of the people I talk to here don't really like the western style of dress. I pretty much ditched most of my clothes from home and adopted Korean fashion and have received a fuck ton more compliments, I even changed my hairstyle recently. I don't go to the extreme though, no makeup, no purses because the male style tends to lean towards a more feminine side.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Koreans are hella fashionable compared to typical midwestern Americans.

Extreme competition = need to be perfect in everything = thinking about how you dress. I'm sure there are a lot of people in Korea who don't give a crap though.

As for fashion - I love it, gf does as well. For example, I am slightly muscular and fit - good luck trying to find a nice jacket or a suit in Germany. Every shit is baggy and two sizes too large. So all my business suits are tailor-made, and for other clothes - yeah, girl shit, not my fault manufacturers seems to assume I have +10kg extra.

Asian fashion in general has that mix of sexy/cute, most of Western fashion just 'slut'. Also, notice how SNSD dressed during that 'Live Radio Show', nobody in the West below the age of 45 will consider wearing something like that.

dokish

Banned
감 사 합 니 다! ^^

I have become a big fan, everyone here dresses amazing!

Since Image is such a big part of Korean culture it is understandable that they always dress well. I see girls and guys here that hella dress up to go across the street to the store. haha. Most of the people I talk to here don't really like the western style of dress. I pretty much ditched most of my clothes from home and adopted Korean fashion and have received a fuck ton more compliments, I even changed my hairstyle recently. I don't go to the extreme though, no makeup, no purses because the male style tends to lean towards a more feminine side.

Extreme competition = need to be perfect in everything = thinking about how you dress. I'm sure there are a lot of people in Korea who don't give a crap though.

As for fashion - I love it, gf does as well. For example, I am slightly muscular and fit - good luck trying to find a nice jacket or a suit in Germany. Every shit is baggy and two sizes too large. So all my business suits are tailor-made, and for other clothes - yeah, girl shit, not my fault manufacturers seems to assume I have +10kg extra.

Asian fashion in general has that mix of sexy/cute, most of Western fashion just 'slut'. Also, notice how SNSD dressed during that 'Live Radio Show', nobody in the West below the age of 45 will consider wearing something like that.

Can you guys illustrate with some pics?

I'vê been to Germany before, and I CANT seriously see any difference.

Alta1r

1340951093880.gif

yuri__yoona__sunny_and_taeyeon_hoot_gif__by_tokinhafujoshi-d4s0q6n.gif

Speaking of this, is there some secret or sign indicating someone has had plastic surgery or some cosmetic procedure?

When I was in Korea over the summer, I hung out with a couple Korean coworkers a good amount and they'd always say they could tell, just walking down the street, whether someone had surgery done or not. Granted I had no way of verifying whether they were right, and we were usually in Gangnam so there was probably a better than 50% chance that the girls walking around there on a given weekday had had some sort of word done, but I was surprised at how sure they sounded about it. So if there is a trick, they know it, but they never passed it on to me, lol.

My last week there, my friend and I went to a couple of the more residential, not as ritzy areas of Seoul, more towards the outskirts than the middle and there was a noticeable difference between the people we saw there and the ones normally walking around in Gangnam or Apgujeong. But that might have just been makeup and fashion. The trippiest thing was seeing a little black or very dark brown kid, like 10 years old, just speaking Korean with his Korean friend like it was nothing. He probably grew up there and learned it as his first language so it's not surprising, it was just very unexpected, cause we both thought we were going to hear English.

Oh well. What do you think of her hair here: Auburn hair Yuri

Auburn hair Yuri is daebak! @_______@

tumblr_mga94o8FTP1rmevimo1_500.gif

Alta1r

What was she looking for?

Loll. I think she threw her hat and it flew back onto the stage. Taengoo's reaction is infectious. I got this goofy ass smile on my face seeing that gif just from that.

To be confirmed but already words around about Yoona in Running Man.

Awwwww yeeeeaaaahhhhh!! I hope this happens. ASAP as possible.

You live in FarmVille tho. I reckon that the people who live in the rural areas dress the same as you guys down there.

Lol, you reckon, huh?

tumblr_mel6hwJzRm1rjrrnno1_500.gif

Kuno

Just noticed that there's a new (Jan. 4) interview with the director of the documentary "Nine Muses of Star Empire". Pretty interesting stuff. I really wanna see this movie...

http://www.kome-world.com/uk/articles-15106-interview-with-director-lee-hark-joon.html

What I thought was important was having characters who could talk truthfully because it was hard for celebrities to open their hearts and talk about their thoughts truthfully, since the mystic image is a virtue for celebrities. So I went to find the Nine Muses, who had more than six months before their debut. They were expected to be big stars by major Korean media companies, and I thought that they could talk truthfully.

An 18-year-old girl, though not filmed in the movie, was selected as a member of Nine Muses but because she suffered from the hard training and harsh treatment, she gave up and left within six months.

It took more than six months to persuade Star Empire. They allowed me to film the documentary under one condition: They asked me to act as the girls’ managers and shoot the documentary. I accepted their request and got to spend time with the girls for one year. I plan to publish a book on this documentary and it will be published in English as well. I will describe more stories that occurred during the shooting in the book.

Here's the trailer for those who haven't watched it yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whaXLzxo1lI

It's debatable whether we can even speak about plastic surgery - everybody does it in S.Korea, and the surgeons are probably the most advanced in the world. You are not supposed to see it - this is the mark of a great surgeon.

This. 100% this. One of my friends came back from Korea yesterday, she never told us why she went and we assumed it was because of Christmas. We met up at the bar last night and she talked about her experience, you know the usual stuff. But she also mentioned that there was a surgeon in Seoul that was offering a 20% discount on minor surgeries, so she ended up getting a double eyelid surgery. You don't really notice it unless you stare at her eyes. But I gotta say, it helped. She wasn't ugly, certainly not idol levels either, but it makes her eyes less boring to look at lol.

Korean fashion in a different country other than Korea is hit or miss imo. It looks good, but half of the people will think you're overdressed and that's not a good thing. You can dress up like Professor Badass and have your own style but if it's a simple and basic design of dressing up, you're pretty much gonna look like a walking bag of money. Many girls say that it's nice that a guy has a fashion sense beyond a button up, but they don't like it when guys are overdressed for simple occasions such as going to school or just hanging out because they feel a little embarrassed that they're getting outdressed by a man. Btw, when I say overdressed I mean a job interview outfit or when you look like you're going to the club.

My rule is: I can(but don't have to) only overdress twice a week. Other than that, I keep it simple and classy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom