• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT5| Controversies Over Nothing

giri

Who's 1st best?

Choa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Niks

Tiffany is going to the event at New York, but SHINee, alongside Sistar, 4Minute and Miss A (could they be performing their new song?), are performing live from Seoul. There are also going to be live events in Moscow, London and Brazil with also live performances. It could be a nice warmup for MAMA and MelOn awards.

Well if Tiff is flying exclusively for that, chances are they won in their category.

Pendulum

Haha you're not just saying that are you? If not.. no recollection whatsoever?

No, seriously. I was watching a fancam and someone mentioned it in the YouTube comments. Much harder to find it there than on a website somewhere. And I can't recall. :/

Loci

So gud.

---

Kyungri pls x_x

tumblr_mvmjrntF8u1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mvmdtzlQ1T1qkljdfo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mvlei4HfvI1qzhnibo3_250.gif
tumblr_mvlei4HfvI1qzhnibo1_250.gif
tumblr_mvlei4HfvI1qzhnibo3_250.gif

tumblr_mvmdbytT1R1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg
tumblr_mvkyd9JRnL1qkljdfo1_1280.jpg

Proof that Primary is a God and can polish a turd? Lol.

I've been following this since Dramafever started subbing IC and that pretty much blew my expectations. The most surprising song for me was How Do You Dool's song, I knew that Hee-yeol can write some good music, but when he first played the track on IC I didn't expect them to blow it out of the water knowing Jae-suk's singing skills. But when they brought that R&B guy... that was one of those impossible moments where things literally changed over night.

Another one was Double Play's, had some really serious doubts about it when he finally played it on the show. It wasn't as mindblowing as HDYD's but the way it all blended together was amazing.

GAB and Hyung Don/GD's was expected though. The one thing that worries me though is GD's obsession with trap music. I like trap music but please please don't let the next Big Bang album be a trapfest. GAB on the other hand was quite a safe choice imo and it did it's job as the show closer.

I also loved Rose Jaw and 70 Fingers... brings me back to the days of fantastic rock and roll music. Anybody have recommendations for Rose Chin and Jang Kiha and the Faces?

Anyway, first time watching an IC Music Festival and it's quite amazing. I'm also glad DF has been subbing IC, it's one of those shows I've been wanting to watch but the lack of subs make that a difficult option.

Turns out that the Japanese film that Tara's Hyomin stars in called "Jinx!!!" is actually good:

CW6nnj9.jpg

A frothy and fun-packed college comedy romance, Naoto Kumazawa’s Jinx!!! is an engaging tale of star-crossed romance where those trusty plot devices of misunderstanding, shyness and friendship are used to good effect.

what gives this rather lengthy rom-com (it runs over two hours) its heart is the sheer force of personality of Hyomin in her film debut who is a real delight as Jiho, who puts her own sadness to one side and use her matchmaking prowess to try and help Kaede.

http://www.screendaily.com/reviews/the-latest/jinx/5063177.article

ramyeon

Proof that Primary is a God and can polish a turd? Lol.

I've been following this since Dramafever started subbing IC and that pretty much blew my expectations. The most surprising song for me was How Do You Dool's song, I knew that Hee-yeol can write some good music, but when he first played the track on IC I didn't expect them to blow it out of the water knowing Jae-suk's singing skills. But when they brought that R&B guy... that was one of those impossible moments where things literally changed over night.

Another one was Double Play's, had some really serious doubts about it when he finally played it on the show. It wasn't as mindblowing as HDYD's but the way it all blended together was amazing.

GAB and Hyung Don/GD's was expected though. The one thing that worries me though is GD's obsession with trap music. I like trap music but please please don't let the next Big Bang album be a trapfest. GAB on the other hand was quite a safe choice imo and it did it's job as the show closer.

I also loved Rose Jaw and 70 Fingers... brings me back to the days of fantastic rock and roll music. Anybody have recommendations for Rose Chin and Jang Kiha and the Faces?

Anyway, first time watching an IC Music Festival and it's quite amazing. I'm also glad DF has been subbing IC, it's one of those shows I've been wanting to watch but the lack of subs make that a difficult option.
Kim C is a fucking genius so I didn't expect any less from him. His band is pretty much one of my all time favourites.

It's a shame everyone's focusing on the BoA, GD and Primary units just cause they're the most popular artists there.

Go listen and Jang Kiha's self titled second album and Rose Motel (Rose Chin was the name of their unit, combining their name and Hong Chul's famously large chin) only has one album so check that out. Jang Kiha are especially unique sounding, his voice is damn good.

Pendulum

Kim C is a fucking genius so I didn't expect any less from him. His band is pretty much one of my all time favourites.

It's a shame everyone's focusing on the BoA, GD and Primary units just cause they're the most popular artists there.

Go listen and Jang Kiha's self titled second album and Rose Hotel (Rose Chin was the name of their unit, combining their name and Hong Chul's famously large chin) only has one album so check that out. Jang Kiha are especially unique sounding, his voice is damn good.

Whilst Primary is very much along the lines of music I listen to the most (didn't think too much of GD and Hyungdon's song honestly), those performances really piqued my interest in Rose Hotel and Jang Kiha. I'll be sure to check them out.

ramyeon

Whilst Primary is very much along the lines of music I listen to the most (didn't think too much of GD and Hyungdon's song honestly), those performances really piqued my interest in Rose Hotel and Jang Kiha. I'll be sure to check them out.
Nice, it's good to see both groups getting more attention on TV these days, but especially a show like Infinity Challenge that can introduce them to a much larger audience.

Peru

I knew Kim C would deliver , the other rock acts didn't do much for me.

Hyori and hubby have spent a suspiciously long time in Iceland now.

Pendulum

Excerpt from AKP said:
As expected, 'Infinity Challenge' swept the music charts as soon as the songs from their 'Infinity Challenge Music Fetival' were released!

All 8 songs are ranking within the top 10 for all 9 of Korea's charts. The only song intruding is Sung Shi Kyung's "To You", which ranks #7 on the Cyworld charts. Otherwise, all the songs are ranking in places 1-8 on all 9 charts.

dokish

Banned
GAF, I bought new gear. Nikon D7000 + 200mm lens + tripod and a slider its on its way!
That means I will be able to take better, brighter, more professional looking photos from K Idols. And since I quit my job, starting for the next month I'm gonna try to dedicate myself to attend performances outside of Seoul (but that are close enough so I don't have to spend the night in there).

And secondly, I'm starting one small video production where I'm gonna interview Korean people. I already got 2 interviews scheduled with my classmates. The questions will be everything related to Korean culture and their modern life. Anyone where would like me to ask something specifically to them?

Fafnir

I like the Kim C/Jun Ha song the most, I'll probably buy it if I can find it on itunes. I remember the episode when they asked who wanted to trade partners and Kim C wanted to trade with BoA and everyone was like, "no shit, we all want to work with BoA, who do you want to trade with the IC cast?!" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04rUGLC4sk

ramyeon

I like the Kim C/Jun Ha song the most, I'll probably buy it if I can find it on itunes. I remember the episode when they asked who wanted to trade partners and Kim C wanted to trade with BoA and everyone was like, "no shit, we all want to work with BoA, who do you want to trade with the IC cast?!" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V04rUGLC4sk
Definitely my favourite, too. Sounds pretty much like a song he could chuck on the next 뜨거운 감자 record and it wouldn't sound out of place at all. Loved the layering of all the vocals and the keyboard and tap dancing. Really glorious.

The most fun performance was definitely Seventy Fingers for me. They really worked the audience and Haha's energy worked really well with Jang Kiha and the Faces. Loved the trick climaxes and crowd interaction. Second up would be Rose Chin, all around fun and really different style for Rose Motel from their usually folk stuff.

Most lacklustre for me was G.A.B. Too hyped, too confident and the song didn't deliver. BoA and Gil's interaction throughout the episodes until now was great but the song just really failed to deliver on its promise imo. Not bad, just not that great.

How Do You Dul? really deserves mention as well, because it was just a really well crafted song, even with the had to rely on Kim Jo Han as the foundation of the vocals.

Pendulum

Most lacklustre for me was G.A.B. Too hyped, too confident and the song didn't deliver. BoA and Gil's interaction throughout the episodes until now was great but the song just really failed to deliver on its promise imo. Not bad, just not that great.

That's the general consensus, too. The songs are sitting in the top of the charts, but G.A.B. is pretty much at either #7 or #8.

pikpok

Neo Member
No, seriously. I was watching a fancam and someone mentioned it in the YouTube comments. Much harder to find it there than on a website somewhere. And I can't recall. :/

ilJRXcxNh8GuK.gif

Oh, I guess it'll remain a mystery... Do update if you ever find out, thanks!

Ym1r

It's really hard for Asian girls to have butts, it takes a lot of effort to develop them, where as I've seen, for example white girls at the same height and weight have an "ass". Personally, I'm not particularly fond of the standard big booty that everybody likes. I'll say tight athletic butts look really nice, but that "phat" booty thing doesn't fly with me too well. I prefer the no booty looking Asian butts.

Pendulum

It's really hard for Asian girls to have butts, it takes a lot of effort to develop them, where as I've seen, for example white girls at the same height and weight have an "ass". Personally, I'm not particularly fond of the standard big booty that everybody likes. I'll say tight athletic butts look really nice, but that "phat" booty thing doesn't fly with me too well. I prefer the no booty looking Asian butts.

This is the smartest thing you have ever said.

hey, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db1TSUPNVB0 at 2:04

pretty funny and cute! )))

edit- apink is cute as hell

Thank you!

giri

same.

Pendulum

Crayon Pop in Oz

Crayon Pop will be hitting the streets again - except in Australia this time instead of Korea!

The girls will be heading to Australia on the 3rd, and spend a week there promoting themselves. Just like how the girls started off originally in Korea by putting on street concerts, they'll be doing the same in Australia!

The girls will be going around the famous parts of Australia to perform and meet their foreign fans in person. Their label said, "This was planned together with Sony Music Entertainment. We planned these concerts so that the international fans can meet with Crayon Pop through their street guerilla concerts."

Peru

Clicked in to the youtube music awards stream live in seoul now, saw the eat your kimchi duo making faces, clicked out again.

Cuddler

This is pretty catchy! Thanks for the link.
You're welcome! :) It's really interesting to see how many good/interesting overlooked songs are in the charts.
Does anybody happen to know what this gesture where Koreans pinch their forefinger and thumb together means? Most of the examples here are Raina but I just happen to have more of pictures of her doing it; I've seen many other idols doing this as an alternative to the peace sign or flashing a heart when they pose for pictures and it has been bugging me for quite some time.
In Italy people use that gesture to indicate something that has to do with money if I remember correctly. But I think it's probably different in Korea.
And secondly, I'm starting one small video production where I'm gonna interview Korean people. I already got 2 interviews scheduled with my classmates. The questions will be everything related to Korean culture and their modern life. Anyone where would like me to ask something specifically to them?
I will be curious to know what they think about LGBT people and LGBT rights.

Top Bottom